• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon | δ | Team Delta [Interest Check] ACCEPTING

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm looking to see who would be interested in joining a Pokemon RP set in the time after an evil team has risen to power and successfully taken over the world. This group has destroyed and dismantled everything that people take for granted about the pokemon world. They appeared wielding a new and terrible power that turned the best trained of pokemon against their trainers, and over the next few years every powerful trainer that could have resisted was systematically crushed by the group's absolute power.

The basis of the RP would be the struggle against this seemingly all-powerful evil team. While I have a lot of material to use to create the entire setting and story if need be, I want the people that will be participating in the RP to help create the plot how they want. So if you're interested just say so and get some ideas tossing around. I'll throw out some more information once a few people show interest or want to know more.

It's worth mentioning that this RP will have more mature content. It could become very dark at times, and bad things can and will happen on occasion. I hope the lighter parts balance it out, but I can't guarantee anything.

4afde3bbd0ce4ec3f9ba0f750913b9af.png

c67c39ebff2e413fe81e055fac8039e0.png

Last edited:
Seems like my kind of rp. I love dark themed rps :)

Pokémon, but I would probably be evil.
I'm not opposed to letting someone play as a Pokemon, but things would be very difficult for them. The technology used by the bad guys basically mind controls Pokemon, and it's permanent. So one encounter and your character would basically be dead as far as you using them.

If I was at my computer I'd put up an infodump on the evil team and the world, but I'm not about to type all that from my phone.

No Pokémon is immune correct?
As of the start of the story the technology is still not fully functional. It cannot control legendaries yet, but it does cause them incredible pain, and Pokemon with strong bonds to their trainer show some degree of resistance. Bonds of such strength are not typical however, and multiple exposures can overpower this resistance.

I'm looking to see who would be interested in joining a Pokemon RP set in the time after an evil team has risen to power and successfully taken over the world. This group has destroyed and dismantled everything that people take for granted about the pokemon world. They appeared wielding a new and terrible power that turned the best trained of pokemon against their trainers, and over the next few years every powerful trainer that could have resisted was systematically crushed by the group's absolute power.

The basis of the RP would be the struggle against this seemingly all-powerful evil team. While I have a lot of material to use to create the entire setting and story if need be, I want the people that will be participating in the RP to help create the plot how they want. So if you're interested just say so and get some ideas tossing around. I'll throw out some more information once a few people show interest or want to know more.

It's worth mentioning that this RP will have more mature content. It could become very dark at times, and bad things can and will happen on occasion. I hope the lighter parts balance it out, but I can't guarantee anything.
So then judging by your premise, all the gym leaders/ elite four/ or any other governing body/ police force would have been largely incapacitated. Are there any remaining branches of resistance which our characters would be joining, or would they be fighting as individuals only to band together as time goes on?

Also, is there an explanation for the source of said evil team's ability to hijack a trainer's Pokemon? Is it perhaps based on the work of previous evil syndicates such as Team Cypher from Coliseum? I'm definitely interested in joining the RP, and would be glad to help bounce ideas around and such ^.^

Okay, I think I have an idea of a Pokémon I want to be.

How would a Pokémon fusion fair against it?

So like, are our pokemon immune to their control because their brains have some rebel reverse engineered super secret futuristic mechanical brain implant?

Like this:

-snip-
There are no fusions at this time, but if there were they would be just as vulnerable to being controlled as any other Pokemon.

So like, are our pokemon immune to their control because their brains have some rebel reverse engineered super secret futuristic mechanical brain implant?
Who said anything about being immune? Losing to the bad guys, and losing your Pokemon to the bad guys, is something that will happen.

So then judging by your premise, all the gym leaders/ elite four/ or any other governing body/ police force would have been largely incapacitated. Are there any remaining branches of resistance which our characters would be joining, or would they be fighting as individuals only to band together as time goes on?

Also, is there an explanation for the source of said evil team's ability to hijack a trainer's Pokemon? Is it perhaps based on the work of previous evil syndicates such as Team Cypher from Coliseum? I'm definitely interested in joining the RP, and would be glad to help bounce ideas around and such ^.^
To answer your first part, yes they are all more or less powerless against the evil team. There are still groups that resist though, such as the remnants of the Pokemon League led by Blue, or a few stragglers from Plasma led by N, along with some others.

As for your second part, also yes. You more or less hit the nail on the head, though sprinkle in some Ranger capture styler for good measure.

I'm back at my computer now, so I'll put together some information about the setting and team to post.

Here's the quick synopsis of the story right now:

Set XX years after the events of Sun and Moon (timeline is currently being ironed out), an organization calling itself Team Delta has done what every other group failed: they've taken over the world. With a terrifying new technology called StarBurst, they can take over the minds of any pokemon on a whim, even through pokeballs. Trainers are left powerless. Most Gym leaders and Elite Four members surrendered in the hopes that their pokemon might be spared, and most of those that fought back are now dead or presumed dead. Soldiers rose up to replace them. Weapons and technology are almost always preferred to a team of pokemon at your side. You can at least trust a weapon.

StarBurst technology takes the form of an energy weapon, most often contained in a gauntlet wore by Team Delta members. When used, a beam of light shoots from the gauntlet, and any pokemon struck is quickly dominated. The beam can be controlled by its caster to encircle targets as well, which is most often used on trainers to destroy and pokeballs they may have on them and take the pokemon inside. Only Legendary pokemon, or those with a very strong life-long bond to a human can hope to resist a hit from a StarBurst. The more pokemon a trainer has, the more thin their bond with them is spread. The few trainers left in the world usually only have one or two pokemon to stay under Team Delta's radar.

Then I'm not understanding the mind control dilemma then. Can you give me the 411 on that?
What exactly do you want me to clarify? Team Delta has the ability to mind control pokemon, which explains how they were able to succeed where every other evil group failed in a world so reliant on pokemon for every aspect of daily life.

What exactly do you want me to clarify? Team Delta has the ability to mind control pokemon, which explains how they were able to succeed where every other evil group failed in a world so reliant on pokemon for every aspect of daily life.
Exactly that, how do they mind control other Pokémon?

Seems pretty cool.

How accurate are these gauntlets? Is it a thing where if a pokemon keeps its distance and takes cover it can be hard to actually hit them? or does it have some kind of auto targeting?

Also what's the state of the other teams like rocket and magma?

Exactly that, how do they mind control other Pokémon?
By using a combination of technologies taken from other groups (Cipher and Ranger tech was the base), as well as the group's founders being among the most brilliant minds to come out of Celadon University. The basic premise is pretty much shadow pokemon but refined to be permanent and portable.

Seems pretty cool.

How accurate are these gauntlets? Is it a thing where if a pokemon keeps its distance and takes cover it can be hard to actually hit them? or does it have some kind of auto targeting?

Also what's the state of the other teams like rocket and magma?
The StarBurst technology takes different forms, but the common types are generally avoidable. Skill with the tech varies from user to user, so while one grunt might not be able to hit the broad side of a Wailord, another might be sniping Yanma out of the air. And you'd still have to be on guard for special models of the tech that might be less easily dodged, but that wouldn't be something a grunt would be likely to carry around.

I'm hard at work on the timeline now. Once work on that is wrapped up I'm also working on the established characters, which should touch on the other teams. Given when things happened on the canon timeline though, the events of gens one and three would be at least 10 years ago, maybe closer to 15... I need to see where that would put characters' ages around.

I am quite interested in this. Especially if I might be able to play a bad guy. I have a character that would fit in really well with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back