• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Fantasy Adventure | OOC

How well should the trainer's know their Pokemon?

• Should have just met them at the beginning of the RP.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Arcanist Arcanist
Kapowne Kapowne
CommonMalpractice CommonMalpractice
Crow Crow
Centuries Centuries
animegirl20 animegirl20
Delinquent Delinquent

Hello everyone!

I've decided to start the RP either later in the day tomorrow or early Wednesday, with 5 characters submitted and approved, and a longer wait seeming like a bit much, it looks like a good time to finally get this thing going. I do know that not all characters have been submitted, but there's no need to rush your CS and get a character done by tomorrow. It's easy enough to introduce a character at some point later in the RP if need be, so don't worry about getting one in soon, take the time you need and submit it when you think it's finished.

As always, if there are any questions you may have, please feel free to ask.

I forgot to subscribe to the thread and saw all these posts oops XD I'll reply soon hopefully!

Hey I sent in a character (hope your still taking new ones lol) and in it I mentioned he knew his poke for 2 years. I can change that but by knew they hadn't started training or anything. He moreso raised up the Oddish since it was just born.

Hey I sent in a character (hope your still taking new ones lol) and in it I mentioned he knew his poke for 2 years. I can change that but by knew they hadn't started training or anything. He moreso raised up the Oddish since it was just born.
Hey there Coyoot!

I can accept another character, but I take some issue with the origins of the Oddish. It sets up a Pokemon that has complete, almost unwavering, trust in its trainer from the get go, something that entirely removes the initial steps of training a Pokemon. I'd prefer that Oddish have some more independence and behaviors it may get from instinct. A hatched and raised Pokemon is still possible, but it would require that the egg be from the wild and that Oddish understand that Kris is human and that its actual home is not with them, though it may be appreciative of Kris' kindness and have some trust in them for having kept them around for so long, Oddish can not have complete faith in Kris.

I'm willing to talk more about the character if you'd like me to clarify what exactly I'm looking for in a Pokemon or you'd like to present some alternate ideas.

Hey there Coyoot!

I can accept another character, but I take some issue with the origins of the Oddish. It sets up a Pokemon that has complete, almost unwavering, trust in its trainer from the get go, something that entirely removes the initial steps of training a Pokemon. I'd prefer that Oddish have some more independence and behaviors it may get from instinct. A hatched and raised Pokemon is still possible, but it would require that the egg be from the wild and that Oddish understand that Kris is human and that its actual home is not with them, though it may be appreciative of Kris' kindness and have some trust in them for having kept them around for so long, Oddish can not have complete faith in Kris.

I'm willing to talk more about the character if you'd like me to clarify what exactly I'm looking for in a Pokemon or you'd like to present some alternate ideas.
Hey there! I get what your saying. How about instead there was an Oddish that always seemed to frequent the mushroom patch in the garden. Enough that they knew about each other but never quite interacted. After a bit of that, when Kris decided to go off on his own, they saw each other again. Kris outreached a hand, and seeing his kindness in the past, Spore decided he would go with.
Does something along those lines fit better? Feel free to tweak what needs to be tweaked

Hey there! I get what your saying. How about instead there was an Oddish that always seemed to frequent the mushroom patch in the garden. Enough that they knew about each other but never quite interacted. After a bit of that, when Kris decided to go off on his own, they saw each other again. Kris outreached a hand, and seeing his kindness in the past, Spore decided he would go with.
Does something along those lines fit better? Feel free to tweak what needs to be tweaked

That's perfect actually! Tell me once you've finished editing the CS and I'll go check it out.

When the most naïve and trusting of the group is considered to have the more common sense x3

oh god, i didn't see this until now and now i've fallen behind... oops
aah i'll post as soon as possible, i'm sorry for being late!

Bleh, sorry my replies are so few and far between. I think 'okay, post time!' and then writer's block is just, 'hah.'​

I have to apologise too! I've been quite busy this week and haven't had a chance to write up a post ^^;

oh god, i didn't see this until now and now i've fallen behind... oops
aah i'll post as soon as possible, i'm sorry for being late!
Bleh, sorry my replies are so few and far between. I think 'okay, post time!' and then writer's block is just, 'hah.'​
I have to apologise too! I've been quite busy this week and haven't had a chance to write up a post ^^;

Kapowne Kapowne
Coyooot Coyooot
animegirl20 animegirl20
(There's a couple of things here for you all too)

There's no need to worry! Writer's block, a busy schedule, and my poor execution of the release of the IC (yeah, that was more of me forgetting to put a post in the OOC than you not seeing it Centuries, so I actually owe you and everyone else an apology) are all perfectly reasonable reasons for posting problems, so there's no need to apologize. Not to mention that I've been gone for 5 days, IC response wise this can be pretty normal as I wait to give everyone the chance to respond, but I do feel that I should have at least been active in the OOC.

A quick thing to everyone else as well, I'll be posting tomorrow in the IC and will be moving everyone along through the banquet, to a tour of the estate, and finally a small intro to everyone's training. If anyone has an idea for a scene they'd like to go through, within this set of events I have planned or has a few more things to ask/say before moving one, try to tell me. I'll likely be posting around 9-10 PM EST, maybe later if I'm still able to function in my tired state of mind, just to give everyone an idea of when I'll be moving things along. I know that time is a weird thing to figure out so don't stress about it too much if you aren't able to contact me before I post (I'm sure there's a way to fit in things after the fact and I'll be sure to cooperate with whatever that way is). This is a little weird and may feel like me moving the story along a too fast, but I'd really like to get everyone into the meat of the RP with adventuring and such.

