• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: My Feet Hurt - OOC

rbifls.gif

There goes my pride as a Pokemon fan... I'll let myself out
Captain Spooks Captain Spooks
Sorry to tell you this, but Jubilife is Sinnoh.

Webs Elk Webs Elk

Hmm, battles ey? I suggest we do it more realistic like, that being having the pokemon be able to battle in a free form way rather than turn-based. I'm assuming this would be more like real life, so the battles would be much more intense than the games. So speed, bulk, power won't be the only factors but also their agility and reflexes. So they could dodge, make combos and the such like if it were real life. Though this way might be a bit hard to do, to me at least.

I was thinking about that as well but as you said, it'd probably be a bit hard to do.

Alternatively, we could do it like they do in the games. Although it's less realistic it makes it fairer and it' easier to pull off.

But truthfully there's no fun in that. >.<

Especially when you take into account all the different ways a battle could play out.

But if a victor wasn't agreed on and neither wants their character to lose, then fights will go on forever. There's really no fun in that.

theres no threat or reward if the fight is predetermined. theres no reason why the loser should bother doing it properly, either. i say we use a calculator to determine outcomes.

The actual battle part isn't what would make it unfair. The unfair part would be determining who deserves to win.

You know what, I'll hold you to that. I think that using a calculator would be too much though. Type advantages should be enough to decide which pokemon beats the other.

A) It was unintentional, but a good point, hehe Webs Elk Webs Elk

B) I like the idea of a more realistic battle. Of course, we'd have to either determine who loses beforehand or have some algorithm determining who wins.

You know what, I'll hold you to that. I think that using a calculator would be too much though. Type advantages should be enough to decide which pokemon beats the other.

That's the thing though. Type Advantages are FAR from the only thing that dtermines the outcome. You have to take into account the levels, the moveset, the skill of the trainer, the number of pokemon, and literally everything in a pokemon battle.

For example, if I had a level 10 water type and you had a level 50 fire type, despite my pokemon having a type advantage, it's just improbable that they'd win against a pokemon so much stronger than them. Although if I had 6 level 10 water types against your 1 level 50 fire type, I have a major chance of winning as I could slowly chip away your health.

However, I may have an idea that might work if everyone agrees to it.

I just want to make sure that I'm on the same page as you guys. What I think of as "determining the outcome" is less a democracy where everyone votes and forces the less popular vote to lose and more both participants coming together and deciding on who should win, taking story, character development, and the battle capability of each character and pokemon into account.

My suggestion

Pokemon Showdown Pokemon Showdown is a Pokemon Batle Simulator wheryou can build teams of pokemon and then battle against other people. The cool thing about it is the ability to personalize your pokemon including their level, moveset, gender, and even whether they're a shiny or not.

If we used this we could have the competitors first battle to determine the victor. As you're doing an actual pokemon battle, there would be no way to object to the outcome as it takes into account all the factors that may pokemon battles so complex.

To incorporate it into the RP, you could have two choices
  1. Use it to determine victor only
    1. After battling you could RP your own battle but since the victor was predetermined in a fair way, there'd be no issues with how the battle would play out. This would be the recommended choice for people who would want their battles to be more realistic.
  2. Use the battle as the actual battle
    1. After you battle, someone could share the link to the replay so everyone can see that one.This one is a bit easier to do.

A few Cons though

• Whoever is participating in the battle, both have to be online at the same time.
  • You have to make an account, although it's only a Name and a password so not a big deal
  • Although it's not hard to set up your team, if you're impatient, you might not want to do it.

Example game

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-580488345
Click the link above to see a replay of one of my battles using my pokemon for this RP (although I lost >.<)

Closing Remarks
Anyway, even if you guys do decide that this is too much work for the RP, I still recommend you try it out as it's pretty fun.

BTW, just in case you guys do sign up and want to challenge me, my username is AKKaleb, the same as this one ^.^

Votes

Last edited:
Webs Elk Webs Elk

That is... not a bad idea. I like it. I'll be signing up right away, just in case we pick that.

I'm glad you do ^.^

tbh, showdown was the calculator i was referring to XD

Woohoo! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Also, If we do choose it, if anyone needs help importing their RP team into the team builder, just let me know

This is my team BTW in the PS format needed to import

Mimikyu (M)
Ability: Disguise
Level: 34
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Astonish
- Feint Attack
- Wood Hammer

Pawniard (M)
Ability: Defiant