• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon Destinies

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
CODE BY SEROBLISS
Claire Bellerose
LOCATION: Delphia, Seascape Hotel WITH: Dilan Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
Claire hadn’t expected the situation to be resolved so easily! She even felt a little guilty for suspecting the other of being some kind of crazed maniac terrorizing the city. He wasn’t anything like that– at least, his apology seemed sincere.

“Hey, it’s okay. Honest mistake.” She smiled gently, her head tilted to try and get a better look at the flustered trainer but he seemed intent to hide behind his hands. Not one to be deferred, Claire reached over and patted him on the shoulder in what she hoped was a friendly gesture.

“I’m guessing you’re not from around here, are you? Neither am I! I was actually headed to the hotel over there. By the way, were you trying to catch the taxi earlier?” She glanced into the vehicle in question and noticed the driver shaking his head in desperation. Ignoring the man’s silent plea, Claire returned her gaze toward the other boy. “I don’t mind sharing the ride with you and your pokemon. If that’s okay?”

She could practically hear the taxi driver slap his forehead.

Matthew felt his entire arm freeze in the air, he was surprisingly calm for a few moments. Not because the pain went away that was very much there, but his brain was trying to process why his arm just suddenly stopped working. Then the calmness faded, "What? What!? WHAT!?!?" He was naturally freaking out, his day was basically ruined, and now if his arm just stop working that would be the cherry on top of this freezer burnt sundae. His head quickly turned to his arm to see it floating in midair, a psychic aura radiating around his arm. "Whaaaaaaaat???" His anxiety about the situation seemingly melted away with extreme curiosity. Did he gain super power!?... His eyes finally drifted toward Cassidy Jones and his pokemon, he finally put the pieces together and died a little inside... Hitmonlee observed the psychic energy, he began to tense up, noticing the Kirlia and especially the Mimikyu glaring at Matthew, which left him a bit on edge, and noticeably tenser, understandably so; type advantages and protecting his own trainer would do that. Matthew, while not looking at Hitmonlee, could feel his hands beginning the grip on his side. He was guiding Matthew after all. "Hey, it's fine... Mmmm," he told Hitmonlee, groaning a bit due to the pain and finally responding back to Cassidy. "I'm sorry, just a little bit of pain... Mmmm, It turns out getting pelted in with a face with a volleyball by a bloody Machamp... It doesn't feel too good... Killer Migraine..." He massages his face, at this point he's certain he hasn't broken anything. But the pain was still pretty intense. Nevertheless, Matthew tries to redeem a sour first impression the best he can, with potentially varying results. "Name's Matthew Maroon, hey you wouldn't have to have any pain medicine on you?" He asked, rather bluntly, mostly expecting a no, it's not normal for random people to carry medicine on them, especially on a vacation in a resort. Worst case scenario is that he'd just have to travel in the hotel room he was staying in, he at least knew there was some medicine there. But he knew his other Pokemon were still at the beach and he didn't want to get too far away from them for too long, especially Lombre...
Interaction: Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Lombre continued to stare at Elias... His eyes begin to cross for no discernable reason, his body remained completely still like a statue. Yet, upon of hearing Andy mention Lombre's existence, his neck immediately snapped to look directly at him. A loud cracking noise had accompanied Lombre's sudden jerk of the neck. Sounded painful, but Lombre didn't seem to react to it negatively... If at all. He scanned Andy, his eyes focusing on his bag, which didn't seem to interest Lombre in the slightest, or it could have interested him, with him you can never tell. Once he heard Elias talking to him again, he slowly turned around, and upon being offered berries, he once again became stoic; staring directly at the handful of berries. Then, like a lightning strike, Lombre grabs Elias's wrist with the force of an angry dad who is dragging their child out of a supermarket because they're throwing a tantrum for not getting a box of Honey Nut Combee's. He slowly drugged the hand to his face, and without a moment of thought, chomped down on the hand. After was seemed like an eternity, Lombre slowly removed the hand from its slobbery mouth. The hand was perfectly fine, minus the slobber. But the berries were gone, slowly being chewed by the lillypad-wearing creature. Yet, his dull-cold empty eyes finally seemed to sparkle with life. Did Lombre finally show a semblance of a soul? Or was there a pinap berry hidden in the handful of berries?
Interaction: Betamax120 Betamax120 mdebourg mdebourg usagi froggy usagi froggy

Annette face.png
Annette - Delphia with: Kira Crimson Rose Crimson Rose
Annette slowly wandered the streets of the city. The hustle and bustle of it all didn’t seem to let up at all no matter how far she walked. She perched on a park fence for the moment as she collected her thoughts, lighting a fresh cigarette and taking a long drag as she scanned across the busy streets.
She’d passed a couple of lines for the tournament signups by now but all of them had been going down the street. Annette wasn’t willing to wait in line for that amount of time. She was a busy woman, who wasn’t here for a simple holiday like all these other tourists.

Anxiously she glanced at her watch. She was a busy individual, but if she waited much longer to get in line signups would close before she could make it in the door. There was a point when she had to stop thinking about her pride as a researcher and instead sacrifice her time to reach her goal. Grimacing she stood up off of her perch and started back towards the last line she’d seen, however, as she began to merge back into the crowd she felt a heavy thump as someone practically fell into her side, jabbing their elbow into Annette's ribs.

Annette let out a painful grunt, the cigarette falling out of her mouth. To make matters worse the perpetrator, a shorter girl cuddling a Mareep to her chest, let out an angry,
“WATCH IT”.

Eyes narrowing, Annette grabbed the girl's shoulder to secure herself, bending down so that her eyes were level with the girl.
“What do you think you’re doing,” Annette seethed through her teeth, her breath reeking of cigarette smoke.

“This is a busy enough walkway, right next to a busy road. And you’re fumbling about trying to coddle a pokemon in the middle of it all?” Annette continued, hand still gripping the girl's shoulder.

“If you wanna play like a little kid, go to a park. Otherwise, put your pokemon away... or are you one of those trainers who thinks their pokemon needs to stay out no matter how it affects the rest of the people around them?” Annette asked, standing back up to her full height, now looking down on her with a cold gaze.

Ordinarily, she would have just brushed off an incident like this as being due to the heavy crowd. But the girl snapping as if it had been Annette's own fault had flicked a switch in Annette's head. As she waited for the girl's response she pulled out a new cigarette, eyes wandering down to the expensive tube of tobacco that slowly sizzled on the pavement. However, her eyes were drawn to something lying next to it. A small sheet of paper, a flyer.
Bending down again she picked the flyer up off the ground and had a quick read. It was for the battle tournament. And it had a map highlighting all the signup locations, a lot of which Annette hadn’t found yet. Her anticipation of the annoying girl's response was completely gone; Annette turned away from the girl and began walking in the direction of the next signup area, lighting her new cigarette.

Reginald Valerias1654719042273.png
Interactions: Elio ( smolfluffball smolfluffball ), Aria ( temporarybliss temporarybliss ), William ( Key of Stars Key of Stars )
Mentions: N/A
Pokemon:
1654719079414.png Emeric the Shiny Haunter
1654719084198.png Elvira the Munna
1654719089007.png Bob the Shedinja

Wait...

Why did she look familiar?

Reginald wracked his brain for why this young woman looked so familiar. Blonde hair, attire looking like a pop star, crying over a lost Eevee... Of course, the blue-haired man snapped at him about why he couldn't just find a cop for them. Good point. He sounded rather upset and Reginald realized he might have looked suspicious and... they may be more than friends. Or just really good friends, as evident by that nickname. Ria...

The man who appeared before them extended help and introduced himself as William Holton. That sounded vaguely familiar. The business card was sure sleek and he leaned back to catch his job title. Huh, so he wasn't just a cop. Wait...

He traveled in Sinnoh for a time, getting a few badges there. He remembered someone by that name in some newspaper article he read (honestly, who reads newspapers anymore?). This William looked so familiar, he swore he's probably met him somewhere and he didn't even realize it.

But then when William guessed that she missed her Eevee, that this girl had been on television a few times, and her last name was Miss Keller...

The Blooming Rose???

How did he not know her??? He was such a huge fan of her songs!!

Aside from the excitement bubbling within his chest and making him want to dance or hop on the balls of his feet, he noticed William's tone was rather smug, haughty even. If Reggie hadn't heard of him before, he'd have thought he was a little suspicious. However, that (admittedly adorable) Espurr in his bag was also just as familiar. Maybe he was that detective from Sinnoh...

Of course, the blue-haired man didn't seem all too pleased about the detective's sudden arrival and spoke with his friend (or girlfriend) about them. Reggie pursed his lips, slipping out his phone almost dramatically from his pocket as he went onto the Sinnoh's news and looked up William Holton's name.

There he was. A bit of a celebrity when it came to the crime circle. Smiling after having found the evidence, he looked up to watch the sun-kissed man tell a Jangmo-o to go search. As the Jangmo-o left, Reggie's Shedinja came back and stared at William with some interest. Well, there was no way to tell if it was with curiosity or malice as it did nothing but hang there as if it was a glitch in the matrix - not supposed to be there.

As Aria tried to reassure her friend (or boyfriend) about taking help and tried to be stern, Reggie found a good article to stop on and show the blue-haired "kid" not to just assume. Finding a good time to show this crucial piece of evidence, he tapped the man on the shoulder.
"Well, my blue-haired acquaintance, he's made a name in a region for his work. Maybe you should have looked stuff up before you start assuming someone's cred." He showed off the article on his phone with a hand on his hip, grinning from ear to ear as his own voice also sounded quite smug. He then awaited for the tension to move somewhere, whether it escalated or bit its tongue, he didn't mind. After a few moments though, he will put his phone back in his pocket so the guy didn't try to hit it. If he was violently inclined.

Hey, once they save Eevee, he can get an autograph, could he? He'd rather not ask right now. That was not only insensitive, but the lifeguard will hate him more and distrust him even further. No, he was here to make friends, not make enemies. So, he kept himself eerily silent, to which his Haunter even caught notice and floated over to him, staring at his trainer with some confusion and a furrow of his brow.

William Holton
Suit background.png
Interactions: temporarybliss temporarybliss (Aria) smolfluffball smolfluffball (Elio) Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Reginald)
William laughed heartily, shaking Aria's outstretched hand. "Of course, I'm pleased to see you haven't lost the ability to think rationally." He said with a light smile, glancing over and meeting the blue-haired man's eyes. "Unlike some." He would have told the man to use even the slightest bit of brain capacity, that is, if he possessed any at all, to confirm his identity himself using his phone but the blond man had already done just that. He shot the blond a casual smile and a small nod, changing it into a smug grin the moment he caught the blue-haired man's eyes again. "However, I won't be taking any payment." He said, turning back to Aria. "I'm far from strapped for cash and I was already looking for a way to kill some time, really. Besides, I don't know what I'd do without my trusted partner so I understand how you feel." He said, patting Watson's head much to the pokemon's delight.

"That said," He started, clapping his hands to get everyone's attention. "You should recall the pokemon you sent out to search, I've already solved this mystery." He announced with a grin. "I'll explain as we walk."

"So,"
He started, walking ever so slightly in front of the group across the busy sidewalk. "I'll allow you all a peek into the mind of the great detective, your assistance, if you please, partner." Watson made a happy noise and gave the detective what would have likely been a thumbs up had the pokemon had thumbs. "First things first, Eevee was stolen by one of miss Keller's fans." He stated matter of factly. "A rather hardcore fan at that, I imagine. How do I know you ask? Excellent question." He said, not wanting to wait for one of his three temporary companions to ask the question. "Rather than explain why it has to be a fan, I'll tell you why it can't have been anyone else. First of all, with all the unique pokemon walking around it is near unthinkable any professional or even small-time thief would attempt to steal an Eevee, pokemon thieves are after money and Eevee's simply aren't worth as much as half of the other pokemon walking around here."

"But,"
He held up a hand to stop any potential interruptions. "I know what you're thinking, wouldn't they steal it because it's miss Keller's Eevee? Sure, that would bump up the value considerably, but how do you intend to prove it's actually miss Keller's Eevee? Accessories are easy enough to fake and trying to sell a famous person's pokemon just makes it all the more likely even the idiots at the police will catch on. No, it simply had to be a fan."

"Now then, where do you think our pokemon thief fled to?"
Watson piped up and William smiled. "A rather skillful deduction, though in this particular scenario the airport is not an option." He said, giving Watson a pat on the head. "With the heightened security surrounding the festival there is no way for a thief, especially an amateur, to smuggle a pokemon past security. On top of that, we're talking about a hardcore fan of miss Keller here, there is no way they would leave the region when miss Keller is set to have a concert in the coming days. A hardcore fan wouldn't miss that for the world."

"Still,"
He stopped in front of a building. "Staying on the island you committed the crime on would be plain idiotic. Which brings us here." He somewhat dramatically pointed the building. "The ticket office and waiting hall for the boat to the other islands. Inside you'll find the culprit, I imagine he'll be pretty nervous, having realized the next boat doesn't leave for another fifteen minutes." He concluded, holding up his hand for a high-five with Watson.

"Of course, that's all just conjecture. But you'll discover it to be the truth soon enough. Alright, mister stick in the mud," He snapped his fingers before pointing at the blue-haired man. "You're up. I'll let you be the hero who actually gets miss Keller's Eevee back from the culprit. Don't forget to properly thank me later."

