• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokélure: Interest Check

CloudySkyLoftyMoon

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Overview​

The World of Pokemon is one that needs no introduction but what would it really be like to live in the world of these majestic beasts? Given everything that exists in Pokemon lore—from movies to games to manga, fan games, and even more—what would a singular world encompassing all these even look like? How could so many different canons even co-exist?

The answer is rather simple—Ultra Space! A vast inter-dimensional area that connects various worlds through Ultra Wormholes! These cross-dimensional wormholes can and will be used as a means to connect the greater Pokê-Multiverse and even some beloved fan-made additions.

The RP is set eight (8) years after the events of Sword/Shield and the 'main'-verse of the Rp will follow the canon events of the main series and side series games (Such as Pokémon Ranger & Conquest) since they're the least complex and likely the most well-known. However, since the games by themselves are a bit lacking in world-building we will also use the anime as a source of reference for fleshing out the world.

Game Timeline​

FRLG/ORAS > 3 years > HGSS/Platinum > 2 years > BW > 2 years > BW2/XY > 2 years > USUM/SwSh > 8 years > RP Start

Rules​

1. You have almost complete freedom with how your OC is created as long as it is proper and reasonable, with. a few exceptions.
    • Your OC cannot be a 'Regional Champion'. e.g. Lance, Cynthia, Leon, Iris.
    • Psychics, Aura Users, etc. are allowed but have to start out new to their abilities.
  2. Cross-Regional Travel is permitted and encouraged.
  3. As you might've already guessed fake/fan-made regions and Pokemon are allowed, so long as they're well-created. I'd like to see maps, base stats, move pools, and the works before I approve any fakemon/regions. If they're gonna be in RP I want them to be decently fleshed out at the least.
  4. A monetary system will be in play, please keep track of the amount of money your OC has on them as money can and will be used to purchase many useful items.
  5. Technical Records (TRs) & Technical Machines (TMs) will exist independently. Technical Records are single-use while Technical Machines have unlimited usage. Characters can obtain these through purchase or through any number of events that will occur throughout the RP.
    • All TMs/TRs to have ever existed will be available, from Gen 1 up to the latest Gen 9.
    • Since Technical Machines are unlimited they will be much rare and harder to obtain.
  6. With adequate training and writing, Pokémon can tutor each other under the following circumstance:
    • The 'Teacher' learns the move naturally (meaning via level up)
    • The 'Teacher' has learned the move through Move Tutor
    • The 'Teacher' has learned the move through Sketch.
  7. There's an 8-move 'soft' limit. This means that while your pokemon can know more then 8 moves, only 8 of them can be used at 100% efficiency.
    • Moves can be taken from a pokemon's learn set in all generations.
  8. We'll need to keep track of the Location & Date for each character, so please include those in the header of your post.
  9. Have Fun!
    • The Pokemon World is absurdly vast, look through the lore, find fun places to visit and explore, feel free to propose new styles of battle, new events, new anything!
    • There are entire lost civilizations casually mentioned in the anime and never brought up again! You wanna explore them? Go for it!
    • There are ruins literally littered with the Unown who warp reality in large numbers, what sort of crazy labyrinths and puzzles might there be? Go find out!

Please Note!

The Wormhole mentioned in the first post is already connected to a very specific location and it is not meant as a general introduction for all OCs. Your OCs should already be denizens of this world or, if you really want to be 'isekaid', find other means of being brought to the world of pokemon.

For example: Freak teleportation accidents, an encounter with the reality-warping Unown, Reincarnation, etc.

Character Sheet​

Name:
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Coordinator/Battler/Breeder/Ruin-Maniac/etc.):
Physical Appearance:
Clothing: (Optional)
Personality:
Backstory:
Starter:

Pokemon Character Sheet​

Name:
Species:
Nature: (Optional)
Characteristic: (Optional)
Appearance: (Optional)
Moves:

Last edited:
Silly question that I'm just going to ask out of curiosity: would you allow an anthropomorphic/sapient Pokemon as part of the main PC group? Like transformed Mystery Dungeon style or just "I'm really smart" Mewtwo or Alakazam style.

Silly question that I'm just going to ask out of curiosity: would you allow an anthropomorphic/sapient Pokemon as part of the main PC group? Like transformed Mystery Dungeon style or just "I'm really smart" Mewtwo or Alakazam style.
There are no silly questions, ask away!

While I do love the mystery dungeon series and personally consider most pokemon to have a certain base level of intelligence, this RP is definitely meant to be more focused on trainers. However, there are many interesting areas in the anime, like the lost city of Pokélantis, where people can be possessed or the Manaphy movie where people and pokemon can be body-swapped.

So I think that sorta thing could be fun to explore briefly, but I'm not looking for more permanent anthro-type OC.

Is there a literacy limit? Mypost length kinda varies ALOT depending on mood, but i can send a few ao3 fics ive written for writing quality.

I'm pretty new to writing compared to alot of people here (Like, i only really started writing at all when the pandemic started), and im very new to thissite so id need it explained to me lol

Is there a literacy limit? Mypost length kinda varies ALOT depending on mood, but i can send a few ao3 fics ive written for writing quality.

