• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pokemon DnD! Gotta Catch em all! (DnD-esque, Custom)

Syvvaris

I love Emilia
So I have had this crazy idea for a long long time, and I don't think my current group is ready for a campaign like this. (Mostly because we can't get together either in person or online and our Discord RP's are taking way to long.)

Pokemon in a DnD-esque medieval high fantasy setting, except you're characters aren't set solely in the semi-realism of DnD rules. Your characters are going to be a bit more flashy than the typical DnD characters with limits to long rest and short rests.

The basis of the rules would be for the most part DnD 5e, with the exception of your "Abilities". Think of a 5e Battlemaster Fighter with all of those battle maneuvers, except instead of a pool of die you have those abilities on Recharge!

You will be able to freely pick your special abilities and special attacks that will help you mold your character into what you want it to do and not what DnD will allow you to do.

Special Abilities would be abilities that aren't necessarily combat focus but can be all around focus. It could be the typical Rogue's Sneak attack; being able to tell if someone is lying; or spell casting! (Spellcasting would work significantly different than spell slots. It would be more like charging/recharging kinda thing.)

Special Attacks would start out as stuff like the Battle Maneuvers or Cleave and can end up being like a massive AoE kinda Deal.

What about Pokemon?

Think about them being the "Monsters" or "Creatures" in this world. They are both pets, predators and prey to the people in this setting. What this means, you being a "Pokemon Trainer" might net you 1 to 3 Pokemon; since a simple Pikachu could potentially kill a good portion of a town.

Will you be able to "catch" a Pokemon, yes but not in mass like the games.

Setting!
You will be apart of an expedition to a far off land and encounter Pokemon "unknown" to your homelands. Which Pokemon and what Gen would be decided with the group. You will be exploring unknown lands and being forced to use the resources of the land you came too.

The real question is: What is your character's view of Pokemon?
  • Are they just like animals as we view them today? Pets? Food? Dangerous Predators? (Like Dogs/Cats; Cows; or Mountain Lions)
  • Are they beings of divinity and need to be worship? (Think Arceus as being a God, or how Hindus revere cows.)
  • Or are they trophies to hunt?
  • Or a threat to humanity and need to be destroyed?

What do you say? Do you want to join me in creating a cool character concept and explore an untouched land? Fight, train or save Pokemon? Uncover a mystery?

Oh this sounds to be very interesting. I would love to be a part of this and maybe talk shop a bit more on the mechanics you have set up. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back