• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon Destinies

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Reina Cortez, Day 1. Pythiana Island.

"Another one?"

Reina's eyes met with the bartender picking up her empty glass, wiping the spot where it had been with a white towel and waiting for her response with a smile. Should she have another one? She wasn't really a drinker and she read somewhere that drinking in the sun is not safe. Maybe a small martini wasn't a lot, but for someone who was new to the game, maybe it was? She couldn't risk it, besides she already felt more relaxed than when she first sat down.

"No, thank you, that will be all." She replied with a polite tone and returned the smile to the young man. "Do you know any fun places to visit?"

The bartender raised and eyebrow as he cleaned a glass mug, he looked at Reina for a few moments and set the glass down next to a group of recently polished mugs. "Well depends what kind of fun you're looking for."

Reina was taken back a bit, what was she looking for? She looked down at the Clefairy on her lap, searching for an answer, but the pink Pokemon just looked up at her and shrugged. The Metztlian trainer looked back up at the one asking the question as her mind tried to come up with a proper answer. Her goal had to been to relax so she needed to think of something that didn't include Pokemon battles or related to it. "What about dancing?"

The bartender chuckled and leaned over the counter. "You see that street down there?" He pointed towards a street in the distance, lined up with fancy and modern looking buildings. "Those are night clubs, you might find one there to your liking. What kind of clubs are you into?"

Reina was astonished again by the question. When she was in school she was class president and in the volleyball team. However, she didn't want to do something she already knew how to do, she wanted something new. She could try a drawing or reading club. But she wasn't planning on staying so long, would they accepted temporary members like that?

The man waiting for an answer noticed the girl was having trouble deciding. "What is your click? Fancy stuff, raves, mosh pits, bikers?"

"Well I do like bikes a lot." Reina replied, feeling a bit confident in her answer. "I'm sure learning more about bikes can probably be useful during my trips."

"Oh do you go into a lot of road trips?"

"Yeah most of them are on the road, it's always nice to see the scenery you know?"

"Definitely, why else would you ride? What kind of ride do you have?"

"Well I had this green one, but I had to leave it behind, too much weight."

"Oh was it a sports bike?"

"I think so, it was pretty fast."

The bartender shot a smile at the foreign girl and nodded. "Nice nice. Well look for one called Wild Ursarings. A lot of bikers hang out there."

"Really? Great, I hope I can join their club, um would you mind showing me the way?"

"Sorry ma'am, I'm stuck here all day and night, but that guy over there looks like he knows his way around here, why don't you ask him?" The bartender pointed at the red haired man who had just left the bar a few moments ago. "From what I heard he travels a lot, so he probably knows how to move around in tourist locations."

"Great, thank you!" Reina smiled as she left a tip for the bartender and paid her drink.

She was a bit excited to join a biking club. Maybe they could bike around all the islands. It was perfect, great exercise and a personal view of Santoris. Of course, first she would need to get a bike. She was thinking of getting a mountain one, red, with a basket for Diva on the back. First she needed to get accepted though and hopefully that man she was directed to knew how to get to Wild Ursarings.

"Excuse me." Reina tapped Flynn's shoulder. "Do you happen to know how I can get to a club called Wild Ursarings?"

Retro Master Retro Master

1656838287306.png
Annette - Delphia
Annette continued onwards down the street, her phone open in one hand locating herself on the maap whilst trying to pinpoint the signup location from the flyer she’d picked up from the obnoxious girl. She paused at the traffic lights, eyes flicking up and down the road in anticipation of the lights changing. As they flicked over she was the first off the curve, walking briskly over the crossing.

As she weaved through the crowds, eyes shifting too and from the map to her surroundings, she wondered why she was so amped up. Ordinarily, she’d never walk this fast unless it was to a freshly unveiled dig site or the hard-fought opening of a new display at the museum. This was the sign-up for a pokemon fight, although it was only the means to an end in getting to the island she wanted it wasn’t exactly needed. Even when arriving at the airpot she’d seen an abundance of advertised boat, plane, copter, braiviary, lapras and Corvidknight rides to the other islands.

Finally, she made it to her location. Just the next street over from the port by the terminal she’d arrived at originally. It was a particularly quiet location, unlike the rest of the city it was down an alley; there was a cute little cafe with a couple of snoozing vileplumes outside. Despite their name, there was a pleasant scent in the air, occasionally one of the pokemon would sneeze and petals and spores would scatter in the area. Annette raised her eyebrow, Vileploom spoors were known to be highly toxic and one of the largest causes of anaphylaxis back in the Kanto and Johto regions. A narrow alleyway like this with practically no airflow meant the spores simply hung in the air.

Annette slung her bag from her shoulders crouching onto the floor to open it up, scrounging past her newly acquired camera for one particular item of hers. Pulling it out it was a gas mask, with a full mouth and nose cover and two large filters on the side. Working underground as she did there was a considerable risk of trapped gases being uncovered when digging. She had acquired this mask in preparation for her first expedition under Mount Chimney and had since kept it on her person.

Dousing out the cigarette she had she pulled the straps of the mask over her head, zipping up her bag and walking forward towards the cafe. She walked through the mist of petals and spores, as she did one of the Vileplum opened it’s tired eyes and looked at her. It smiled brightly and let out a yawn-like “plooooooom” as more pink spores spilled out of its pistil. She gave the pokemon a gentle pat as it nestled into her hand excited, before stepping through the door with the “sign-ups for the 24-hour battle tournament here” poster.

There was a pleasant jingle as a bell chimed, looking up she saw a Chimeko hovering by the door, greeting her with a smile as the Vileploom had. The cafe was small but it had a cozy feel to it. It was dimly lit by several candles of different colours, even a few Litwick hovering up by the ceiling. It was, however, empty; the few scattered tables were all empty save the decorative flower vases sat on them. As the door shut behind her she heard the pitter-patter of feet as an elderly woman appeared through a curtained-off room behind the counter.

Seeing Annette, standing there with a gas mask she gave a surprising gawp exhaling a long slow cloud of vape-mist from her mouth, before speaking,
“Well you’re the first one I’ve seen to use a gas mask, you a poison-type trainer are you?” she asked with a surprisingly assertive tone. Annette got the feeling this wasn’t the type of woman to cross.
Annette removed the gas mask and approached the counter, taking a seat at one of the stools that were more common in bars than cafes. The woman watched her expectantly as she pulled up the menu and began scanning the drinks section. She slid her finger down and tapped at the tea section.

“One Earl-Groudon please. No milk and a dab of honey for sweetener. And a couple biscuits please” Annette ordered.

The woman gave a brisk nod and put the freshly-filled kettle onto the stove to boil as she fetched out a container of tea-leaves, “That’ll be ₱650”.
Annette pulled out her wallet and deposited the coins in the baristas outstretched hand. It was quickly snatched away and pocketed into the womans apron, the jingle implying there was additional coins already in there.

“So what’s the deal with the vileplooms. That's a health hazard in a place without a draft, you could be fined,” Annette pondered out loud as she lent on the counter waiting for her drink to be finished.
The owner responded with a gruff sound of indifference, “Everyones got pokemon, those girls have been with me since before your mother was a maiden girl. Besides they keep out the rifraf, far too much happens in alleyways in big cities, they keep me and my patrons safe”.

