• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Frontier (Open Recruitment)

druidquest

魔法少女
Calling all trainers!

Eager to prove themselves, with adventure in their heart!

Young and old, veteran battlers or just starting out!

The Frontier Challenge wants you!

Explore a vast, ancient region, and prove your mettle in battle and beyond!

A whole new land awaits for any who have the courage to accept the toughest challenge!

Mesaea welcomes you all with arms outstretched!

Pokemon Frontier casts you as participants in the newly opened Mesaea Frontier Challenge, inviting trainers from all over the pokemon world to test themselves in a grueling test of strength, skill, and exploration. Based on the rules of the fan-favorite Nuzlocke challenge, Pokemon Frontier is a sandbox rp that aims to combine narrative freedom with the mechanical restrictions of a semi-randomized game challenge. Both starters and initial pokemon encounters are drawn from pre-formed pools specific to each new area your characters arrive in. However, with 48 separate areas (including towns and dungeons, some of which are divided into yet further areas) you won't be lacking for choice.

Rules
- General guidelines of courtesy and respect for other players apply here, as always
- Some battles will require dice rolls to determine success or failure, to maintain a sense of risk or failure during the rp.
- That being said, don't be afraid of failure! Even if you lose the challenge, you're more than welcome to draw a new character or continue on as a companion rather than a challenger.​

Nope! The nuzlocke rules are enforced as active restrictions within the frontier challenge, so rather than pokemon dying, they're forcibly retired and confiscated from trainers for the remainder of the competition. There are actually areas on the map where you can interact with your own retired pokemon. The full list of Nuzlocke challenge rules being applied within the rp are:
- Only allowed to catch the first encounter in each new area
- Pokemon who are defeated in battle must be retired
- Once you enter a gym/dungeon/trial etc, you cannot leave until you either win or lose
- If you run out of all pokemon (team+backups) you immediately fail the challenge and are unable to continue (though you can keep traveling around with your buddies if you like)​

Since this is an rp however, I did decide it would be prudent, from a narrative perspective, to add a kind of mercy rule introducing "assist medals" trainers can earn which can be exchanged to borrow another trainer's retired pokemon for use in a gym/dungeon/trial etc. I thought it would be a good way to keep pokemon from feeling inevitably disposable and adding value in making them actual characters. The assist medals are few and far between though, and only one can be exchanged at a time.

I uh. I probably should've included this somewhere.

Potentially interested in this!

So we wouldn't even know our starters for the challenge until the RP begins?

Would you possibly have a map of this region? To get an idea of how vast it is?

Would you possibly have a map of this region? To get an idea of how vast it is?
There's a map of the region on the main thread, here:

It's attached to the first post ^^

There's a map of the region on the main thread, here:

It's attached to the first post ^^

Ah, thank you! Wow, that's a really nice map too!

Well lookie where I bumbled in at 2:22 am.

This place looks cool. I'd be interested in making this my first rp on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back