• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: An Alolan Adventure

Lulidew

evil is good
Bloody_Death Bloody_Death
As dawn breaks in Iki town, Toby was already wide awake and ready to begin his journey. He wouldn't normally wake up this early, but today was an exception because it was a special day - it was the day he could finally set off on his own pokemon journey, alongside his friend Pikipek that he had grown up together with. His mom was also awake to see him off, and also nag about all the dangers a 10 year old should look out for.

"Alright, alright! I got it mom! I won't take candies from any random strangers. Who do you take me for, a kid?" Toby snapped.

"Toby, it's that arrogance of yours that's going to get you into trouble some day! And yes, you are still a kid!" His mom replied, however it seems that her warnings had fell on deaf ears as he continued wolfing down his breakfast of bacon and eggs.

Upon opening the door, he was greeted with the chirping of Pikipeks and screeching of various insects from the forests around the town. The sky was still mostly dark, with the sun just rising from the horizon. He took a minute to take in the sight of the village he grew in. It was going to be a long time before he would return, and he was sure he would soon be missing it in time to come.

After saying his final goodbyes to his mom, he grabbed his bag and headed for route 1. Along the way, he walked past Layton's house, whom he heard was also about to begin his journey today.

"Hmm, I wonder if he's even awake by now? Oh well, guess that's a headstart for me!" He pondered to himself, before walking off. So far, he only greeted Layton with a "Hello" from time to time and never really gotten to know him yet. After all, Layton was from the city and was sort of new to the town.

Early mornings was never never Laytons thing. He normally stayed up far too late to even hope to wake up with the sun. And today wasn't an exception. He even tried to sleep early but ended up waking up late anyway! No matter. This is why Mareep was here! Everytime he overslept his little sheep friend was here to give him a little static shock to wake him up! It never hurt but is always proved to jolt him awake.

"Mareeppp..." Layton groaned out tiredly as he lightly tried to push the sheep away. He kept rubbing up against his hair and making it stick up everywhere. It wasn't until he heard his dad call out from him from downstairs. "Ahh! I overslept again!" He exclaimed while quickly sitting up. He then entered a little rush mode. Making his bed, cleaning up, dressing up, and checking to make sure he had all the things he needed in his bag before heading downstairs with a little sheep trotting down behind him.

As he arrived downstairs he was greeted with a nice breakfast sandwich! Along with some packed lunch. He took his food and sat down at the table with his parents. "Old habits never change, huh? What would you even do without Mareep." His mother lightly teased as she tried to smoothed down her son's messy hair despite his little protest.

"I really tried this time, Ma." Layton huffed between meals. Causing the two parents to chuckle. He had just finished his breakfast when he noticed Toby heading up Route 1 from the living room window. How was he already out and going this early!?

It wasn't long till he was ready to go himself. He placed the packed lunch into his bag with other various things before smiling up at his parents. "You go and take care of yourself, okay? And don't forget to write from time to time." His mother spoke while crouching down to hug the boy.

"Make sure you look out for him too, Mareep." The father mused while patting the sheep. Getting a small static shock from the wool.

"Me and Mareep will be fine." He spoke confidently while giving his parents one last hug. After the goodbyes he was off! The sun was just peeking over the horizon. Iki town was always a nice place to look at.

He glanced towards Route 1. Wondering if he could still see Toby. But he was already out of view. He personally thought it would be nice to travel with him...but he didn't really know him too well. Wasn't sure how to ask. He's heard that he and his mom have been living here all his life. He wondered how he felt about seeing the rest of the region.

No matter- he had to catch up with him! He wouldn't let him get too far ahead! "Come on Mareep. We gotta catch up to that guy!" He said with a small cheer as the two ran towards Route 1.

According to Toby's mom, the first destination to head for was the Hau'oli Outskirts south of route 1, to meet up with professor Kukui and obtain a pokedex as well as an island challenge amulet. However, there were plenty of wild pokemon along the way and Toby couldn't resist the temptation of battling his very first pokemon. He scanned the grass near him and spotted a weak looking Caterpie, happily chewing away on some leaf. This wouldn't take long, he thought to himself with an evil grin on his face, while rubbing his hands gleefully.

