• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Emlas was a bit taken back by his question. She hadn’t expected the subject to change so quickly. “Oh... well, I’m a Lati, a Latias more specifically.” She said blushing at the ‘pretty’ comment.
Assailant Assailant

"You got that right. But.... In all honesty, I don't care about dying anymore...... I just want all this to stop. One way.... Or another." Alistair said as he sat down, and sighed. " I am just tired.... Tired of all the death, the sadness..... I am tired of losing....."

He felt as if a weight was off his shoulders, but he still felt as if he had to save the world, for the sake of everyone he lost. A tear slid down his face, followed by a quiet sniffle. Serenity came to her trainer's aid, and tried rubbing her head on his shoulder, which received a pat on the head, and a saddened smile that isn't fooling anyone. "I am fine..... Really....." Minako Minako

The Embrace pokemon, through all distractions, kept her eyes subtly on Kaine. She almost wanted to talk to him, but she didn't want to ignore Max, and didn't want Kaine to catch on she was suspicious of him.... Admittedly, she didn't know exactly what about that past conversation WAS suspicious... Hang on, did he just glance over at Ro quickly...as if checking her location?

Charise narrowed her eyes at the Charizard before she heard the Aura pokemon she was trying to get over speak to her again, and sort of looked at Max a moment after he was done speaking, stunned in silence and confusion. She was glad he couldn't see or sense her slowly turn her head his way and raise her brow.

"Eh, what? Hm, I wonder why he's with me right now? Wouldn't now be a good time to be with Emlas? When we're safe?" Charise asked , trying to pay more attention to Max this time, though the obvious rejected parts of her didn't really want to, then she realized,holding back sighing, "Oh...right... he can't get around, he can't get to Emlas..."

"Uhm, thank you, Max I'll keep that in mind..." She began, looking away a second and hesitantly asking, "Do... you... need help getting... somewhere?"

She didn't have the heart to ask if he wanted to be with Emlas.

Rosie looked heartbroken and gasped at Alistars words and tear. He seemed like such a carefree guy, and to think he too was suffering so much underneath it all wasn't exactly shocking. She wanted to comfort him, somehow, though she didn't really know how.

It must have been such a burden for him to be practically the only human in the group.... This group that had the fate of the world in their hands... It must have been so lonely.

Even lonelier now that he had lost someone dear to him. Family dear to him. While technically it would have been like losing Synne rather than Charise, since the lost Genesect was his siblings pokemon and not his, it still would have been a blow to her heart losing Synne as well... She could only fathom what Alistar was feeling.

"Hey..." Ro began gently, patting the only other human around, and softly smiled at him, "Why don't I pay a small tribute to him? To Genesis? W-we didn't really get a chance to mourn him until now, s-so..."

She stepped back a bit, hung her head a tad, placed her hands together as if in a prayer, tucked them in gently under her chin, and closed her eyes.

Then, she began to sing:

♪ ♫ Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed! ♫ ♪

She opened her eyes to bashfully glance at Alistair's reaction, and looked away blushing just a tad, adding in a stutter, "I... I'm sure you'll see them again, Alistair... One day... But... I think... When you do... They'll wanna hear stories... Happy stories about your wonderful life... So... Let's go make some happy memories and stories to tell them, okay? ...I-I could use your help with the rest of the cooking...haha..."

She then looked at him again, extending a hand to him with a shy smile.

Assailant Assailant
Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Max frowned when Charise spoke up. Why did she ask him that? Did he seem like he wanted to be somewhere else? Or perhaps, she would rather he be somewhere else? Did she want him gone? Sensing her emotions did not help him come to any more of a decisive conclusion.

He thought for a moment, trying to decide how he should best respond, before trying to give Charise a comforting smile. "Charise... if you want me to leave and give you time alone, then just say the word, and I will do so. However..."

The arm that was patting her back reached around and gripped her far arm, pulling her into a bit of a side hug. He blushed gently and smiled once more. "Do not fear that you are being a burden. I am happy to be here with you and help you as you need. I aim to be where I am needed."

"And... even if you do not need me... I would still like to stay around, if I may..."

Minako Minako

April huffed and thought for a moment on the apology. "I, uh... I've never, really... apologized... at least, it's been awhile." She chuckled nervously and looked awkwardly at Emlas and Tyler. "When should I... is now a good time? Or later? And how do I even...?" She trailed off, unsure of how to proceed.

Daisie Daisie

Tyler cocked his head. "Ooh, a Latias? That's a pretty name." He pouted and huffed after that statement, looking away. "It's a lot better than 'Ralts,' that's for sure." After a few moments of pouting, he seemed to come to a realization. "Hey, wait... I feel like I've heard about Latias before... I think dad mentioned something about them a really long time ago, maybe?" He seemed lost in thought, trying to figure it out before suddenly having an epiphany. "Oh right! It's that you guys are like super rare or something! It must be really cool to be unique like that!"