Annette nodded slowly at her response. The teacup was placed in front of her, giving it a swirl with her spoon before taking a sip. It was hot but good, she placed the cup back down and dunked one of the freshly baked biscuits into it before taking a bite and nodding in satisfaction.

“Your tea’s good, but how can you afford a place in the middle of the city if you don’t get any new customers?” Annette enquired, taking another sip.

The owner chuckled, “Word of mouth helps kid, I’ve got enough regulars to get by, property was a lot cheaper when I bought this place. When I’m ready to go I can sell big and settle down somewhere nice like Floaroma town over in Shinnoh. Besides, I make plenty enough from my berry remedies,” she added, gesturing to a small shelf of various fragrance bottles, condiments, sauces and jams.

Annette hopped off her stool, nursing her cup of tea, and walked over to look bending slightly to read the signs.

“Pecha berry-infused moisturiser... Wait you sell this off to your customers to use so they can get past the vileplooms,” Annette exclaimed. Turning back to the owner she gave an accusing frown. The womans response was to chuckle more.

“As I said kid, you’re the first i’ve seen to use a gas mask. But yes, I farm some berries and flowers for my recipes and sell them to my clients to make getting back here easier. I don’t sell them for much but its enough to keep me sitting happy,” she burst into delighted laughter which gave Annette some mad-scientist vibes.

“You seem very antagonistic towards tourists, why’d you register your place as a sign-up point for the battle tournament then?” Annette asked, holding up the flyer she’d found.

The owner rubbed her chin and smiled with narrowed eyes at Annette.

“Ahh, so that’s what brought you here,” she shrugged. “It’s a simple enough reason, registering as a signup booth earns you a nice little incentive from the government. Lots of businesses try for it as not only does it earn you a little bit of extra income but it brings people to your shop. That’s all,” she explained.

Annette thought about it for some time, taking the occasional sip from her cup. She walked back to her stool and sat back down, dunking her second biscuit. The owner slid a small tablet to her side [Sign-up for the Santoris 24 Hour Battle Tournament] emblazoned on the screen. Annette flicked the screen up, entering her name, Trainer ID and current Pokemon, before hitting submit. Letting out a long sigh as the relief of knowing this task was done washed over her she took another sip of her tea before ordering a plate of Blukberry Toast.

full

full

cb87873c593d3d5e9649ef3faced567f.png

~Location: Mykora Island: Sunbreech Beach~
~Mentions: Emilia Emory OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
360_F_343147442_BT7ay5L5jQAc6g14QlYDFelfeF1kgmri.jpg

Not one to sit back and wait for defeat to be handed to them, the dragon that was Echo would almost immediately begin to pick up her speed; the weight of her trainer that she was lugging about being of little consequence as her pride was placed on the line. She was a dragon; a queen. There was no chance that your common everyday piece of sashimi would get the better of her; even if they had the advantage in the water. Roaring, the sudden increase of her speed had caught Alon by surprise as the blue haired man was almost pulled forward into a faceplant; his experience being the only thing that separated his face from the waters surface.

"Oi!, Warn me next time!" he shouted skyward, the smile ever present across his face as he reaffixed his grip upon the handle; Echo merely grunted; her eyes focused upon the mantine presently in the lead. Inevitably this was going to be a bumpy ride; one made treacherous as the fever of mantine and mantyke took to playing dirty. Several of the water rays would slow their pace; beginning to alter their trajectory in the water as they broke into three distinct groups. The lead mantine followed by a small possy had continued forward towards the large rock whilst the rest had formed two smaller groups; one beginning to swim in a clockwise motion whilst the other swam anti-clockwise.

"Oh you're taking the piss...thats playing dirty!" blasted Alon, watching as two whirlpools began to form ahead of him; the underhanded ploy of the mantines and mantyke being quite sinister. "... anything to win eh...? Fine." remarked Alon, accepting the challenge before him without an ounce of fear in his eyes. "Echo, seems this has become an all out fight to the finish line!, no more going easy on them!" shouted Alon, "Rise!" he commanded and almost instantly, Echo would ascend higher into the sky, the length of the tether that pulled Alon along now a rope that pulled Alon skyward, the trainer soaring high enough to avoid the pull of the two whirlpools before finally splashing down several yards away. "Oh hell yeah, that was awesome!" cheered Alon, glancing backwards with 1 hand pulling his eyelid down and a tongue stuck out to the blue faces appearing out of the water; the Mantine and Mantyke annoyed by their failure.

Gradually beginning to catch up to the lead Mantine, Alon could begin to see the water pokemon begin to tire; the mad sprint from the start beginning to take its toll on the ray. "Its slowing down!, Now or never Echo! Its the final sprint!" Echo roared again, once more picking up the speed as a bout of second wind caught effect., "Use dragon ru....." began Alon, before something odd caught his attention.

Blinking once, twice and a third time to be completely certain that his eyes were not playing tricks on him, Alon watched as the large rock that was the goal of this race had begun to move; a large splash momentarily blocking the view of the shifting rock before finally a large pokemon was revealed; the squirming cheating lead Mantine caught in its jaws as its wing flaps flailed widely in panic. "Is.. Is that a Tyrantrum?! Its massive!" exclaimed Alon, his partner Echo slowing down to a stop as she eyed the fellow dragon pokemon. Displeasure in her eyes as once again her dragonic pride took effect. Call it instinctual or territorial behaviour, but Echo was not too pleased to have another dragon in her presence; more so one that had yet to acknowledge her. How dare that lowly earth dragon be more interested in seafood than her presence.

An exasperated Alon could only watch the miniscule changes in Echo's facial expressions, knowing full well what was going through her head. This wasn't their first rodeo, nor was it their tenth or twentieth. Echo was always going to be a troublemaker, especially when other dragons were around. At least now, she was more susceptible to keeping her cool rather than attempting to force the other dragon type to acknowledge her. "Echo.." spoke Alon, "... I know what you're thinking... but now's not the time... that Mantine needs our help..." an annoyed snort and a puff of smoke was the only response Alon got.

Glancing to the shoreline to look for his other partner's, Alon's hope of their aid was quashed as he noticed how ignorant they were to what was happening out at sea and instead more interested in their sand building competition.

A small sandstorm had began to form courtesy of Nimbus, the weather pokemon gathering a large amount of sand on their side of the field as Yoru got to work sculpting the sand with a flurry of leaf blades; the newly awakened artisan putting his heart and soul into its creation as a 6ft sand sculpture of a Tsareena was quickly taking shape. More heart than soul by the looks of it.

The fortunes of Neptune and Kaminari were on the other hand far less successful. Neptune was keeping up with the spirit of the competition; using his thick hands to gather and slowly shape the sand into something that sorta resembled an actual castle. Kaminari however, was merely standing atop their current creation; a look of malice present in their eyes as they eyed the oppositions creation. A quick Zip Zap would be enough to destroy it. Alas, Neptune was keenly aware of his team mates more villainous tendencies and at the mere sight of a flurry of electricity dancing across the rotund rodent's body; a large blue hand would grasp the steel ball pokemon, unfazed by the rodents electrical protest.