"Alright Pikipek, it's time for your first battle! Use peck on that innocent looking Caterpie!" Toby ordered Pikipek, who was currently perched on top of his shoulder. Seeing how off guard the Caterpie was, Pikipek felt pity for it and couldn't bring itself to go battle it. After all, who's gonna take care of a fainted Caterpie in the middle of nowhere? As such, he simply looked away and pretended not to hear anything.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and beat him up while he's not suspecting anything!" Toby whined. Pikipek, annoyed at how shameless he was being, started pecking at Toby's head instead. "AHH! Stop that you stupid bird! Your supposed to battle him, not me!" Toby swatted at Pikipek, trying to get back at it. However he was too nimble for Toby to do anything about it. "You get back here!" He screamed while chasing Pikipek, who seemed to be having fun itself watching him run around while he chased after him in circles.

Layton wasn't all that sure what he was supposed to do. But his parents told him to meet with professor Kukui! And since Toby was heading in this direction, all he could assume that this was the way that he should go. Layton ran for a bit, with Mareep running by his side...but eventually, he got tired. So they decided to just walk the rest of the way. They weren't in that much of a rush. And apparently, neither was Toby since the two spotted him running around with his Pikipek.

Layton watched the boy and his pokemon for a bit before turning his attention to all the pokemon in the grass. "It looks like they are having fun, Mareep." He hummed while waving at some of the Caterpies that seemed to be enjoying a nice breakfast before head on their merry ways. He didn't really want to battle wild pokemon unless they attacked first or he wanted to catch one! But he didn't have any pokeballs at the moment. Maybe they can pick some up when they reach the professor! He turned his attention back to Toby and chased after him a bit. "Toby..!" He called out trying to be heard over the screaming he was doing so he could catch his attention. He was supposed to be following him since he had no idea where they were supposed to go!

"GET BACK HERE YOU -" Toby paused as he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. Upon noticing Layton, he glared at his Pikipek. There goes the headstart he had planned for. "Erm... Hi Layton! I guess we could go to the professor's lab together, now that you've caught up. I was just uh... doing some warmups chasing Pikipek around! It's going to be a looong day ahead."

When Toby finally stopped chasing his pokemon and looked at him he smiled a bit. He even asked to go see the professor together! How great! "Really? Thank you, Toby!" He hummed before laughing a bit. "Warming up? I thought you two were playing tag. Me and Mareep play tag a lot right?" He asked while picking up his fluffy sheep friend. "It's great exercise for him- ACK!" He teased but soon received a little shock in retaliation from the pokemon and promptly set the sheep back on the ground before trying to smooth his hair out. It was already really fluffy! And Mareep's static just keeps making it stick up! "Um. Lead the way Toby! We will be right behind you."

"Alright, but you better not slow me down like Pikipek here!" Toby growled at Pikipek. He then took notice of Mareep, a pokemon not usually from there. "Wow! What a cute fluffball!" Even after seeing Layton getting an mild electric shock by Mareep, Toby still felt a strong temptation to rub his face in the fluffy wool. Toby shook his head. "Nono, that can wait till later or we'll be stuck here all day!"

Luckily there weren't many troublesome pokemon in route 1 that had gotten in their way. Most of them had just woken and weren't in the mood for battle. As such, the two of them made safely their way alongside their pokemon to the professor's lab south of route 1.

"Wow, this is it. The day we recieve a pokedex..." Before entering, Toby paused and admired the lab before them. "Have you decided on a starter pokemon yet?" He asked Layton.

"Hmph! We won't slow you down at all." Layton said with a small pout that quickly went away when Mareep was brought up. Smiling when his pokemon was called cute. "Mareep is really cute." He agreed as the small sheep hopped around happily at the compliment. "Your Pikipek is very cute too! Even if it seems like he is a trouble maker." He pointed out while looking up at the bird.

"Eh?! Do what later?" He asked at Toby's random outburst but followed after him as they headed down the route. It was really relaxing just heading down the route and not really having to worry about pokemon attacking them.

When they reached the lab he smiled up at the building. To think they were finally going to be start in their journeys! "The pokedex always seem so cool! I wonder if they are different than the ones in Unova." He asked aloud before looking at Toby. "Which one?" He pondered while crossing his arms. "I'm still not really sure. They all seem so cute. I am leaning towards Rowlet I think. How about you Toby?" He asked while going to stand beside him, lightly peeking into the lab every now and then.

