• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Arcanus looked surprised as he was released from the Pokeball. He'd definitely have to get used to that feeling if he was going to be a part of their family. He chuckled nervously as Nathan crowded him a little bit. His discomfort was palpable, as he wasn't one for too much physical contact before, and much less so now. "Thank you," he mumbled to Nathan gratefully, slightly overwhelmed, but still visibly elated. He held onto his pendulum tightly with an awkward smile as Orion and Darin appeared from out of nowhere.

He let out a bit of an awkward laugh, rubbing his arm at Darin's question. "Ah-haha... Not quite yet, I suppose, in the sense of human rituals. But for now, I am a part of the family. Think of it more as moving in, rather than marriage." He explained, and though his voice was steady, the amount of people in the room was starting to make him feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, Nathan's eccentric ways were not helping that case, as happy as it made him to see her joyful face again. He rubbed his ear and resorted to taking a couple steps back.

"Has the hospital been treating you well, my friends?"

Assailant Assailant

Alistair was going through his bag when he had heard yelling from a cellphone. Once he looked over at Rosie and Charise, and realized what was going on, his blood began to boil. He growled with clenched fists, and shook his head. "Who the hell does she think she is!? Making her cry like that!?" He walked over, and shook his head. "No, you do not. You are not going to do anything of that sort, Rosie. You deserve better, you and all of your partners deserve better than that maniac." He said firmly, trying really hard not to sound harsh towards the sad teen. "Look, I consider you to be family, like a sister, so does Serenity and Venin. And I will be damned if anyone is gonna treat my family like that, no matter who they are to you." Alistair said with enough conviction and a slight authority to get his point across.
"You have been through enough, you are better than this. Hell, you are the best damn cook I have ever met, even better than me and my Malasadas. You are a gift, and some people just do not deserve you. That WITCH is one of them, and will never, ever, amount to anything more than a snob who has pokemon as slaves, not as a companion or partner. That is where you are different from her." Alistair took a deep breath, to try and keep calm.
"You actually care about your Pokemon, instead of trying to fake it. It really shows, the bond you have with them, especially Charise. Just like me and Serenity... She is basically my mother, been there ever since the day I took my first breath. We have been through a lot together, and we gladly welcomed Venin to our team, though he did not really like us at first, he came around. Compassion was what brought him on, the ability to understand one's pain just by looking at them... That is what she lacks. What I saw from her made me sick, the way she mistreated that Teddiursa, the way that Seviper was around Charise all the time as if there was an ounce of lust in the air... so sick in fact that even Venin could feel it." He shook his head, and took a deep breath once more.
"My point is... you need to stand up. Show her that you are not to be messed with. I will stand right behind you, just in case you need some support, but it all only comes from within you, sweetheart. You need to believe that YOU ARE BETTER than this. Believe that YOU DESERVE BETTER than this. Once you believe, you can do anything your heart desires, but it starts with you, and you saying "Enough", only then will you be able to stick up for yourself. Like I said, I will be behind you, but only you can fix yourself." He gave a look of genuine sadness, and rested his hand on her shoulder, as if to emphasize his point.
"If you wanna talk, I will be right here for you."
Serenity saw the entire thing, and could not help but cry after watching that heartfelt moment. She felt proud of him, for being there when he felt he was needed most. For showing compassion, and a bit of truth to someone who dealt with abuse for too long. She then shuffled on over to the three, and then hugged Alistair, then hugged Charise and Rosie gently. "He is right, child. You deserve much better than what you are dealt. A good person like you needs love and support, not abuse and negativity." Minako Minako

Nathan's face fell a little at the question. "Ah... well... as nice as a hospital can be, you know? I'd like to leave as soon as possible though, the doctors say that I've made a full enough recovery that, if I needed to, I could leave. I've just been waiting for you all to return. After we take care of... y-y'know..." her face fell drastically, so much so that it was hard to remember that only moments before she'd been smiling like nothing was wrong.

"Ooh! Ooh! Nathan, did you see, did you see?" The excitable Zigzagoon jumped up and down, pulling someone through the crowd. "Tyler's here!"

"...What...?" Tyler looked up bashfully at Nathan, who stared down with a mixture of shock and horror.

"...I'm sorry dad... I tried to protect the house and the others, but... I couldn't..." Nathan stared at Tyler in silence for a few moments before leaning down and rustling his hair.

"Hey... it's... it's okay, kiddo. I'm just happy you're safe." She gave him a small kiss on the head before letting out a drawn out sigh.

