• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon Destiny: Web of Wyrd

Nocturne's muzzle was dug inside the basket of berries as he hunted down the remaining fruit. Only once he was sure no berry was left behind did he lift up his head, and when he did he was surprised to find Dante leaning in close to him. He didn't seem to mind much though and simply gave Dante a calm stare, as if judging him in turn.

Rue couldn't help but feel a bubble of pride at Dante's words. It was easy to forget that not everyone was a trainer, especially after spending so much time at Tuko, so seeing someone get this excited over a pokemon was quite refreshing. "Yeah, I guess that would be true. Wild Noiverns are known to be highly aggressive. Though you don't have to worry about Noc, I've known him since he hatched." she said, a happy smile growing on her face as she recalled the tiny Noibat. All this talk about pokemon seemed to have greatly improved her mood and when Sirius had his jealous outburst she let out a laugh.

At Dante's words she shrugged, "I dunno about being a really good trainer. I mean, we haven't really been out training in a while..." In truth she had been in 'retirement' up until the events at Tuko and had planned to go back to that life. But just as Dante put it, fate had other plans. Rue had never been a real believer in destiny, but she didn't have the heart nor the energy to really challenge his beliefs. While he looked on in wonder, Rue's gaze was dull. If every fate was set then what was the point of even trying? And if everything was set then why did some people have a happy end and others a tragic one? In a way it made her angry, spiteful towards the threads tugging destiny. If it really was a web then she didn't want to sit idle and accept it, she wanted to break free.

When Dante's mood fell it was painfully obvious, but Rue didn't have the slightest idea how to cheer him up. Jaz and Cece were better at that, their positivism bordering along contagious. She wished they were here. I hope Cece is okay... she thought. Fortunatly Dante dispelled the cloud of misery growing between the two by commenting on the time of night. It really was late and just the mentioning of it was enough to remind her how tired she was. For most of the night she had been running around and now that the adrenaline was starting to fade she could feel the creeping ache in her arms and legs.

Sluggishly she climbed the winding steps after Dante, and when he showed her to her room she could hardly contain her relief. She assured Dante that she wouldn't 'worry' and waved to him as he shut the door, but as soon as his footsteps faded she could feel the dread sneaking up again. With a sigh she flopped down onto the bed and blankly stared at the ceiling, wondering what the heck she was going to do. Part of her was still on the plane while the other was in shock. A soft nudge from Nocturne brought her back to reality, causing her to sit up again. The noivern pointedly turned his head to the side and when Rue followed his gaze she found the old painting.

"That's Dante, isn't it?" she observed from where she sat on the bed. "And that lady must be Beatrice. Hm, they look so happy...." It felt strange to be in the woman's old room, as if she were intruding somehow. This had been her private quarters, where she collected her thoughts. In a way, peeling back the bed sheets felt like snooping into someone's diary. "Stop being so weird and get over it..." she scolded herself before crawling under the covers.

Even though it was incredibly comfortable Rue didn't feel like sleeping, the encounter with the masked man still keeping her on edge. So instead she settled with listening to some music, her earphones glowing dully as she stared out the window.

After some time Nocturne finished exploring his surroundings (unlike his 'too-tired-to-care' partner) and eventually crawled onto the bed to curl around Rue. The last thing she recalled was leaning against his fluffy mane and closing her eyes before sleep caught up with her.
(I can post Soundcloud links too :closed eyes open smile:)

mmd_turquoise_butterfly_effect_dl_by_spakaford1-d6lt4iz.png

"Rue...Rue......"

"The butterfly fluttered its wings, the Web of Wyrd will be broken......"
"The Hurricane will soon follow, everyone will end in anguish."

"One after another......"

A whisper, so subtle yet so close echoed in your skull as you felt a chill tingling your spine, you felt a presence. His voice, like shadow appendages wrapped around you, slowly became suffocating. The pitch darkness before your eyes flashes as the presence dragged you out of your slumber in the most wicked way, you opened your eyes.

step0002-2-jpg.377741

The masked man, his blurry figure still lurked in the depth of Rue's mind now appeared right in front of her, his form now clearer with the swaying light from the lanterns reflecting off of the black robe and the pale, almost metallic looking mask covering his face. On his chest, a small yet visible symbol could be seen on the black robe.
step0002-png.377664

Behind the eye-holes of the mask Rue could now clearly see a pair of lifeless, glaring blue eyes peeking out while hidden beneath the shadow casted by the hood over his head, with his gaze stalking her very soul. The dreadful aura that followed his presence was now accompanied by a sense of stillness, Rue would find it hard to move her body at all, almost as if an unknown force emanating from the masked man had paralyzed her body. The Noivern on the other hand, was still fast asleep.

"You are still here......"
Noticed that the trainer in bed had opened her eyes, the man spoke softly, standing there, still as a statue amid the silence that reigned the room.