Ezian & Nakano1654977813611.pngNaka2.png

Ezian's Pokemon:
1654977895179.png Amour the Midday Lycanroc
1654977900342.png Ky-Rii the Klinklang
1654977904065.png Woopsies the Wooper

Collab with @Cresion Breezes
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: William

Nakano's Pokemon:
1654977868345.png Chu the Pichu
1654977873161.png Fluffy the Flareon
1654977877402.png Aero the Aerodactyl
1654977881649.png Arrow the Barraskewda
1654977885187.png Douggie the Dugtrio
1654977889715.png Hattie the Hatterene

Was he honestly confused? Did he not comprehend a vacation? Or even a day off? Fun stuff? Who was this person? As far as Nakano knew, he was an alien. He was incredibly weird. Even though Nakano was a workaholic, she still had vacations and days off (even if they were forced upon her by her family or coworkers). Regardless, Nakano had an idea. This dude needed to chill.

“So, I got a plan, since you obviously haven’t not worked a single day in your life. So, I’m taking you to a nice, chill cafe with cute stuff. I saw it on the way to my hotel.” She felt so proud, having remembered something useful for once. Her Pichu was still staring at the Klinklang, and the Flareon sat by Nakano’s heel protectively, glaring at anyone who got too close - human or Pokemon.

“What, huh.” Ezian couldn’t really react properly to this sudden offer, as the person extending it was more or less a total stranger. It wasn’t like others haven’t told him to take a day off, he just never felt like he needed one. Afterall, in this line of work, sometimes a single person or a single day could mean preventing damages to tons and tons of property, or even lives.

“Ma’am, although I don’t have an active assignment, I’m still currently active as an agent of the International Police, I don’t think that would be the most…appropriate? I mean, for me to slack off like that, I have plenty of things that need to be dealt with.” He patted the Klinklang a bit as he replied. It was true that he had a few things to do, a lot of case reports from previous assignments piled up, some longer cases took years to solve and had regular information filed about them. Even the current situation in Santoris, although nothing unusual, would warrant some documents to be filed about them.

Naka sighed and shook her head. “You know, you really do remind me of me when I swear I had something to find out and I’d spend nearly thirty hours trying to complete my assignment before I fell asleep at my table. When’s the last thing you ate?” She recalled the smoothie he was drinking earlier when she had called for him, and she shook her head. “And no, a smoothie doesn’t count as actual food.” Her voice was stern, almost as if she were treating Ezian like a little brother who copied her and refused to take care of himself.

I’m being lectured by someone who broke a petty thief’s hand… It was a sort of surreal feeling, because usually when you tell people you’re with the police, they would leave you alone to do whatever important thing you had on your schedule. Not this time apparently. “I…Uh…I ate on the plane, and look, I’m fine. I have a job to do and I can take care of myself-” Ezian said as he turned around to leave, but then bumped into a nearby street lamp.

“Okay, I’m usually very nimble, this is just jetlag, it’s only jetlag.” He half grumbled to himself and half complained. Lycanroc circled around his feet and tried to nudge its trainer away from another street lamp.

Naka watched with some amusement, yet her eyes held that disbelieving stare. Yeah, he probably did eat on the plane, but that could have been several hours ago. Plus, she didn’t know if he had just eaten peanuts or had a nice seat and got to eat salad and a meal. And the bump into the street lamp did not help him in any way, as Naka was completely realizing he just needed time for himself. Or so she thought, but that was what it seemed like.

“Okay, no, it’s not just jetlag, but that could be a reason.” She caught up to him, walking beside him as she held her hands behind her and tilted her head at him, her Pichu doing the same. “Look, while I did do something kinda messed up earlier and you did help me, I want to make it up to you. You helped me, and I want to help you in return. And if that means taking you somewhere to atone for- well… Hurting someone,” She can only just wonder what her mother would say and she winced. “-And for making you work more than you honestly really need to, I will, especially when it really looks like you need a bit of a de-stressing environment or something to get you your “you” time, even if it is with a stranger. I insist. A gift from me to you for helping me.” While she was stern, her voice didn’t hold the same ridgid tone as earlier and it was gentler. Almost reassuring. Her Flareon walked by her heel, clearly unamused by the entire situation and even puffed out a little ball of fire, his body temperature getting way too hot to be out here.

“Ah…I see, that’s quite generous of you for such a small task. I assume you would be able to handle it yourself even if I were not present, Miss…Nakano, yes?” Ezian took a moment to consider, it wasn’t uncommon for some people to thank the agents and officers that helped them out, but that sort of generosity was often reserved to the bigger cases, reunited a long lost Pokemon with its trainer, or dealing with some life threatening situation, and even some that involved legendary Pokemon. It was strange for someone to thank another so profusely for doing something they didn’t exactly need much help with.

“I suppose so. If you insist. Traveling around the islands is within the scope of my assignment, and clearly I haven’t done much of that yet.” He replied calmly while stroking Lycanroc’s pelt, the Pokemon however, walked away to nudge the equally sleepy looking Klinklang forward.

Succeeding in getting an answer, Nakano smiled wide and pumped her fist a little, her spunkiness coming out as she got more comfortable and less anxious. “Yes, Nakano Saito. You may call me Naka or Sai. Even if you weren’t there, I doubted a local cop would have helped calm me down as quickly as you did, even if it was just luck that your coworker happened to call you.” She blinked a few times and cursed herself mentally. The despising of cops in general she picked up on an old friend of hers and she felt a little bad for pooling them in the same generalization.

Damn you, William.

She quickly got over it and continued. “Well, we can always stop at a cafe for a bit, get some actual food. My Pokemon are kinda hungry and they have either been in PokeBalls for twelve hours or have been out with barely much.” In unison and as if on cue, both her Pichu and her Flareon groaned in exasperation before sharing a mischievous grin at each other. “Then maybe we can stop shop somewhere else.”

“Yes, a cafe, that’s a good place. It’s where I usually write my reports, well, if it’s a quiet one. The festival season in the region is always quite busy though, so I’m not sure about the quiet part.” Ezian sighed a bit as he considered the things he still needed to get done, it’ll be more if anything goes awry in the festival…it’s better to not jynx anything.

“Ky, is Rii waking up yet?” He turned his head and called out to the Lycanroc currently working on the Klinklang’s speed EVs, which is clearly not working. Ezian sighed again and pulled out the gear Pokemon’s Pokeball from his belt holster and recalled it back. The smaller gear whirled around a few times as if in protest. “I know I know, but if Rii doesn’t want to move you know we can’t move him.” A bit of a resignation from both the trainer, the other Pokemon, and the other part of the same Pokemon.

“Speaking of that, I have a Pokemon that’s been in there for a while too, but don’t worry, it’ll come out on its own when it wakes up.” Ezian patted the last Pokeball on his belt, it was in a different PokeBall, a green striped one.

Nakano looked at the Nest Ball curiously while her two other Pokemon watched the Klinklang and Lycanroc for the moment until the Klinklang was returned. Though, the Steel-Type was curious to Nakano. At least Ezian was okay with going to a cafe. Smiling, she walked beside Ezian to get to this cafe she was leading him towards. “Well, let’s see if my intuition is correct. I got four other Pokemon too, and one needs water. Hopefully, the cafe has a pond or something I can put my Barraskewda in.” She mused to herself before cutting to something else. “Though, I do find it interesting. I haven’t encountered anybody who gave two separate names for any of their Klink or their evolutions. The only other time I saw this naming scheme was when my brother named his Dodrio three separate names. I’ve also never seen a Klinklang with such differing personalities. They usually share a core personality with each other, but they are just as different as they come.” She was rambling and excited now, passion oozing from her voice. “It must be kind of difficult to get along sometimes. Is that true and have you done anything different for them, or is there something else I’m not seeing?” The excitement that would have made her glow if she were a Pokemon held a twinkle in her eyes. Even her hands were clasped together just above her chest.

“I…I caught Ky-Rii when I was much younger, I just started as a…’trainer’ back then, if you could call me a trainer.” Ezian thought back to his ‘trainer’ days, although calling him that might be generous as he didn’t get a single gym badge before resigning to a life of office work in Wyndon, smashing rocks and fighting Roggenrola for months on ends in the Bridge Field probably didn’t constitute as being a trainer. At least the more respectable trainers probably wouldn’t want to be associated with him.

“It happened when they evolved the first time, I think Rii never got used to being bigger, and when they evolved again it just got more severe.” Recalling what happened to his Klinklang, Ezian seemed a bit lost in thought. “I didn’t really know much about Pokemon research or training or anything like that, so all I could do was help them get used to each other. I don’t think Ky-Rii ever wanted to evolve, but it did both times to help me.” Bright blue eyes seem to have lost some of their saturation as Ezian explained the situation, one he didn’t know much about either. “Ah…It must seem awfully uneventful to you, I’m no academic or trainer after all.”

As Nakano listened, she realized this might have not been something to be excited about. Ezian seemed… Actually concerned about the mental health of his Pokemon or maybe it was something else brewing inside. However, she had an idea of what could have possibly happened. It was a theory, but her theories usually landed directly on the head of the nail or close to it. She watched the look on his face, and realized the reason for not only why Rii acts the way they do, but also in Ezian’s last statement a possible reason why he looked so distant. She quickly shook her head, dodging out of the way of a lamppost as her Flareon chirped up at her in warning.

“No, no, it’s okay. I don’t mind it if you’re neither of those things. You don’t have to be those things, not everyone has to. Sometimes, it’s not a life befitting for everyone. You don’t have to know everything either, it’s something I have to constantly remind myself. Even with my vast knowledge on Pokemon as a whole, I’m absolutely afraid of not knowing everything or what to do. But!” She had a triumphant smile, her eyes alight with fire. “Fret not, I have an idea as to why Ky-Rii, or at least Rii, reacts the way they do. Although, I am not sure how to help, as most of my research goes to figuring out the steps that lead to a thing and the reasonings behind it, not steps to take forward. Noooot exactly there yet.” She chuckled somewhat sheepishly before continuing, her Pichu shoulder hopping to Ezian and resting there as she felt like he needed it. “So, what I’ve noticed is that there is a ‘time’ for when a Pokemon evolves. Stressors can cause Pokemon to evolve and evolution doesn’t always cause the Pokemon to change mentally, although it should due to all the biological happenings. However, those with separate minds find that it is more common to have differing personalities. Your Pokemon is a bit of a special case.” Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself, as she realized she was speaking a little quick.

“Both times, Ky-Rii evolved earlier than they should have, causing the massive split in personality. While I applaud Ky-Rii’s efforts to save you in your time of need, it’s caused some mental issues I sometimes see in humans. I’m not a doctor. Fortunately, your efforts in trying to get them used to each other is helping. So, good on you there. I don’t know if it’ll take time or training and experience in fights to get them to where they need to be emotionally. Pokemon, like humans, tend to experience ‘eureka’ moments in bonding specifically while amidst a fight or doing something productive that requires teamwork. While they don’t need it specifically to bond well, it might help mellow out Rii and give Ky the energy they need. However, that’s a theory, and I don’t know if it’ll work, but I know it won’t work overnight if it actually has some legitimacy in what I’m saying.” She realized she had rambled - to a non-researcher and non-trainer - almost nonsensically and she chuckled sheepishly again. “Ah, sorry, my ramblings. Hope you understand that and helped? Maybe?” She questioned, the juxtaposition between her passionate relaying of information and her almost anxious question was a stark contrast.

Being jetlagged, having not slept in more than 24 hours, and a ramble on one of his biggest problems in life by a person he just met probably wasn’t the best combination. Ezian rubbed his temples a bit. “...It’s been many years since they evolved, it was that incident that led me to joining the Interpol. I no longer need my Pokemon to evolve for my sake, at least I don’t want to be that type of person. That’s not training, that’s just holding the Pokemon that cares about you hostage.” Ezian sighed again, being sleep deprived really brought out the different memories in a slightly hazy way, and most of his memories are probably pretty awful when they come back. “Ky-Rii has been like this for many years, although they do seem to conflict sometimes, they’re good partners. Reliable, always by my side.” It’s hard to maintain good mental health, always being by my side. Ezian thought quietly.

“I don’t want to put them through anything, what’s already happening is enough. If Rii prefers to act like that, then it’s fine.” It wasn’t a happy topic for Ezian, he was an awful trainer since his youth, he never really got the idea of Pokemon battling, he preferred to be actually alongside his Pokemon if they had to do any fighting, and only wanted battle if there was something worth battling for. “I’m the one constantly bringing them into danger, I’m lucky they still want to stay with me.”

Nakano put the reins on her rambling, and only focusing on the details she needed from him. But when he started opening up more, she watched in concern. Brows furrowed, she didn’t realize how much baggage this man had. She was giving information that was a bit too late and she felt quite bad for it. But how he saw about keeping a Pokemon ‘hostage’ was peculiar. Her Flareon looked up at him, confused. Even her Pichu squeaked quietly in concern next to his ear. This was a topic she had to tread carefully and it was starting to bring back horrible memories on her end, as well. Clicking her tongue, she grabbed her Flareon mid-jump and had him lay on her arm while she scratched and pet the cream collar of her Fire-Type.

