• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pokémon Tabletop United [closed]

Sol.

Hello everyone!

I am Sol, and I am interested in running a game for the pen to paper roleplaying system Pokémon Tabletop United. I have managed three different Dungeons and Dragons 5e campaigns so I do have some experience as a Game Master. However, this will be my first delve into the Pokémon Tabletop United system. I have been reading through it extensively and I do have a campaign plan in the works.

I am looking for 4-5 players to take part in this campaign, and it will be held over Discord or Skype. It will be held either Saturday or Sunday (weekend days may vary as I have to work one or the other) between the hours of 6pm - 7am GMT. We can work on a timeslot that will suit everyone.

It is required you read through the 1.05 Core pdf before agreeing. Though you do not need to have a full understanding of the system, it is preferred you have a decent idea of how a game works. I do work nights, but discord or PM'ing me is the best way to get in touch with me.

Now, the set-up for the campaign is very simple. Set in a high-tech future, a group of trainers are starting out their Pokémon adventure in the Mythina region and arrive at the lab of Professor Tilia, they decide to travel together to the first city, Senda so they can get used to travelling on their own. Trainers in Mythina start their adventure between the ages of 15-18, thought 20-21-year-olds are not uncommon either, children younger than 15 are not permitted to own or battle Pokémon, unless in a monitored environment (school/with parents/elders). When they turn 15, they receive their Trainers License that must be carried on them at all times, along with a PokéDex and 6 PokéBalls. Everything is registered and each trainer has a number, any rule breaking or un-sportsmanlike conduct will be registered on their Trainer License after a certain amount of points are gathered, the trainer can lose their Pokémon, their license, be fined or even jailed.

I will be happy to explain more about this campaign as we get more people. Just to say this will be a serious roleplay, so there will be no room for goofing around. The odd joke and laugh are fine, but I would like to make you aware that any railroading or lack of concentration and you will be removed from the group.

Thank you for reading this rather long introduction, and I do hope you are interested. If you are please fill out the form below.

Name:

Time-Zone:

Preferred date and time you can play:

Which starter Pokémon you would be interested in having (has to be one of the starters listed in the Pokémon Tabletop United PokéDex):

Which trainer class you would be interested in playing:

View attachment Pokemon Tabletop United 1.05 Core.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Chris

Time-Zone: eastern 

Preferred date and time you can play: weekends 11 am- 12 pm

Which starter Pokémon you would be interested in having (has to be one of the starters listed in the Pokémon Tabletop United PokéDex): Treeko

Which trainer class you would be interested in playing: commander

Well I am trying to but I only have one person interested so far, and I would like a group of 4.

Sounds interesting. So, this will be done over text or voice? 

EDIT: I will prefer text to be honest.

Name: Aang

Time-Zone: (Please Ignore)

Preferred date and time you can play: Flexible, ideal time would be Friday (Between 6pm-7pm GMT)

Which starter Pokémon you would be interested in having (has to be one of the starters listed in the Pokémon Tabletop United PokéDex): Torchic

Which trainer class you would be interested in playing: Coordinator

Thank you Aang. If we get two more people the campaign will run. Otherwise it won't, so just keep track of this topic :)

Thank you Aang. If we get two more people the campaign will run. Otherwise it won't, so just keep track of this topic :)
I am looking forward to it.:lenny:
Perhaps we could open another thread in the Fandom section just for advertising effect? I think we would definitely get more attention there.
People that crave Pokemon RP are more commonly found browsing around the fandom section.
Sol. Sol. .

Quick question: Are we also using the playtest packets they released, or is it just core PTU (asking for the use of the Medic class in the September playtest packet)?

Last edited:
Name: Jillianne

Time-Zone: Central

Preferred date and time you can play: Saturday: All Day /Sunday: 12:00 AM to 10:00 PM

Which starter Pokémon you would be interested in having (has to be one of the starters listed in the Pokémon Tabletop United PokéDex): Fennekin

Which trainer class you would be interested in playing: Medic

Last edited:
ChazGhost ChazGhost M Metalgeardude Dreamtique Dreamtique NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
So that's the four player slots selected. If you could PM me your characters so I can build a bit around them. Also we need to discuss your starter Pokemon and what you are seeking with them. When I get everyones character sheets and Pokemon sheets we can work on starting.

BpDSKw4.png

More information about the region. Choose a town or city your character comes from. Yellow are towns, purple are cities.

Attachments

• PTU 1.05 Pokemon Sheet.pdf
    61.2 KB · Views: 4
  • PTU 1.05 Trainer Sheet.pdf
    97.3 KB · Views: 3
You don't start with anything just now. But as the roleplay goes on you will get stuff. The first session will cover it all. It's just your character and starter pokemon sheet you need to make up just now.

Okay this my last question for time being, are going to tells us the nature and ability after we tell you what we are seeking with our Pokemon or do you want us to pick them for our starters?
Sol. Sol.

Can we have an update? Like who still needs to send in information and an approximate date that we will start (or at least have a get together with everyone involved)?

I have a discord page up! https://discord.gg/jspnpee
I was planning to start sometime this weekend, sorry I've been late. Real Life happened! But we will be getting started soon. If you join the discord we'll start communicating about further information :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back