• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon - A journey (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
This is going to sound dumb, but I'm still fairly new to the site so hopefully, it's forgivable. How do I find the code for the character sheet?

I did it like this: I quoted the first message, deleted the ([ quote ]) and the part at the top and tada, you have the code

I have a hard time reading the text due to color and your pic is cut off norway norway . Is this just due to me being on pc? :thinking: If this is the case, do you mind if I just put my basic info without the coding?

Also I see quite a few sheets with fully evolved pokemon and some with fresh starters, what exactly is the rule on pokemon? Are we allowed to have fully evolved teams or are we all starting off as new trainers? Just to have a sort of direction.

Hey guys. I have been gone for a while and completely forgot about mobile friendly code, it looked fine on my phone so I figured it would be alright but I'll just veto the code for now and we can post basic sheets in terms if code.

Secondly, no one should be posting characters yet! Very happy with the enthusiasm but we shouldn't be posting characters until we have an actual story for them to go along with, agreed? We have yet to discuss if we want newly starting trainers, or ones that are experienced, or advanced, etc.

In terms of plot and regions, that's what I invited you all here for so we can discuss(:

We can do this is any region, I personally would prefer one like Alola that is newer, has more to do and includes all regional pokemon to whatever degree, but its open for discussion.

In terms of plot, I don't have one. I was thinking we could make this a journey with possible quest lines and light dice elements (very simple, just enough to keep things based more on luck that just writing) that would pose a small challenge in terms of item gathering, berry quantities, wild pokemon appearances/catch rate, and pokemon battle damages etc.

Other than that, I do not have a story ready. We could all just be starting out, but those tend to die really quick so we'd have to find a way to keep things interesting. We could also be lightly experienced trainers who are brought together by some sort of trouble/antagonist and then spend the story trying to solve things and help people affected by whatevers going on.

I dont know. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

norway norway I'm not familiar with the alola region,but if you can flesh out the environments which we will be rping in through pictures and description, I can make due wherever we are. And I wouldn't mind a story akin to the pokemon special manga, which are rather short stories of each region that usually end with a conflict involving legendaries and a threat to the world/region.

and starting off as experience trainers can work(I've done it before), but you'll need to supply the conflict and story to retain interest. But be careful about the dice stuff so it doesn't become a text based pokemon game. It gets stressful and can be confusing at times. But is rewarding when it works. (:

Edit:
was an ugly emoji **shivers**

I have a suggestion for plot as I have seen and been in alot of Pokemon rps. I always like to create characters that are orginals might I sugesst a plot.

A few professors were studying some ancient ruins on poni island when an earthquake struck. The professors were knocked out and when they came to they noticed all the legendary were different they seemed angry at them. The legendary attacked the professors and they ran from them.

The project on poni island with the ruins was shut down and the professors chose a group of trainers to travel to the ruins to see why the legendary were angry at them.

Whoops, my apologies jumping the gun there regarding the character sheets. I thought it was a bit strange people were adding bios when we didn't have a plot yet, guess it would have paid off to just wait another day. I'm happy to edit my character to fit whatever plot we end up choosing.

I have a suggestion for plot as I have seen and been in alot of Pokemon rps. I always like to create characters that are orginals might I sugesst a plot.

A few professors were studying some ancient ruins on poni island when an earthquake struck.
First I'd like to know is what were these ruins? Was it an ancient super race like Atlantis or bunch of pagan tribes who performed ritualistic sacrifices for the gods? What is the extent of the ruins? Is it like stonehenge or are we talking castles, destroyed towns like pompei with encased people? What is the significance of the ruins? We need to connect their fate to the pokemon in such a manner that it is interesting but more to the point, it has MEANING. Perhaps their fate is symbolic or maybe a punishment from the gods.

What caused the quake? Why does it need to be a quake in particular?
The professors were knocked out and when they came to they noticed all the legendary were different they seemed angry at them. The legendary attacked the professors and they ran from them.
Maybe instead of it being them knocked out due to the quake, perhaps it be knocked out due to a legendary saving them on a whim from an angrier bastard. Or tean rocket kidnapping them. It makes no sense for the legends to wait for them to wake up, unless the legends didn't want to communicate with them and wanted to shoo them away.
The project on poni island with the ruins was shut down and the professors chose a group of trainers to travel to the ruins to see why the legendary were angry at them.
Not knowing if the gods are angry is fine, but what isn't fine is sending trainers alone. It should be a big misguided expedition that looks stupid in hindsight, but gives people hope due to the all the resources and gear being put into the project. only to fall apart due to human arrogance.
Here's my input. I'm not the gm, so I won't go further than this. I'll continue to contribute to the conversation,but I don't want to get too wrapped up in all the possibilities. :3

Adding on to what firestorm firestorm said, maybe our characters could be like a group of detectives, architects, and scientists -maybe some assistants to the former for those who aren’t sure what they wanna do with their characters. So that way we can be experienced trainers but also have a bit of a career background to match our standings.

They were all hired on to investigate these ruins, research who/what exactly lived there before it’s collapse, and record any data on pokemon that could still be living in the area. Each with their own personal goals in mind- maybe a few treasure hunters or pokemon poachers hidden in our ranks which could help drive the plot forward and add a bit of conflict between the group and the legendaries occupying the area.

Just a rough idea though, I’ll need more coffee for future attempts.

Edit: I was thinking maybe an international police sort of deal, a good reference would be Looker for those of you who aren’t all caught up in the games/series.

Last edited:
Hello! I saw the interest check, and was wondering if I could join?

Yes of course (:

firestorm firestorm Arael Arael

Love it. If everyone is in favor, i would definitely like to do this or at least something very similar. We could have a mixed group of titles, just like Arael said, which gives everyone some variety in terms of what they want to be. I think I'll also include just experienced trainers, for the sake of protection? But also architects, scientists, police officers/agents, assistants, and then poachers/hunters That are in disguise or whatever.

Bacon is fluffy Bacon is fluffy thanks a bunch for the feedback. I definitely plan to keep dice light but I do indeed want to incorporate it for the sake of challenge.

Thanks guys for all the collaborative effort. We could always set up a new area as well if you guys would like? Do some light world building, like a huge area off the coast of the regions or something. Maybe an undiscovered "region" or more like an island. I like the idea of professors possibly having gone missing there as well, and each of us know a/the professors in our own way and came to help? Lol maybe?

Whoops, my apologies jumping the gun there regarding the character sheets. I thought it was a bit strange people were adding bios when we didn't have a plot yet, guess it would have paid off to just wait another day. I'm happy to edit my character to fit whatever plot we end up choosing.
Hey no worries youre fine! (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back