“I’m… Sorry, Ezian. I shouldn’t have been insensitive. I didn’t mean to make it sound like your Pokemon should change, that’s not what my intention was. My intention was to make it mentally easier for them. I also didn’t realize how long it’s been. It might be a bit late for that, but my idea could still work. I’m also sorry for bringing up bad memories. Regardless…” She sighed, breath heavy. Flareon’s ears flicked towards her and he began purring. “I understand where you’re getting at. I am a magnet for trouble. I know most of the law enforcement in Sinnoh by a first name basis and am friends with a few private detectives and investigators over there. While my Pokemon are rightly annoyed, they care more than enough to help. I can tell your Lycanroc adores you and wishes you well, and your Klinklang listens to you really well despite their differing personalities. But while Pokemon evolve for their trainer’s sakes, against their wishes or not, that’s not being a horrible person or trainer. And some need to fight, need that adrenaline rush so they know, like Fluffy here, that their party members and trainer are okay when something bad happens. Gives some ease of mind relatively speaking, too. However, I am not naive.”

She fought back emotion, trying to be stoic and yet failing slightly as her eyes got wet, her voice still quiet and reverent. “I don’t want to put my Pokemon through anything either, but I know I can count on them. I used to wrestle with my dad’s Pokemon sometimes, so I could wrestle and fend off wild Pokemon or the trained ones if I ever got into trouble and my Pokemon couldn’t do it themselves. But in doing so, I’ve retained several life-threatening injuries that could have ended horribly if I didn’t have my Pokemon there. I’ve seen… A lot...” She shakily sighed and shook her head. “But I don’t let that stop me and my Pokemon. No matter what I’ve witnessed, I don’t let that scare me, and I know you can be strong for yours, too. Being an agent of Interpol is terrifying sometimes, so I get it. I’ve heard of some things. Though, you’re tired, so this conversation isn’t helping any with your emotional state. Heh, sorry about that.” At that, she grinned sheepishly. “We should be almost here. Hopefully, the environment of the place will help ease you, if not make you question why I brought you there.” She chuckled, finding it almost ironic in dragging an agent to an aesthetically adorable place.

Ezian blinked a few times, this Nakano girl was quite a talkative one. He wasn’t exactly the silent type, but when certain topics came up it was hard to muster up anything to say. There are things that make his entire body freeze up just by thinking about them, that was the nature of his work, it couldn’t be helped. Just don’t think about it. Ezian remembers one of his seniors dragging him out of an assignment site and basically slapping him awake, just don’t think about it became his motto since that day, it was the day that he graduated from being a rookie. He took up a lot more work since then, it was a good way to distract himself.

“O-Oh. Interesting. I assume you’re familiar with the location?” It was sort of strange to bring a stranger that helped you with a random thing on the street to a cutesy cafe, even as a thank you gesture. The girl in front of him didn’t seem like the type who is obsessed with cute things either, or perhaps that’s just a hidden side of her. Ezian tilted his head and looked at the venue. “It’s certainly an…interesting choice.”
As the two walked up to the building, the first thing that they would notice was how busy it was. While it had a fair amount of people and Pokemon enjoying the cafe, it seemed like there weren't as many as there should be. Getting closer, there was a poster against a window that read: “We are sorry for the inconvenience, but the feline Pokemon need to be tended to. However, we are still open to serve any customers!”

“Huh, I guess they won’t have any cat Pokemon for us to cuddle.” Which helped, considering the line wasn’t too long. Inside the mahogany double doors with large windows, the place opened up to a spacious room with booths against the walls, shelves on the walls staggered for the cats, a hallway that leads to bathrooms, the kitchen, and the holding room for the cat Pokemon, and directly to their left was a counter with a small line leading from it. The light grey floor had pastel pink and blue polka dots, the seats of the booths and chairs were a soft green, and there were a variety of feline Pokemon paw prints that were painted along the floor and walls. The structures looked to be made from maple wood, the overall colors of the place led to make the room far bright and agreeable to most eyes. Simple, geometric shapes for the structures, with adorable feline-esque items decorating the place.

A quarter of the way through the hallway, there sat a door that led to a wooden patio with more chairs and tables. There were a few people out there, but most were seated within the booths. Once it was their turn, Nakano went up to the clerk, who was a young woman with long black hair tied up in a high ponytail. She wore a light grey uniform with green lettering of the Catty Cafe. In a chipper tune, the lady greeted them. “Hello, welcome to Catty Cafe! I’m Penny, how may I help you today?”

“We’d like to find a semi-quiet place to work. What’s the furthest table on the patio?” Penny leaned over the counter and pointed towards a table in the corner portion of the patio. Within thirty feet of the patio border, there was the treeline.

“Right there. If you are unsure of what food you’d want, I can give you your menus, you can sit out there, and I can get you a waiter to take your order.” She explained. Above the girl, there was a board that held the menu, including their specials. Some were feline-themed.

“Uh…right.” Ezian walked into the venue and looked around, he was a bit glad that the feline Pokemon weren’t present in the cafe, seeing that a Lycanroc was following him. Amour was a well trained Pokemon that probably wouldn’t cause much trouble, but Ezian didn’t want his Pokemon to forcefully discipline themselves if it’s not mandatory. “A cat Pokemon cafe, really?” He glanced over at Nakano while scratching Lycanroc on his chin and head, who seemed to be glad that no annoying felines would be within presence today.

The location was nice enough, it seemed comfortable on the patio with the nice festival primed weather and the lush treetops surrounding them. It seemed like a fine place to sit down and get some work done, Ezian was no stranger to cafes, he was almost at them all day during one of his cases about the Kalos Pokemon league, it was a much needed reprise as that case involved almost no actual work. He somewhat hoped that it would be a similar situation in Santoris, seeing that even a stranger can tell he needs a break.

“I’ll just, take a coffee- No, two coffees.” Ezian said as he yawned gently. He stretched and walked towards the patio seat that the uniformed waitress gestured to. Pausing for a moment as he remembered that food was a requirement too, he wasn’t familiar with the cafe or any of its dishes, and reading menus is awfully time consuming. “I’ll just have whatever she has.” Tilting his head to Nakano a bit, Ezian petted his Pokemon again. “Wet Pokemon food for field Pokemon, extra spice please.”

Hearing that, Nakano made a decision to grab something filling. She figured that, since Ezian likely hadn’t eaten much given a busy lifestyle usually meant barely any food, his stomach has likely shrunk so he won’t be able to eat too much. “Let’s see….” She mused, looking up at the menu with a squint as Chu, still on Ezian’s shoulder, squeaked down at Amour in greeting. Fluffy the Flareon sulked by his trainer’s heel, his stomach growling. “Oh, I got it. 2 Waffles with Bluk and Pecha berries. Syrup, too. Oh, and a latte with quite a bit of sugar. And for my Pokemon, 4 bowls of berry medleys. Two sweet, one spicy, and 1 bitter. Then for the other two, how about some of your meats?”

The clerk had written it all down and nodded. “Alright. We’ll get your order ready in a jiffy.” As the clerk sent the order to the kitchen, Naka joined Ezian and smiled.

“Hope you don’t mind a bit of a sweet breakfast. You said whatever I was having, and most of what I eat is sweet.” She chuckled a little. “They shouldn’t make the meal too sweet, though.”

Hearing Nakano’s order Ezian blinked a few times, it took him a while to process what it was. He mindlessly scratched the other’s Pichu on the chin a few times. “Oh, well, that’s okay, I eat basically anything.” The words came out half-heartedly as Ezian watched the Pokemon frolic around in the cafe. He had very little preference when it comes to food and often ate things that most would consider bland or strange. Perhaps it was due to his Galarian origins, he was someone who ate whipped cream fruit curry without a second thought after all.

Backing up slowly to the patio’s seat Ezian plopped down and rubbed his temples a bit, before pulling out a small portable PC from his back holster pack. Click- Click- The sound of distant typing soon came out of the corner of the patio as the young man got back to his work again. “Let’s see…Santoris Region case files…right…” Ezian muttered to himself as the clicking sounds continued.

Nakano found herself a seat next to Ezian. Only reason why she didn’t sit across from him proper was that it would feel like a date, despite the laptop in the way. While she was sitting next to him, it felt more like friends and, honestly, she didn’t want to make others think they were an item. She watched Ezian for a moment, wondering if he was okay. Though, the laptop he brought with made her chuckle. He really is a workaholic. She set her backpack between her feet and pulled out her own laptop, humming a tune as Chu watched in awe of what appeared on the screen. Mainly because this wasn’t her trainer’s screen, but that of someone else’s.

“There any case files here besides a few thefts?” Naka lightly teased him, thinking she wasn’t going to get an answer that denoted to any case file whatsoever. Leaning back in her chair, she let out what sounded like a perturbed sigh as she opened up her laptop. If either of the two were paying attention, they would notice their internet was insanely good. She looked at what she was supposed to be working on today and realized she didn’t have much set up.

She sighed, mumbling to herself. “Right… This is supposed to be a vacation… God damn it, mom.” She shook her head, instead opting to just actually make more work for herself by doing something productive for her research. Like if the local Pokemon in Santoris were any different. No. No, she should just not. She looked incredibly conflicted, only to put away her laptop in her backpack and leaned back further in her chair, her legs crossed and her Flareon sitting on her lap. “How much do you need to get done?” She asked Ezian, sounding both bored and tired.

“Oh, well, it’s mostly older files. This is a peaceful region in general, most crime was imported anyways. That’s an island region for you, better than Alola anyways.” Ezian scrolled down, most of the cases in Santoris were linked to other regions, well, it was the International Police case files, of course it would be mostly those kinds of cases. He shook his head a bit and added, “but that’s my job you know, cross regional cases that can’t be solved by local police of detectives, someone’s got to do it.” He yawned and started making a new listing in the file database.

“Not much for this place, but there’s a lot of leftover work to do. We’re still dealing with the fallout from what happened in Pyrite and it’s been years. Plenty of big cases that whole departments work on.” The incessant clicking sound from the keyboard continued as Ezian filled out the basics in the case file template, filling these weren’t the best experience, because you either know your work might be wasted if nothing happened, or if they ever get totally filled it means something terrible had happened. The sunlight was a bit blinding in the sky, Ezian took out his sunglasses and pushed them up. Noticeably, the WiFi symbol on his computer was missing, it was as if it didn’t use the system at all. “And oh right, you’re not really suppose to look at this, classifications and all. I’ll let it slip this time since I didn’t go through anything important.”

While Naka petted Flareon's head and scratched behind his ears, she listened with rapt attention. Seeing as she had nothing else better to do and, the more she learned of Ezian, the less William could hate him if they met.

Oh, right she should probably tell William she was here.

But she'll do that later. She wanted to relax today as it was rare that she would find the time to. Plus, her Flareon would probably nip at her if she tried working, now that he was on her lap.

She snorted at the comment that Santoris was better than Alola and she nodded. "After hearing about what had happened there, it gave me one more reason not to go." Now that she thought about it, it was quite hot. She needed her shade, and that was her Hatterene. She needed to wait for the food though, she promised. She then realized that Ezian wasn't like the other cops. He did mission statements and reports after it was all said and done, and was even given most of the report work load. Huh. Then, Pyrite. The Orre region.

Naka visibly flinched and shot upright, Flareon cooing and allowing Naka to squeeze and pet his tail. "Yeah… Yeah, I remember Pyrite. I remember Orre in general. I wasn't there, but damn." The idea of Pokemon being forced to hate humans by humans for whatever inane reason didn't sit well with her. However, she kind of forgot she shouldn't be trying to look at his screen and she chuckled nervously. "Ahh-hahah, right right. Yeah, yup. Well, uhm, yeah, I will try not to look. But uhm…" She was reminded of one of the research logs for something classified. While the incident was well known, she didn't think much of anyone who wasn't in the genetics field like she had access. Yeah, she definitely didn't want to look at Ezian's interpol stuff.

However, that still didn't stop her from being cheeky. "And uhhhh… What are these classified docs?" Then in the same beat, she put her hands up and snickered. "I'm joking. I'd rather not have people look at my shit either. Though, now I'm curious. Well, for the stuff that I'm allowed to see." She added quickly, not wanting to make him mad or think she was untrustworthy.

Ezian sighed, he really wasn’t good at dealing with these situations, he didn’t really like sorting out all the cases he’s been involved in mentally. His brain does that on its own too much when it’s unwanted, so he prefers to not do it actively. “Anything you can see is probably handed to the newscaster already, there’s PR people who do that. But that’s not always what gets reported, the media works differently in different regions.” He shrugged a bit as he continued typing, it was difficult to coordinate public information, it was certainly not a job that Ezian could do well. “Usually you won’t know the Interpol is involved unless it’s a big operation, publicity is harmful to a lot of the things we need to do…I suppose that causes a lot of misunderstandings about us out in the world…” Ezian sighed again, there’s always this mysticism surrounding the Interpol, maybe it has to do with how the films from Pokestars are always portraying them. “Well, I don’t know much about what being a Pokemon professor or researcher is like either, so I can’t blame anyone.”

“And there’s plenty of stuff you wouldn’t want to know about even if you’re allowed to know, stuff that’s way too long winded if I were to explain…and of course, stuff that might cause you to end up washed on an unknown beach with amnesia.” There were a bunch of horror stories circling around, Ezian always tried his best to ignore them up until the times where he was forced to witness them, and then he went back to ignoring them. It wasn’t the best cycle, but it was a cycle. His eyelid twitched slightly at Nakano’s mention of what happened in Pyrite, it was a while ago, but it wasn’t an experience Ezian wanted to recall anytime soon. He was a rookie back then, he was ill prepared for a lot of things.