"The hospital's been treating the rest of us well," Darin finally broke the silence. "We weren't injured, so we've just been helping Miss Nathan get back on her feet... hehe, literally!" Nathan weakly chuckled.

"What have you all been up to?"

Daisie Daisie Latios Latios

Latios gave a sigh before giving an answer. "It hasn't been rainbows if that's what your asking." He stated. "It just keeps getting more complicated. First it's deliver a message, then it's safeguard dangerous object. Now it's find the missing member of my tribe and beg them for their most sacred artifacts." He paused before continuing. "To be more specific. We made a visit to Spear Pillar and meet up with Arceus... but now we got to find Soul Dews due to the Shades annoyingly brilliant way he's managed to stick around."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Nathan took in what he said before chuckling. "Arceus? You guys met Arceus?"

"Underwhelming," April chimed in with a grin. Nathan gave her a sideways glance.

"Really? Huh, alright then." As she looked at Ahlamos, she frowned and looked past him. Seeming somewhat confused, she looked around the room before looking back to him. "Uh... I can't help but notice Emlas isn't with you. She isn't... you know... is she?" She paused for a moment with a look of concern. "Actually, Genesis too."

Latios Latios Daisie Daisie

“No, my sister is still around. Along side my ass of a brother. Just waiting outside of town with the rest of our group. We may have met a few more people along the way." He explained. However, he was silent for a while before speaking again. "As for Genesis... He... He didn't make it." The last part came out in a low whisper.

The brunette was stunned for a moment, no one had ever said things like that to her before, except Corny and her family. Without warning the girl threw herself onto Alistair and hugged him tight, gently tugging Serenity into the embrace as well.

"Thank you, Alistair, thank you so much...." Rosie smiles as Alistair comforts her as well and wipes her tears, careful not to get any on his clothes, "I-I mean, I didn't break down the door, s-so I shouldn't pay technically, but--"

"I-it was actually my fault it happened... When Max saved me he must have ruined the door," Charise pursed her lips, looking away and trying to hide a blush thinking about Max bursting down the door for her.

"He'd do it for anyone, it wasn't special and it doesn't make YOU special, especially not to him," Charise internally reminded herself, trying not to get her hopes up.

"We can't have Max pay for the door, either..." Rosie muttered, thinking, "It wouldn't be right..."

"Right... but what will Florina do if we don't pay for it?" Charise asked, not really wanting to think about it. Rosie looked equally as troubled thinking about that as well.

"She might report us to the law for property damage... Though if it was Max, and there was proof it was of a Pokemon I didn't own, I wouldn't be charged for it in the end since he isn't my Pokemon..." Rosie pondered out loud, Charise nodding at her thoughts.

"Well, until she does involve the authorities, she can't prove we did it, so... Maybe she shouldn't pay her for now?" Charise suggested, though a small part of her felt the cause of this, and there was no way she was going to shove the bill onto Max either, especially for saving her!

"One thing we can agree is NOT to tell Max!" Rosie, in sync with Charise, decided.

"Yes, of course!" Charise agreed wholeheartedly.

However, that left the two right back at square one: What to do about Florina?

"What do you think we should do, Mr. Alistair? Just leave it since she can't prove we did it? We'd have to protect Max, too..." Rosie asked, looking up at him to guidance.

Kaine was within hearing range of this, but he was also distancing himself since he felt embarrassed, but that didn't stop him from giving the group occasional glances. A part of him wanted to comfort the ladies as well, but if he was honest he was a bit jealous of how much Rosie and Charise cared for Max... He wished he could be as loved by them as much as Max was as well.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

"We leave her hangin' for the time being. We'll see what she does. If she does sic the law on ya, well... Let's just say that I have more ammo on her than she does on you. The abuse she gives you and the pokemon with her are much worse than a damn door. And if she wants to fight, I know a certain someone who has a beef with that snake of hers." Alistair said in confidence as he pats Rosie's head.
"Everything will work out in some way kiddo. If all that doesn't work, then we just wing it. What's the worst that pansy snob can do, have those poor pokemon slaving away fight for her?" He asked sarcastically as he looked Rosie in her eyes, and hugged her gently, as to not break a bone in her fragile body. "And you need to start eating more young lady. Eating real food, instead of inhaling protein shakes." He then jokingly said in an almost fatherly manner.
"And besides, I think Venin has had a long overdue playdate with Cadence for some time. Maybe we can let 'em play while we wait on the others?" He asked as he let Venin out of his pokeball, and this time, he was not fuming with exhausted frustration and anger.