"Its just you and...me?" a confused Alon spoke as he saw the large Tyrantrum get attacked by what appeared to be a Primarina and a few moments later a white blob that had smacked straight into the side of the dino's face. "I.. i dont even understand what's happening anymore..." sighed Alon who by now was threading water; the lack of forward momentum causing him to inevitably begin to sink as he simply watched from his spot as the situation was seemingly being resolved. The mantine now free from its precarious position.

Moments would pass as the frozen sculpture remained rooted to its spot; the sight eliciting a 'you deserved it' grin from Echo as she now circled the work of Primarina and Snom; her feet now longer grasped around the other end of the tether as she momentarily left Alon to wallow in defeat in the middle of the ocean.

Alon meanwhile would be keeping both hands clasped around the board he had used to ride the waves; now using it as a means to remain afloat and while he had been startled by the sudden appearance of the apologetic Primarina that had popped up next to him, he was more startled by the fact that she had swam away without offering aid as well as the fact that Echo had seemingly forgotten about him in order to portray some kind of dragonic superiority over the frozen tyrantrum. "Alrighty then... I'll just float about.. don't mind me... " he sighed, floating amidst the waves.

It was a few minutes before Echo would finally look down to her feet that she would finally realise the lack of 'extra weight' adhered to her. A panic look had spread across her face before she quickly spotted the bobbing blue puff of hair that was Alon's amidst the waters surface. Flustered, she would make her way towards him' clasping Alon gently by both shoulders as she lifted him from the surface.

"You forgot me..." teased Alon, putting on a mockingly annoyed tone. "What if I had drowned.. eh?" Echo remained quiet, ensuring that her clasp upon his shoulders was as gentle as possible as the pair flew towards the ocean.

Meanwhile back at the sandcastle competition going on between the rest of Alon's pokemon; things were taking a turn for the worse as the steel rodent began to spin uncontrollably within Neptunes grasp; a gyro ball attack causing friction against the swamperts palm before he would inevitably let go. Like cannon fire, Kaminari was shot forward; straight through the chest of the Tsareena sculpture and obliterating Yoru's creation and heart in the process as a loud blast echoed across the beach. Yoru paralyzed at the sight of his sand Tsareena exploding before him could only fall to both knee's as leafy fingers clasped the sandy remains of the sculptures body.

Unbeknown to the quartet; the trajectory of Kaminari as he continued to gyrate himself in his spin would be heading directly towards where Emilia had been sunbathing; the iron rodent unable to stop himself.

ELIO || Location: A side street || Interactions: Aria temporarybliss temporarybliss , Reggie (kind of) Merciless Medic Merciless Medic , William (also kind of) Key of Stars Key of Stars and a very angry Whirlipede. || Mentions: Kasey and the blond (Jet).
Elio watched Reggie spin and spin, mildly confused and only slightly amused. Okay… Right. Sure. A party at the festival might be kind of fun, maybe. But he didn’t know the singing man or annoying detective man and he really was not in the mood to hang out with people he didn’t know. He wanted to figure out what was going on with Kasey and catch up with Aria, and going to a party probably wouldn’t help much with either of those things. He was musing over his decision to go to the party or not, but then the (fake) detective opened his mouth again.

He stayed carefully silent while the (fake) detective spoke. Elio might have, maybe, possibly, been a little bit more abrasive than was necessary, but he wasn’t going to concede to some pompous jerk now. He did return Bells to her ball after the dark haired man rubbed at his shin and made a mental note to remind Bells that she was not supposed to bite people, which would be about the fifteenth time he had to remind her of that.

The (fake) detective agreed to go to the party. Elio studied him, then looked at Reggie. A party with these two people and Aria? Would it really be worth it? He also had no prior engagements for the night, so he could definitely go, but would he have fun there? Or would it be awful? Would the (fake) detective be less annoying when he wasn’t hot on the case?

Maybe he would. Maybe Reggie also wouldn’t flirt with him or talk with him again, if there were other people around for him to flirt with. Maybe he should give both of them another chance, because he knew the reason he was being grumpy and unpleasant was all because he was so stressed out.

Everything was fine now, though. Aria was just home again then got her Eevee stolen before they could even talk to each other. Kasey was just in Santoris (not confirmed) being tricked by some Team Eclipse person (also not confirmed) or falling for something else dumb and possibly dangerous. Nothing was wrong or an issue, at all.

Aria nudged him and he smiled at her easy tease, then shrugged. “Maybe I will, not girlfriend,” he teased back, gesturing to both Reggie and William. “After all, I have to make sure neither of these guys tries to sweep you off your feet, since that’s supposed to be my job.”

His phone chimed in his pocket and he pulled it out, worried about Kasey. He felt the frown on his face at the message. It was fine? Was it really? But Kasey was in Santoris and he thought he was in Pallet Town. He never got to explore outside of Kanto. He was being tricked by some blond stranger who probably did not have good intentions. Was that really fine? It didn’t seem like it to Elio.

He put his phone to his chest and took a step away from the trio, pulling up a smile. “Actually, I have to go check on something really fast. I'll be back as soon as I can be. And, uh, I think I will go to the party, then we can talk there?” Elio asked Aria, then nodded to Reggie and William. “Watch out for them though. Who knows what a couple of strangers will do to a cute girl like yourself.” He slid his phone back into his pocket and took several more steps back. “See you later, Ria. Be careful.” He waved, then spun and headed back toward the main street.

If Kasey was at the Pokemon Center then that was where Elio would head to first. He started going that way, choosing to go a less crowded way. He kept to the edge of the road to avoid running into the tourists and pulled his phone out after checking to make sure his path was clear, then he scrolled back through his conversation with Kasey.

He really had no idea what he’d do if he saw Kasey anywhere in Santoris. He couldn’t just go up and say hi to him, could he? Would Kasey even recognize him? It had been a while since Elio sent a picture of himself. Years, approximately. His hair was blue now. He couldn’t just speak to Kasey without knowing if he would even know it was him. He didn’t want Kasey to think he was weird or overly friendly or anything like that.

He was so busy trying to figure out what to do about the ‘Kasey is maybe in Santoris’ situation that he didn’t notice the spiky round gray Pokemon roll in front of him. He tripped over it and fell onto the ground, letting out a cry and grabbing at his shin. He winced when he saw there was a bright red slash, and that his knee was also bleeding, then he heard an angry whine come from whatever he tripped over.

Oh no. Not a Whirlipede. They could spin so fast and be so vicious if they were attacked, and Elio just whacked it with his shoe. This day could not get any worse.

“I’m so sorry,” he said quickly, holding his hands up. The Whirlipede kept whining. “I didn’t mean to hurt you, I swear. I just wasn’t paying attention and—”

The Whirlipede lunged at him. Elio yelped and dove out of its way, then clambered up and tried to run, but pain shot up his leg. He gasped and stumbled and fell against someone, knocking them over.

“Oh Arceus, sorry,” he said quickly, grabbing the stranger's arm and helping them up again. “I didn’t mean to- There’s an angry Pokemon so you should—”

The Whirlipede whined again, giving Elio enough of a warning to push the stranger out of the way and dodge it before it charged at him. The crowd of people screamed and scrambled to get out of the way, and the stranger he was by ran away to find somewhere safer to be. The Whirlipede whined and began to roll toward the other people who were still around.