“Huh.” Was all she said on the matter. At least, until she parsed it through. Obviously, the media and the regions took news at different angles. It was always so annoying to see three different news outlets in one region have completely different views on the same thing that happened. The opinion of Interpol from the masses differed from hers greatly, as she found some interest in crime and law and the work of agents and cops in general. She chuckled. “I always thought that Interpol is pretty much an international shadow organization for events that could include terrorism and the like. Or… Well, with what happened in Alola.” Having heard of those portals? Yeah, no, she wasn’t going to Alola anytime unless she was going with someone. Plus, it was just too hot. She then thought about what everyone thought a researcher was like and she shook her head. “Yeah, being a researcher is kind of a… Well, I’ve lived on college food for about six years. Not because I don’t have the money, but because I usually don’t have time. Busy-busy-busy.”

However, the thought of being washed up. She looked at him warily. “Uh… What?” She didn’t really take it as a threat that Ezian would pull off, but it sounded as if Interpol really wanted to keep their cases hidden. “I’m… Concerned how.” She sighed. “My curiosity is just as bad as a Skitty’s.” She deadpanned, clearly trying her hardest not to ask how that happened so as to not bother Ezian with answering it. “Anyway, have you ever tried letting loose? Like… I dunno, not have to feel like you’re always on the job even if you still have to? I sometimes work in pajamas.” She asked, having calmed down now.

Before Ezian was able to speak, a waitress came by to drop off the two cups of coffee and a latte, saying how food will be ready soon and left quickly. The little cups had Skitty running across the length of the cup to chase its own tail. Naka had a little squeal upon seeing it and took a sip. Ahh, sugar.

Ezian took up a cup and gently stirred it with a coffee spoon, he didn’t really understand what’s the difference between a latte and anything else, it was all hot bean water anyway. He chuckled a bit upon hearing about Nakano’s research life, it seemed like no one really got it easy. “You can interpret it like that, and it's true that there are certain cases linked to legendary or unusual Pokemon in one way or another.” Legendary Pokemon sightings were always one of those sublime things, a bit stressful, but that’s what you get for gazing on a higher power.

“No need for concern, it’s our job to make sure that type of thing doesn't happen to ordinary people.” Ezian chuckled again at the other’s misunderstanding, it appears that what he said just moments ago was proven immediately. Upon hearing the next question though, Ezian fell silent a bit. “I…I don’t think I should.” He quietly sipped the cup of coffee again and replied while still looking at the screen. “I’m painfully average, I’m not good at Pokemon training like you or a good investigator, so all I can do is work more to make up for it.” He tilted his head, empty minded looking at the computer’s screen.

Oh, Legendary Pokemon. Naka nearly forgot about those, mainly because she rarely worked on any specimens like those. When Ezian had explained further that it was Interpol’s job that people don’t just get washed ashore with amnesia, she sighed in relief. Oh, so Interpol wouldn’t be doing that. That’s good. She sheepishly chuckled at the realization it wasn’t that bad, though feeling accomplished she got some humorous chuckling from him. But him denying that he shouldn’t relax? He got quiet for a bit. He seemed to be hiding something, and Naka squinted her eyes at him until he explained. She shook her head, chuckling. “No, no, you misunderstood me. I’m talking about not having to be in your uniform all the time. I’m talking about relaxing while you work. Sometimes it helps me stop being so tense all the time. Hell, I’ll even go out on research runs watching some Staravia and Staraptor flock in pajamas… Well, camouflage pajamas, but sleepwear nonetheless.” She chuckled at that, remembering how oddly her coworkers stared at her for it. “I just about got mocked for it from my coworkers, but hey, it was worth it.”

Finally, the food arrived. The Pokemon food was set on one end of the table and given different bowls to differentiate them, and the food for the two humans were set at the middle of the table.

They can eat, finally.

In the moments prior, where he had slotted Snover's ball back into his belt, Kasey had made a nonverbal promise to his frost tree that he would let the madman be. At least for the time being. However, the same could not be said for the Slakoth hanging on his shoulder. Kasey could tell from the increased pressure on his skin, caused by the sloth's nails digging in, that the Pokemon wasn't at all pleased with Jet's mannerisms. The way he addressed Kasey was met with intense disapproval on the sloth's part. Enough so that Kasey felt the need to intervene before things became too ugly, too soon. “Easy there,” he addressed Slakoth quietly in an attempt to calm him down, placing his hand onto the Slakoth's fur and stroking it, “I agree, but we will respect Snover's efforts. We're a team, and she also has a say in how we handle 'problems'. You understand?” Kasey explicitly gestured his extended thumb towards Jet as the word 'problems' left his mouth.

Showing his partner Pokemon that he wasn't blind to the blond's attitude would hopefully be enough to calm Slakoth down. With that hope in mind, Kasey wrapped his fingers around the sloth's arm. Lifting it slightly to reduce the pressure from the digging nails on his shoulder. “Save that strength for training, okay? We'll be fine. You'll see.” With the pressure on his shoulder relieved, Kasey followed along with Jet. Despite the blond madman being another source of pressure he'd rather not experience. The type plaguing his itching hands. Being whistled over like that would normally be a prime cause for throwing fists. Jet likely didn't realize Snover's efforts were the only thing keeping his eyes from turning black and blue. Instead, in a forced effort to keep his promise, Kasey gritted his teeth. Occupying one hand by flexing his aching fingers repeatedly, while the other kept busy typing out a text on his phone. You know if Oak has an assistant? Their a weird blond here. Wants to lead us to the lab. And check this out! Says he hung up the wrong map to test trainers. Add attachment. Send.

Soon enough he would know what Elio thought of this situation, but until then Kasey slipped his phone back into his pocket. Eagerly awaiting the response. With both his hands free and feeling mildly fed up with the ongoing developments, Kasey took to the blond's side and wrapped an arm around the madman's shoulders. He held onto him with a tight grip. “I did! I did come by boat, how'd you know?” he responded with feigned surprise, giving a quick nod in the direction of Jet's neck, “and on my own too! Man, you have no idea how glad I am to have you drag me around places instead of some lost tourist, right?” In the time Kasey put up his surprised tone, dripping with sarcasm, Slakoth reached out with his arm. Nails outstretched. Jet might've been able to feel a hint of the sloth's sharp nails running over his neck. A feeling that disappeared entirely when Kasey released his grip and gave Jet a forceful pat on the back. “So! Let's see where this journey takes us, right? Hopefully, we reach the lab soon. That'd just be great. For both of us.

- - - - - - - - - -
Location: Delphia Island, Pokemon Center -> Delphia Island, Near the Pokemon Center
Interactions: Gary Sue Gary Sue
Mentions: -

Cassidy Jones​

Twitter.jpeg

Cassidy casually watched as the guy went through many different emotions as Luna used psychic on the guy’s arm. “You can let him go Luna” He said to Kirlia who nodded once she saw her trainer out of danger. With that out of the way, he turned to look at the Hitmonlee that looked like he wasn't sure on what to do. Cassidy almost wanted to leave but stopped when he heard the guy start talking, Soooo something happened to the guy, hmmm. He honestly didn’t care, having decided that he was gonna leave. But stopped when he heard the guy ask him if he had some pain medication, which caused his Chansey to come out of her pokeball and rush toward the trainer, looking worried. Yep, that was the one thing he disliked about Bubble, who rushed toward anyone, pokemon or human, and tried to help them out. “Bubbles, give him some space>” He said to Chansey while looking inside his bookbag and trying to find the correct medication, taking out a whole bottle when he found it. Bubbles rushed to Cassidy and took the bottle, running back to the trainer and handing him the medication. “You can have one with water right, it will help alleviate the pain, but if the single pill doesn’t work, take another but don’t take more than 4.” He started explaining to him. “If during the next 12 hours the pain doesn’t go away, go see the nearest doctor.”

Interaction: Sparkstorm1000 Sparkstorm1000

Dilan Taylor​

砂 on Twitter.jpeg

Dilan really felt embarrassed that he felt like hiding in a hole. His attitude right now started to worried Honey, who started tugging his sweater. “It’s alright Honey, i am fine, just felt a little bit embarrassed but thank you for checking on me.” Dilan said as he patted the head of Honey with a smile. So it turned out that he was to blame for the traffic, well more like Chubbs was to blame, but since he was the trainer, he was to blame also. “I’m really sorry about that, I was chasing chubbs, but somehow during the chase, we got tired and fell asleep on a random location, which as you see, was the whole road.” He nervously chuckled to himself as he scratched the back of his head. He made so many people late to whatever place they were heading to, he really felt bad for doing that. Since the taxi was occupied, he started to think on how he could get to the hotel, when suddenly, Daigo, his Metagross came out from the pokeball and started looking at Dilan, who looked nervously at his starter and lifetime partner. “What’s wrong buddy, is something wrong?” He asked while tilting his head to the side. Honestly he has been tilting his head so much, he had to wonder if hde needed to see a chiropractor to check and see if he has some neck problem. “Meta.” Daigo responded, making Dilan nervously laugh again. Oh so Daigo to go on top of him and then they can float all the way to the hotel, that’s smartt. When he was about to accept, but he heard the lady saying that they could share the taxi. “Are you sure?” He said, turning to look at her.​

Interaction: Lunar Bunny Lunar Bunny

ELIO || Location: Outside of the boat house passenger loading area thing || Interactions: Aria temporarybliss temporarybliss , Kasey Paperface Paperface and William Key of Stars Key of Stars || Mentions: Reggie and the weird blond (Jet).
This man just droned on and on and on and on and on, incessantly, and infuriatingly. Elio thought, if he kept saying whatever smug nonsense he was saying, that he might actually snap at him, and he really did not want to snap at anyone.

The first thing was not a problem. Aria gave him a reassuring touch, which was acceptable, since she was his friend and he knew he was just being overly protective of her. He actually didn’t mind that much when she decided to accept this (still fake until proven otherwise) detective’s help to find Eevee. It did make sense to have someone help look for it. Elio could accept that.

The second thing was a problem. The blond-haired lost boy Reggie tapped his shoulder, which was truly not necessary. Whatever article he showed him didn’t really matter, because the shoulder tap and close proximity had been a complete invasion of Elio’s personal space. He did not know Reggie. He did not know why he had been so overly familiar with him. He did not know why the lost boy took on that arrogant tone and acted so smug about a stupid article, when it was not even an article about himself. Was he trying to be annoying? Was he purposefully trying to get under Elio’s skin? If he was, then he had succeeded quite well.

The third thing was the biggest problem. That dig from the (fake) detective that Elio was unable to think rationally, followed by smug grin and smug words and smug clap and smug walk away and smug expectation of everyone to follow, which everyone did, although Elio was the last to trail after them. Honestly, he kind of wanted to punch the (fake) detective in the mug, to make him shut up, or at least stop his incessant conjecture. This pontification and pratting on and on was grating on Elio’s ears and only worked to make him more irritated. It really did not take a genius, contrary to this jerk's personal belief, to figure out that Eevee was taken by a fan. There were so many of them around when Aria got off the plane and the island was swarmed with people, so a crazy fan could have easily blended in and snatched Eevee when Aria wasn’t looking.

The (fake) detective was still speaking, ridiculously, about something, about whatever he thought would be most impressive, probably. Elio stopped paying attention to anything he was saying a long time ago. He raised an eyebrow when the jerk snapped and pointed to him and offered, oh so magnanimously, to let Elio be the hero. Oh, he really deserved to be punched. He truly did. It probably wouldn’t even be the first time this jerk (fake) detective was punched. He had that very easily punchable face and grating voice and aggravating ego.

Elio inhaled softly, then felt something nudge his shin. He glanced down and saw Bells had returned to his side, which made him feel slightly less on edge. He still wanted to give the jerk (fake) detective a good whack but he didn’t want to do that to someone in front of Aria or some other lost boy stranger. He didn’t humor the (fake) detective with a response and moved around him, giving him a wide berth so that he didn’t intrude on the very obviously inflated ego of the dark haired jerk. Bells trotted after him but did not share the same sentiment as her trainer and, without any forewarning, bit the shin of the (fake) detective that was the obvious culprit for Elio’s foul mood. She released him quickly and bolted after Elio, who didn’t even notice her arrival to his side once more.

He slipped into the ferry hall and quickly found a space on the wall to lean against. He inhaled softly, again, then let it out slowly, to collect himself and calm down. Bells sat at his feet and watched the bustling people curiously. After a couple more breaths, Elio heard his phone go off again. He pulled it out and looked at the messages from Kasey, then smiled gently at the typo, then felt his smile fall when he saw the most recent message Kasey sent him. He squinted at his screen and clicked the picture of the map. Oh. No. No. No way. That was Santoris. There was no way that could be Santoris. Kasey was not supposed to be in Santoris.

No, but everything else. The lighthouse in the background of the first picture. The fact that the harbor was so big. The Pokemon Center. The map. There was no way Kasey could be in Santoris, but it really kind of seemed like he might actually be. A Pokemon Center would not have a wrong map on the wall, even if it was hung there by a random assistant of a professor. Last Elio checked, too, Professor Oak did not have assistants, but aide’s. Rowan was the one with assistants.

