• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Shattered World OOC Thread

By the way, Onikmey Onikmey . I kept forgetting to ask, but what's the story behind your character's birth?

I get the whole Ekruteak surrounded by spiritual mysticism and such, being the "ghost" town and Gym, but the fact that his mom went out to the forest and suddenly managed to become pregnant after trying and failing with her husband for so long has be a bit concerned.

Could you explain please?

@Al0

Your profile is complete so you can begin posting at any time of your choosing. If you need help figuring out how to start, just ask and I'll provide a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.

yeah... ive been trying to find the time to edit that. essentially, im going with the idea that different spirits can cause pain or healing. in my head canon, a healing spirit healed the infirtility and protected her from a spirit that feeds off of people and animals. however, the caracters im trying to tell the story from dont know that. what i have now isnt done, its more mental notes til i can find a concise way to bring in main points of background.

i promise, theres no weird half-pokemon person. its still a wip.

im hoping that the circumstances of his birth are strange, but not unheard of in circles that believe in spirits. i promise I'm not doing any weird "chosen one" arc either. i just wanna be a normal shaman with ghost pokemon.

im hoping that the circumstances of his birth are strange, but not unheard of in circles that believe in spirits. i promise I'm not doing any weird "chosen one" arc either. i just wanna be a normal shaman with ghost pokemon.

I wasn't worried about an arc or a "chosen one" thing. I was just concerned that a Pokemon of some kind of responsible for the sudden fertility.

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you'd like any outside ideas or opinions, I'd be happy to provide a few.

im always open to ideas! i know a lot of this is gonna have to be me researching and writing and then rewriting, but if you think of something fun let me know. but for now- i must sleep. perhaps I'll get some inspiration from a dream.

im always open to ideas! i know a lot of this is gonna have to be me researching and writing and then rewriting, but if you think of something fun let me know. but for now- i must sleep. perhaps I'll get some inspiration from a dream.

Perhaps.

To prevent it from getting too crazy, I'd suggest keeping it to a simple explanation.

As an example:

For the sake of realism I'll suggest first that rather than infertility it was a medical issue she didn't know she had been suffering from. Perhaps some kind of infection or genetic disorder that was making it difficult for her to conceive.

If not a medical issue, then a psychological one with "spiritual" roots. As Margaret Thatcher said, "what we think, we become." You know how sometimes when you think you're getting sick and then you do in fact get sick? That could play a role here. Her inability to conceive early on disheartened her into believing she was infertile. And thus her body responded to her thoughts by making it all the more difficult. And when she wandered into the forest it wasn't a spirit that gave her fertility, but rather it was her body overcoming her psychological self-imposed limitation. The timing was just convenient.

Those are the two best ideas I have at the moment, but I'm sure I'll come up with more. But please do keep realism at the forefront of whatever you end up using.

@Al0

Your profile is complete so you can begin posting at any time of your choosing. If you need help figuring out how to start, just ask and I'll provide a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing.

Yeah, I was kind of looking for a way to start off to be honest.

Yeah, I was kind of looking for a way to start off to be honest.

Okay.

Since your character is part of the Emergency Response Team in Unova, you may as well start there. The best way I can think of to get you started it to begin your first post right in the middle of a major emergency in which he's playing a supporting role. Perhaps the local Pokemon Center (you can choose which city or town from the games, or make your own city/town to play with since the Regions are HUGE) was attacked by Team Rocket, and before they set the building ablaze they stole hundreds of Pokemon from it using the flames to keep the authorities and Emergency Response Teams busy so they could make good on their escape.

The point is the building is half destroyed due to explosives and highly flammable materials having caught the entire building on fire. So Travis and his Ivysaur are right in the thick of trying to help put the raging inferno out and keeping it from spreading to other nearby buildings. With a building as important as the Pokemon Center in flames, nearby businesses and such will be in danger as well so it's all hands on deck here.

An emergency of this magnitude might even take you more than one post to get through to be honest. I know it would take me at least 2 or 3 posts to get through it. So stretch it out and have some fun with it. This scenario would be an excellent way to not only introduce your character, but put him immediately in a life and death situation not only for himself, but for his fellow ERT members and the local population.

Much more exciting than waiting on your first friend to finish shopping as it was with Josephine waiting on Tomoya. Lol.