Also, a little side question for everybody (and this is the final thing I promise), are Tobias' Pokemon confusing to keep track of? Looking back at some of my posts I've noticed that my switch between describing what a Pokemon is doing and what Tobias is doing may be a bit confusing since I use the same pronoun for all of the characters and stating their names doesn't always help in discerning which one I'm talking about.

A quick thing to everyone else as well, I'll be posting tomorrow in the IC and will be moving everyone along through the banquet, to a tour of the estate, and finally a small intro to everyone's training. If anyone has an idea for a scene they'd like to go through, within this set of events I have planned or has a few more things to ask/say before moving one, try to tell me. I'll likely be posting around 9-10 PM EST, maybe later if I'm still able to function in my tired state of mind, just to give everyone an idea of when I'll be moving things along. I know that time is a weird thing to figure out so don't stress about it too much if you aren't able to contact me before I post (I'm sure there's a way to fit in things after the fact and I'll be sure to cooperate with whatever that way is). This is a little weird and may feel like me moving the story along a too fast, but I'd really like to get everyone into the meat of the RP with adventuring and such.

Awesome! Do you want us to send you an idea here in the OOC or would you prefer it in PMs? I might have a slight idea but it's hardly developed haha.

Also, a little side question for everybody (and this is the final thing I promise), are Tobias' Pokemon confusing to keep track of? Looking back at some of my posts I've noticed that my switch between describing what a Pokemon is doing and what Tobias is doing may be a bit confusing since I use the same pronoun for all of the characters and stating their names doesn't always help in discerning which one I'm talking about.

I've been following along alright! It's just remember which Pokémon has which name is all ^^; but that's just me personally.

Awesome! Do you want us to send you an idea here in the OOC or would you prefer it in PMs? I might have a slight idea but it's hardly developed haha.

I've been following along alright! It's just remember which Pokémon has which name is all ^^; but that's just me personally.

Either is fine, PM if you need to discuss something more secretive and OOC if its any other idea.

Either is fine, PM if you need to discuss something more secretive and OOC if its any other idea.

Ah, no problem! Honestly, I'd simply want Valeria to focus on trying to get Delphi to not...peck her so much. Kind of earn her trust/earn a better bond with her Pokémon, which I suppose is a general idea in everyone's training haha.

Ah, no problem! Honestly, I'd simply want Valeria to focus on trying to get Delphi to not...peck her so much. Kind of earn her trust/earn a better bond with her Pokémon, which I suppose is a general idea in everyone's training haha.

It is where my post is going towards in regards to the beginning of training, but focusing on reducing aggressive or annoying behavior could be the start of a more unique form of training. So I'm sure I can add something to Valeria's training intro just to make it a bit different, this is something I'm also trying to do with the other trainers based off of what they've said and done already (plus a few other things that I won't specify).

Also, there's a small update to the timeframe from before. As it turns out my schedule has cleared up for the next couple of days so I've decided to wait a little longer to see if anyone else has any requests. Most likely this will mean a post going up midday tomorrow (if not, later in the day), I really want to make sure that everyone has had the chance to provide their input on the matter.

Kapowne Kapowne
Coyooot Coyooot
animegirl20 animegirl20
(There's a couple of things here for you all too)

There's no need to worry! Writer's block, a busy schedule, and my poor execution of the release of the IC (yeah, that was more of me forgetting to put a post in the OOC than you not seeing it Centuries, so I actually owe you and everyone else an apology) are all perfectly reasonable reasons for posting problems, so there's no need to apologize. Not to mention that I've been gone for 5 days, IC response wise this can be pretty normal as I wait to give everyone the chance to respond, but I do feel that I should have at least been active in the OOC.

Personally I think it’s going okay! I haven’t had too much problem knowing the difference between Pokémon, I just keep forgettting what types of Pokémon they are. But that’s not really a lack of you saying what type they are.

As far as Desmond’s and chimchars training, I liked the idea of Desmond’s and chimchar being really capable fighters that use a lot of fire. So maybe martial arts training type thing? Maybe some magic training? Idk how you want to theme that stuff

Personally I think it’s going okay! I haven’t had too much problem knowing the difference between Pokémon, I just keep forgettting what types of Pokémon they are. But that’s not really a lack of you saying what type they are.

As far as Desmond’s and chimchars training, I liked the idea of Desmond’s and chimchar being really capable fighters that use a lot of fire. So maybe martial arts training type thing? Maybe some magic training? Idk how you want to theme that stuff

I see, a combat focused training is the standard for most trainers, but I do have a few ideas for something more personalized. It is largely what you said (training in martial arts and control over fire), though I’ll see if I can work this into something more specific to Desmond and his chimchar.

Honestly, my idea for Anastasia's training is just for her to get closer to Froakie. I feel like her secondary goal would be evolving it to a Greninja.

Also, Kapowne Kapowne , I feel like Anastasia and Desmond could have a great rivalry, lol. Fire vs. water, a true classic.​

I feel like Kris' training would be more aligned into giving him a backbone. Right now he can't say no to any pokemon and that won't help him or them. Also to get Spore to focus at all. But like, also the normal training stuff and all that. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back