• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon: Shadow Reboot

Latios

The only Black Latios
Alright... I feel like I’m taking a big risk on this. A risk in that if this goes poorly I’m just setting myself up for more failure and a depressing realization later.

So. I’m restarting my old Pokémon RP idea for the third time in an attempt to finally get a run where it sees its grand conclusion. If you are interested there are a few things to note. This style of RP focuses on POKÉMON. Not trainers. While you can have a human character who is a trainer, EACH AND EVERY POKÉMON on their team must have their own individual personality and establish character. To clarify, this IS NOT a mystery dungeon style RP. Is takes place in the Pokémon world similar to the anime and games. The Pokémon speak and talk to each other.

If you have any Questions about the nature of the RP, feel free to ask.

Now onto the most important part. The plot. Much of this is going to be vague as events can change based on how the characters effect the RP. But the gist is that a strange force is plaguing the land, a creature knows as a Shade. How it came to be and to why it is slowly corrupting things remains a mystery, but ones things for sure. It needs to be stopped, and it’s going to take some powerful allies to take it down.

It should be of note. MOST LEGENDARIES are off limits. Many of them play a crucial role in the RP, however many of the lesser known ones are available. If you plan to use a Legendary/Mythical, please let me know BEFORE making the character.

Ask any further questions You may have from here on and I will try to answer.

Alright, that’s one.
I’m also thinking on making a discord server for the OOC. It makes it easier for me to keep track of messages and allows me to respond to people fast if they need me.

So... with the lack of interest I think I won’t be doing this again. It just seems like nobody wants to. Sorry Popelka if I got your hopes up. Not enough people care for this RP to work. I guess this idea is a lost cause.

Aw shoot, shame you said you gave up! I was thinking of joining but I was gonna ask about using a mythical cause idk what ones were essential to your plot!?

I mean. I was giving up because no one showed interest, but now suddenly everyone is interested so I guess I’m continuing. Go ahead and ask your questions then if you would like

So typically if I do a Wild Pokemon I usually end up going with Hoopa, Volcanion, or Marshadow and needed to know if they were in the plot, of so I can make a non mythic.

Most legendaries are not available due to plot reasons and to have everyone on an even playing field. So extremely powerful legendaries are out. I’m also going to limit the amount of legendary characters since they are spitting be rare. Can’t have over half the cast be legendaries.

As for your choices. Hoopa is questionable. On one hand it makes the travel part of the RP easy. On another it makes things too easy. As well as his unbound form being pretty strong. And canonically his unbound form is his default form. For a Hoppa character to work I feel like you’d need to make him very specific. The same mischievous playful imp we see elsewhere so that he retains his bound form so he’s not op. Volcanion is a no nice that was be a little too powerful, not to mention his size makes travel hard. Marshadow on the other hand... I have no point agasint him. He’s open.

Most legendaries are not available due to plot reasons and to have everyone on an even playing field. So extremely powerful legendaries are out. I’m also going to limit the amount of legendary characters since they are spitting be rare. Can’t have over half the cast be legendaries.

As for your choices. Hoopa is questionable. On one hand it makes the travel part of the RP easy. On another it makes things too easy. As well as his unbound form being pretty strong. And canonically his unbound form is his default form. For a Hoppa character to work I feel like you’d need to make him very specific. The same mischievous playful imp we see elsewhere so that he retains his bound form so he’s not op. Volcanion is a no nice that was be a little too powerful, not to mention his size makes travel hard. Marshadow on the other hand... I have no point agasint him. He’s open.

When it comes to Hoopa, I am aware that the whole rings thing can end up SUPER OP. Generally when I play Hoopa, he is in the Confined Forme since he would need the Prison Bottle to use the Unbound Forme (both in game and in the movie). I can, if it adds additional help, cap it to where he doesn't have access to his rings so...like he isn't allowed to pull out 100+ Cosplay Pikachus out of nowhere or something crazy like that. Personality wise, Hoopa would be a lot like the movie since that os what I typically base Mythical Personality on.

I get where Volcanion can be OP though due to the explosions he creates. Though about travel, he can actually travel fine on the movie since by some weird reason he uses his hoses to create steam to fly on. Lol.

About Marshadow, I can make a Pokemon for him. I have NOT viewed all of the I Choose You movie where he is so I would mold my own personality for him.

I’d say in your case for hoppa, he can’t exactly summon things like in the movie. (Meaning pull Pokémon out of other dimensions). He’s only allowed to use the rings strictly for two was travel between points in reality. If he were to summon a Pokémon in this way, it wouldn’t go well since the most likely response would be “WHERE THE F#$& AM I.” After having been throwing into a hop out of the blue. This would also help from making the rings op. They are strictly travel based, no summoning.

And I haven’t seen the movie either. Go to town with Marshadow. From what I’ve seen he’s quite and reserved. Just watched from afar. But that’s only from trailed there it showed him just standing there.

Exactly what I was thinking so people arent just pulled out whenever Hoopa feels it's due.

Yep, thats the jist, I also add on that Marshadow likes testing his strength, as he is a Fighting Type. Also saw a clip where he fights Pikachu so yep.

All I will say is that since there will be a lot of legendary characters. I am limiting one legendary species per player. At lest for now. I’ll have to see how the characters stack up once the RP starts so we’ll see, but for now. Just chose one. Maybe hold a second in your back pocket if you want it and if I open up the 1 legendary rule.

I haven’t set up anything for the RP yet. Not enough interest Until now. I talked about using Discord for OOC so I can respond to people fast. So maybe I’ll put the Character sheet there too. But more than likely I’ll create a separate thread from the RP to put them and have links to each thread

So sorry for the wait. I’ve been caught up and have been extremely busy with work. I plan to start the RP some time within the week. I just need some time to set everything up. To all those still interested, thank you for your patience

Hey this looks like a fun idea. I’m interested

Looking forward to it! Though some of my characters that we have gone over will have a few pieces that will be WIP while I work on them

possibly interested? been forever since I've used the site so hopefully I remember how to make it all work out, but yes this sounds good and I'm always up for pokemon. I'll put some more time into it tomorrow

So, my plan was to make Marshadow too, hahaha. Just realised it was taken but I can look at other pokemons to create. Is Kubfu (the pokemon from the latest sword and shield DLC) taken/unavailable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back