Arceus, he felt so light-headed and dizzy. Kasey couldn’t be in Santoris, but if he was in Santoris and involved with some sketchy person, maybe some Team Eclipse member, then he needed to be made aware of that. Kasey, okay, hold on. Don’t follow a stranger if you don’t know where you’re actually at. That’s a really good way to get kidnapped or killed, you know? Even if you are able to handle yourself, maybe don’t follow a stranger, please? And, I mean, I don’t really know, but… The Pokemon Center wouldn’t allow someone to swap out a map, no matter the reasoning. The map you sent me isn’t of Kanto. It’s Santoris. Pallet Town doesn’t have a Pokemon Center and Oak wouldn’t have had one of his aide’s test you by having him switch out a map. Could you ask someone, anyone, except maybe not the weird blond, about where you are?

Elio sent the message, then slid his phone back into his shorts and brought his thumb to his mouth. He began chewing on his nail, feeling very anxious. Bells looked up at him and got up, then leaned her body against his legs. He pulled his thumb away from his teeth and crouched down to pet her, but there was a familiar cry close by. He righted himself and surveyed the area, pushing aside all of his nervousness over Kasey’s predicament. Aria was missing Eevee and that cry just now belonged to an Eevee.

Bells also heard the noise and stood at attention, then gently brushed her tail against Elio’s ankle when she saw a person holding onto a struggling Eevee. She pointed with her muzzle to the thief, then moved deftly between the legs of the crowd when Elio gestured for her to go. He followed after her carefully, trying to avoid running into anybody, but Bells reached the thief first.

Eevee was making lots of noises now and was struggling very hard to get out of the thiefs grasp, after having spotted Elio. He saw how tightly the thief’s hold on Eevee was and waved Bells ahead. The dragon huffed, then took several steps backwards, then rammed her head into the back of the thiefs legs. The thief let out a high-pitched, girlish yelp and fell forward, landing on their knees and losing their grip on Eevee.

Elio crouched down and held his hands out as Eevee lunged into his arms, while Bells stood on her back paws and bit at the thiefs hood, pulling it down. Long brown hair tumbled down the thief’s back and Elio heard her complaining and trying to shove Bells away, then her eyes landed on the Eevee in his arms. Elio decided, very smartly (the fake detective would be so proud), to duck behind some onlookers and escape the ferry hall, hugging Eevee close to his chest to protect it from any other thiefs. He heard shouting after him but he scurried out quickly, looking back only once to make sure Bells was following.

He went back over to Aria and, completely ignoring the (fake) detective, handed Eevee over to her. Eevee basically flew out of his hands, but he glanced back at the ferry hall. “The fan wasn’t a he,” he said, giving the (fake) detective a pointed look, “but I think she should probably be arrested so she can be held accountable for stealing a Pokemon. Think you could go talk to her so that she doesn’t escape while I call the cops? Since you seem to be really good at that. Oh, unless you happen to have another brilliant explanation as to why I shouldn’t call the cops?”

1653700431417.png

Sylvie Vanderbilt ♡ Location: Pythiana Island ♡ Interactions: Andy, Elias, Lombre

Sylvie was honestly quite shocked that eating every meal with silverware seemed to be uncommon for these people, but perhaps she shouldn't have raised her expectations too high. She was notorious for that, after all. She graciously took the silverware from Elias, though a bit forcefully, using it to pull the meat off the skewer. It was very awkward and seemed quite uncomfortable for her, but she refused to be seen eating with her hands!

"Hmmm..." she mused as she took a bite from it, nibbling it delicately. She took time to savor the flavor of the meat, really trying to get to the root of the flavor of it. After what seemed like far too long, she finally came to a conclusion: "This is quite acceptable," she said, with a satisfied nod. Well... she seemed to like it at least. And those that knew her, knew she wasn't one to give praise lightly.

She had hardly even noticed the Lombre that had come up while she was taking her test bite, only noticing it when she heard it chomp down on Elias's hand. "Oh, my!" she said, flinching slightly. Something about it just grossed her out. "Do you need a handkerchief? That Pokemon could have a disease!"

It appeared Andy's comment had awoken something within the other chef as he gave him a practically soul-piercing stare. If he was looking for a deep connection, he may have found it in Andy's love of cooking. “You also like to cook? And you want to cook with me? It’s been so long. Thank yo- What the hell?” he hears Elias say before interjecting himself.

"Yes, I would like to cook with you, surely the food we can make together will be more pleasing for everyone right?" There was that axiom about having too many chefs but Andy didn't care about that right now, he is over the moon himself about having a fellow chef and possible friend while here though he was being much more reserved in his reactions at least outside. "Is this the first time he's had this happen?" Andy thinks seeing tears come from Elias' eyes.

At least with the silverware, Andy can properly enjoy the salad himself now though surely Miss Proper would just blast him on going to boarding or charm schools by now for the rest of the trip. Both of them continue eating the berry salad and Kebabs slowly, getting more and more creeped out by the lombre that is just standing with eyes wide open to Elias. It doesn't even move, as if it burrowed its way here and then just became a statue right in front of him. Andy now tries not to look at that creepy pokemon and instead focuses on feeding the blue bundle of adorable with him, it also appears that the call to claim said pokemon went unheard for now.

“So what’s the verdict? Does it meet your standards?” Comes the other chef's voice after a bit of time passes

Andy gives a smile, Aqua couldn't do that just now as she is munching on tiny bits of berries and cooked seaweed, "It surely does, the berries are packed with flavor and nice improvisation with the seaweed, never had it before but it came out well." He nods trying to give an actual chef's review of a dish instead of something generic sounding, the mouse resorting to nods while she continues eating the fruits and veggies. Though that did bring up a thought within him, "I've got some big shoes to fill if he is already making stuff like this." A frown appears on his face for a split second, not from the food, but more from inadequacy, Can i measure up to someone that clearly has more experence than i do? Would he even have me as an apprentice?"

Betamax120 Betamax120 usagi froggy usagi froggy Sparkstorm1000 Sparkstorm1000

Elias Franes
Interactions: usagi froggy usagi froggy , mdebourg mdebourg , Sparkstorm1000 Sparkstorm1000

The sense of pride over people enjoying his cooking once again swelled within the excitable cook. Hearing the words of praise was always a nice bonus especially when it came from another cook who wanted to help! It had been so long since anyone else wanted to cook alongside Elias and now not only did Andy want to cook he also spoke so well of his own cooking. “Thank you for those kind words. I truly appreciate another chef’s point of view. I would love another set of hands in the kitchen that is this world! People have stopped wanting to cook with me. Something about being too exceteric or something

Turning his attention to the woman in blue, the words from Sylvie did remain ringing in Elias’ brain. “This is quite acceptable” Then again that last word “Acceptable”. Once more slowly, louder “ACCEPTABLE”. Just acceptable?! That wouldn’t be enough for the future greatest chef in the world! He heard the call and opportunity for growth and he would not turn it down. A fire lit behind his eyes and he couldn’t help but smile proudly.

As he went to speak he felt a strong pull on his hand straight into the wet jaws of the lilypad monster. He shivered as the unpleasantness of all the slimy spit accumulated in his hand. Lombre released the vice grip he had on Elias as he sat back enjoying the berries. While this was certainly not the best way to feed a pokemon at least Elias’ had been able to cheer up yet another soul with some food. He made sure to wipe off some of the spit on the lilypad that sat atop the Lombre. Hearing the kind gesture of friendship extended by the once previously mad lady, Elias quickly accepted. “Yes; a handkerchief would be excellent right about now. He didn’t bite but it’s not exactly a pleasant feeling

full

4fca6b97405e1d53941686b8b8a1a724.png

~Location: Pythiana Island --> Oceanblue city~
360_F_343147442_BT7ay5L5jQAc6g14QlYDFelfeF1kgmri.jpg

Staying in one of the many hotels that dotted the island of Pythiana, the orange haired man still in his early 20's would find himself deep in battle; one of many in a war that has plagued the accursed lands for over a millennium and would continue to do so for a Millenia more. Man vs Nature, the fabled battle destined to transpire for eons upon eons long after this generation would turn to dust and ash. Fitz; still seeking to nuzzle the bosom of sweet slumber had found himself buried underneath the bed covers, his back facing the window of his room as the invasive ray of sunlight entered uninvited. If that itself was not intrusive enough, the ever rising cacophony of noise from outside was beginning to make it nigh on impossible for Fitz to remain in bed.

This was meant to be a holiday, a chance for Fitz to recharge his batteries and re-find himself. Alas, the curse that was jet lag would find itself entangled around Fitz's entirety as he found himself succumbing to the drains brought about by significant time difference. Unfortunately for Fitz, he had arrived to the Santoris region a day and a half late, his original flight being delayed and eventually cancelled due to some self entitled party of four that had decided to over do their pre-drink ritual as they jetted off to their stag-do. The resulting drunken affair aboard the flight as well as their violent behaviour towards the stewards would inevitable lead to the police getting involved, much to the annoyance of everyone else seeking to enjoy the Santorian festival. No longer wishing to lament on the previous days problems and seeing himself as the inevitable loser in his fight against nature, Fitz would begin to stir.

Sighing, Fitz would roll to one side, his right arm pressed against his face, covering one eye as the other opened unreluctantly; watching the hypnotic spin of the ceiling fan above. A quick glance over to his right would soon reveal the source for the opened window; Bonnie and Clyde having already made their way to the rooms balcony. Bonnie was clearly enamoured with the spectacle before her, eyes glistening as she watched in envy as many other pokemon went about their day. Clyde however would instead have his back turned to them, merely choosing to follow Bonnie outside as a means of keeping a watchful gaze over his more rambunctious partner.

A glance to the other side of the room would find Doppel; at least a reflection of Doppel. Peering through the half opened door, Fitz watched as the mirror image of Doppel reflected the gelatine pokemon's antics, the gelatinous living goop appearing to practice its 'brave' face in front of the mirror; the attempt drawing a weary smile from Fitz whom had continued to spy on his most recent acquisition. Alas, the show would not last as long as Fitz would have wanted as Doppel would soon notice the pervasive eyes; the pink pokemon quickly slamming the door shut as its face gained a reddish hue. Fitz chuckled ever so slightly at the behaviour before reacting to a noise from his right.

With little chance to react, Fitz would find himself the victim of Bonnie's body slam, the smeargle jumping upon its trainer in excitement as she eagerly tried to usher him to his feet. Clyde on the other hand would merely walk back into the room; offering a side glance to Fitz before forcing his way into the bathroom, much to Doppels anguish. The bubble-gum coloured pokemon eliciting a cry of annoyance.

"Ok.. ok.. I understand" smiled Fitz, patting Bonnie upon her head as he pulled himself up into a seating position. "I'm just a little achy from the flight... that's all. Give me a few mins and I'll start getting us ready to see the sights... Sound good?" he questioned, still patting away as Bonnie grinned ever so widely.

The next 45, would be spent getting himself ready for the day ahead, a cold shower followed by a quick stop at the hotels cafeteria for a light snack before finally making his way to the main road. Given Bonnie's insistance on heading towards the contest hall; -the pokemon seeing the events on a brochure in the cafe-, it was quite clear that that would be the first place they would visit and luckily enough, the hotel they were staying at had a shuttle heading towards Oceanblue city; departing within the next 5 minutes.

Finding a spot towards the back of the shuttle, Clyde and Doppel would soon return to the sanctity of their pokeballs. Bonnie however was far too excited to remain within and would persistently insist on sitting upon Fitz's lap as the shuttle departed towards Oceanblue.

full

Last edited:
Matthew felt immediate relief from the psychic pressure from his arm. He quickly moved it around, giving a little joyful giggle before relaxing it to his side. Though, the sudden Chansey coming out of nowhere took him by surprise, not due to fear but unexpectedness. "Oh, hello there!" Matthew said, giving a half-hearted smile before wincing in pain again "Nope smiling hurt too..." closing his eyes, he rubbed his face some more, didn't really pay attention to what Cassidy was saying, so, seeing the Chansey suddenly have pain medication threw him for a bit of a loop. "Oh... you-you do? Wasn't expecting that... but I'm not complaining thank you!" He grabbed the medication, listening to Cassidy give the instructions. Hitmonlee began to wander off after hearing Cassidy mention taking it with water, Matthew didn't seem to notice, he was just happy to finally be given some relief. Matthew would just down the pill right now without water, but he didn't want to come off too strangely to this stranger. Also choking on a pill wasn't exactly how he wanted to go out. But he was impressed by how prepared Cassidy was. "Dang, you seem to be ready for any situation don't ya? Are you some type of Pharmacist or something? Hopefully, this is covered by" He paused for a moment, remembering he's unemployed and lost his medical insurance in the messy firing. "My lack of medical insurance... Haha...ha...heh... What's your name stranger?" Hitmonlee, walking back to the group, handed Matthew a water bottle and his wallet that he managed to take out of Matthew's pocket without noticing. "Lee, where'd you get that water bottle? And why do you have my wallet?" Hitmonlee eyes widen and squinted, forcibly and physically grabbing Matthew's hand and placing the items in them. "Oh ok..."
Interaction: Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Lombre could feel the flavors of the berries combine onto his tongue, emotions were felt in that husk of a pokemon. Tuning out the entirety of existence to focus solely on the flavors. Cheri berries, Pecha berries, and Pinap Berries make a sweet combination of flavors that just blew its mind... of course, this is nothing new for the Lombre, it loved to eat, and it would always react the same way when eating any food. Sweet, spicy, bitter, he loved them all. Perhaps he somehow manages to wipe his memory clean in order to have a fresh palate of the tongue when trying the same foods again to reach that euphoric feeling once more. But that's prosperous, He's only a Lombre after all. His eyes slowly looked back up at Elias once more. Waiting and seemingly wanting even more food.
Interaction: mdebourg mdebourg Betamax120 Betamax120 usagi froggy usagi froggy

Raichu was still at the spot with Torkoal, the latter snoozing away in the hot sun as always. Raichu glared at Lombre, in absolute jealousy. Raichu wanted berries, but no, he was stuck with Torkoal because he insulted a Machamp. Clearly, it was jealous of Raichu's flexing skills. Small sparks could be seen coming from his cheeks, then planted his face into the sand. Grumbling and whining as a jealous Raichu can.