“Don’t go after them,” Elio mumbled, taking a step back in preparation to run. “Hey, bug!” he called to it, then took another stumbling step back when it turned to face him. His leg hurt so badly but he needed to get it somewhere less populated if he wanted to have one of his Pokemon stop it.

The Whirlipede hissed at him and started to spin. Elio took off at a staggered run, annoyed by the limp from his injured leg. He turned to face it and grabbed one of his balls, hoping no one else was around to get caught in the battle.

Last edited:

Reginald Valerias1656904901657.png
Interactions: Elio ( smolfluffball smolfluffball ), Aria ( temporarybliss temporarybliss ), William ( Key of Stars Key of Stars ), Kasey ( Paperface Paperface ), Jet ( Gary Sue Gary Sue )
Mentions: N/A
Pokemon:

1656904919088.png Emeric the Haunter
1656904927903.png Elvira the Munna
1656904936095.png Bob the Shedinja

AH-HAH! GRINS!! He got people to find amusement out of his silly theatrics! It was truly an amazing day after all! And, what's even better, William the cool detective, Aria the famous singer, and the cool blue-haired kid he has yet to get the name of are coming! They all agreed to his master plan of having fun and- boy, was it a joyous day!

He ignored Aria's attempts at trying to get him and William to understand that Elio and Aria weren't dating. The flowers, the way they ran off while holding hands, and then their teasing of "not boyfriend" and "not girlfriend" was completely OBVIOUS they were together, right? Cute, but maybe he shouldn't flirt with the blue-haired lifeguard. He seemed rather pissy and he didn't want to make his day any worse. Maybe an apology for being an arrogant prick earlier could help him. However, Elio decided to leave them. How sad. But, he did say he was coming by to the party, teased about what they could do to Aria (the nerve!!!), and went on his way after looking through his phone for something.

Huh, weird.

With a finger on his chin, he narrowed his eyes as he thought of a way to apologize to the lifeguard and finally earn himself his name. OH! He had just the idea!

Go big or go home, his father always said (much to his mother's chagrin).

Reggie waved to Aria and William with a cheesy grin, going to a nearby cafe to get his Pokemon some food before he forgot again, a pleased and relieved gruff sigh leaving his Haunter, who floated close behind him.
"See you two later!" With that, he entered a cafe on the same street and it was Alola themed. Malasadas? Hell yeah!!

After getting rainbow malasadas for all three of his Pokemon and getting himself a sweet one, they all ate their fill of food before Reggie went back on the track of looking for Elio. He managed to run around in a full circle, until he found the Pokemon Center.

Well, he would have entered to get his Pokemon checked when he heard screaming from close by. Running over, he looked over to see that unmistakable blue head of hair, and as the crowd dispersed, he saw the lifeguard stumbling over people as he struggled to get away from the thing that rolled after him in its nearly four-foot tall body. A grey circular shell with segmented parts, two pairs of darker grey-striped antennae on opposite sides of the tire-like Pokemon with red circles and two poisonous fin-like spines on each side of the segments... Yellow eyes in the middle on either side, sunken into the darkened, tight body of the bug...

Whirlipede.

Adrenaline pumped through his body, making Reggie jittery and his voice more commanding than usual. He looked around to see a strong-looking man with lavender hair and a blonde, smug man in a blue jacket and glasses. Either way, he whistled and pointed at the Whirlipede.
"Bob, Aerial Ace!" As the Shedinja shot out from his jacket, the hollow husk of his arms stretched out and began to glow a bright sky blue. He left a trail of flying energy in his wake as he neared the Whirlipede, meanwhile Reggie looked at the two who looked like they could beat a Whirlipede into submission.

"Yo, help out, will ya?! More people are gonna get hurt if we don't stop the Whirlipede!" Then he started running towards the thing, Munna clinging onto his head for dear life while Haunter growled and chased after the Whirlipede.

Who leaned to each side alternatively before skidding to a halt and making Bob miss. Miss!! He just whiffed right above the bug!

Reginald was just as astounded.

The Whirlipede still chased after Elio, and a second, and then a third Aerial Ace - all misses - weren't enough to get the Whirlipede to stop chasing him.

After a bit more running, Reggie pointed at the Whirlipede once again.
"Emeric, Shadow Ball!"

The shiny Haunter's blue tongue stuck out as his disembodied hands glowed blue with ethereal energy, and a spherical, unstable dark purple and black ball appeared between his hands. Chortling, the Haunter's eyes glowed red and he held the ball in one hand, throwing it at the Whirlipede. It finally smacked it. The Whirlipede skidded to a halt and the yellow eye seemed to glow and train on Reggie.

Not Haunter. Not Shedinja. Reggie.

Oh dear...

The Whirlipede's antennae began to glow purple, and it rushed headlong towards Reggie, whose eyes were wide with panic and unable to move as his legs froze. Munna cooed with worry and her eyes began to glow blue in an attempt to use a Psychic attack, while Emeric and Bob attempted to stop the Whirlipede, but their attacks also missed just barely.

Reggie closed his eyes as it neared him and held up his arms...

Jet Portrait StinkEye.pngThe blond almost froze in his tracks with how stupid Kasey was starting to sound all of a sudden. He wanted to be a bit more genuine regardless, but the bold assumption and setting a line to avoid crossing out of nowhere felt... arbitrary, pointless. "You assume I forced anyone to fight for me?", his eyes narrowed somewhat as he looked over his shoulder at the man, putting both his hands in his pockets quietly after he pushed his glasses up. "I'm happy you don't let the childish fantasy of the professor giving every Pokemon a choice fool you. Some are bred for this specific reason, and we've come to use them as such.", Jet began to rant with a cold look on his face and indifference riddled all over his voice.

"I never forced any Pokemon to fight me. If they wanted to pick a fight, they made their call. I never stopped them from running away, and neither did-", he stopped himself for a moment, softening his expression and looking to the side. Ah shit, he was doing this again. Last he'd started sharing his opinion like this, with the same brutal honesty, he couldn't quite say that the other person had been much too pleasant about disagreeing. Seeing just how much of a musclehead Kasey was, maybe he'd go down the same route and try to throw hands. So the man adjusted his coat somewhat, trying to think of a way to get his point across without sounding so... cruel. He hummed and fixed his clothes, looking up at the almost clear sky silently. "... So much for trying."

Maybe... Here, he was going to approach this more 'casually', from the way he spoke to the entire discussion. "Tell you what, Kasey, how about-", he pinned his gaze on the lavender haired brute before hearing... screams? With the same surprisingly indifferent and relaxed, yet assertive stare, he turned to the side to watch absolute chaos ensue. "... Is that a Pokemon?", he tilted his head just slightly, watching the most stereotypically punk-styled boy he could have expected zipping past them as best as he could, all the while some blond seemed to ask for their help. He hunched his back forwards somewhat, watching Reggie take off and blinking a few times as he attempted to process the... unraveling incident, one may say.