Latios Latios

Arcanus chuckled a little as April started stammering. "It is clear this is new to you. An apology is important... It comes from the heart. So simply... Let the kind, humble part of your heart flow. Feel your humility, and your apology should be genuine."

He headed a few steps towards Tyler and Emlas, tugging at April's wing. "Come on, now. There is no time like today; we could be dead tomorrow."

Assailant Assailant

"Oh, I wouldn't say that." Emlas started. "Our... uniqueness as you put it, has caused a many of problems for us. While not so much me personally. My brothers there have both their own tales on how it's affected them." After pausing for a moment she continued. "Main the problem of being unique stemming from humans. They... Well lets just say there are many humans who've done bad things to us. Latios especially, I'm... not quite familiar enough with Edron there to know his story. Latios knows him better than I do. Either way, my whole family, or whats left of it, has a grate mistrust for humans. And since I don't want the same things to happen to me, I follow suit a lot."
Assailant Assailant

"Oh..." Tyler frowned and thought about that. He pursed his lips and seemed to rack his brain for a response before turning to Emlas with a solemn look. "...After April told me about... where I came from, I went to talk to mom about it." He looked away in shame. "She... wasn't happy... I guess that makes sense. Do you wanna know what she told me?" Without waiting for a response, he continued.

"Mom told me that, after it happened, she got really scared around people. She would not go outside, and the only person she trusted anymore was dad. More than anything else, though, she was scared of boys." Tyler curled up and reluctantly continued. "Whenever my older brother, Darin, tried to play with her, she would panic. Even though he was just a little boy, and she knew he was really sweet, she couldn't help it. Even when she managed to get herself to start going outside again, she wasn't good around boys. She said she even ran into a boy who was beginning to become a recurring customer of dad's, Max, but though he seemed nice she could not talk to him." Tyler glanced over to the Lucario nearby. He had seen him once or twice before all of this, but he had never really had a conversation with him before other than pleasant hellos.

"She said that, when I was born, she was really scared that she was going to hate me or be terrified by me..." Tyler smiled at Emlas. "But... when I was born... mom said she felt love like she never had before. She said she loves me more than she had ever loved anyone." His face fell heavily. "Well... 'loved' me... I guess..." There was a long pause before he started up again. "She... she told me that her entire world changed when I was born... and that despite everything, she couldn't be happier."

Tyler looked over to Emlas. "What I mean is that there's a lot of really mean and nasty people in the world, Pokemon and humans. If you don't give everyone a chance though, you'll miss a lot"

Latios Latios

"N-now?" April got up and followed along with Arcanus's tugs, resisting somewhat but only halfheartedly and getting brought along. "O-oh man, speaking from the heart... th-that's risky"

Daisie Daisie

Last edited:
"Those who wear their hearts on their sleeves are the true warriors of the world; the risk of those hearts being damaged has and will continue to exist, but we do it, nonetheless." Arcanus said in his signature speech-like manner. "I did not get to know you by hiding in my shell, did I? Let your heart show."

Assailant Assailant

Emlas was kinda surprised at how wise this youngling was. Apparently looks could be deceiving. Although he was still a child either way. “I know that there are good humans out there. They can’t all be bad. And I think deep down Latios knows that too. However his past experiences have lead him to not want to take the chances and the results could be as catastrophic as he’s experienced. And because of that he doesn’t want me to take the chances either. I am however rather interested about humans. They live so different compared to us. Not to mention the strange weird stuff they make. And yet at the same time they don’t have anything special physical qualities about them like Pokémon do.” She stated. “However, I’m not really allowed to learn about them as that would require me going up to one and Latios is too worried something may happen to me. Which... in a way, I agree with him, but it is a bit of a bummer. However I don’t argue with his judgement in that matter for he is right in a way.”
Assailant Assailant

Charise now was narrowing her eyes at the blinded Lucario.

Did he... really have no intention of wanting to be with Emlas?

She sort of looked Emlas' way, and almost pointed at her, but she not only didn't have the heart again to bring Max's feelings for Emlas up but also he was blind and couldn't really see her.

She took a look at Emlas and saw that she was with Tyler, who Charise hadn't realized had woken up! Then she remembered about earlier, and how Emlas must be upset due to what happened, and figured it was best to leave the Lati's be. They'd, undoubtedly, be more discriminatory towards Ro than ever (despite how vastly unfair that was), and Alistair as well, but it seemed not even the pokemon would be given mercy (which... considering it was a pokemon who suggested what they did... it did make sense).

She felt a tinge of anger, but tried to kill it with understanding, and would keep a sharp eye on Ro to make sure if they were served dinner they wouldn't hurt her in the process... perhaps Charise would serve them instead...

Then it hit her that must be why Max was here, with her, and not Emlas: Because she was very upset over being told to sacrifice herself.

