• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon gen 2 interest check

JCKane

Blessed
Hey, been really into Pokemon gen 2 for awhile, and figured I'd see if anyone was up for a 1x1 RP with it. Just a few rules:

1) Only Pokemon from 1 - 251 are allowed (Bulbasaur-Celebi)

2) only Moves that can be found in Gen 1 or Gen 2

3) No abilities.

4) No items from outside gen 1 and gen 2

5) please don't mention any persons, places, or Pokemon from non- Kanto/Johto regions. (I want things to stay in the Gen 2 setting)

6) No Mega Evolution, dynamax, Z-Moves, etc.

7) Romance is allowed but only MxF (does that imply who plays what gender? If so then also FxM)

8) Game logic will be mostly used, some Anime logic could be but know that unless otherwise stated, Game trumps anime

9) There may be some additional moves that Pokemon can learn that they couldn't before. These are moves that in theory they should be able to learn but some reason can't. Example being a scyther can't learn fly. The moves from this list will be allowed for those Pokemon. We can discuss this more if you like.

10) Alternate Shiny forms are allowed. This includes custom ones. (IE, if you want a red pikachu its fine) keep in mind that these alternate shiny forms are to be considered ultra rare.

11) You may play as a cannon character. Preferably ones from the games. If from the anime (like Ash) we can discuss it further.

12) Your Starter Pokemon doesn't have to be one if the Johto starters. I'd just prefer tou pick a non-evolved pokemon. The exceptions being Pokemon that got baby pokemon. IE you can pick pikachu even though it evolves from pikachu.

13) Legendary Pokemon will not be catchable for the most part. Prefer that are used for story purposes. But, we'll see how things turn out as it unfolds.

-

Now, our main characters will be starting out their journeys, we can discuss how we get starters, but it won't be anime logic (as in Elm gives out starter Pokemon). We can travel between Johto and Kanto, and go any route we want. 8 badges get us into the league, rather from Kanto, Johto, or a combination of both. (Note: we could also pick which gyms are characters go after so that we don't have to have one of us face the same gym leader right after the other did.)

Pokemon Crystal will be the base for the game. Thus there's a battle Tower and such.

--

My main character

Name: JC

Background: JC is from an Orphange near White City (the location of Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2). Shes friendly and dreams of one day going on an adventure with her own Pokemon. Her goal is to become the Poke.on Champion. She was moved/moved to Goldenrod City.

I'm really interested in this. I want to write a Pokemon fanfic but I've never written a story before. I have a lot of ideas for my fanfic though so I thought I could incorporate some into a Pokemon RP. This is right up my alley so I'll post my OC and if you like it we can go from there.
--
OC
Name: Emoree Class (Em Class)
Age: 14 (I'm flexible on age but I always felt 10 was too young to travel the world)
Background: Emoree is the son of a Pokemon Ranger in the Almia region. He has graduated ranger school and has goals of setting up ranger posts in the Johto region. He is passionate about protecting pokemon and thier habitats.
Starter: Ratatta
--

I know this is Johto based and the capture styler that rangers use is not really a part of that. If you're comfortable with my OC being a ranger that uses a capture styler I thought that would add contrast to a character who is catching, battling and earning gym badges. If you're not cool with that tech then my OC would be a typical trainer who catches and trains, and ranger posts could just be stations in wild areas like forests that assist trainers and protect habitats. I'm flexible with that whole concept and we can make it different in a way that works for you.

Hopefully you like it. I do have another OC in mind if you're looking for like a rival, battle/gym trainer instead. Thanks for your consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back