Once a few seconds had passed and he could now be not-too-stunned at it, he took a few steps further into the road to look at Reggie's attempt at stopping the Whirlipede, able to recognize the species of the Pokemon due to a close encounter of his own from back when he was a kid, in Unova. Examining the posh trainer while he took his phone out and sorted through the plentiful songs at hand, he noticed the man was a bit of a walking freakshow. A Psychic and a Ghost type Pokemon, both out and about seemingly from before the chase ensued. "Steel types are immune to Poison, so... it's time."

With his smug grin returning, Jet switched to a more ♪energetic♬ track, putting his phone back in his pants' pocket and reaching for one of the Pokeballs on his belt. "Good timing, too. Sit back, watch carefully, and see if you can learn a thing or two.", Jet almost taunted Kasey as he began taking slow steps towards the blond, who was now targeted by the rampaging Curlipede Pokemon. With a swift move, he threw the Pokeball into the air, causing a pop to sound as from a red light, emerged his Pawniard, looking back at his trainer perfectly ready. "Go stop that Whirlipede, Pawniard.", he ordered plainly, watching the foot tall creature begin a sprint towards the two to stop the incoming collision. And god, was his heart racing. The smirk on his face wasn't even out of attitude anymore, he felt too excited, too nervous... This was his time to shine and see just how far he had come by saving these two on his own, after all... right?

Interactions: Paperface Paperface (Kasey) , Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Reggie)
Mentions: smolfluffball smolfluffball (Elio)

Last edited:
Listening to the mad blond's response made Kasey reconsider whether he had been right in his assumptions. It really was starting to seem that annoying to death was a possible outcome of this interaction. Well, at least not his own death. Rather, the death of someone blonder than he was. An exaggeration, of course. He stifled a retort and moved his hand from his pocket onto his belt. He ran his fingers over the Pokeball containing Snover before clutching the small orb tight within his white-knuckled hand. It seems he was attempting to pass along the strain of enduring this conversation to Snover whilst still inside the ball. Hoping the Pokemon would understand, through some impossible, intangible, emotional link, that this effort was all in an attempt to honor their agreement. Yet, his resolve was faltering. Slowly.

In Kasey's eyes, which were starting to show hints of aggression, there were just so many things incorrect about the rant Jet was spewing forth. The assumption that if Pokemon were bred for battle meant they wanted to battle for example. If you never introduced them to a different life, then it's simply all they know – not necessarily all they love. Adding to that the notion that 'not stopping them from running away' justified fighting them in the first place. If you're encroaching on their territory it would only make sense they'd get defensive and start a fight. A Pokemon defending their home wouldn't flee, but does that give a trainer the right to beat them up? Not at all!

In a way, Jet had to have luck on his side if not sensibility. Had he not stopped himself – even for just a moment – Kasey would have forced an end to the ranting. Using his fist to halt the spouting of nonsense within the next few sentences. In his head, he was already rehearsing what he would say to the blond after knocking his glasses off. Would he justify the physical response by not preventing Jet from running away? Yes, that's it. Since that logic made so much sense to the blond. He internally praised himself for his own cleverness before pondering further. Now he just had to come up with a one-liner to really drive the point home. However, it seemed there was no time to work that one out just yet. This time it wasn't Jet, but screaming that demanded Kasey's attention. Or rather, the attention of anyone that happened to be within earshot of the sharp cries. Surely screaming couldn't be anything good, but his brain appreciated the respite from having to think so hard. After all, screaming meant danger. Danger meant Kasey would rely on instinct and not use any critical thinking to strain his remaining brain cells further.

At least he was used to high-alert situations thanks to his upbringing. However, this couldn't really be compared to the high alert of a regulated sparring match. The scene that played out before himself and Jet plunged a relatively quiet, sunny street into absolute mayhem. A blue-haired boy rushed past while managing to keep a surprisingly fast pace with his staggering run. Probably more adrenaline than anything, since he was being followed closely by a large, whining... wheel in hot pursuit? It was probably a Pokemon, but Kasey didn't recognize it whatsoever, and it didn't seem like there was time to take out his Pokedex for a quick scan of the red blur. In fact, there wasn't a lot of time for considering anything really. Kasey was still trying to process the situation when another person hastily requested assistance while using their own Pokemon to stop the Whirlipede in its tracks. Mentioning that they had to help or people would surely get hurt if they didn't stop that... Wheelipede? That's probably right. It looked like a wheel.

Reggie was right though, they had to act immediately! No more time to consider options – and no time to ask his Pokemon for consent! Snover had already exhausted herself earlier and the boy staggering ahead of the rampaging Pokemon needed help now! There was only one way to get ahead of the Whirlipede and provide some help. Running after the Whirlipede, Kasey reached over his shoulder. He firmly grasped the back of his Slakoth and wrapped his fingers around the furred waist as far as they would reach. Realizing what his trainer was going to attempt, Slakoth naturally protested this approach. The sloth attempted to dig his nails into Kasey's clothing but to no avail. Kasey managed to pull Slakoth loose and suddenly halted while keeping a tight grip for a wind-up position. By first lifting his leg and pulling his arm in a downward motion, he threw his less-than-amused Slakoth like a professionally pitched fastball across the distance between him and the Whirlipede. The sloth cried out in shock from achieving speeds he'd never experienced before in his life as... he whizzed over the Whirlipede. Passing the intended target.

Kasey barely had a moment to put his foot down before becoming a silent, and awkward, witness to his poor aiming. He watched on as Slakoth collided with the blue-haired boy. However, the Pokemon didn't seem to care one bit about whatever it was he'd crashed into. Choosing to immediately cling around Elio's legs for dear life – effectively becoming a living bola by binding the legs to close together. Luckily, it seemed that Reggie had been successful in drawing the Whirlipede's attention with a well-aimed Shadow Ball from his... Bob? Preventing the Slakoth debacle from ending in disaster.

Without the Whirlipede's attention, he could help the boy by recalling Slakoth to his Pokeball! Kasey brought his hand down to the other ball slotted into his belt but got distracted by the familiar 'pop' and flash of another Pokeball. Jet had brought out a Pawniard to... stop the rampaging bug two times bigger than it?! “Have you lost it or something?!” Kasey yelled at the blond, pushing him aside as he rushed after the Pawniard. Reaching its position with just enough time to brace himself in front of both the Pawniard and Reggie before the Whirlipede crashed into him. The force of the impact pushed Kasey back a few feet before his foot found a grip on the pavement. He then used the streak of luck to grip the sides of the spinning Pokemon wherever he could find a hold. Trying desperately to keep it rotating in place. “Somebody better do something! NOW!” He yelled out between sharp breaths. This wasn't good. He could feel the spikes of this bug ripping through his clothes – cutting into his chest and burning his skin somehow. His hands felt like they were on fire from the friction caused by trying to grind this bug to a halt.

- - - - - - - - - -
Interactions: Gary Sue Gary Sue
Mentions: smolfluffball smolfluffball Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Flynn Cook
Pythiana, Santoris

"Eh?"

Flynn was just about to head deeper into the sandy beach when he suddenly felt a light tap on his shoulder. After having just scammed that old man, and now having the geezer's wristwatch in his pocket, Flynn's first thought was that someone had caught him. Perhaps the 20-year-old was still a bit tense because he was about ready to turn around and swing at the one potentially after him. If it wasn't for the well-mannered, feminine voice he heard soon after the tap, he might've done it. Thankfully, Flynn didn't seem to think this person was a threat any longer, but he had to reevaluate his choice after hearing her question.