I'm pretty new to writing compared to alot of people here (Like, i only really started writing at all when the pandemic started), and im very new to thissite so id need it explained to me lol
No, I'm not looking for multi-paragraph essays for every single post just no one-liners, to be more specific I'd like to see at least a paragraph.

No, I'm not looking for multi-paragraph essays for every single post just no one-liners, to be more specific I'd like to see at least a paragraph.
Yeah that's fine with me! Could i Pm you to ask some things? Again very new to this site

Name
Adam Wesley

Sexuality
Straight

Ethnicity

Kantonian-Galarian

Birthplace
Wyndon - Galar

Trainer class
Battler

Inventory
-N/A

Money
500 PKD

Skin Tone
White

Height
4'8, Shortypants

Weight
76 Lbs - 34.4 Kg

Hair Color
Rose blonde

Glasses or Contacts
Black-rimmed, rectangle shaped glasses. He can see decently well without them, but could struggle to make things out. His right eye is much less effective than his left, and thusly he has a larger lens on that side

Wardrobe
Adam prefers tight-fitting clothes and pants, usually in darker colours. He usually wears clothing a size below what he'd normally wear to make sure there aren't any folds that would make him look messy, for footwear he'll ussualy go with sneakers of slip-ons that match the rest of his outfit unless the terrain calls for something else. And he dosen't wear hats or gloves unless he needs to

Eye Color
Dusty Blue

Description
"Small" is the first thing that would pop into somebody's head when seeing Adam for the first time. His height alone puts him head and shoulder below the average person when it comes to stature, let alone people who are naturally tall. And his weight and cothing style don't put in much work making up for that
1684886674797.pngFrom Picrew

Family
Adam's extended family is massive, his mother and father from opposite sides of the world, Adam is the second-youngest child of 6. With parents and grandparents that have even more siblings than him, the family is close-knit despite this. And he knows most of his relatives enough to call them close friends. As long as he can split the bill, Adam is nearly always in driving distance of someone who'd let him stay for a while, which is why he finds himself on the island in the first place

Motivation
Adam wants to become a champion, or Gym leader. Simple as that.

Personality
Adam is pretty shy, and has trouble standing up for himself when it comes to strangers due to his side. Though since he has 6 siblings, he is more than ready to scrap with someone for his dignity if he know's them well enough and thinks they won't take it personally. Naturally, he is very self conscious about his height, and would be the happiest if nobody mentioned it

He cares a lot for his Pokemon, often putting their saftey over his own. But that does not stp him from pushing them hard to be the best they can be, he often spends hours alone training his Team.

Even though he's spent his life about half and half between Galar and Kanto, Galarian culture has rubbed off on him alot more, Adam sticking to Galarian customs and overall prefering his time in the region, even if he still loves Kanto

Backstory
Adam was born into a pretty chaotic life, 5 siblings and parents with families on opposite side of the world not leading to much downtime. Every 6 months his parents would move from Kanto to Galar, and same the other way, spending that time with their respective halves of the family, which Adam soon got to know very well.

On one said trip, around Adam's 6th birthday, a flock of pelliper caused a storm, forcing the plane they were on to land in goldenrod airport until they passed on. This, turned out to be longer than expected, and Adam and his family were soon forced to crash at a cousins house. By now, alot of Adams siblings were adult and thus chose to not come, which made everything much more bearable... But the forest connected to the houses backyard always let off a dark Aura.

Like a 6 year old does, Adam decided to explore the forest when nobody was looking, quickly finding himself lost with no pokemon to protect him. This is where he'd find Yanna the Yanma (he was 6 dont judge him too hard for that name), who found the boy crying at the foot of a tree, and started to comfort him instinctively. This came at a good time, since an Ariados had been stalking Adam since he entered the forest, and was poised to attack when Yanna arrived, Yanna defending Adam viciously when it finally attacked... It wasn't going to win, but the sound of Battle led Adam's parents to find him before the Ariados could injure him

From then on, Yanna stuxk around with the Family, quickly becoming Ada's starter pokemon. Life would continue on like normal, the two quickly making an inseparable bond

Team

Name
Yanna

Species
Yanma

Pokedex Entries

-Its eyes can see 360 degrees without moving its head. It won’t miss prey--even those behind it..-

-If it flaps its wings really fast, it can generate shock waves that will shatter windows in the area.-

-By flapping its wings at high speed, it can fly freely through the air. Even sudden stops are no problem.-

Personality
Yanna is very protective over his trainer, often not letting anybody they dont recognise get close without threatening to attack, though. When Yanna trusts you they can be quite gentle, and wont put up much of a fuss when your close to Adam unless you do something Yanna takes as aggressive.

They like to lounge around alot, and can tend to be pretty lazy outside of Battle.

Ability
Compound Eyes

Nature
Bold

Characteristics
Somewhat stubborn

Moves
- U-Turn
- Whirlwind
- Gust
- Signal Beam
- Hypnosis
-Sonicboom

Last edited:
It's a shame this doesn't seem to be picking up much steam. Have a bump friend, hopefully you can get enough souls to get this off the ground!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back