Venin looked at Charise and Rosie, then at his trainer and Serenity, wondering what went on while he was napping. "You have a good nap?" Alistair asked as he scratched the titanic fossil's chin, who let out a low, satisfied growl in response. "That's good to hear! You don't seem so crotchety anymore." Venin sure did feel better after having gotten a good amount of sleep in, without being disturbed by nightmares from the past that haunt him to this day. Minako Minako

"...ah..." Nathan sighed sorrowfully. She did not know Genesis very well, so it was somewhat difficult to be very torn up about his death. That said, he seemed like a nice enough guy from what little interaction they'd had. She had hoped to be able to get to know him a bit better when they were back together. "Did you guys get a chance to bury him?"

"Unfortunately not," Max spoke up. "We were in a position where getting his body was not feasible. Besides... as much as it pains me to recall... I doubt there was much of a corpse left." Nathan hung her head and nodded solemnly. This damned mission... it was beginning to rack up a body count. How many more would it take?

"So when do we go?"

"Whenever your ready." Answered Latios. "Collect your things if you need to. Do what ever it is you humans do to get out of this place. I understand there's some kind of process. Last I was here I broke out."

"Ah, right." Nathan nodded. She looked over to the Nurse, who had remained present albeit somewhat further back. "Ah, doc? What do I need to do to be released?"

"Oh!" She said, perking up when she realized she was being spoken too. "Well, we're not really a... formal hospital, so not much. We're really just an emergency response clinic, at least this wing is. Normally you would've been transfered to a primary medical facility, but given some..." she looked over at Ahlamos, "significant factors, I managed to keep you here. All you need to sign is a form saying that your treatment turned out to be a non-emergency and that you give your consent to leave without checking in with a GP. Since your treatment was payed for out of pocket, there's no reason to get insurance involved either... although..." she smiled nervously, "p-please don't tell anyone I did this. I was quite confident in your recovery, but if other doctors found out I did this... ahhh, I can smell the malpractice suits from a mile away." Her face fell as nervous sweat accumulated on her face at this realization. "Ahah... ah... I'll go get your forms, miss... ahah..."

"Nice lady," Nathan commented when she was out of the room entirely. "A bit overbearing, but otherwise nice." She was silent for some time. "There's the... other matter... we need to take care of before we leave this town."

"Mom?" The Zigzagoon spoke up. Nathan took a sharp breath and nodded slowly, her hair covering her eyes.

"Yeah... as I told you all on the phone, I'd like to bury her. Those new people you mentioned are welcome."

Arcanus lowered his head solemnly, the loving and caring Gardevoir still fresh in his thoughts. He, himself, offered a moment of silence to her - though it didn't seem like enough - before speaking up. "I agree... It seems only appropriate. I am compelled to offer my help in any way I can. Perhaps we can scrape together a proper casket - at the very least, try and make our own. I've seen a human burial only once in my life, but I believe she, of all people, deserves one. At least something similar, if we do not have the time or resources." He brings up, still a lot of pain hanging in his subtly quivering voice.

"I would be honoured if I could be a pallbearer for Amber." Arcanus brings up Amber's name for the first time in what feels like an eternity.

Assailant Assailant Latios Latios

Nathan smiled weakly and nodded. The clack of heels could be heard from outside the door as it opened revealing the nurse, looking more put together than when she had left.

"Alright miss Howitz, I have the forms here. Just fill them out really quickly and drop them off at the front desk on the way out." Nathan nodded once more and thanked the woman before taking the pen and paper and signing appropriately. As she did so, she explained some things to the group. As it so happened, a number of Celestic town residents fled after the initial assault that the group staved off, and some of them came here. As it turns out, some wealthy benefactors recalled how Nathan had helped them and their Pokemon indispensably at the time, and had helped her in a number of ways. They gave her some fresh clothes, payed her hospital bill, and, most relevantly, paid for a funeral service. It was nothing major. At Nathan's request, it was not to be held in a cemetery, but by the forests in which she died. It seemed poetic, but it was also to allow Ahlamos to be present undisguised.

"I think we can agree Amber deserves to see you off as you are..."

There will be minimal attendance by anyone. It will merely be the party and one or two people to help with handling the corpse, but given that they were present in Celestic, they already know about Ahlamos. It shouldn't be a problem. They'd skip the big long ceremony: likely just a prayer or two and their parting words to the fallen. It would be a simple affair... though it was clear by the look in Nathan's eyes that it was something she needed.