"The Roaring Ursarings you say?"

Turning around, Flynn met the emerald green eyes of the person who questioned him. Taking a brief look at her figure, Flynn felt like he recognized her from somewhere but just couldn't put his finger on it. At first glance, she seemed like a modest young woman about his age, but looks could be deceiving. He knew that very well. The Roaring Ursarings called themselves a 'club'. However, that's what most motorcycle gangs called themselves as well in order to maintain the illusion that they're just a regular old club. Besides seeing dozens of the Ursarings take to the streets briefly before being chased off by the local authorities, he'd gotten some insight into their other group practices from some disheveled onlookers that happened to be nearby. In particular, he learned about their little drug business. They were a small-time group in a world-famous tourist area, so it wasn't too big. Just the usual drug selling, running, and some manufacturing. Shrooms, Oddish leaves, candies, and all that. For anyone looking to have more than just a good time, the Ursarings were probably one of the only places to go. If anyone asked, they were just another motorcycle club. Flynn suspected that's what the black-haired woman in front of him thought as well.

"Hard to picture a woman like you being involved with those punks, but if you're actually serious, I might have an idea what bar they might be at. Seems like you don't know much about them though, so if you're just looking for a group to ride your bike with, I'd suggest not going to the Ursarings."

Figuring that she would probably get someone else to give her the directions if he just declined her, Flynn decided to just give the woman some minor knowledge to dissuade her. Unless she just happened to be some veteran trainer who had participated in the league challenge, then she would probably be in danger if she went alone. Fortunately for her, it wasn't in his nature to let a lady naively walk into that type of danger.
Code by Serobliss

Interactions: Reina Hecotoro Hecotoro

MkzEObN.png

Interactions:
Nakano - Merciless Medic Merciless Medic
Kasey - Paperface Paperface

QufJFgP.png

Sniff sniff.

Lycanroc brushed up on Ezian's leg as it finished up its food rather quickly, its nose held in the air a bit and its ears wiggled unnaturally back and forth. It was clear that something was stirring up somewhere nearby, Pokemon often had a better sense of danger than humans do. Ezian put down his third cup of coffee that he had tacked onto his order and scratched the Pokemon behind its ear, as he initially just thought his partner was acting up after a meal. Lycanroc shook its pebbled filled mane quickly and pointed towards a direction in the distance, Ezian stopped and looked up in the same direction.

"What is it boy?" He asked as Lycanroc leaped upon his lap, standing up and pointing its nose in towards a certain part of the street. Ezian's eyebrows furrowed up, he knows that his Pokemon acts like this when they can hear or sense something unusual going on. He sighed and stood up, much to the ecstatic reaction of his Pokemon as the large wolf-like creature wagged its tail quickly like a newly hatched puppy.

"I apologize, Miss Nakano, but he is trained to identify unusual events, and I must comply out of my duty."
A somewhat tired sounding apology came out of the man towards his short-met travel companion, there is truly no rest for the weary. "Please put it on my tab or contact my financial assistant with the receipt..." Ezian muttered half heartedly as he pulled out a business card looking piece of paper from the folder that held his badge, setting it right beside Nakano's plate. Looking around the area he then placed one foot on the fence of the cafe's patio, and jumped over it casually into the lush forest below like it was as normal as taking the front door. Lycanroc growled underneath its breath and followed suit.

"Why is every roof in this region so round!"

As he tumbled down a balcony and barely managed to grab on to a window ledge on the third floor, Ezian frustrated shouted while he slid down the wall with a roll on landing. His Pokemon was following him, Lycanroc did much better with the rounded roofs. As much as Ezian trains and practices, humans just can't match up to Pokemon physically.

"Ru-Ruc-" His Pokemon barked at the street ahead, Ezian turned his attention while annoyingly dusting off some white paint powder off of his jacket. "Is it up ahead- Okay I see it now." His questions was cut off as the commotion in question came into view, it was a man trying to wrestle a Whirlipede that looked clearly wild, judging by its size and unstoppable rampage.

"What is he thinking? Touching a wild poison type like that-Tsk."

Lycanroc has jumped down from the roof in a much more elegant fashion now, eyeing the Whirlipede in the distance with a deep scrowl coming from its throat. The two dashed forward together a bit to get closer to the scene, Ezian planned to attack the wild Pokemon directly with stone edge, however there was literally a person hanging off of it as well as several other people around. That was too much of a risk to the people around, and especially the one on the Whirlipede. Where these people all trying to stop it with their bare hands? Did they really think that was the best plan? Of course, there was no time to second guess or think too much about it. A person can't keep on holding onto a spinning Whirlipede, they'll either succumb to poison or lose a few inches of flesh from the friction, whichever one comes first.

"Accelrock-" Ezian ordered his Pokemon to attack. There was no time to waste, serious injuries could entail if nothing is to be done. There was nothing else faster than Lycanroc's accelrock when it comes to dealing with a problematic bug Pokemon, a pin point solution that wouldn't cause much collateral damage either.

The canine Pokemon dashed at the spinning bug while its mane glowed with a spiral of energy emitted by the mineral chunks within, in a second the four legged creature almost because a blitz of light as it hurled itself forwards at a pace too fast for the eye to catch. The bright orange glow grazed the Whirlipede, hitting it at an angle as it tried its best to avoid the human in the equation, dislodging the round bug Pokemon from his arms.

As Ezian caught up to his Pokemon a few seconds later he saw the person that was holding the Whirlipede, it was a purple haired young man who already looked injured. Did he do this type of thing constantly? Ezian grabbed the young man by his hoodie's collar. "What did you think you were doing? That was insanely dangerous, did you assume that someone was going to help you? What if no one did? And where are your Pokemon? Do you even have-"

"Right."
Taking a deep breath Ezian remembered that the problem isn't over yet as his Pokemon's growls at the Whirlipede gave him a reminder. It still haven't calmed down yet and is spinning while chasing his Lycanroc around, before turning its attention back to the humans on the scene. "Anyone's Pokemon have ice type moves? Psychic? Paralysis?" I hope this doesn't get too messy. Ezian thought as he prepared to battle.

A woman like her? Reina was a bit confused by the remark, did she not look athletic enough to join a biking club? She looked down at her body, she was still wearing her swimsuit and she knew she was in great shape, so why would he assume such a thing? She looked back up at Flynn, missing part of what he had said and just caught the part where he mentioned she shouldn't join the club. Outrageous! How dare did he suggest she wasn't good enough to ride with the Wild Ursarings?!

"Well I think I have what it takes." Reina responded with an offended tone. "I'll be on my way now, thank you."

Despite being offended, she still felt the need to be respectful. She looked towards the street she had been directed to earlier and began walking that way. She tried to shake off the insult, never had she been looked down on like that. The only person who could possible say something like that would be her wrestling master, but even he didn't scoop that low. Instead of focusing on the negative comments though, she decided to focus on the one issue with joining a biking club, she didn't have a bicycle.