Oh, and just to reiterate in the event it was forgotten at any point: Team Rocket is not the bumbling organization it was in the games/anime. They're highly organized, well trained operatives who know how to take the best approach to accomplishing their goals and getting out clean. So no matter how long it takes you to get through this or what kinds of things you make Travis do, confronting Team Rocket won't be one of them. All of their operatives will be long gone with all those Pokemon they stole.

Enjoy!

How exactly will things here work out with locations. Will our characters have moved to a completely new region or will they just be in their own region until a certain event? Also, will all Pokemon be in available in regions or not? I guess wild Pokemon will probably just be the ones indigenous to that region, but will there be any other way to find them? Will any Pokemon from a specific region be available to catch or buy in other regions? I guess maybe certain flying Pokemon that migrate or Pokemon that are widespread like Geodude could be found worldwide, but what about other ones?

what are the rules on the regions pokemon live in? are hoenn pokemon found in similar environments in kanto? or are they restricted to the regions they were seen in game

another question- the miniturization technology we have for pokeballs. is it seen elsewhere? do we have bags that can hold near infinite amounts due to the ability to miniaturize items safely?

Last edited:
Okay.

Since your character is part of the Emergency Response Team in Unova, you may as well start there. The best way I can think of to get you started it to begin your first post right in the middle of a major emergency in which he's playing a supporting role. Perhaps the local Pokemon Center (you can choose which city or town from the games, or make your own city/town to play with since the Regions are HUGE) was attacked by Team Rocket, and before they set the building ablaze they stole hundreds of Pokemon from it using the flames to keep the authorities and Emergency Response Teams busy so they could make good on their escape.

The point is the building is half destroyed due to explosives and highly flammable materials having caught the entire building on fire. So Travis and his Ivysaur are right in the thick of trying to help put the raging inferno out and keeping it from spreading to other nearby buildings. With a building as important as the Pokemon Center in flames, nearby businesses and such will be in danger as well so it's all hands on deck here.

An emergency of this magnitude might even take you more than one post to get through to be honest. I know it would take me at least 2 or 3 posts to get through it. So stretch it out and have some fun with it. This scenario would be an excellent way to not only introduce your character, but put him immediately in a life and death situation not only for himself, but for his fellow ERT members and the local population.

Much more exciting than waiting on your first friend to finish shopping as it was with Josephine waiting on Tomoya. Lol.

Oh, and just to reiterate in the event it was forgotten at any point: Team Rocket is not the bumbling organization it was in the games/anime. They're highly organized, well trained operatives who know how to take the best approach to accomplishing their goals and getting out clean. So no matter how long it takes you to get through this or what kinds of things you make Travis do, confronting Team Rocket won't be one of them. All of their operatives will be long gone with all those Pokemon they stole.

Enjoy!

Oh, am I allowed to post consecutively without RPing with another? 'Cause no one is in Unova, for now really.

I like the idea though. I'll cook something up when I'm actually coherent after waking up.

Oh, am I allowed to post consecutively without RPing with another? 'Cause no one is in Unova, for now really.

I like the idea though. I'll cook something up when I'm actually coherent after waking up.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Yes, you may post consecutively on your own as often as you like.

Hiya everyone. I'm in the very early stages of developing my character, but I just thought I'd drop by and say hello.

I do have a few questions though. What is the life expectancy of a pokemon like Absol or Ninetails that have legends behind them in this rp? Like, for instance Ninetails, supposedly according to legends, can live up to 1000(?) years or so. Or are the stories simply just that, legends?

Hiya everyone. I'm in the very early stages of developing my character, but I just thought I'd drop by and say hello.

I do have a few questions though. What is the life expectancy of a pokemon like Absol or Ninetails that have legends behind them in this rp? Like, for instance Ninetails, supposedly according to legends, can live up to 1000(?) years or so. Or are the stories simply just that, legends?

The RP is not canon to the games nor the anime/manga. Whatever tales and/or legends exist surrounding any Pokemon in said canon is thus not applicable to this RP.

In this RP's lore Absol is simply a rare Pokemon, and Ninetails simply the evolution of Vulpix.

Both of them will live between 15-20 ish years depending on how well taken care of they are by their Trainers. If they are well taken care of, that might stretch to 25 ish years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back