Charise would be as well.

Of course that was why. Why else would he waste his time here? For this mere Embrace pokemon?

Preposterous...

"Ah, of course, of course!" Charise replied with forced gusto, hiding pained emotions and a pained smile to go with it, "I was going to read a book while waiting for dinner since Ro no longer needs my help since we have actual cooking utensils now, haha... I would say that's a... well a tad bit boring but, uh... I'd imagine after all the "excitement" in this adventure you wouldn't mind boring, would you, haha...?"

Assailant Assailant

Tyler looked down darkly at Emlas's response. "Yeah... well... it wasn't a human who killed mom, was it?" He was quiet for some time, seeming to pick at the ground absentmindedly and running his hand in circles on the ground before looking back to Emlas. "How... how wa-" He stopped as he heard steps approaching them. Looking over, he saw-

Tyler jumped up and hid behind Emlas, closing his eyes tightly and refusing to face the bird. April huffed and looked over at Arcanus reluctantly before turning back to face Emlas. "... can we talk for a moment?"

Latios Latios Daisie Daisie

Max sighed quietly at Charise's response. He could still sense she was covering up her emotions: did she truly not realize that she could not hide her emotions from him even if both of them wanted? At this point, however, it was obvious that she was not going to open up or openly refuse, she was just going to continue pretending like it didn't exist.

He'd talk to her about that later. For now, it was evident progress was not going to be made.

In the meantime, Max smiled and nodded. "Without a doubt. I would enjoy such quiet time. What book are you reading?"

Minako Minako

"O-oh, uhm, a-ah... Well, I have--" Charise bumbled.

It was at this moment the magnolia-clad Gardevoir knew she had screwed up. The only books available were the digital children's book in Ro's phone she downloaded earlier (which she should not waste the valuable battery of, granted where they were... a REALM away from the nearest electrical outlet) and... The book Mamba gave to her.
Romeo and Juliet.

The book she had wanted to read with Ro.

She bit her lip to not make a sound, and honestly.... this was as good as she was going to get anyway (reading it not with Ro and subtle romantic advances but a Lucario she was trying to kill her surprisingly blossoming romantic feelings for who was captivated by a Latias) so she really should take what she could get.

She would have gladly purchased a new book on the app store... If there was internet in this realm... which there assuredly was not.

"W-well... U-uh..." She bit her lip and looked away, hesitantly adding after more than a few uncomfortable moments, "R-romeo and Juliet... It was... a gift from Mamba, but... a book I'd always wanted to read... ahaha..."

She prayed to Arceus that Max couldn't complete that sentence with "with Ro."

The nervous laughter, she hoped, hid how awkward this was... While silently coming to grips with the fact it hid nothing at all.

"...I completely understand if you want to change your mind on reading with me..." She added after that bit of unpleasantness.

Assailant Assailant

Max shook his head. "Of course not, I'd like to read it with you. I know the premise of the book, but I have never read it myself. Although..." He sighed. "You do not need to feel obligated to be with me, Charise. I can tell you are somewhat uncomfortable. If you do not wish to, that is fine." He chuckled somberly. "Besides, I cannot even read as it is. What with my... condition and all."

Charise was sending mixed signals all over the place. He'd been able to put together far more than Charise would probably like him to have. Even still, however, some of her reactions were beyond his reckoning. She was a confusing one, for sure.

"If you would simply like to be with Odin, that is alright. I will not be hurt."

Minako Minako

It was funny Max brought up "Odin" and wanting to be with "him", as the Gardevoir could have sworn she had heard her sisters beautiful voice... And then hung her head in defeat as she gave Ro's phone one last look before pressing the "home" button and exiting out of the text app used to view her and Elias' conversation.

She knew Ro had crushes before that ended in disaster. It almost made her chuckle thinking about how catastrophic some of her previous endeavors were. Her past crushes before Elias never bothered her at all because none of them were ever serious about Rosie, and the girls naive attachment was more infatuation than love with boys she "liked liked".

But, Elias...

From the very beginning, She could tell something was different about that boy. How Ro looked at him. How Ro spoke to him. How Ro spoke about him. Even earlier, despite almost kidnapping her, Rosie defended him to Alistair...

Around herself and others, Rosalina was always a shy little thing, almost hiding behind Charise but then remembering that she was supposed to protect her Kirlia.

Yet, with that boy... She was outspoken, determined beyond measure, headstrong, flirtatious...

It pained her to say this, but he brought out her "Meridian" far before Cornelia slapped a pink wig and microphone on Ro.

Rosie loved him... and there was no pokemon move in existence that could truly erase those feelings... Much as Charise almost wished there was.

Charise shook her head from that dreadful pain of thought and stroll down memory lane, choosing to focus on the lesser of the pains, of course being Max. At the very least, she had only known him a couple of days, this small crush would surely die soon?

