• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nabalcat

Unlucky Member
well this will end horribly. I can smell it burning already.
So I cooked up the idea to start a galar rp and me and my friend are looking for a small group to rp with.
a few things you should know
1. um don't really have a set plot in mind so we're just going to adventure through the region and figure things out as we go, plot ideas or secret plans are always welcome!
2. I'm not very active and am liable to ghost at any given moment, so you'll likely be rping with my friend rockheart0103 rockheart0103 most of the time
3. neither of us have finished the game so there's that..? I'm on the 8th gym and rockheart has to wait a week to get it so yeah... sorry... neither of us are really against spoilers at this point though
5. OC's only. No roleplaying as Leon or Marnie or a gym leader or anyone else, that's just my preference.
6. please be a mature responsible person and roleplayer, I'm not going to be dead strict on the 18+ cause I prefer to keep things PG when at all possible. But please don't eat our appletuns with your ultimate half arceus totally not a mary/gary sue OC.

Last edited:
It's been ages since I've done a good old Pokemon RP so I might want to join in. I'll think about it since I haven't played Sword and Shield, thus don't really know anything about the region or its new Pokemon.

welcome to the group! Don't worry about not knowing, neither do we! ^;3^ (like I said earlier I myself am only a few gyms in)
though cause I'm new to the site I'm not 100% sure where to go from here in setting up the rp...

If you expect it to end horribly, then I will end it horribly with you.

Hmmm... any other rules? Culled Pokemon allowed? How many mons can we start with?

Thanks! Glad to have you!
I'd say stick to the Galar pokedex unless your character has moved here from another region for example. For how many mons you start with I was originally going to say do what you think best, but if I had to actually recommend a number I'd say up to 2 as that's the number your rival starts with in the game.

As for any other rules it depends on how you guys want to do things really?
Like we could add in pokemon levels and stats like the games or make it more like the anime

Last edited:
Sure! Though I think you'll be the last person for now? (since we've got 5 people) anyways welcome aboard!!!

as for megas and z-moves that's a... good question...
it's easier to just say that z-moves and megas just don't work in galar for some mysterious reason, since it's closer to the canon that way?
also cause now I'm just imagining a mega evolved dynamaxed pokemon using a z-move and I am terrified by the possibilities. But I'll leave it up to the group! Should I make a poll?

Well, for one thing a mega Pokemon can't even use a z-move. (I think it's not even possible to give a Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent a z-crystal.) Other than that, I agree. For one thing, if we're all starting out, being able to do those would be kinda overpowered right off the bat.

Questions! Would we be starting with one of the elemental starters (Grookey, Scorbunny, Sobble), or could start with anything?

Also, how are we handling the 4 move limit? Can a pokemon remember all levelup moves plus eggmoves, and the limit only applies to tms/trs/move tutor attacks? Can moves be used for things other than they're used for in the games?

You can start with whatever you want I suppose? I don't really have anything against choosing whatever your favorite mon is.

I usually just go with it being like the anime instead of a four move limit (aka not clearly defined) but if you'd prefer it to be the four move limit lets do that instead!

and as for whether moves can be used for other things... yes yes they can 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back