She stopped rubbed the temples of her forehead and considered asking the Flynn guy if he knew where she could get a bike. She could also go back to the bartender, he was a lot nicer. Then again, he was busy with customers and it was rude for her to expect him to fix all her problems. Reina swallowed her pride and turned around to face Flynn.

"Sorry, one more question, where can I get a bicycle?"

Nakano Saito1657157743809.png

Interactions: Ezian ( Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes ), William via text message ( Key of Stars Key of Stars ), Annette via message ( HerculePyro HerculePyro )
Mentions: N/A
Nakano's Pokemon:
Nakano Chu OG.png Chu the Pichu
Nakano Fluffy OG.png Fluffy the Flareon
Nakano Aero OG.png Aero the Aerodactyl
Nakano Arrow OG.png Arrow the Barraskewda
Nakano Douggie OG.png Douggie the Dugtrio
Nakano Hattie OG.png Hattie the Hatterene

Naka, who had finished her food and was drinking her second latte and assessed that no new people would arrive on the patio, was just about to throw out the rest of her Pokemon for their own food when she saw Ezian's Lycanroc acting up. She watched with a furrow of her brow as Amour tried to get Ezian to follow him, looking off in the distance. Pichu, after seeing Amour's vested interest, looked towards the area and her ears twitched. Even Flareon seemed to be looking off in the same direction. The air around Fluffy began to get warm.

Her eyes darted to Ezian as Amour hopped on his lap and then got off. The interpol agent apologized, explained, and muttered about putting their food on his tab. He even gave her a business card. Better not show William, whenever she found him. Surely, he wasn't in Santoris, right?

... She should text him, see how he's doing.

But first, she watched as Ezian ran and jumped over the railing and into the forest. She chuckled, shaking her head as she looked to her four other PokeBalls.
"Strange man. Still, I'd so do the same."

Chu and Fluffy walked up to her, staring at her from the side of her chair as she looked down at them. They were silent, their muscles tensed. "It's okay. Let's let the interpol agent handle it. I need to relax anyway. Calm my nerves before I go back out there." Her legs instinctively squeezed her backpack between them tighter as she pulled out the other four PokeBalls. Aiming them over the table, the two PokeBalls popped open and there revealed a large dinosaur and a tall blue and pink witch-like Pokemon with hair making up her hat and "dress". Getting up, the researcher turned from her yawning Aerodactyl and stretching Hatterene to look over the fence to see the river running by. She opened up the other two PokeBalls, their forms revealing a long, toothy fish with a propeller tail and three heads peeking out of the ground.

Whistling, Naka pointed to two bowls she made for the two and, with the help of Hatterene's Psychic, the bowls were enveloped in the same blue eerie light as her glowing eyes and they were picked up into the air and then set in front of the two Pokemon off the patio. One other bowl was set in front of the Aerodactyl and the Hatterene shimmied her way over to the table, where she picked up a fork with her appendage-like hair to eat her fruit with.

Chuckling at the differing mannerisms of her Pokemon, what with Hattie eating like a refined woman, Aero and Arrow eating like ravenous beasts, and Douggie picking at her food slowly, Naka decided to work on some things.

Picking up her laptop, she started working on some much needed documents that needed to be finished, as they were quite old and she had been pulled several different directions the past few years. First, was her in-depth report on the Zoroark of Kalos' Route 10, also known as the Winding Woods. Furthermore, how they differ to the Zorua and Zoroark of Unova, which have either gone into hiding, completely migrated away from Unova, have been relocated to Kalos, or have been hunted in that area to extinction. Not only that, but the similarities in pack-hunting, hiding, and general dynamic with the ecosystem they live in Unova (if applicable), Kalos, Hoenn, Alola once she leaves Santoris (which will be her next travel destination, dear Arceus please no), and Galar.

She first looked at her phone and went on her messaging app to see William's contact information. Smiling, she put away the card Ezian gave her in her wallet, pulled out her own card to pay for the bill herself whenever the waiter arrived, and threw a text at Will before she began to work on her much-needed documents that were very late and were put on the backburner for way too long.

"Hey, William Saito! Sorry for the obligatory tease, it's been a while. Was wondering how you were doing. I'll be busy trying to work and possibly relax (shocker, I do that?) today, so I'll likely be available to chat tomorrow. If I don't respond back, it's likely because I got too engrossed in my work, as per my usual lol.

Remember that assignment back in Kalos I was doing before you roped me into that adventure? Well, I completely forgot all about it and now I actually have time to complete it without having to worry about even more important research and blood-pressure-raising due dates dropping in my lap. Oh... And uh... Nearly got my shit stolen today. Um... Yeah, that was fun, but I got it taken care of (and accidentally broke a guy's hand probably, whoops, I didn't mean to stomp him that hard ^^;; ).

Anyway, if you don't hear back from me, take care!! : D "

It was then that she realized she had a missing message. Opening it, it was from Annette, asking if she was alright. She slammed her hand in her forehead and sighed. This was a good thirty minutes ago. Feeling like a dumb-dumb, she texted back.

"OH SHIT, sorry, I completely didn't notice the message. Yeah, I'm doing good. Got the guy with Chu's Thunder Wave and I stomped on his hand for stealing my goods but I think I broke it. Hehe, whoops. ^^;; Either way, an interpol agent helped me. Name's Ezian and he's not like the others I'm accustomed to in law enforcement. Sweet guy, but major workaholic and confidence issues, regardless if he's right about them or not. Though, fucker just hopped over the railing for this cafe's patio because his Lycanroc's got Superman senses or something lol and it made me cackle, not gonna lie. Anyway, here's my location, I'll be here for a bit longer and work in this cat cafe until the cats come out. What are you up to?"

As she finished up her message, she sent the address of the Catty Cafe to Annette's phone with her message and relaxed some, easing back to her work.

Last edited:
Flynn Cook
Pythiana, Santoris

For some reason, the black-haired woman sounded offended when she shot back her response at him. It seemed like she might’ve misunderstood what Flynn had said about her not seeming like someone that should be involved with the Roaring Ursarings. Physically, she could probably fit in pretty well. Flynn could tell she was decently built when he first saw her rather fine-toned body. He just didn’t know if she could actually fight or if the body was just for show. However, the Ursarings likely used more than fists to get what they wanted. Pokémon and other more deadly weapons were probably on the table. Whether or not the woman was actually into that shit was the question. A question that it didn't seem like he would be getting an answer to as she respectfully bid Flynn farewell and turned around.

"Alright then. Have fun."

Shrugging, Flynn just watched as she began to walk away. He figured she'd learn one way or another. If she did end up actually being affiliated with the Roaring Ursarings, then he might be in some trouble. Last thing Flynn needed was another gang on his ass here. He just wanted to enjoy his time in Pythiana in peace. If they came after him, he'd just have to leave Pythiana for another island. He would probably be heading to Athenia next since that's where the 24 hour Pokémon Championship was set. In any case, Flynn wanted to find the rest of his team first. Just as Flynn was turning away to go looking, he heard her ask another question.