"I guess you're right, they are all equally cute that it's hard to decide. But, I'm gonna pass on it. From now on, I'm only gonna use normal types, the most boring type of all!" Pikipek, who didn't appreciate being called boring, started pecking at Toby again. "ACK! Okay let's get going before this crazy Pikipek kills me- hey, cut it out!"

Upon opening the doors to the lab, Toby found that it seemed more like a house than a lab. To the left was a TV in front of a green couch, and beside that was the professor's own kitchen. Up ahead was a mini fish tank, with Luvdisc and Corsola swimmimg about. There were other pokemon walking around the lab too, like Rockruff and Stufful. There was also a ladder to the second floor and a staircase leading down, probably to the actual lab itself as the professor happened to walk up the stairs after hearing someone enter his lab.

"Oh, you two must be the new trainers starting your journey today. Well, that's what I've been informed by your parents."

Layton was a bit surprised that Toby wasn't going to choose a starter pokemon. He wanted a whole normal type team but didn't seem to even like those types of pokemon! He thought about asking Toby what he would want that but started laughing when the Pikipek pecked at his trainer. "You shouldn't insult your pokemon like that then." He pointed out jokingly as he followed the other inside the lab.

He awed when they finally entered the lab. He smiled at the pokemon walking around. Waving at them happily as he let his eyes wander around the building. He has heard a bit about the professor. But wasn't sure where he even lived! He wasn't even sure if he has ever seen him before! At the sound of someone walking up the stairs, he quickly turned his attention to that. Watching the man as he approached. He gave a nod when he pointed out that they were both starting their journey today. "Yeah...! That is us." He replied. He was always got a bit shy around adults he didn't know too well.

"Don't be shy, come here and take these for your journey." The professor handed the duo their personal rotom dex. "Oh, and you would also need these if you want to participate in the island trials." He took out an amulet full of various coloured triangles, with a yellow outline surrounding each triangle. What a peculiar design, Toby thought to himself. "And you could use these along your journey." As if he hadn't gave them enough items, there were 5 free pokeballs on top of that.

"Okay, let's head downstairs for now. That's where the pokeballs for the starter pokemon are kept." Professor said.

"Actually I'm good with just Pikipek as my starter."

"Oh! In that case you can wait here I guess. After we are done I will show a demonstration on catching pokemon." The professor then lead Layton downstairs.

Right in front of the stairs was Kukui's personal gym area, fitted with a punching bag and dumbbell. That would explain how his body was so in shape. Next to the gym area was a container of 3 pokeballs, and beside that was a large digital screen and a pc atop a table. Probably where he did his research. On the opposite end of the room, bookshelves lined the walls.

"In that container right there is where you would find the 3 starters. The leftmost is Litten, followed by Popplio in the middle and lastly Rowlet on the right." The professor waved his hand towards the container.

Layton approached the professor and looked at the rotem dex he was handed. It looked so cool! He didn't get a chance to admire it for long as his attention was now on the amulet he was given. With a smile, he quickly put it on and looked at Mareep. "Does it look good on me?" He asked his pokemon with a hum before perking up at the pokeballs they were gifted. "Woah...thank you, professor." He cheered while setting the pokeballs in his bag.

He glanced at Toby. He really was serious about having an only normal type team! But why? He only offered Toby a wave as he followed the Professor down the stairs. Mareep trailed closely behind the two. He looked curiously at the gym that was set up down here before looking at the container with pokeballs. There were so many things here! A gym and a lab together? He must never get bored here!

He stood beside the professor before looking closer at the container. Smiling at the three choices he had. Looking between the three balls, he finally settled for the one on the right. In the end, he wanted to have Rowlet as his starter. "I wanna choose Rowlet, Professor." He smiled while looking back up at him.

Back upstairs, there was actually someone currently occupying the 2nd floor of the building. A girl, looking to be slightly older than Toby and Layton with a white dress and blond hair, peered down from her little loft area as one of the kids headed downstairs into the lab with the professor. Every now and then she would seem to be talking to someone. Yet there was no one up there but herself.