When the explanation had concluded, she signed the last box and walked over to drop it off. As she did, she turned to the group.

"Alright, I've shown you all on the map where it is. April, I'd like you to fly me over there. I'll call and get the last of the preparations done. You guys... do what you need to do and then come meet me. I should be done by then. As I said before, the new guys are challenge by choice, but I'd like you all, as well as Emlas and Draka, to be there at least, if you wouldn't mind. It's out of town, there should be no problem."

With that done, Nathan turned and left the building. April took her place under Nathan as Orion, Darin, and Tyler, were recalled into their Pokeballs. As Nathan stowed them, she turned back.

"Arcanus, would you like to come with us or stay with the others for now. I don't mind either way."

Daisie Daisie Latios Latios

Arcanus followed the group. He looked watchful, and again, a bit of his natural curiosity shone through as he was silently, yet visibly, adoring being this close to humanity. He looked excited to be a part of Nathan's family, and excited to be one with humanity, just as the rest of his family had accomplished. Being a part of Nathan's team now, he stuck right by her side, along with April. The concoction of emotions was almost dizzying - excitement, hope, somberness, mournfulness, love - the list seemed endless as so much had happened at once.

The Hypno nodded towards Nathan in response, a gentle and grateful look in his eye. "I would like to come with you. After all, I'm a part of your family, now... It only seems right." He said with a weak smile that pierced through the dismal feeling in the air.

Assailant Assailant

This left Latios on his own now. He looked to the nurse who could only give a smile to him. “-Sigh-... I guess I should say thanks shouldn’t I... I really should have 12 years ago but... I was still I little torn up about you humans still...”

“That’s an understatement.”
Said the nurse. “You wouldn’t even take good from us in fear it was poisoned.”

“Don’t remind me.” Grumbled Latios. “I’m still not totally comfortable with humans just so you know. Why do you think I look like this right now.”

“Nearly every Lati hides themselves that I know of thanks to Your species being rare and collectors and poachers wanting a part of that. As such I don’t blame you.”

“Right... well... I guess I should leave... I’ve got a funeral to attend and get a group organized for.” Latios said as he started to leave.

“Take care Black Latios.”
The Nurse gave a chuckled before returning to her work.

Nathan slowly smiled as she looked at the Hypno. "Yeah... it does." She pulled out his Pokeball. "Hold on, we'll be there shortly." Giving a few moments for Arcanus to brace himself, she recalled him into the Pokeball and placed it back into her bag. With that, April flapped her wings as the two lifted into the air.

As they left, Max huffed in annoyance and placed a small plastic bag into his pouch. He would have to talk to her, soon. With that done, he turned to follow Latios.

Latios Latios Daisie Daisie

"Haha, okay... I-I guess we'll do that, then..." Rosie agreed while drying her eyes from the last of the tears, feeling a lot better she had Alistair and his team by her side.

Realizing by now that the group that left might not take long at all to return, given some time had already passed and she still had much to do to cook lunch, Rosie quickly internally gasped and started eyeing the bags while still paying attention to Alistair as he suggested Cadence play with Venin. This didn't sound like a bad idea at all, especially since Magnus seemed to be having fun splashing around in the lake, probably as happy as Rosie is to get out of that horrible, disorienting realm.

"Haha! Yes, I think that's a wonderful idea!" She cheered and clapped her hands together while nodding, already seeking her backpack with her pokeballs by the time she had finished that sentence.

"Everyone, come on out~!" Rosie cheered while throwing up Cadence and Felicia's pokeballs.

"Oooooh~! Oh hey! We're back on terra firma here! Nice!" Cadence whooped as she was released and looked around happily.

"Thank goodness..." Felicia breathed a sigh of relief, thanking Arceus they were out of that realm.

"Alright and now for--" Rosie began, holding the pokeball of her last Pokemon to be released, Ceres, when Felicia came up and stopped her.

Rosie, confused, raised her brow at Felicia until the Blissey pantomimed sleeping on a pillow, and then Rosie understood and remembered the spectacle from this morning and started thinking maybe letting the seemingly cranky Typhlosion rest wasn't a bad idea.

Charise, swooping in for fear of what would happen if Ceres were released now, added to Felicia's explanation, "Ahaha, w-we can wait to bring her out until after lunch is ready! Sh-she could use the extra r-rest, as Felicia pointed out..."

