• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon and the Infinite Mystery Dungeon

Discord or RPN? Gijinka or fully Pokemon?

• Discord only

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • RPN only

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • RPN for the rp, Discord for OOC

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Gijinka

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Fully Pokemon

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Pokemon and the Infinite Mystery Dungeon

It's been on the maps for about a month now. The supposed "endless" mystery dungeon named Infinite Chasm. Preliminary explorations of the dungeon confirmed it went over ninety-nine floors deep, but the full extent of its depths have yet to be recorded.

That was, until the world famous guild "Ethereal Dusk" announced their upcoming expedition into Infinite Chasm, with the mission goal of finding the end.

In this rp, you will play as a member of the guild Ethereal Dusk on their expedition into Infinite Chasm. Broken into teams of four, you and your partners will delve as far as you can into the dungeon, camping in the dungeon as needed and generally doing all you can to survive deep within a mystery dungeon. The rp will be heavily choice- and character-based, and I expect at least a paragraph per post.

This rp can either feature the characters as regular Pokemon, or as humanoid Pokemon "gijinkas". Either way, your characters will be Pokemon and have Pokemon abilities. I'll be leniant on backstories and personalities, as well as character species, but do know that if you choose to play a Legendary or Mythical Pokemon, you're going to be up against harder enemies than other teams. You'll present a risk to your team by drawing in stronger enemies than your team can face.

We can also station this rp on Discord, if we'd like, as breaking up the teams into separate chats that's read only for everyone except the team rp'ers and gms. On the down side, there's Discord's character limit as well as a lack of coding.

Ultimately, it's up to you guys. Poll above if you want to do gijinka or normal Pokemon, and if you want to stay on RPN or use Discord.

Man, you can't get enough of the Pocket Monsters can you? Ha, fine by me. I can help out with this if you'd like.

Thanks!

Haha the one I made last night was kind of just rambling at 4am for me, but this one's kind of prettier and more structured? I guess?

An Eternal Dungeon is very ambiguous, though. I am curious as to how a plot will develop with it.

Count me in ^_^ I'm already in the middle of a PMD rp with a friend so I'm in the perfect mood for this.

Last edited:
Really? That's too bad, I guess I'll have to start my own that's focused on trainers. Anyone interested in that?

Really? That's too bad, I guess I'll have to start my own that's focused on trainers. Anyone interested in that?

Please don't advertise your own role play in my interest check. That's really impolite.

Also, Mystery Dungeons are specific to the Pokemon-only universe, so if you try making a trainer-based Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, you're gonna have to specify that you're using trainers, not Pokemon.

Yup this is still open! Join the discord. I'm currently going through life issues, so it'll be a while before the threads come up, but jump in and talk for a bit if you want!
Umm... Sorry if this is a noob question, but... How do I do that...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back