"N-no, no, it's fine! I-I'm not that uncomfortable, even! Besides, Sh-she's busy anyway..." Charise quickly answered, then running everything else he had said before hand and taking a moment to address that as well.

"O-oh, uhm... I-I was actually going to read it aloud if you choose to join me.... I-I'm... well aware of your... situation," Charise explained bashfully, glad he couldn't see how bright red in embarassment her face was.

Assailant Assailant

Max smiled a sympathetic smile. "I would really enjoy that." He paused a bit, thinking on everything he had sensed and heard. "Charise..." He paused and sighed. "Do not stew on pain and loss. Companionship may be closer than you could hope to believe." He smiled once again at her. "If you wish to truly understand the world, you must first accept that you do not understand it at all. Tear down all of your preconceptions and build a new gestalt from current observations. You may notice that your current situation is not as it seems. In every aspect of life, this is true." He leaned back a bit and took a dip breath.

Minako Minako

Charise sort of looked at Max in pure confusion, not expecting to hear any of what he was saying right now and wondering where on earth some of that came from.

Companionship was closer than she thought? Surely he means platonically?

Though, with Ro and her family always nearby that was stating the rather obvious, was it not?

Perhaps Charise could interpret it as romantically sometime in the not so distant future?

She supposed she did stew in the inevitable rejection should she tell Ro how she felt... She was hoping it wasn't that obvious but she supposed her and her sister always did wear their hearts on their sleeves.

She was right that she didn't understand the world. Any of it.

For a moment Max's words reminded of her cumbersome brother, who always did say "The first step to becoming intelligent is to understanding you ain't s#$!"... except more eloquently put.

Though she really didn't know what he was getting at with the "all is not as it seems" bit... It was pretty clear cut what was going on???

Not that she didn't appreciate his words, just wondering why he felt he needed to say them... Though sensing her emotions as he did he probably felt responsible to help her get over him would be her best guess.

She gently smiled back, for the first time in a bit wishing he actually could see her. She shook the bad thoughts away and supposed that she'll get over him soon and that it was better that way (especially when it came time to say goodbye after all this is said and done if all goes well) and that at least she knew him at all and was his friend.

"Heh... right..." Charise genuinely cheered with a sincerely happy expression, doing her best to just brush it all away, "Well, then, shall we?"

She gently tugged on him to get up so she could help guide him to Ro's backpack, where the book in question had been kept.

Assailant Assailant

Emlas cautiously back away from the bird as she approached. She currently wanted nothing to do with the bird that threatened her life at this given time. Edron saw her approach as well and prepared himself to attack if she got too close. Latios didn't stop him either like before as he too was pissed at the bird. "What do you want." Emlas said angrily
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

April grimaced. "You know what, if you're going to be like that then maybe you really should-!" She paused for a moment and looked back to Arcanus. He was her anchor, something she knew she could always rely on. Looking at him brought her out of it for just long enough to be able to reel herself back in and deeply inhale and exhale for a few moments.

"Look, I..." She clawed at the ground uneasily. Her stomach felt like it was doing flips and twists. She hadn't meaningfully apologized in a long time, at least not to anyone but Arcanus, and... he was different! She loved him, making up with him was natural, but these two? Whether or not she was wrong, she still had quite the disdain for both of them, namely the little twerp hiding, and that couldn't just be erased even if she wished it would.

Besides, it's not like she was truly sorry for everything. Tyler... Tyler, she could begrudgingly admit she was wrong all these years. Her emotions still drove her to hate him, but she could at least acknowlege that was unfair. But Emlas? Her actions in the beginning were wrong without a doubt, but she really did believe that the Latis were being selfish here. She believed everything she'd said recently, even now.

She supposed she could be a bit more sensitive about it. Even if only for pragmatism's sake.

"I... look, I just... I feel like..." she was tripping over her words, she couldn't help it. Her feathers ruffled up as she shook herself a tad, trying to get it out of her. "I'm sorry," she bluntly stated with perhaps a bit more force than apologies warranted. "To... to both of you." She rubbed the back of her head with her wing, her plume billowing up as she did so. "I've been unreasonable and unfair for awhile now, and... well a dick is understating it, but... you know, I..." There she went again tripping up. How did this come naturally to people?!

"I'd like to make things right... though I know that will take awhile, probably, I mean... yeah, so... yeah..." What was she doing? What did she want to say? She said sorry, which is what she came to say, but... it felt like she should say more? Arcanus said speak from the heart, right? So...

April lowered her eyes and spoke more softly than usual. "I was... a very scared Pokemon for many years... and I pushed creatures away because I was honestly afraid to like them. I thought... I knew that if I liked someone they would betray me in some way. Emlas, I think that's why I lashed out against you especially..." her voice quieted to an almost inaudible whisper and she almost faced the opposite direction, unable to look at the Latias. "You were so cheerful and bubbly... I was terrified that you'd be too easy to like... that and some jealousy maybe... so I had to pull you down to my level as quick as possible, to both reinforce my disdain for you and to prove to myself that no one is perfectly happy..." She was quiet for some time, seemingly working up the courage to continue. "A-and well, I..." her voice was becoming a bit louder and taking on its normal aggressive tone. "You know, so whatever, I just..." No! Stop thinking about what to say and just talk.