He didn't want payment? Was he only doing this for the fun of it? How peculiar... Regardless though, Aria had to stay focused on finding her partner. Listening to William's explanation, she followed every word, nodding to show that she understood and was engaged. She glanced over at Elio, who simply look annoyed, but quickly returned her full attention to the detective before her.

"You think a fan did this?" She asked in disbelief.

From all she knew, her fans had only been kind to her and respectful, and now, in her hometown of all places, her Eevee had been stolen by someone claiming to be her fan? Aria pouted slightly, getting ready to move and retrieve her partner only for Elio to move first. She smiled slightly, appreciative of what he was doing for her, knowing how on edge she was without Eevee.

"Thank you detective." Aria smiled slightly, though her eyes followed where Elio had gone, "I just hope you're right."

Within minutes, the blue-haired boy returned with her Eevee in his arms. An excited gasp left her lips as she ran to grab her partner, nuzzling its cheek as it did the same in return. "Thank Arceus!" She sighed happily, squeezing the Pokemon perhaps a little too tightly in her arms.

"Detective, I'm sorry I doubted you." She said genuinely, then her attention went to her friend, "Elio, thank you for rescuing Eevee, I don't know what I would've done if I lost her." Aria admitted slowly.

The blonde rested her head atop the Pokemon's gently, a content smile on her lips as she looked back to the detective, "Are you sure I can't give you anything as payment?" She asked again, just wanting to make sure.

the idol

aria.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

full

full

cb87873c593d3d5e9649ef3faced567f.png

~Location: ~Mykora Island: Sunbreech Beach~
360_F_343147442_BT7ay5L5jQAc6g14QlYDFelfeF1kgmri.jpg

Alon; the man standing upon the lesser of the two well known beaches of Santoris had begin to flex his toes as the cold ocean water washed over them ; his chest rising ever so slowly as he took in the fresh air that permeated the space around him, before exhaling. Fresh tropical island air, a nostalgic feeling that reminded him of his own Island back in the Orange Archipelago. Presently, Alon was on the island of Mykora, currently renting a room above a local Beach inn; the owner being a close relative to one of the trainers under Alon's watch back on Ascorbia island. Like Pythiana, Mykora too had its own beach, a less popular one that still had its own benefits. Whilst the beaches on Pythiana were far superior to the one found at the edge of Sunbreech, it was also vastly more populated by the abundance of locals and tourist who like him, had come to enjoy the festival. The Sunbreech beach on the other hand was not as populated.

Glancing skyward, the blue haired man could not help but squint both of his eyes as the scorching sun above threatened to blind him; its all-seeing gaze encompassing the entirety of this archipelago in its radiant glory. Such weather could only be taken as an auspicious blessing for the festival that was to begin. A smile had managed to saunter its way across the man's face, excitement beginning to grow as he thought ahead to all the festivities that were about to take place; some of which were to begin in the coming days. Perhaps a quick venture to the islands local gym leader would be a good way to start things off after all there was nothing better than a good old battle to get the blood boiling and the adrenaline pumping, it could even be a 'surprise' exhibition match for the Mykoran islanders; the Gym Leader of Mykora challenged by the Gym Leader of Ascorbia Island.

Playing with the idea for a bit, a passing shadow above would deter him from the thought for now. "Echo! I'm Ready!" shouted Alon, a smile spread across his face as he reached down and grabbed the black handle by his feet; a long 30 ft tow rope attached to the base of the handle and stretching leftward across the beach, the very end of it several meters out into the water; the other end firmly rigged around a buoyant pole just thick enough for Echo to grab with both her feet.

The rushing of wind would soon pass above Alon as Echo circled around before making her approach, the bat like dragon much closer to the ground as she descended lower and lower the further out to sea she flew before two firm dragon like claws grasped the buoyant pole like object. Almost instantly, Alon was pulled forward, the board beneath his feet cruising upon the shoreline and across the waves as Echo pulled him along the water's surface; the pair of them gradually getting further out to sea amidst a chorus of cheers from the rest of the team whom had opted to stay on dry sand; the other 5 split off into two groups.

The quartet of Neptune, Kaminari, Yoru and Nimbus had entered their own competition among one another, the four of them splitting into two teams of two. Neptune and Kaminari had paired off together whilst Yoru and Nimbus made the 2nd team. The competition was simple, a no rules all out Sand Castle building competition. Krystal on the other hand had remained at the beach Inn, the ice pokemon opting to help the Inn's owner with their day to day job of selling food and beverages to those visiting the beach. You could never have enough shaved ice.

Back out in the open sea, the pair of Alon and Echo were presently skim boarding their way across the glistening ocean surface; the blue haired man gliding effortlessly above the water as Echo flew silently across the skies above. By now a school of Mantine and Mantyke had joined them, the ray like pokemon intermittently breaking through the waters surface as they flew across the ocean; racing against the pokemon trainer and his Noivern. "Let's pick up the speed Echo!" Alon shouted above gleefully; his command echoed by a roar of approval by the pokemon above.

"First one to pass that large rock wins" shouted Alon, this time glancing at the dozens upon dozens of silhouttes swimming underneath his board. Almost instantly, several mantine and mantyke would burst from the water; each using aqua jet as the sea water enveloped their bodies; propelling the pokemon forward and ahead of Alon.

"Oi!, I didn't say go!" protested Alon, though his protestation was only met by a weak water gun to the face by a Mantyke that was lagging behind the rest.

The blue haired man would break out into laughter; the first day of his island journey getting off to a great start.

ff9dbf7e2fa483da01c65cf1b25a8527.jpg

Cassidy Jones
Okay, so the guy in front of him was a nut job.. sounds about right. Every single person he has met was like that so Cassidy wasn't gonna say anything about it. Just kept a straight face as he stared at Matthew, the nut job seeming impressed when he saw that Cassidy had medication with him. Of course, he always has medicine with him, as a doctor in training or just a plain doctor, the rule for any doctor was to be prepared for any type of situation. He was about to respond but when he heard the guy calling him a pharmacist, he had to restrain himself from insulting him, as a patient?? Did he count as one?? Even without insurance, he has to help no matter what they say or if he gets insulted somehow.

"No I am not a pharmacist, I am a doctor, well in training at least, just need a little bit more experience than after that, I can call myself an actual doctor." He corrected him. He tilted his head to the side as he saw the action of the Hitmonlee, not bad. Guess the guy was a decent trainer to have the pokemon be caring and all. "Matthew Moron??? Maroon?? Now, why does that name sound so familiar." Cassidy whispered to himself trying to figure out why it did. Maybe they met sometime during his journey or was it during his time in Kanto. "Not to be rude or anything but are you from Galar?? I seem to recall the name Matthew Moron.. no Maroon from somewhere but I really can't seem to know why that name is familiar."

Interaction: Sparkstorm1000 Sparkstorm1000

Reginald Valerias1656195615052.png
Interactions: Elio ( smolfluffball smolfluffball ), Aria ( temporarybliss temporarybliss ), William ( Key of Stars Key of Stars )
Mentions: N/A
Pokemon:
1656195621718.png Emeric the Shiny Haunter
1656195628213.png Elvira the Munna
1656195632102.png Bob the Shedinja

Man, while Reginald can really dig William’s style of clothing, he noticed just how overconfident he was, bordering on arrogance. Maybe he wasn’t all like that. Given his achievements, Reggie wouldn’t be surprised if Will barely ever felt defeat. He returned the casual smile with an exuberant one after he was done showing the blue-haired lifeguard Will’s credentials, but it seemed like Elio didn’t really care. Either way, Reggie followed closely behind Will, finding his confidence infectious. He can feel himself rising from it despite how much of it was exuding from the man.

From his explanations and deductions, he was nothing short from a genius. How old was he even? He seemed to be just a few years older than him, yet he was making such wonderful strides in his career! Bob nestled himself back in his pocket, Elvira continued to stay on his head, and Emeric hovered just right behind Reggie as they walked and listened. The hatred from Elio was palpable and it made Reggie nervous. Did he do something wrong? Was Will too much? Maybe he should help make him feel better.

He realized that maybe what he did wasn’t the best idea. Should he apologize to the blue-haired man? He didn’t even know his name, but he was at least good at apologies. Hm… But how to apologize to him?

His thoughts were interrupted as they stopped in front of a waiting hall for embarking on boats and he watched as Elio vanished without so much as a word and his Jangmo-o biting the man’s shin. Reggie pretty much winced at that. It didn’t take long for the lifeguard to come back with the Eevee though, and the Eevee pounced into Aria’s awaiting arms.

On the idea of payment from Aria, Reggie’s signature cheeky smile came back and he stood in front of the girl with a finger up, but obviously far enough away not to intrude on her space or get a punch from the irate lifeguard.
“I, Reggie, got just the idea.” With his arms outstretched towards the area around them, he spoke exuberantly. “There’s a festival, yeah? Why not have some fun?” He practically twirled behind him, making the Munna dizzy on his forehead and forcing her to pop off and hover near Emeric as he spun around, just to stop beside Will and wrap an arm around his shoulders. “How about we go for an outing? A party? With drinks and the like! Tonight, at the bar, yeah?” He let go of Will’s shoulders and did a little shake of his arms as if he’s shaking shakers as he scooted sideways. “I hear there’s a dance floor aaaand~,” He sang out, his body leaning backwards as he held an invisible mic in his hands. “Karaokeeeeee~!” He actually sang surprisingly good for someone who didn’t prep his voice at all, even hitting a high note as he held the drawn out ‘e’. He spun around and back to normal, pointing at Aria with a huge smile on his face. “What do you say, pop star? Want to get jiggy with it and relax for a second? It’ll be good on everyone, and your boyfriend and I can make sure your Eevee doesn’t get stolen again.” Reggie stood there with his hands on his hips, as if expecting a positive answer.

Jet Portrait Disinterested.png
All things considered, Jet knew exactly what he was doing so far. He was getting Kasey all riled up, and watching his reaction had to be hilarious at the very least. He was so unnerved, he got uncomfortably closed like they were best buddies and wrapped his arm around the blond's shoulders like a hook. "Of course I'd know, the professor told me.", he replied with a slowly widening smirk, having some trouble not bursting into laughter. By this point, Kasey just had to be stubborn- and stubborn people could be coaxed pretty easily into doing things. Maybe jet could find some use for this brute after all.

"That tone tells me you don't trust your friendly lab assistant too much, my friend.", the trainer looked to the side with a shit eating grin, feeling something on the back of his neck and shuddering. "My shoulders ache a bit, if your Slakoth would like to give them a nice rub.", he practically punched back at the Pokemon's empty threat of violence, just to get patted and groan somewhat at the force of it all. Whoever he was, this Kasey had very strong arms, no room for doubt there. "A literal meathead, how fitting...", he nodded to himself and stopped for a minute, looking around with a raised eyebrow. He'd never been around this part of the town before, so he was really just following whatever street he could find. Where would he take this guy now..?

If Kasey had the slightest idea of how Pallet Town looked like, he would have long now figured the town was much too large to be the right one. But if there was the tiniest hold-up in his mind that'd prevent him from realising that, then all the better for the rather sadistic trainer 'dragging him around', as he so kindly put it. "Sorry for the hold-up. This way.", he said somewhat more seriously, looking behind him at Kasey with almost a deadpan look before he got to walking again, down a street with a long, winding turn. Although there were still a lot of people moving around, there seemed to be less stands and shops, most of those were used to reel in tourists over by the beach or the center of the town, after all.

Maybe it would do the man some good if he tries to be the tiniest bit genuine with the clearly disoriented fellow. "A Slakoth and a Snover, yet you want to visit the professor. What's up with that? Most would go just to get their first Pokemon and be off with it.", he peeked over his shoulder from the corner of his eyes, with an eyebrow slightly furrowed before he went back to paying attention so he wouldn't run into anyone. Jet wasn't sure how he would drag out the encounter for much longer without anything conveniently distracting enough to happen, so spilling the beans after this would be a nice way to bring Kasey back to reality... sadly, he figured he'd be the one to have to do that too, unknowing of Elio's messages. "Maybe by then, I'll be able to enter the Garden of Harmony too... We'll see. This guy though... Maybe I should keep tabs on him, if he'll let me, keheh."

Interactions: Paperface Paperface
Mentions: smolfluffball smolfluffball

William Holton
Suit background.png

Interactions: smolfluffball smolfluffball (Elio) temporarybliss temporarybliss (Aria) Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Reginald)
William clutched his shin, the pokemon may have been rather small but there was a surprising amount of force behind its bite. Not enough to draw blood, mind you. But certainly enough to leave a visible mark and hurt for a little while. "Jealousy is not a good look on you." He told the blue-haired man through gritted teeth, though it didn't seem like the man was listening anymore.