"Did you hear that?" Toby asked Pikipek.

"Piki- pek!" The bird responded by nodding towards the ladder leading to the upper floor. A white figure seemed to vanish from sight as Toby took a glance.

"Hey, no need to be shy! Come down and introduce yourself!" Toby grinned from ear to ear, welcoming her with open arms. Lillie, the girl on the second floor, peeked out a little at the stranger. Seeing that she had little choice in the matter, and not wanting to come off as rude, she sighed and decided to head down with her Cosmog. And Cosmog, who was curious in meeting the guests all this while, was glad that she finally stopped holding him back from meeting them.

"Umm... H... hi there... my name is Lillie, and this is Cosmog." She glanced at Cosmog, who was floating by her side.

"Nice to meet you Lillie! I'm Toby. Wow! Is that a rare pokemon or something? It looks so out of this world! It's made up of many twinkly stars, and it's even floating." As Toby spoke, he circled around them, examining the strange pokemon Cosmog from various angles. "This got to be some alien from outer space!"

"Hey! You can't just go around calling other people's pokemon an alien!" Lillie snapped at the insensitive boy.

"Wah?! Nono, I didn't mean it that way! I mean it's a lot cooler looking than birdie here." Upon hearing this, Pikipek pecked Toby on the head yet again. Cosmog didn't seem to mind as Toby said it looked cool, and even laughed at Toby getting pecked by Pikipek. Lillie, on the other hand, shook her head as she started having regrets going down to meet this peculiar kid.

Last edited:
The professor chuckled at Layton and motioned to the Pokeball containing Rowlet. "Go for it! You're free to take any starter you want." The man encouraged. Grinning happily as the boy took the Pokeball. "You're free to let him out here. I'm sure your friend would be happy to meet him." The professor spoke while leading the kid back up the stairs. When they arrived he was quite surprised to see Lillie had come down to talk to Toby.

Layton was smiling at his new pokemon but soon glanced at the new girl who suddenly showed up. "Who's that?" He questioned before looking at the cosmog. He's never seen a pokemon like that before!

"This is my assistant Lillie." Kukui introduced. "I'm glad you already seem to be getting along." He hummed, a bit oblivious to what just happened to the two.

Layton made his way to Toby and Lillie. "Um. It's nice to meet you Lillie. I'm Layton. And this is Mareep." He motioned to his sheep friend who did a small 'Baa' to the girl. "Oh! I almost forgot about this guy." He tossed Rowlet's pokeball to let him out! The small owl landed on the ground and looked up at everyone a bit confused. The little birdy really was cute! Mareep was the first to approach his new traveling companion. Sniffing the bird as if to try and get to know him!

"Yeah! We are getting along just fine!" Toby chuckled, while Lillie frowned at him. However, seeing how Cosmog was already over it, she shook her head, deciding not to pursue the matter any further.

Seeing yet another stranger, she was beginning to feel nervous all over again. "N... nice to meet you too, Layton." Her eyes widened upon seeing the sheep, flinching a little as it made a 'Baa'. "This is Cosmog..." Lillie timidly held up Cosmog in her arms.

"Whoa, so that's Rowlet!" Toby looked at the pokemon in awe. It definitely seemed a lot more normal than Cosmog. Could that pokemon be some sort of legendary perhaps? Nono, there's no way! Anyway, there was no time to lose. Toby was super excited for the journey ahead, and he couldn't take idling about. "Well, now that we're done here, shall we get going then?"

Layton raised a brow at Toby's statement but the professor seemed to be all for it. He gave a smile to the girl before chuckling a bit when the girl seemed startled by the sheep. "Don't sorry! Mareep is very nice." He mused before waving at cosmog. "It's nice to meet you too cosmog." He greeted.

Rowelt spun around trying to see everyone. Which lead him to getting dizzy and falling over. So cute! "Oh yeah. We got to get moving." Layton agreed while calling rowlet back to his pokeball and nodding at Toby.

"You boys both ready? The first trial is right on route 2. So it's close. But make sure you two prepare well for it." He encouraged the two.

"Okay. Thank you professor." Layton hummed while getting ready to head out. "Are you ready?" He asked Toby before looking at Lillie. Wondering what she was gonna do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back