She sighed and her voice quieted down once again. "Tyler, you... you were the same, but... you had the added detriment of being mom's favorite and being... y'know... a-a reminder of why..." Her words trailed off as Tyler seemed confused and peeked just a bit but still clutched to Emlas.

"Now though..." she softly smiled, still looking a bit away from the two. "Now I've found love... and I've begun to remember what it's like to let people into your heart. I..." her face fell as her eyes closed. Her face became pained as she remembered everything. "I was too late to let mom back into my heart... and I didn't realize how stupid I'd been until it was too late... and I'll never be able to forgive myself." One last exhale. "I don't want to make that mistake again."

Latios Latios Daisie Daisie

Max smiled and nodded. He still had some ways to go with her, but this was a very good start. He blushed somewhat as he placed his paw in her hand and began to get up, lifting his walking stick into his other. Finally, he'd get to spend some time with her that wasn't miserable.

He gently reached up and adjusted the magnolia still cladding his head by his left ear. It felt soft and delicate, as if still young in the garden. He wished he could see it, and found himself slightly unnerved to realize that he had to struggle to recall what it looked like. He was beginning to find that true of many things. The mind adapts rapidly, and while that's often a beautiful thing, he found himself somewhat scared of it at the moment.

Ah well. It didn't matter right now. Right now he got to spend some time with Charise, and that made him happy. He could sense her feelings for Odin, and it somewhat hurt him, but he knew that was more than unfair to her and ridiculous on his part. Besides, at the end of the day, he was just happy to be around her. He didn't need anything more out of it than that.

That did not, however, satisfy the growing longing in his heart.

Minako Minako

The Embrace pokemon, through all distractions, kept her eyes subtly on Kaine. She almost wanted to talk to him, but she didn't want to ignore Max, and didn't want Kaine to catch on she was suspicious of him.... Admittedly, she didn't know exactly what about that past conversation WAS suspicious... Hang on, did he just glance over at Ro quickly...as if checking her location?

Charise narrowed her eyes at the Charizard before she heard the Aura pokemon she was trying to get over speak to her again, and sort of looked at Max a moment after he was done speaking, stunned in silence and confusion. She was glad he couldn't see or sense her slowly turn her head his way and raise her brow.

"Eh, what? Hm, I wonder why he's with me right now? Wouldn't now be a good time to be with Emlas? When we're safe?" Charise asked , trying to pay more attention to Max this time, though the obvious rejected parts of her didn't really want to, then she realized,holding back sighing, "Oh...right... he can't get around, he can't get to Emlas..."

"Uhm, thank you, Max I'll keep that in mind..." She began, looking away a second and hesitantly asking, "Do... you... need help getting... somewhere?"

She didn't have the heart to ask if he wanted to be with Emlas.

Rosie looked heartbroken and gasped at Alistars words and tear. He seemed like such a carefree guy, and to think he too was suffering so much underneath it all wasn't exactly shocking. She wanted to comfort him, somehow, though she didn't really know how.

It must have been such a burden for him to be practically the only human in the group.... This group that had the fate of the world in their hands... It must have been so lonely.

Even lonelier now that he had lost someone dear to him. Family dear to him. While technically it would have been like losing Synne rather than Charise, since the lost Genesect was his siblings pokemon and not his, it still would have been a blow to her heart losing Synne as well... She could only fathom what Alistar was feeling.

"Hey..." Ro began gently, patting the only other human around, and softly smiled at him, "Why don't I pay a small tribute to him? To Genesis? W-we didn't really get a chance to mourn him until now, s-so..."

She stepped back a bit, hung her head a tad, placed her hands together as if in a prayer, tucked them in gently under her chin, and closed her eyes.

Then, she began to sing:

♪ ♫ Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed! ♫ ♪

She opened her eyes to bashfully glance at Alistair's reaction, and looked away blushing just a tad, adding in a stutter, "I... I'm sure you'll see them again, Alistair... One day... But... I think... When you do... They'll wanna hear stories... Happy stories about your wonderful life... So... Let's go make some happy memories and stories to tell them, okay? ...I-I could use your help with the rest of the cooking...haha..."

She then looked at him again, extending a hand to him with a shy smile.

Assailant Assailant
Alistair smiled, and chuckled. "Not bad, not bad at all. I see why the boys flock to you." he joked as he got up. "Sure. Maybe if you got the stuff, I can make Malasadas, an Alolan specialty." He suggested as he took her hand, like a big brother to a little sister, and walked on over to a good spot to cook on.
Serenity was happy that Alistair somewhat became his normal self, but knew he was changed for life, negatively, and positively. She followed the two, and then rubbed her head on Rosie's leg.