He shot Aria a reassuring smile. "No need to worry, I have no doubt my deductions are spot on." He confidently declared. "I'm more worried about that friend, boyfriend, whatever of yours not royally screwing everything up." He said with a small frown. "Perhaps I should have gone in there myself after all." Elio was about the least cooperative person William had ever met, he had worked together with a swindler and small-time thief in the past to solve a case and even that guy had been easier to work with.

William smiled as Aria hugged Eevee only to immediately roll his eyes as the blue-haired man addressed him. So what it wasn't a he, slip of the tongue, who cares, does it matter? No. So was it a big deal? No. Should the blue-haired man shut up? Yes. He forced a small smile. "I'll leave all of that to you, after all, you seem really good at keeping an eye on people you don't trust." He said, rolling his eyes once again. "I'm a detective, not a cop. You apprehended her so you deal with it. Go ahead and call the police, even they couldn't screw up a simple task such as this." He said with an innocent smile.

He turned to Aria. "That's quite alright, a healthy amount of distrust will only aid you in life. That said, you might want to teach your friend to have a little more trust, between you and me, he would benefit from being a little less grumpy, and his pokemon a little less violent." He said, not so subtly glancing at Elio before rubbing his shin.

He shook his head. "No payment will be necessary, really. I'm just glad I could help you reunite with your partner." He smiled, tilting his head to the side questioningly as the blond man stepped forward. Nodding along with the man's speech, not exactly an observation worthy of a detective but there certainly was a festival going on. He raised an eyebrow as the blond man put his arm around his shoulder but didn't step away.

He watched the whole ordeal unfold with an amused grin on his face. The blond wasn't half bad at singing, especially as far as random guys you find on the street go. "I suppose I could attend. I didn't have any prior engagement set for the night anyway." He glanced at Aria. "Though do not think I'm asking this of you as payment miss Keller, I already made it clear I won't be taking any payment. This isn't even my request in the first place so you are more than free to decline should you want to."

Forcing himself to continue listening to Jet, rather than attempting to tune him out, was turning out to be a constant battle to retain self-control. The constant flow of provoking comments hinted heavily toward the idea that the blond was eagerly looking for a fight. Yet, he would not engage, no matter how obvious the constant flexing of his fingers was becoming. He would honor the promise he'd made to Snover. Resisting the temptation of checking whether there was any bite to all of the blond's barking. The unwillingness to let down his Pokemon bolstered his resilience to Jet's mental onslaught. Adding to that the knowledge that one of the worst mistakes in a fight was letting the opponent get inside your head. The combination of both helped him stay in this fight – and what a fight it was! Inspecting the blond head to toes with glaring eyes made him seriously doubt Jet could be a match for him regarding physical strength. However, he was a formidable opponent all the same. One of the strongest he'd met so far. Which, considering he grew up in a dojo, meant a lot. As much as the idea that popped into his mind forced his jaw to clench harder, he was considering keeping Jet around. If only for further training of his mental resilience.

However, the Slakoth hanging on his shoulder did not share his trainer's moment of reluctant insight. No, the enraged glint in the sloth's eyes lusted for violence. Kasey had become quite familiar with this particular expression – even after less than a month of being the Slakoth's trainer. These violent outbursts were always caused by a desire to protect his trainer. Kasey found the intent to protect him respectable, but the execution was far from it. Hence why the forceful pat on Jet's back hadn't only served as an attempt to provoke the blond, but also as a means to disengage. Preventing Slakoth from sinking his nails into the blond's shoulders. Presumably to honor the request for a shoulder rub, but with the added desire to have it end in one or more severed limbs. Well, assuming Kasey was reading his Pokemon accurately – which he was.

Kasey let out a drawn-out sigh, venting his frustrations, and placed the previously flexing hand on top of Slakoth's head. Giving him a few gentle pats before pushing his head down onto his shoulder. He could feel the lashing nails scratch his skin, but he wasn't going to stop because of it. He would keep the furious sloth down until the Pokemon stopped lashing out at the air with his nails. While Kasey wasn't about to give his Pokemon an extensive lecture in front of Jet, he definitely would at a later moment. This lack of self-control was going to cause problems in the long run if left uncorrected. Once Slakoth stopped struggling, Kasey let him go. His hand brought down to his side. His fingers landed on the belt with Pokeballs around his waist. For a moment the smooth surface of the ball had him consider recalling Slakoth as a means of punishment, but ultimately discarded that thought. Instead slipping both his hands into the pockets of his pants.

So,” he scoffed, his tone already sounding inexplicably insulted, “instead of going to the professor for another Pokemon, you're saying I should find some wild ones? What if they don't want to be fighters? You ever considered that? You shouldn't force her into fighting- I mean, force any of them.” He halted himself and took a deep breath, bringing one of his hands up to rub the bridge of his nose – attempting to bring himself down from an eleven out of ten to a five. Once successful, he placed that same hand on Slakoth's head to pet the Pokemon softly. The affectionate gesture was returned by the sloth in the form of an appreciative nuzzle. “It's simple, okay? I want Pokemon that want to become stronger. I'm not forcing it on the ones who are happy out there in the wild. I hope the professor gets that and only gives out Pokemon who want to fight.

While explaining his personal ideology, Kasey had felt his phone buzz against the hand still in his pocket but waited until he had finished talking before pulling it out. The screen lit up with a message from Elio. One that amused him more than anything. Admittedly, he wasn't all too concerned whether Jet was genuine. He personally didn't think he was being genuine, but he didn't seem like a physical threat either. So, even if he was following a stranger, he still believed nothing bad could possibly happen. After all, what could the blond possibly do to him? Annoy him to death? Laughable! Its fine! Not a stranger if you know his name. Its been a while since you've been in Pallet. Things change? If the lab isn't here its not Pallet, then I'll ask. Send.

- - - - - - - - - -
Interactions: Gary Sue Gary Sue smolfluffball smolfluffball
Mentions: -

William made the comment that Elio was her boyfriend and she quickly corrected him with a shake of her head, "We're just friends, actually, since we were kids." Aria assured the man.

It wasn't like it was the first time someone had mistaken the two as a couple, and she was sure it wouldn't be the last either. Then the other man with them, Reggie if she recalled correctly, suggested a party and Aria's interest was immediately piqued. She didn't get to go to many parties or events without her huddle of bodyguards, and this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

The way Reggie presented it though, had the girl holding back a laugh at how over the top he was being, especially when he began dancing and singing around.

"You're not too bad of a singer, Reggie, you know that?" The girl teased softly with a small smile to which Eevee nodded in agreement.

It made the girl smile just to have her partner back in her arms and with a soft squeeze to the Pokemon, her attention returned to the detective. With a sigh, Aria finally accepted the fact that she wouldn't be able to repay William for the work he'd done in finding Eevee.

Pursing her lips, the blonde nodded her head, "I think I will go, it's not often Eevee and I get a chance to party, is it?" She glanced down to her partner.

Of course it shook its head, agreeing with what Aria had said. However, Reggie then said the word 'boyfriend' again and it made her face go pink, "Just friends." She corrected once more. She knew it was bound to happen again, just maybe not so soon.

Then, she turned to Elio, raising an eyebrow, "And what about you, not boyfriend?" Aria teased, nudging him with her elbow, "Are you joining us?"

the idol

aria.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Reina Cortez, Day 1. Pythiana Island.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It matched perfectly with the fresh breeze coming from the ocean and the beautiful sound of the waves, the Wingull, the angry remarks made by a certain Clefairy. That wasn't right. Reina, the trainer who lost in the top sixteen in the latest Johto League and was supposed to be relaxing to take a break from the long journey she had just finished, was now praying that the sounds of the grumpy Clefairy weren't coming from her Clefairy, Diva. Sadly, it was definitely Diva, as Reina felt a tapping on her elbow, a tapping she knew all too well. With a defeated sigh, Reina opened one eye and looked at her Pokemon.

They had both decided to spend the day at the beach. Reina had bought one of those giant beach umbrellas and was enjoying laying down and relaxing while Diva was supposed to be playing with the sand. I hadn't been more than half an hour when Diva was already upset about something, as she naturally was. The reason why the fairy Pokemon was so upset was easy to figure out once Reina looked past her grumpy face and at the ruins of what used to be a sand castle destroyed by some kids running around. The Mitztlian trainer wanted to laugh, but that would just make her companion even angrier, so instead she offered the moon Pokemon a pat on the head and a soda, which Diva took, but was still very much offended.

Reina went back to closing her eyes and trying to clear her mind. However, as hard as she tried she kept wondering back to losing the league. She told herself she wasn't expecting to actually win it, there were trainers there that were far superior and had more experience in battles than she did, but sometime during the event she lost that idea and believe she would actually win. It wasn't just a defeat, she got dropped down to earth at crazy speeds, crashing along with her hopes of winning. It was a terrible feeling, finding out you were completely out matched. Those thoughts turned into disappointment and shame. Which were the reason she had decided to travel to a different region, to get over her defeat and try and find new ways to improve herself.

"Maybe a Dratini would cheer me up." Reina sat up, looking around for the little hut that had a bar under it. "Come on Diva, I heard they're really good and just one doesn't hurt, right?"

The Clefairy jumped to her feet and walked quickly behind her trainer as they both headed towards the little circular bar with a very enthusiastic bartender in the center. Reina took a sit, choosing a stool in the middle of three empty ones. Diva, of course, jumped on to her trainer's lap, hoping to get a little of whatever Reina ordered. Just like she had said though, Reina ordered a Dratini, which was a blue martini with a small round white mint inside to give it a blueberry minty flavor. Reina thanked the bartender as she tasted her drink and just as she had heard, it was a weird mix of sweet and mint clashing, hardly even noticing the alcohol flavor in it. She knew now why people lost track of how many they drank and ended up Teeter Dancing the rest of the night.

She set the long thin glass cup down, gently on the wooden counter in front of her. Despite being in such a great place, with many things to do, she was lacking something she had had during her entire trip in Johto, friends. She felt alone, despite being with some of her Pokemon. She didn't have anyone to fully talk to besides Diva and although she loved sharing her thoughts with her Clefairy, the little pink Pokemon could just sit there and listen. With a loud sigh, Reina rested her chin on her right hand and twirled the little umbrella coming out of the martini with her left fingers. Maybe she needed to drink more in order to feel better.

Flynn Cook
Pythiana, Santoris

When looking at one of the many brochures of Santoris, Flynn knew the first of the four main islands he had to visit was Pythiana. The brochures weren't lying about Pythiana being an island paradise. Flynn already knew Pythiana was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, especially for the wealthy, with its tropical atmosphere, beautiful towns, and abundance of beaches. There were many places that had something similar, but not all of them had one of the world's biggest contest halls. That alone attracted many coordinators and contest-goers from across the world, especially during the famous Santoris Festival. To think he was only a measly ten-year-old brat when the world-renowned festival was held last. Flynn had his whole life ahead of them back then and now, well, he was here. Sitting on a wooden stool at one of the many bars on the beach, released a puff of smoke from his mouth as he held a cigarette between his fingers. Behind was a large crowd, wider than the eye can see.

There were people from all over, many were tourists, out here having a good time with their friends, family, and Pokémon. There were kids running around, playing tag, knocking over sandcastles, and being scolded by their parents for going too far. Those older partook in many other activities such as beach battles, volleyball tournaments, watersports, flirting, and so on. All the while, their money was slowly being swindled by the vendors carrying ice cream and cool drinks back and forth across the shoreline. Of course, who wouldn't want something nice and cold with the sweltering heat of the summer sun overhead? Those looking to save their well-earned money could just join a hundred others by taking a dip into the cool water. Deeper in the ocean, Corsola could be seen floating around groups among a few other water Pokémon, like even a Lapras. In the skies, Wingull hovered in small flocks, and even some Cramorant could be seen soaring overhead, while some Buizel and Floatzel continuously scanned the ocean alongside their partner lifeguards. On the other side, at the peak of the beach was the sight of homes, hotels, and whatever buildings that stretched even further than the beach. Then there were those like Flynn, just there to relax and indulge in the vibrant atmosphere by just laying there reading, taking a tan, or just having a drink at the bars. On the counter in front of Flynn rested an elegantly designed glass with a frosty, mango-colored beverage inside.

"... and my daughter liked this one place in Undella for 11 million and I was telling her I already have multiple properties in Lucanosa and Black City. You know how it is."

An elderly, grey-haired man sitting beside Flynn took another gulp from the bottle of beer in his hand after he spoke. It was his second... no, it was his third. Flynn didn't know much time had passed since he had fallen into conversation with this man, Winston Garrison. There had been a few of them sitting at this bar when Flynn first sat down here. Their conversation had caught his attention and so did their hefty tips. That's right. Besides the parties, women, and drinks, the best part of Pythiana was the rich folk sitting around, showing their money. He could see the clothes they wore and the jewelry they had on. Their conversations consisted of topics the average person would not be able to comprehend. The only thing keeping Flynn in the conversation was the fact that he could fake it. He was helped by the fact his financial situation wasn't that far off. They were also old and on the border of falling drunk, which Flynn he could take advantage of. He raised his hand, signaling to the Ludicolo working as a bartender that he wanted another beer for the man that was left alone with him before answering.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I got a property back in Undella too. It was something cheap. Only 5 million. I got places in Goldenrod, that's why." Lying through his teeth so casually, Flynn put the cigarette back between his lips. The man looked a little bit confused and surprised when he mentioned Goldenrod. That was probably because the cost of living there was so high in itself. To buy any good property there would cost in the high hundreds of thousands at the lowest.

