• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon RP Interest Check!

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hey guys, ChoShadow here!

I'm looking to start a more mature and realistic Pokémon RP for anyone interested in joining.

Please keep in mind that this RP is not canon to the anime/manga/games in any way. The only things held over are the Regions, their primary cities/towns, and the respective Pokémon Professor who resides in them such as Oak in Kanto. Other than that, nothing is held over.

The Regions are HUGE, and there will be an unlimited number of cities, towns, villages, and other locations which you will be free to create and visit/conquer along your personal journey.

However, this RP does have a few strict rules/guidelines to follow.

And lastly, before we begin with the rules and guidelines, please bear the following in mind because I will only say it once:

Basic communication between a potential participant and the GM of the RP they want to be a part of is a general courtesy. If you cannot, or do not, extend that courtesy to me via responding to this OOC thread or sending me a PM letting me know of your interest, you will NOT be allowed to join this RP.

Any character profile(s) found in the RP's "Characters" page belonging to players who did not contact me in some way will be deleted, and the player responsible for submitting it forever blocked from joining the RP.

Thank you.

___________________________________________________________________​

If you intend to look into this RP, then please read the following and accept the fact that nothing listed below is negotiable:

* No video game mechanics are used in this RP.

- EV/IV's, Levels, HP bar, PP, 4 move limit (that needs to die, even in the games), Rare Candies, "Stat Altering" items and techniques, Pokémon "characteristics" and "natures", etc. Basically nothing that supports the Pokémon Battle Sprites of the video games is in the RP.

* In this RP, you must acquire a Pokémon Trainer's License before you will be allowed to own your own Pokémon. That includes inheriting a Pokémon from a family member. It cannot and will not happen at any time before you acquire said License.

- The reason for this is because the Pokémon League (which acts as a form of government for Pokémon Trainers) has forbidden anyone below the age of 18 (an adult, basically) from owning or interacting (unsupervised) with Pokémon. This means that venturing off into the wilds as a child to befriend wild Pokémon, while possible, is highly illegal and could result in your parent's arrest and imprisonment for gross negligence.

- Similarly, to even apply for a Pokémon Trainer's License, you must present at least two valid forms of identification to the one presiding over your test (most likely the Pokémon Professor of your Region) as proof of your age and legal right to own a Pokémon. If you can't provide two forms of ID (passport and a copy of your birth certificate will do nicely), no test. As well you will have had to fill out several forms of acknowledgement that once you are on your journey the League is not responsible for any injuries or death which may befall you along the way prior to taking this test.

- You accept the full responsibility for your own health and safety so long as you are a Trainer.

- Though the League has law enforcement and emergency response units in place for Trainers, the fact is they can't be everywhere at once and their headquarters are located in major cities. Whatever few they can spare for smaller towns and villages are sparse at best. If you encounter a dangerous wild Pokémon and are severely injured, and you're nowhere near a major city, chances are you're going to die.

* No capture-by-friendship or "bonding" with a wild Pokémon before adding it to your team.

* All Pokémon have realistic life cycles, life spans, breeding seasons, breeding methods, etc. Mammalian Pokémon birth live young and most others lay eggs. The average Pokémon life span for something small like an Eevee or Pikachu in the wild is around 8-12 years. In ownership of a caring and experienced Trainer, 12-16 years. Etc. Larger Pokémon like Onix have much longer life spans sometimes reaching or exceeding 60-80 years in the wild, and under the care of an experienced Trainer and their family they could live well over 100 years of age.

* There are no other animals in this world, only Pokémon.

- This means that all Pokémon live by fighting and feeding off of one another. Birds like Pidgeotto eat bugs like Caterpie and Weedle. Large mammals like Ursaring and Kangaskhan eat just about anything. Reptilies are largely carnivorous, save a few. Etc.

- Pokémon have to eat to live and fight to survive. It's the law of nature. So if you are not keen on reading about wild Pokémon fighting, killing, and eating one another, then this RP definitely isn't for you.

* We will be using realistic Pokédex entries either gathered from this site or put together by both you and yours truly.

- Unrealistic Pokédex entries like Ninetails being the fusion of nine wise sages who can live for 1,000 years and curse people, or Abra's having once been a human child are BS and won't be used in this more realistic RP.

* Pokémon cannot speak English or any other human language no matter who/what they are, so please don't ask.

* Pokémon can learn any technique which they are physically (or type wise) able to perform. If they have a tail, they can tail whip (physical move, not "stat lowering" move)

* Items in this RP are cheaper than their game counterparts, but as a consequence many of them have been nerfed.

- Potions, for example, only cost $25. But it could take an entire bottle to heal 1 Pokémon after a battle. What do you expect of a spray-on solution? After all, they're not magic.

- There are only Poké Balls in this RP. No Ultra Balls, Great Balls, Net Balls, Love Balls, etc. Those are all done away with.

* Pokémon in this RP evolve by a combination of age and battle experience.

- Even though the game mechanics of EXP and Levels have been done away with, you can effectively treat your Pokémon's age as its Level and its relative experience in battle with its EXP. The older a Pokémon is and the more battle experience it has, the more likely it is to evolve.