Rosie blushed as she took Alistair's hand, laughing nervously while thinking of a particular blond haired and blue eyed boy who was once her friend, using her other hand to quickly wave the thoughts away.

"B-boys!? Haha, wh-what boys? I don't have a boyfriend and never have, haha! Now my bestie Cornelia, on the other hand, just got one and he's pretty cute!" Rosie giggled, now her heart feeling a pang of worry for her best friend who ws still missing in action.

Why hadn't Corny texted her at the very least?

Is she... Are she and Aiden...de-

No! She can't think that way!

When Alistair mentioned cooking malasadas Rosie lit up like Kaine's tail and smiled wide, nodding fervently. She had always wanted to try those!

"Mmm, yeah, I think we have some ingredients to make some! Though, they might have to be the plain or tangy kind, since we don't have any fancy spices for the spicy kind or much jam to put in them if i'm going to finish making some puffs for the pokemon! We did get some lemons and a zester from Florina!" Rosie told Alistair, showing she knew at least a little about Malasadas!

She gasped a bit when she felt something rubbing against her leg, but then smiled and patted Serenity on the head when she saw it was just her.

Rosie went to the supply bags and brought Alistair the ingredients and utensils he'd need to cook, and brought some of her own things as well so she could cook alongside him, smiling all the while.

Since they were still close to the fire and light, and it was nearing dinner time, Rosie finally decided it was a good idea to finally release her pokemon from their pokeballs, figuring they might be hungry from everything earlier and that they deserved a treat anyway.

"Ugh.. how long were we in our pokeballs for... what the devil?" Ceres asked as she got a good look at where they were.

"Hmmm? What? Where are w-- OH BOY, OH BOY! DINNER! I'M STARVING!" Cadence at first was confused at their surroundings, but her stomach quickly shifted her priorities to more pressing matters pertaining to it.

"M-my goodness... What is this place...?" Felicia asked, looking around a bit afraid and discomforted.

"This is... uhmm... it's the rayellum... uhm..." Magnus, the only other of Ro's pokemon who hadn't been cooped up too long in their pokeball today tried to explain, but wasn't exactly competent in doing so.

"I got this, kiddo. It's the realm of Giratina, by the way," The newest member of the team, Kaine, interjected and began explaining to the ladies exactly what had transcribed while they were "away".

The Charizard guided all of Ro's team except for the human and Gardevoir somewhere private where they could talk.

"Oh my Arceus..." Ceres gaped, almost not being able to "compute" all this new information.

"Quite literally!" Cadence exclaimed, gaping a bit more than her firey sister.

"P-poor Lati's..." Felicia whimpered while gluing her eyes to the ground.

"Yeah..." Magnus murmured sadly, comprehending what happened a bit more now the second time around now that it was explained more thoroughly.

"This isn't good... On so many levels this isn't good..." Ceres grimaced, looking around for frantically, and calming down when spotting, Rosie and Alistair. She was a bit surprised to see her hat was missing, but in all the chaos that apparently happened earlier that was literally the least of their worries, adding, "Most especially for the humans in our group..."

"What?! And how do you figure that?!" Cadence protested, confused as to where that last bit came from.

"Think about it: They didn't like nor trusted humans in the first place... This is bound to make them think even LESS of them... And now it looks as if not even the pokemon of the group will be able to get in a good word with them now after that..." Ceres pointed out, looked sharply at the Lati's interacting with April.

"Well, the kid is with them, right? Surely they don't think we're all that bad now, right? And didn't Kaine say it was Feathers who said all that? Why would they fault Ro and Alistar for what she said?!" Cadence asked, still not on board with where Ceres was obviously going.

"Yes, because I'm sure Emlas is completely in her right mind and thinking clearly enough to grant everyone fairness after being told she and her brothers should kill themselves," Ceres grmily and sarcastically retorted.

"You gotta be kidd--"

"Ceres is right," Felicia finally spoke.

"WHAT?! Feli, not you too!" Cadence cried, feeling a little betrayed.

"Let's face it, Emlas, between all of them, was the only one of them who even remotely gave us a chance, and who the other two would listen to out of all of us... If we don't have even HER support now..." Felicia began, more fearful and hurt which each word.

"Oh COME ON! They're just on edge and junk! Sure, it ain't fair, but anyone would be like this! It's not like they're gonna kill us in our sleep or something! Geez!" Cadence advocated for April and the Lati's.

"And you know this how, exactly? Because the Pidgeot taught you how to improve your attack once? Need I remind you when you two "best buddies" first met she THREATENED TO KILL YOU!? Being on her side may well be the final straw that turns the Lati's against us!" Ceres replied rather sternly to the Sylveon.