"O-oh! O-oh, yeah..." Rosie muttered, "Okay, that's a great idea!"

The small singer then ran up to the supply packs and began bringing out all the supplies needed to begin making some Poffins.

"...You did that to save me some heartache, didn't you...?" Charise asked her sweet Blissey sister after glancing at her for a second and getting a wink in return.

"Oh, well, you know~" Felicia singsonged in response coyly.

"...You're a true friend, Sweetheart," Charise beamed at her, almost chuckling at her response in relief.

"Yeah, so, you or Ceres ever gonna actually, you know, explain what the heck happened this morning, or are we just gonna ponder why you two hate each others guts now, apparently?" Cadence asked dryly, staring at her elder sister unamusedly.

"Nnngh, i-it's not... that... We don't--" Charise began, trying to figure out how to start explaining her fight with Ceres to Cadence when Felicia, again, saved the day by gasping and pointing to Venin and the others.

"Hey, Cadence, I think Venin could use some entertainment while waiting for Ro to cook our food, what do you think?" The Happiniess pokemon, trying to stay true to the type of Pokemon she was, directed Cadences attention away from the Embrace pokemon that clearly was not ready to talk about what happened between her and Ceres.

"Oooooh~! Okay!" Cadence, showing at heart she was just as much an entertainer as Rosie (at least, Rosie disguised as Meridian) is, rushed over to the Despot Pokemon happily, her tail wagging like a metronome on it's fastest setting, "HEY! Hey, Unca Venin! Unca Veeeeeeeeeeniiiiiiiiin! You wanna play a game!? Food isn't ready yet, but I can toss ya some berries or something!"

Charise and Felicia giggled to themselves as the silly Sylveon raced off, exchanging caring glances while embracing each other a moment.

"Thank you..." Charise whispered to Felicia while still hugging her.

"Of course. You're practically my sister, I care about you," Felicia replied back gently.

As the two finished bonding they noticed their small trainer had dragged some supplies to their cooking area and Kaine, dutifully already on cue, was lighting the fire to start it all.

"Everything ok? Did I miss anything?" Felicia asked, making sure she wasn't neglecting to bring happiness to another person she loved just as much.

"...Florina called. She uh... Found out about the door that uh... M-max destroyed...when he saved me from Mamba... She was... less than thrilled..." The magnolia clad Gardevoir hesitated to inform her sister, knowing she really didn't need to say more words than "Florina called".

"Eh? Wh-- Oooooh, actually I think that was April..." Felicia clarified hesitantly and nervously.

"Oh? OH--!" Charise gasped while realizing who April must have seen her as, "Oh... Oh dear... I-I thought... I completely forgot April...H-her late mother and I are so similar... Well, it doesn't matter what I thought or forgot, does it...? I've really done quite a good job of screwing things up for myself and others, h-haven't I?"

"I dunno, I personally kinda think being strong while watching the person you've deeply loved basically your entire life fall in love with someone else and then when you tried to get over them with someone new and they ended up kinda captivated, so to speak, by someone else they'd known longer is more like getting screwed over by others instead of screwing up," Felicia responded, earning herself a speechless Charise, complete with a gaping mouth, winked at the Gardevoir while adding wittily, "But, you know, that's just me."

"Heh! Where did I go right to deserve those as wonderful as you and Rosie in my life?" Charise laughed, though genuinely pondered this question she almost didn't mean to blurt out loud.

"Helped raised the girl who ended up helpin' raisin' us, duh," Felicia answered while jerking her head towards Ro, both mocking and mimicking Cadence with that finishing "duh".

Charise guffawed for just a moment, and followed the Blissey's motion, eyeing the sweet girl who had already begun kneading the dough while Kaine hungrily stared and awaited food. The Embrace Pokemon rolled her eyes at his antics, but brought her attention back to Felicia when she felt a nudge from her and cocked her head in confusion.

"Be with her. Here. Now," Felicia suggested, "I think... You two could use some time together."

It was true: Ever since her feelings for Ro were now no longer becoming bearable, less now with an impending inevitable rejection from Max, she wasn't really too keen on the idea... but...

Maybe... Maybe just for now... She could pretend it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. Just her and Ro.

"When I was young, no doubt about it
Had someone watchin' over me~"

The Gardevoir began singing as she approached the tiny songstress who, as Charise fathomed, on cue, continued with:

"They were small, cute, and tiiiny
Did I mention fluffy as can be~?"

Then the two sang, in perfect unison:

"When I was too sick to be myself
They would always be there to cuddle me!