“Bicycle?" At first, Flynn didn't think much of the question as he just looked at her and took a quick second to recall the location of the closest bicycle shop before giving directions. "Yeah, there’s a place you can rent one. Just go left two blocks down and- wait...” Flynn paused suddenly, almost as if he had just realized what they were actually talking about. She had asked him about a bicycle, but the Roaring Ursaring didn't use bicycles. A soft chuckle escaped his lips. “Oh shit, you really don’t know, do you? The Ursarings don't ride bicycles.”
Code by Serobliss

"Don't ride bicycles?" Reina shot a confused look in the direction of Flynn. "What do you mean by that? It is a bike club, so why wouldn't they ride bicycles?"

For a moment, she felt confident in her statement, it was obvious that a bike club would ride bikes. However, she didn't see any bad intensions in Flynn, nor could she think of any reasons why he would lie about that. But if they didn't ride bikes, then why would the bartender direct her to them?

"I was told at the bar that they rode bikes." She stopped herself for a second, deciding to tell a more complete story to try and unravel any miscommunication that might've happen. "Okay, I was at that bar over there." She pointed towards the small hut with a fancy looking bar filled with customers. "I asked if there were some clubs I could join, you know, like painting, dancing and other activities. The bartender said there was a bike club with the Wild Ursarings. He said that you might know a bit more about that, but now you're telling me they don't use bikes, so what do they use? Skateboards? I always wanted to learn how to use them, I can skate also. But, if they aren't taking people, do you happen to know a good dance club?"

Reina figured if she wasn't going to get into the biking club, she might as well try something else. She was a good dancer, learning a few styles while growing up, nothing fancy, but enough to not be ashamed to dance in public or at a party. She knew the basics of things like salsa, rock n roll and some other styles, just enough to keep up with whoever she danced with. Of course, if they did find a dancing club, her Lombre, Chente, would be joining her, as he was the dancing expert in her team.

Matthew's eye twitched ever so slightly at the 'moron' mistake. People use to call him that when he was younger, and during his time with the B.B. It struck a slight nerve. "It's Maroon actually, it's a shade of red, but darker... It looks like wine red but not cause it's slightly darker- but anyways" Matthew threw the pills in his mouth and took a quick swig of the water bottle... he took another swig as he failed to swallow the pills the first time.

He shook his head as his body felt the cold tingles of the refreshing drink. "But yes, I am from Galar, was born and raised there! I-I did some things..." He wasn't being very specific, his world was still a bit of a crumpled mess currently, and is still trying to attempt to relax with poor results so far. He'd just rather skip the whole hassle of explaining what he did, just so he wouldn't get recognized.

Of course, he continues to talk without thinking. "Nothing Illegal of course-Not that me saying that Implied that I am doing something illegal, cause I'm not-I'm no liar." And the hole begins to deepen. He could attempt to stop... but he's not. "It's not like I'm trying to admit any guilt or nothing you know? Cause I'm a swell guy, that did some things with his life, I have some regrets, nothing related to the illegal activity that I'm not doing! Like, I'm just here on a tourist island that's traffics a whole bunch of people that could probably be profitable if you're selling something like drugs, but I'm not doing that again cause that's illegal, and like I said I don't do legal-illegal stuff and drugs are bad. Except for the drugs that you gave me because those are legal and not illegal like I'm not...not" He began to count on his fingers "Not doing? Yeah-yeah I'm not doing anything illegal right? Yeah right!"

Matthew finished, with a huge, awkward smile on his face. He began to lean on something, only realizing that there was nothing there, he caught himself and tried to compose himself even more. Hitmonlee just stood there, eyes pretty wide just staring at Matthew in disbelief. The Pokemon literally took his hands and slowly rested them on his face.

"So my favorite color is orange what about you!?" Matthew said, trying to just ignore what just happened.
Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Flynn Cook
Pythiana, Santoris

"Well, they ride bikes, just not bicycles."

Answering her first question, whether it was a rhetorical one or not, Flynn gave her one of the pieces of the puzzle she was missing. The emerald-eyed woman seemed quite confident that the Roaring Ursarings really were a bicycle club. Flynn figured it would probably take a bit more to actually convince her what he was saying was true. Their initial interaction didn't end off in the best of terms, after all. Flynn was wondering who even suggested that the Ursarings were a bicycle club. Unless it was some random tourist, then someone in the area probably knew what type of club the Ursarings really were and had misinformed her. The more Flynn listened to her, that seemed to be the case.

"Seems like that bartender didn't understand you then. They ride motorbikes."

After hearing the rest of what his newfound acquaintance had to say, Flynn just told her the truth straight up. He could guess the human bartender at the bar she pointed too was a bit confused by her question, and rightfully so. They were on Pythiana Island, in the midst of a festival, where the only clubs most people who wanted to have a good time went to were nightclubs. There was certainly a lot of dancing there. If she was looking for a club to dance at, then a nightclub might be what she wanted. Although, Flynn didn't exactly think that's what she was looking for due to her mention of art clubs and shit. Something told him the woman didn't know exactly what she was looking for herself, which was why he was now trying to help her figure it out.

"And I mean, they would probably still take you, but not to just ride a bike or skateboard. You looking for a club where people organize dance activities in a group, though, or something like a night club?"
Code by Serobliss

"Night club?" Reina looked up at the sky, it was definitely a while before night. "Probably something that opens up sooner. To be honest, got a little tired of just napping under the sun. I already went for a swim and I tried the famous walk on the beach, but the sand is pretty hot, I don't know why people in movies do it so often."

She felt the Pokeball of Maya, her Dragonite, wiggle a bit. She knew what the dragon wanted, but the idea of taking vacations was to avoid battling, while Maya seemed to think that vacations included battling. Deciding to ignore her Pokemon, Reina decided to try and figure out what she could actually do in that moment.

"Any suggestions as to what can be done now? Besides sitting around and drinking Dratinis."

Flynn Cook
Pythiana, Santoris

“I’m always down for another Dratini, but if you’re looking to do something a bit more engaging…”

Flynn momentarily paused as he seemed to have thought of something that would appeal to the woman. From what Flynn had just heard, she had already done most of the activities a tourist would do when coming to relax at a beach. She had gotten a nice rest while napping in the searing heat of the sun, cooled herself off by taking a soak in the soothing waters of the Pythiana beach, and finally attempted to take a walk across its scorching sands. That journey would probably have been easier with sandals, but he hadn’t seen her feet, which left a remark about footwear unsaid. As long as she could still walk on concrete though, then his suggestion should be a good idea.

“There’s the contest hall in Oceanblue City. I'm sure you've heard of that. It's one of the biggest contest halls in the world, and its especially popular right now with coordinators from all over pulling up. Unless you wanna play some beach ball or enter one of those trashy beach battles over here..."

Gesturing towards a Pokémon battle further down the beach, she should be able to see a Magikarp having a closely contested battle with a Kakuna near the water. Both of the kids were screeching at each other and their Pokémon. The Magikarp just flailed around with its trainer expecting Splash to do something to the Kakuna that just continued to Harden. In another nearby battle, a Milotic took out a little Litleo in one water attack followed by its trainer celebrating like she had just won a gym battle. It was perhaps entertaining for many of the people watching, but Flynn didn't seem too amused as he finished his suggestion.

"We could go there together. I was just boutta head over there after I found where my Pokémon ran off to, so I wouldn't mind."
Code by Serobliss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back