"Feathers is over there right now trying to apologize it looks like! She's trying to make things right! Like she made things right with me!" Cadence continued to defend April.

"Cadence, it doesn't matter what she's doing now! Pokemon who have been through what they have aren't going to just magically change with an "I'M SORRY!", dear! It will fall a day late and dollar short to them, and all the worse that now the Lati's won't trust anyone, pokemon or human, INCLUDING EMLAS, our one advocate," Ceres stated very seriously, adding after a bit, "...We should consider leaving as soon as we can."

"WHAT!?" Cadence gasped.

"EH?!?! N-N-NO, YOU CAN'T!!!!" Kaine shouted suddenly, causing all of them to look at him. He stood stunned a moment as they gazed at him in confusion, anger, and fear.

"...Mr. Kaine...?" Magnus asked innocently.

"U-uh..." Kaine began to clarify, clearing his throat, and continuing, "Wh-what I mean is, you're judging others while fearing being judged yourselves. I-isn't that a bit hypocritical? I-I mean, yeah they're upset, but you all get no one in their right mind wouldn't be after that, right? Just give them time to cool off, I mean, they'll be throwing hissy fits, but it looks like they won't hurt Odin or Alistair, right? I-Isn't that what's important here?"

"...Tall words... coming from someone who's trainer isn't present..." Ceres replied dryly, narrowing her eyes at him while folding her arms.

"That's irrelevant and you know it," Kaine responded with equal seriousness and refusal to back down.

"He's right!" Cadence demanded, stomping her paw, and frowning at Ceres, standing by the Charizard, "Last we checked they're over there cooking happily, while the Latis aren't doing anything to them! I say we let this pass! We gotta help them or else there will be no where to LEAVE TO!"

"Y-yeah!" Kaine agreed, though sounding a bit unsure in his stance now.

The Typhlosion looked at all the members of this little meeting and sighed while frowning at the ground. The only one on her "side" to leave was Felicia, and that was definitely not the majority. Plus, it appears as if Ro herself has bonded with the other human of the group, so she wouldn't exactly be gung-ho about straight up ditching the unstable and dangerous Lati's either if it meant leaving Alistair with them. Her one hope would be to convince Alistair's group of their plight, but if his own pokemon hadn't seen the Lati's as a threat to leave by now she doubted a mere Typhlosions plea would change their minds at this point...

"...Fine," Ceres finally reluctantly agreed after some consideration, even if only a temporary truce, adding, "But Arceus as my witness if anything happens to the humans I hope the guilt eats you alive..."

"...We trust you, Kaine..." Felicia also added with some hesitance.

"R-right, got it, thanks guys," Kaine chuckled, rubbing the back of his head with his claw bashfully.

"Great!" Magnus chirped, happy everyone was all on the same page.

"Now, let's go get some grub! All this arguin' has made me one hungry Sylveon!" Cadence cheered, racing over to the humans, barking a bit, and running around their work area, hoping to be the first one to get their meal.

"Yeah, I gotta back too, need my tail to heat up everything, ya know!" Kaine chuckled, also making his way back with Magnus following him in his usual awe.

"I guess it ended as well as it could, eh, Char--...Say, where's Charise? I haven't seen her since--" Ceres began, thinking the Gardevoir had been there the whole time, then scouring the area for her, and frowning upon finally spotting her getting comfortable and cozy... With Max.

She glared and was about to march herself over to them and break up whatever was going on when a pink paw stopped her dead in her tracks.

"...Let her have this, Cee," Felicia pleaded with a gentle smile.

"But--"

"Let her have this," The Blissey gently repeated herself.

"...Ugh, very well...." Ceres exasperatedly sighed, rolling her eyes at giving in twice in a row now, adding, "I swear that cumbersome Lucario is assuredly not worth all the trouble he's brought us..."

"Mayhaps..." Felicia quietly cooed, "Mayhaps not."

The two made their way back to the humans as well, Ceres keeping to her word and leaving the Embrace and Aura pokemon alone, sitting beside their human and waiting patiently for dinner.

As they sat, Felicia took a seat next to Serenity and smiled at her.

"May we talk? Er, A-a-after dinner, o-of course?" The Blissey asked the Drampa.

While Charise could sense odd emotions coming from Max, she tried her best to mute her ability and ignore it. Sensing his disappointment due to not being able to be with Emlas would just be too much for her. She helped sit and half lay down comfortably before getting up to fetch the book

"Taaaa daa~ Here it is~!" Charise singsonged as she pulled out the book from Rosie's backpack and then placed her phone back inside of it.

She didn't bother to hold it up in a theatrical way or anything, given he was blind,

"Wow... I... Well this isn't exactly how I pictured I'd be reading Shakespeare for the first time..." She muttered absent-mindedly to herself while flipping through the pages of the book, delightedly surprised to find it still had that "new book" smell that had a positively therapeutic aroma.