I guess Buneary's just love to hug
Especially when you're 3' feet 3!"

"OH! OH MY GOSH!" Cadence gasped upon hearing this song, almost about to run off and leave Venin when she got an idea, "Hey! Unca! Wanna go to a free concert!?"

Gently but pleadingly, Cadence, with her feelers, guided Venin (and motioned for Alistair and Serenity to follow them) to the cooking area and, being the Pop Princess' Sylveon she was at heart, jumped into the song like she wrote it:

"They were velvet, they were sweet
They took all of my ills and woes!
I tried to tell mama, she didn't believe me
She say sometimes sickness comes and goes!

But I know better
I know that it's truuue~!
When my little Buneary had to leave me
It was on pure white wings they flew~!"
And so now that I know they're needed

I'm gonna send them straight to yoooou~!"

The three, now in harmony while still preparing the food, were joined by humming coming from Felicia and Magnus (after he shortly got out of the lake and dried himself off) upon hearing the singing! Kaine, stunned and impressed, awed over what was happening before him, almost not believing this!

"VEL-VET AAAAN-GEL~!!!
'Cuz I know my angel is watching yooou!
They'll help you see the bad times through!

They'll always be there, when you're down!

Remind you you're the best around!

VEL-VET AAAAN-GEL~!!!

Traded in their velvet for wings!
All just to make your heart sing!

I know they're watching over me~!
I swear they're not a fantasy!

VEL-VET AAAAN-GEL~!!!"

Feeling all the weight of the world gradually lift from her shoulders with every note sung the young girl and her Pokemon, her sisters, sang and danced as they baked the bread in their portable little oven box, the alluring aroma and their vocal melodies surrounding the area.

Singing and dancing for her friends, this feeling of bringing joy to those around her that inspired her to be a singer in the first place, filled her heart once again. She wasn't even aware of how empty it had been before this.
She was no longer as tired.
She was no longer as hurt.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers
Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles

Venin was caught off guard by Cadence's excited yelling, but could not help but feel as if he was melting around her. He had a soft spot for those a lot younger than him, like Cadence in this case. He then gave a low growl with a nod.

"Sure thing Cadence! This old rock could use some practice catching things anyways."

He said jokingly as he heard singing from Charise and Rosie. "Weird... I never thought the girl can sing. Maybe the old man did something to her, or maybe... for her..." He thought as Cadence guided him to the cooking area. Who was he to deny the little Sylveon an offer of a free concert? In his mind, he would do anything for her, and everyone else around him, and the scars on his body show that he is capable of pretty much anything. He listened on with Cadence singing, and he was blown away, this is what he was missing in his life. A sea of happiness drowning him in wonder and bliss as he listened. He felt the ever exhausting weight of his anger, his frustration, and his sadness simply dissolve in the warm air of music.

Alistair noticed singing, and saw the sylveon motioning for both him and Serenity to follow her to the cooking area, and they did. He could not believe what he was hearing, then remembered the song that was played back at Florina's.

"Oh my Arceus... is that really her singing?!?! I never thought I would be friends with a singer in my life! and such a young one at that!" He thought as he felt the music take hold of him, and enjoyed the sounds and singing.

Serenity was quite surprised by the spectacle, but she was captivated by the singing that had just started up, and could not help but feel a smile on her face as she watched Venin and Alistair enjoy it all. She felt like a massive weight was lifted off her soulders, and fell in bliss produced by the song. All her worries and troubles simply melted like a casing of ice. Minako Minako

Walking off back into the forest, Latios and Max not far behind, they met back up with the rest of the group they had left behind. "Alright... We're back, lets all pack up. We need to move to the location Nathans going to meet us at. We've got one last thing to do before we move on."
Assailant Assailant Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Minako Minako

Thunder trekked through the forest at a rather slow pace. The small Pichu was tired as starving and thirsty beyond belief. The Electric-type didn't know how he was able to survive this long on his own without the safety and protection of his parents. In every sense of the word, he should have died long before now. He didn't go around another Pokemon or humans and he just barely got by with what little food and water he could find. It was a miracle in itself that he was still alive right now.

The sound of running water was what drove him to the river. He made his way over to it, cupping his paws to allow the water to be held there before he brought it up to his lips to drink greedily. He drank it until his thirst was fulfilled. A wonderful smelling scent hit his nose and it twitched as he sniffed the air. What was that? His ears perked up upon hearing what sounded like singing coming from a distance away from where he was. Close by, but not close enough for him to see who or what it was.