- As well, trade evolutions, friendship evolutions, and held item evolutions are not part of this RP. Those Pokémon evolve normally like any other. Only stone evolutions are retained, during which time you may touch the stone to any part of your Pokémon's body to make it evolve. But the younger and less experienced it is, the less battle experience it has and you'll have an evolved but weak and inexperienced partner by your side.

* Legendary Pokémon are uber powerful in this RP to the point where any of them could wipe out any major city in any Region in less than 10 minutes if they really wanted to. When this RP says "Legendary", it means "LEGENDARY".

- As such, Legendary Pokémon are impossible to capture and off limits to us as Trainers. There will, however, be a chance to meet and bond with one Legendary of your choice at a later time in the RP if you stick with it that far. No two participants may meet and bond with the same Legend, however. Please clear whichever choice you make with me before you begin this RP.

- Pseudo Legendary Pokémon are off limits when the RP begins. There will be a chance to encounter and capture them later on in the RP. But at the start you may not have a Pseudo Legendary Pokémon.

* Team Rocket is the only enemy team in this RP.

- Team Rocket, in this RP, is a global organization. It is highly successful, organized, and dangerous. Their operatives are constantly stealing Pokémon, important documents and blueprints, bribing or murdering governmental figures, etc. They are not to be trifled with.

- Levels are not part of this RP, but if they were you could consider even a basic Rocket Grunt to have Pokémon who's levels were in the 50's.

- When I say they are not to be messed with, I mean it.

- Team Rocket, if they feel they are losing a battle against you, will shoot you to avoid a humiliating defeat. If they can, they'll steal your Pokémon after you're dead. If they can't steal them, they'll kill them too just to make sure they stay out of Team Rocket's way.

I think I've said about all I need to so far.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I shall provide the answers!

A link to the RP's OOC thread can be found below! Please be aware that I am reviving this RP from a past attempt, so one or two of the IC posting sections (one for each Region) will have posts already in them.

Thank you!

Last edited:
ChoShadow ChoShadow

I'm interested. However, I won't be able to get a sheet out this week most likely due to multiple performances and rehearsals I have.

Oh wow.... This Rp is kinda brutal... And I LOVE IT! I am very interested in this.

Will there be just gym leagues or are there going to be contests as well?

How do evolution with Pokemon that need to be traded (well in the games) work?

How will the RP work with people being in different regions? I'm considering making an character from Hoenn but does that mean that everybody has to start off in Kanto as it seems the most active? ChoShadow ChoShadow

Will there be just gym leagues or are there going to be contests as well?

How do evolution with Pokemon that need to be traded (well in the games) work?

How will the RP work with people being in different regions? I'm considering making an character from Hoenn but does that mean that everybody has to start off in Kanto as it seems the most active? ChoShadow ChoShadow

1) The Pokemon Gym Challenge is only one option open to registered Pokemon Trainers. There are Challenges and Contests as well.

2) Evolution trades, item hold trades, friendship trades, etc are not part of the RP. They are all treated as natural evolutions. The only evolutions that are not "natural" are the stone evolutions.

3) If you want to start off in a specific region you are free to do so and play your adventure at your own pace the way you want to. But if nobody else is there, it will get pretty boring pretty fast. So maybe if you have a friend who's interested and wants to play in the same region as you, they can join you.

There is a separate IC posting thread for each region.

Okay that's good. I wanted my character to be doing contests and the gym league. Haven't seen hardly any Pokemon stuff here that has you able to do other things besides being a trainer.

So, all characters have to be 18+ in order to get their license then?

Are you allowed to choose the Pokemon you want, so long as it is a starter Pokemon or does your starter have to be from the region are you in?
What about the regions that have contests locations (Johto for example) but aren't known? Are we allowed to decide what towns have contests in them in the other regions? ChoShadow ChoShadow

Okay that's good. I wanted my character to be doing contests and the gym league. Haven't seen hardly any Pokemon stuff here that has you able to do other things besides being a trainer.

So, all characters have to be 18+ in order to get their license then?

Are you allowed to choose the Pokemon you want, so long as it is a starter Pokemon or does your starter have to be from the region are you in?
What about the regions that have contests locations (Johto for example) but aren't known? Are we allowed to decide what towns have contests in them in the other regions? ChoShadow ChoShadow

You are allowed to choose any Pokemon as your starter so long as it's not a Pseudo-Legendary, a Legendary, or otherwise an absurdly rare Pokemon. If you are uncertain about whether it would be okay or not, ask me and I'll either approve or say you need to choose something else.

Kinda loose usage of the idea of realism, but seems pretty neat.

Obviously some elements must be allowed to remain fantasy. Poke Balls, Pokemon Centers having machines that can heal and rest Pokemon while they're still inside a Poke Ball. Etc, etc.

But when it comes to the laws of physics, the laws of nature, and the realism of human interaction with wild animals, that's the focal point. Pokemon as a franchise is high fantasy at its finest, but even so there are ways to enjoy it with more realism and more consistency with the world we live in today.

So that's the main goal of the RP. To treat Pokemon as real life wild animals and to respect any and all potential dangers posed by said wild animals. That and a criminal organization that's willing to kill to get its way is also a consistent source of entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back