She then quickly came to her senses and added, "I mean, in Giratina's realm and such... It's just surreal, you know?" She amended her statement meekly.

She snickered to herself and grabbed one of the blankets and some pillows from the supply bags, helping Max get comfortable (or as comfortable as he could be half laying down on the ground) and then sort of wiggling herself beside him, though she knew it was a bit awkward to do so. She was practically shoulder to shoulder with him half laying down now.

"Er, sorry. I can scoot away a bit if you'd like, I just figured this would be the best way to experience reading it," Charise back-pedalled a tad, but sounded confident enough not to contribute to the awkwardness.

"R-right, anyway," She began, opening the cover and flipping through the first few pages, starting in the prologue of the tale:

"Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life;
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-mark'd love,
And the continuance of their parents' rage,
Which, but their children's end, nought could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,

What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend."
Assailant Assailant

Last edited:
Alistair began slicing, chopping, and even boiling as soon as the materials were ready. The smell of food filled the air, hitting the nostrils of everyone in the general area. He loved cooking Malasadas for those he cares about, for it gives him a bit of purpose. However, he was oblivious to what Rosie's group was talking about.

"Sure! But I feel something isn't right here....." She picked up on the Blissey's nervousness, and grew a little worried. She picked up a strange feeling from the entirety of Rosie's group in fact, but she could not place it.

Meanwhile, Venin had been watching the entire time, listening in on their conversation. He, serenity, and his trainer had no problems with the lati, in fact, he admired them to an extent. But the one who caught his attention was Kaine, who seems to be acting shady, especially for a fire pokemon. He then walked up to him, with his signature angry scowl, "something wrong, kiddo?" He asked. Minako Minako

Emlas sat there with the most confused look ever. What was going on right now? Was April... apologizing? That can't be, she was always so mean. This had to be a prank, but at the same time it sounded so sincere. Emlas couldn't make heads or tails out of any of this. Should she accept the apology? But what April did... she couldn't? The young lati was extremely conflicted.
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

"Haha! Wow, Mr. Alistair! You're really good at making those!" Rosie noted cheerily, almost clapping in amazement. She didn't really have much time to watch, however, as she had to finish making the pokepuffs for the pokemon.

She calmly hummed a song of hers while taking out some jars with jam in them for the pokepuff filling.

Felicia didn't know if she wanted to laugh or cry at Serenity's observation.

"Heh... yeah, you're not kidding..." Felicia half chuckled and half sighed. She looked at serenity and then away from Serenity for a little bit. Finally settling for looking at Alistair for a bit before turning to Serenity when she began to speak.

"You... care for Alistair, right?" Felicia started with a question, and then elaborated, "What I mean is... As his pokemon... As his friend... You'd do anything to protect him and keep him safe, r-right?"

"G-gah!" Kaine nearly yelped upon hearing Venins question, his tail flame burning just a tad brighter from the shock.

He turned around quickly, surprised to see Venin there, though obviously not that surprised.

"Oooh... Hhheeeeeeeeyyy buddy..." Kaine began, clearly uncomfortable, though granted Venin's expression and startling him, wasn't too out of the norm.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Venin had listened in, at least in part, to their little "meeting" and was clearly wondering what was going on...

"Nothing's wrong... ish... You know, just making sure Ceres didn't overreact... We can't leave just because the Lati's are unhappy, of course...!" Kaine reasoned his way out of suspicion, or at least attempted to, adding, "I-I mean, you like being around Charise and everyone else, right? It would be awful if we had to stop helping the Lati's save the world just because of this, you know?"

Max smiled at Charise's awkwardness. "It is quite alright, Charise. I like where you are... it is indeed the optimal position for reading a book," he joked with a bit of a grin. He sat back and listened to her read, chuckling as she reached the end of that section. "Odd, I did not think the ending would be spoiled so soon." He quickly quieted himself once more to allow her to read, hanging on her words.

Minako Minako

"Kid. We are alot of things. Stupid isn't one of them. You all think My goofy trainer would just give up because of what happened with the Lati. I do not think so. To answer your question, and you can tell the Quilava yourself, We're staying, and ain't going anywhere." Venin was getting rather aggressive with his tone, but he did have a point. He was not going to allow Alistair and Serenity to give up just because of the situation with the Lati. This was their world, they shared it with every other living being. He would not stand anyone trying to take it from him.

"Alistair is like a son to me, been with him ever since we were infant age! Anyways, I want him to be safe and happy.... Wait.... What's going on?" Serenity asked as her mom senses started to tingle, knowing full well something was off. She looks at the Blissey with a blank expression, waiting for a response.

"Thanks! I had a lot of practice back in Alola! Now, to finish it off." He said as he set Malasadas to cool off enough to eat, quick and easy meals Alolan style. Minako Minako

Users who are viewing this thread

Back