After a moment to consider if he should go or not, the Pichu made up his mind. He would go to see what was going on where the singing and freshly baked food was coming from. Perhaps if he was lucky, he would be able to snag something to eat and get away before anyone hopefully saw him. He didn't like the idea of stealing from others, as that was wrong as his mother had told him, but he needed to in order to survive. Besides, it wasn't like they would miss one mere piece of food, right?

With that thought in mind, Thunder began to make his way towards the group. He kept out of sight as best he could along the way, not wanting to be spotted. He hid in some bushes close by, looking out at the group. It seemed like there were some Pokemon that were singing their hearts out about something that he didn't understand. But that was a given as he didn't know what was going on. Regardless, he had to admit that it sounded pretty. They were good singers.

The Pichu listened as they sang, a small smile appearing on the Electric-type's face. He shook his head. He couldn't get distracted. He needed to figure out a way to get some food away from them. He truly felt bad for stealing from the group as they seemed like such nice people and Pokemon, but he didn't know what else he was supposed to do. If he continued with the way he was going, he would surely die before too long.

However, before he could make any move towards them, two more newcomers appeared. His eyes widened at the sight of the Latios. He had never seen one before, but he heard stories about them and other legendary Pokemon when he was younger. He began having second thoughts about taking food from the group. If they had such a powerful Pokemon on their side, it wouldn't be a good idea for him to take anything from them. Not to mention, the other Pokemon also looked to be quite strong as well. There would be no way for him to stand a chance if a battle broke out.

Thunder began to back away further into the bush to make his escape before anyone saw him. Unfortunately for him, upon doing so, he made it rustle loud enough to be heard if one was paying close enough attention. This caused the Pichu to freeze and hold his breath in fear. He hoped none of them had heard that.

As Max arrived, he smiled hearing the music. His paws rustled against the grass as he let out a content sigh, before suddenly perking up. His smile returned as his walking stick plodded against the dirt, moving past the group and grabbing some food for himself. As he began eating slowly, he took half of his portion and surreptitiously tossed it by the bush where Thunder was, despite never opening his eyes.

"Do not worry, little Pichu, we will not hurt you. Feel free to eat that, it is yours." With that, he stretched with a less content sigh than before.

"Yes," he spoke aloud this time, "I agree. We are... we are having a funeral ceremony for our departed Amber." He shook his head sorrowfully, clearly exhausted. "Nathan invited you all to attend if you wish, but you are not required to. That said... you all should at least come closer. We should not stay separated for so long."

Minako Minako Latios Latios Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles

The three singing girls holding their mini concert were all stunned by the arrival of the other group after the chorus of their song. Rosie practically jumped in the air, Charise gasped and covered her mouth, and Cadence also jumped at their sudden appearance, but after wards tried to play it aloof and cool so as not to lose her "street cred".

"Arcues!! Do we need to put some bells on you people so we know when you're here or what!?" Cadence "angrily" (poorly hiding the rare moment she actually felt shy and bashful) snared at them.

"Dear, there's no shame in being shy during and after performances: It's not their fault we were too wrapped up in our song to notice them," Charise gently notified her.

"Wh-whatever!" Cadence responded, soundlessly and wordlessly scrunching her face at them all and sticking her tongue out at them.

Charise and Rosie looked at each other hesitantly, never-minding Cadence, when Max spoke. Knowing it was the right thing to do despite how awkward it was going to be.

Charise sort of bit her lip and nodded to the group as Felicia and Maggie swooped in to pass out food (Felicia made it a point to ignore Edron and not give him anything) to the returning group.

"S-so... A-amber is the Gardevoir that--"
"Yes, dear. It would appear they finally have Nathan back to have a proper funeral for her after all this time,"
Charise and Rosie telepathically communicated for fear of being disrespectful.

Knowing what was coming up just showered the both of them in slight despair, and they couldn't help but wonder what type of person Amber and Nathans trainer was. They didn't dare ask, though.

For Charise, it was not only out of respect but she...

She was just going to be plain honest with herself: She needed some space from Max. Rosie it was impossible to get space from because space from Rosie could lead to her untimely death (and Ceres was right on another level that Rosie HAS almost died once)... but Max? Max she could (and should) get space from.

Besides, she knew once he figured out her feelings he'd reject her, so why rush that?
If possible, she could be rejected by him right when this was all over and they'd never have to see each other or face the awkward that comes after that.
Honestly, at this point she was just glad that, despite liking them when they clearly had absolutely no interest in her, she could at least have space away from them and not have to worry they'd die tragically or something without her.