"That's that Johto city, right? Haven't been to Goldenrod in a while but I heard the market for a place there is shit. Not that I don't have the money to throw there. A good place in Lumiose just has better value for a starting price of 12 million. That's still impressive. You seem like a young man. What do you do?"

Calmly removing the cigarette from his mouth again, Flynn breathed another stream of smoke when he heard the question. He expected that question to pop up eventually. Flynn was only a 20-year-old, so to claim that he was a seasoned millionaire with properties in different regions may come off as a bit preposterous. It wasn't like he could tell him he was a gang member who was in hiding with all the gang's money. Fortunately, there were other ways to explain how and why he had so much money. From the beginning, Flynn already had his eye on this old man. Rather, it was an antique watch around his wrist that had his attention. Looking at the gold, along with the design inside was enough to tell Flynn that it would sell for a good amount. A smirk grew on the edge of his lips as he determined how to play this.

"That watch on your wrist. It's real gold, right? I'm guessing at least, over 20 years old?"

As expected, Winston looked at him confused when he suddenly brought up his wristwatch. That was such a random topic change, but at the same time, it was in relation to the question that was asked. He didn't have much time to think about it as the Ludicolo brought over another bottle of beer. "I should not be drinking as much as I am right now, but you got me interested, kid. What does my watch have to do with anything?" The man asked before taking a sip of his alcoholic beverage and gazing at his prized possession.

"Simple. I'm an antique grader and that watch can be worth a lot." Flynn answered with a relaxed breath. It was another lie but also mixed in with the truth. He was certain that the watch was worth a lot. Even if his questions weren't directly answered, a non-answer still told him enough. He could see his partner at the bar was beginning to slip under the effects of the alcohol. Winston gave him a confused glance and Flynn understood why soon after. "What's a grader and how would this watch be worth a lot? My mother gave it to me."

Flynn resisted the urge to chuckle by taking another smoke. He was wondering if this rich buffoon had no idea what a grader was. Had he never sold any of his antiques before? Was he so rich that he never even had to consider it? Whatever the reason, Flynn saw this as the opportunity to strike. Seeing as Winston seemed to be warming up to him and was drunk, Flynn just needed to convince the man he could get millions for this. "A grader is basically someone who accesses the condition of a collectible. We basically assign them a numerical value and from there they can be auctioned off. A wristwatch for example can be sold off for even as high as 10 million. I presume your wristwatch is in near mint condition and since it is what, from the time of your mother? Then it's even more scarce, further increasing its value. Then if it's known that this was owned by a well-known family such as the Garrisons, its bidding will at least start off at 3 million. It'll probably end up at around 10 million and you can use that money to just buy your daughter that property in Undella." Flynn ended his explanation with a suggestion, hoping to further warm the idea up to Winston.

"Really?! 3 million from the start?! Hmm." The man started out with an exclamation before he began to think and take another sip of his beer. Flynn did the same with his mango margarita and finally tasted the cool, fruity beverage. After downing the entire bottle, Winston placed the bottle back onto the counter with a hard thump. "Well, I shouldn't be doing this, but this *hic* grading and auction business seems like a good *hic* money maker on the side." With a hiccup, Winston decided that this could potentially be a good investment and began to detach the watch from his wrist. Flynn was pleased to see things play out exactly as he wanted but did not show it. "Plus, it gives me a reason to start getting rid of that old collection. If this goes well, I'll contact you again for that. What's your name, son?" And just like that, Winston handed Flynn the wristwatch and asked for his name. Flynn took the watch and attempted to make some sort of surprised expression on his face. He grabbed the wristwatch and looked at it like he was inspecting the object before his eyes found Winston once again. In this scenario, he couldn't give Winston his actual name, Flynn Cook, or the fake name he had been using, Trey Cross. If some untimely incident were to occur, then it was possible for him to be traced through either of the identities.

"It's Brook, Sir. Brook Kanon. A pleasure to meet you." Forcing himself to spread with some respect, Flynn offered to shake his hand, which Winston drunkenly did. "Nice to meet you as well, Brook. I can let my *hic* daughter know I have an acquaintance that has a property in Undella that she can rent if that's alright with you. Just give me your contact information." Hearing that request caused Flynn to mentally curse. He forgot that Winston would want to contact him somehow. It's not like Winston would immediately realize the number Flynn gave wasn't his, but he would figure out the moment he did try to contact him. All trust would be lost at that point. However, Flynn couldn't risk giving this guy any of his numbers due to the possibility of a call being traced back to him. He'd have to settle for the fake number route. Flynn took a second to take another sip of his margarita, possibly to stall for a second or two, before responding to Winston. "I appreciate you trusting me, but we should probably discuss a bit more before we discuss renting a place. As for my number, it's-"

Just before Flynn could say a random phone number, he was saved by a blonde woman who looked to be in her thirties wearing a beach straw hat and shades. She suddenly arrived behind Winston and wrapped her arms around the elderly man. Beside her was a rather large Purugly. Flynn made eye contact with the tiger-like Pokémon for a second, leading it to return a glare before haughtily looking away like he didn't have the right to lay eyes on it. All he gave was a huff of amusement before using his cigarette again as he just looked back at Winston and the blond-haired woman. "Babe, c'mon, let's go to Oceanblue now before it gets late! It'll get even busier tonight and I won't be able to shop before- *cough* *cough*." The woman began to cough as the smoke from Flynn came her way. "Who is this guy?! Ugh, come on!" She didn't wait any longer before pulling the drunk Winston off his seat. The man nearly stumbled as he managed to stand. He quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet to give a tip in cash. It was only 100 bucks, which was pretty cheap when compared to the other tips he saw. "That's all I have left in cash right now. Sorry about *hic* that. My wife wants to go looking around some more. I'll see you again in Undella- *hic* Lucanosa." Winston could barely tell what he was saying at this point as he bid farewell to Flynn, who just nodded in response and watched the husband and wife walk away. "Oh my Arceus, are you drunk already?!" Flynn could hear the annoyed wife as she held on to Winston with Purugly not too far behind. He was pretty sure she was like at least 20 years younger than Winston too.

"That old man getting swindled."

Commenting silently to himself, Flynn put out his cigarette and then pulled out his own wallet after pocketing the wristwatch. He rested $200 in cash on the table for when the Ludicolo came over. Today was a good day. While the wristwatch probably wouldn't sell for 10 million or whatever bullshit amount he said, it should sell for a good amount. Putting out his cigarette, Flynn tossed it into a receptacle and got up. Staying here any further probably wouldn't be for the best and it was bound to get boring sitting around anyways. Looking back at the beach now, Flynn wondered what he should do now. Playing another round of volleyball sounded like fun. Although, not as fun when playing against a Pokémon like a Machamp. Those fuckers could hit hard. There were going to be some more beach parties tonight, so he didn't want to get fucked up just yet. There were the beach battles he could participate in. He saw some guy punking some kids and their baby Pokémon with an Empoleon earlier, only to get put in his place by another dude with a Shiftry. The battles here could be pretty lopsided due to the lack of much officiating, but perhaps his squad would find it fun. That reminded Flynn that he had let two of his Pokémon out to go have some fun.

"Shit, I wonder where my boys are at."

Knowing Azar and Brando, they were probably trying to spar with each other or something. Those two always liked to at it, even when they should just be chilling like him on the beach. Then again, there was the 24-hour tournament they would be partaking in tomorrow, so he could understand their enthusiasm. Even Flynn himself was interested in seeing what the hype was all about. It would be a chance to test themselves on the world stage as well as earn a chance at a potential lofty prize. On the other hand, there was Dusk, who had been adamant amount staying in its Poké Ball. Flynn wanted the irate Pokémon to try socializing with some other Pokémon besides Azar and Brando, but just being around so many people and Pokémon nearly caused it to faint. Flynn really wanted the young Deino to grow accustomed to this life but didn't really know how to go about it yet. Forcing it was out of the question as well, so he'd have to figure out something eventually. For now, though, he just planned to enjoy his time here in Santoris.
Code by Serobliss

Last edited:
Emilia Emory

The large rock that the fever of Mantine and Mantyke and a trailing Alon were racing towards shifted just as the first of the Mantine rounded it to become the winner of the impromptu race. The "large rock" suddenly reared up out of the water, revealing itself as the topmost part of a head belonging to a particularly massive Tyrantrum, with the unlucky winning Mantine caught in its wide jaws. The fever of Mantine scattered and then swam around the monster pelting it with streams of water and bubbles to try and get it to release its prey, but their attacks only served to annoy the dinosaur. It growled with its mouth full and swung around with its tail at the annoying Mantine.

A beautiful woman with long hair as blue as the island's crystalline water was sunbathing on the beach. The public beach was far too crowded, so Emilia had chosen this less popular one to spend the day outside soaking up the sun. She was usually so pale that people might need to put on sunglasses to look at her when she went outside, and she wanted to at least try to do something about that before her big public debut as a serious trainer during the upcoming tournament. Keo, her partner an Alolan Vulpix, was sound asleep curled up close to Emilia just under the edge of an umbrella's shade. It was hot enough for the fox pokemon without adding the sun's rays. Emilia's drink was sitting on an ice-cold cupholder next to Keo in the shade. The cupholder in question was a Snom by the name of Noms, who had remained dedicated to its duty of remaining still and cold for hours already in the sweltering heat. Or maybe it had simply forgotten about the drink sitting atop its shell and hadn't felt the desire to move in all this time. What exactly went on behind Noms' unblinking stare was an enigma to all.

Emilia let out an annoyed sigh upon hearing Zilla starting some sort of ruckus in the distance. "Sonnet, go see what that idiot is doing, if you would." The Primarina stretched out across a towel next to Emilia let out an annoyed sigh at being asked to get up from its own sunbathing, but Emi was her trainer so Sonnet sat up and lifted its large sunglasses to search for the offending dinosaur. There he was, surprisingly far into the water considering he couldn't swim. He must have taken a walk along the bottom chasing a Krabby or something and forgotten which way shore was. Sonnet was amazed that such a stupid creature had once been the apex predator... on land at least. Everyone knew swimming pokemon were smarter anyway. And speaking of stupid predators, Zilla was currently attempting to eat a Mantine that must have swam too close. Sonnet let out a panicked shout and used Aqua Jet to launch herself from the beach to the waterline and disappear below the water.

Laying right next to Sonnet on the beach, Emilia was well within the splash zone of that Aqua Jet and found herself suddenly soaked. Keo got wet as well, but the fox just whined and used Freeze-Dry to flash-freeze the water to snow, which was much more comfortable, before snuggling back into sleep. Emi jumped up ready to pick a fight with her mother's pokemon, but reconsidered after seeing the same thing Sonnet had in the distance. Now her annoyance was back to being directed at Zilla.

Sonnet hit Zilla with Aqua Jet to get the brute's attention and then Disarming Voice and Hyper Voice to try and convince him to drop the Mantine in his mouth. Thankfully he was more or less still playing around, or was just stupid enough to be trying to swallow the Mantine whole. Thankfully the Mantine was too big for that and Zilla hadn't gotten annoyed enough to actually use his massive jaws to crush his chew toy. Those teeth crunched through stone and metal as easily Emi's when she crunched on ice cubes to threaten Noms. But it was only a matter of time before Zilla forgot to play gently and just bit down. Sonnet could usually handle the uncontrollable dinosaur, but this situation was a bit trickier. If she put him to sleep or knocked him out he'd fall back down into the water and could drown... and she wasn't strong enough to drag the massive dinosaur back to shore. How could she handle this?

Something came flying through the air and smacked Zilla on the side of his head. The dinosaur roared, annoyed, opening its jaws just enough for the caught Mantine to escape by shooting a well-timed Hydro Pump down the monster's throat. Zilla was soaked inside and out now, and furious. He turned to see what had attacked him. A tiny white face was staring up at him from the water, the rest of its body encased in ice and bobbing up and down with the waves. It was Noms. Emi was standing back on the shore with her arms crossed glaring at Zilla. Her last two pokemon, a Hattrem and Mawile - Gloss and Chow respectively - were high-fiving next to her. The one that had thrown Noms all the way to smack Zilla was probably one of them. Sonnet didn't think Emi was hiding such impressive athletic ability.

Zilla roared down at the inexpressive ice-bug, which simply replied by using Powder Snow to freeze the waterlogged dinosaur. Noms probably considered this revenge for all the teething Zilla had used it for... assuming Noms had such complex thoughts. Sonnet shook her head. One crisis dealt with. She swam over to the unfortunate Mantine, but it was already healing itself with Aqua Ring and swimming back to its group, the Mantyke reemerging from hiding as well. That just left the human who'd been close to the incident. Sonnet popped up from the water next to him and motioned a 'sorry about all that' with her fin, then darting off to go retrieve Noms before the riptide found him. She'd have to come back to figure out what to do with Zilla... or maybe he could just stay here as a permanent landmark? Here lies an annoying dinosaur - do not thaw. That sounded like a wonderful plan. Emi would never agree to it though. For some unfathomable reason she actually cared about that dumb brute enough to put up with him after every incident he caused. Even now Sonnet could see Emi impatiently waiting on the shore ready to say, "Now go back and get Zilla too!"

Interactions: Phayne Phayne (Alon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back