She was suddenly yanked back to happier emotions when a small hand firmly patted her shoulder. It was Kaine.

"Hey, you alright there?" He asked in a comforting manner.

"Ah! Yes! Yes, I'm fine!" Charise answered a but too enthusiastically, "Just.. uhm... you know... Nervous about..--"
She wasn't sure how to finish that sentence when Max could hear, so she opted to just say, "The... inevitable."

Kaine, wrongfully thinking she meant this funeral being talked about, nodded and smiled at her to show his support, happy to get a smile back.

"Of course we'll go, Max!" Rosie finally responded to the blind Lucario, since it seemed Charise was hesitant to.

Cadence, on the other hand, heard the rustling from the bushes, and she wasn't about to let them be ambushed by a stray shadow or something. Cadence knew the dealio. Cadence knew what carelessness led to.

She didn't let the potential enemy catch on she was onto them, instead perked her ears and skipped to where they could possibly be hiding, and slowly walked there while sniffing the ground...

"Hmmm..." Cadence duly stared, and then pretended to walk away... Right before turning around and stretching out her feelers to catch whatever was in there, "Ha!"

Assailant Assailant
Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles

Last edited:
“I think everyone should come anyways. No point in not and it’s better to stay together anyways.” Said Latios. “Either way, we should go now, won’t take her long to get things prepared so might as well be there before she’s ready.”

Once Latios finish speaking, Emlas approached him. “Um... Hey Latios, I was wondering... what exactly is a funeral. I mean I get it had to do with... the dead. But that’s about it.”

“If I had to explain it I would say it’s something like a party. But no one is there to celebrate. Rather they are they to remember the one who had died and bury them. To put there soul to rest I’m a way. It’s different with humans since they don’t have the possibility of a soul dew, so they host funerals for themselves and their Pokémon.”
Assailant Assailant Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Minako Minako

The Lucario nodded somberly. "Well then, let us be off..." He stepped away from the bush, chuckling very lightly at Cadence's playful attempt to grab the Pokemon he knew was hiding there. His "cane" gently rapped against the ground as he walked, his aura sensors dimming somewhat. It was, to say the least, a somber occasion... he had enough sorrow within himself without absorbing it from those around him, although that was inevitable.

Nathan gently nodded to the men present. As much as she wished desperately that she could have had some grand ceremony, she was well aware of the delicate nature of the situation they were in. She refused to leave without a ceremony of some kind... but, begrudgingly, she knew it had to be brief. As such, she went ahead and had the official "ceremony" while waiting for the others to arrive. It wasn't much: just four guys carrying the casket in and saying some official sounding words and digging a hole in the ground. This wasn't really the part she cared as much about: that came next. Still though, it was important to observe. April stood next to her, eyes boring like drills into the ground. Next to her, Orion and Darin stood side by side, with Orion clutching Darin's floofy tail for comfort. On the end stood Tyler, seemingly still refusing to entirely accept that this was happening, standing stiff like a soldier at attention. Arcanus had been released too, and was doing whatever he chose to do.

As the words concluded, the officiant looked over at Nathan with an understanding smile.

"That concludes the official ceremony. Now, if you'd like, we can help take care of the burial, but I understand you're waiting on some acquaintances still?" Nathan let out a jagged sigh and nodded.

"Yes, thank you. We can take it from here, you all can go back to your lives. I'm sorry for inconveniencing you." The four men who carried in the casket walked off with a curt nod, but the officiant waved his hand dismissively.

"Not at all, miss Howitz. Without you and yours, I may not have a life to go back to." Nathan smiled gently and nodded, but said nothing as a pained expression washed back over it. He began to walk away, but as he passed by Nathan he gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm... truly sorry for your loss. I know nothing I say will comfort you, but I want you to know that my family is incredibly grateful for what you did... and what she did. She will be missed dearly by all who knew her." Once again, Nathan nodded without saying anything. The man pat her shoulder once more comfortingly before leaving for real. Nathan made an audible swallow, as if trying to push a lump in her throat down, before turning to Arcanus with a wide smile.

"Alright!" She said in a cheery tone. "Now the waiting begins for those others to get here. Geez, they sure are taking awhile." She tapped her feet and looked at an invisible watch. "I feel like it's been a month just waiting for these guys."

Daisie Daisie Latios Latios Minako Minako

Users who are viewing this thread

Back