"You......" The faint voice of air escaping his mouth reverberate beneath the mask as the man murmured.

"You can help me, help me to end everything."

"You could be the key, you could be what we need." The masked man took a step forward, his hand reached out to touch the air between him and Rue before retracting his stretched hand slowly. The man paused, then slowly turned and stepped towards the glass window to stare at the brilliant night sky of Finnero. Another few seconds had passed before the mysterious man let his words to be heard once again.

"This place wants you to stay, then you may never leave."
"If everything ends...then so will your stay."

"Let fate guides your way, let fate takes its toll......"
"Fate is a blessing, and fate is a curse."
With that the masked man pulled out something from his robe and dropped it on the wooden floor, a strange looking cylindrical object at first glance.
zu52977646_main_tm1510860793.jpg
Just as the thud echoed through the room, the sound of footsteps thundering outside the room got louder and louder before Sirius came blasting in through the door.
Sirius's eyes sparked with primal rage as his muzzle curled up to show its snarling teeth, it was almost shocking that how much rage and hate could radiate from the Zoroark. The Zoroark pulled out its claw and leaped straight towards the masked man almost instantly as he came into its sight, but the man managed to evade the incoming attack before fastening his pace and dashed towards the balcony.

"Soon, Finnero will be forgotten......"
The man turned towards Rue one last time while outside the room, and left his words before he leaped down. The Zoroark attempted to chase after the masked man, but after desperately seeking for his traces from the balcony, the Zoroark soon realized the masked man had disappeared from the vicinity completely before he could even get near him. Right after the masked man had vanished you could feel yourself slowing taking over your own body.

"Grrr......" Sirius growled under his breath before he dashed away from Rue's sight, soon enough you could hear Dante and Sirius rushing over.

"Rue!!! Are you okay!?"
"S-Sirius...Sirius informed me that...it's an emergency......" Dante with his messy hair and star print pajama, still panting, rushed over to check on Rue at full speed, trying to reassure that Rue was unharmed while trying to catch his breath.

"W-what happened?"

Juju Juju

Last edited:
"Rue...Rue......"

Brought just to the cusp of wakefulness, Rue became faintly aware of her name. Everything was still dark and hazy, just like the brink of sleep, but the disembodied words were sharp and clear. Too clear. Something was wrong.

"The butterfly fluttered its wings, the Web of Wyrd will be broken......"
"The Hurricane will soon follow, everyone will end in anguish."
"One after another......"
She could feel the cold begin to press down on her like leaded cloth, constricting, crushing her chest. Panic seized her as she struggled against this chilling grasp until suddenly she awoke with a small gasp. Her vision was bleary but she instantly made out the splash of silver in the shadows, as if her eyes were drawn to it. A tense feeling squirmed in the bottom of her stomach and her mouth felt dry. The masked man was there. Right in front of her. So close she could see the light reflecting on his eyes. 'Nocturne!' she tried to call, but her mouth wouldn't move and the normally vigilant noivern continued to sleep. She couldn't even scream. All she could do was helplessly lay there, her breathing frantic. Her heart roared in her ears but she heard every word the man said.

"You can help me, help me to end everything."
"You could be the key, you could be what we need."

Droplets glimmered in the corners of her eyes, the beginning of tears, as she helplessly watched him reach for her. But he didn't touch her, instead turning to gaze out the starry window. Rue couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. His ramblings on fate was in eerie semblance to the conversation with Dante and although she couldn't understand what he meant by 'Finnero wanting her to stay' she couldn't help but recall something Dante had said earlier about her staying for a while. It had seemed harmless at the time but now she wondered if he didn't tell her everything.

After the man dropped something onto the floor, Sirius burst into the room and launched himself at the man, causing him to flee. Relief washed over Rue, and as the masked man withdrew, she also felt her limbs responsive again. The first thing she did was sit up and curl into a ball with her face pressed into her knees, her breathing still ragged. At around the same time Nocturne woke up, and his relaxed expression instantly hardening into a look of concern when he noticed his panicked trainer. He chittered at Rue and nudged her shoulder but she didn't move.

When Dante asked her about what happened she didn't respond immediately. There was a long pause before she even decided to speak. "The man." she said, looking up slowly, her eyes red and puffy. "It was the masked man" As if bringing him up caused physical pain, she screwed her eyes shut and dug her face back into her crossed arms. She breathed in and out to steady herself again. "He wants Finnero gone...said I could help."
Dreamtique Dreamtique
(Dante in his cute little star pajamas omg ahah xD)

Dante gulped in response, he rubbed his eyes before he was able to process what Rue meant.
"It can't be true......"

Dante jerked before he rushed near Rue to make sure that she was unharmed.
"Thank god...Sirius alerted me just in time......"
"Things could have gone very bad."
"I can't believe h-he... broke in."Dante tried to wiped off the beads of sweat forming on his forehead as he tried to catch a breath.
Relieved that Rue was physically well, Dante made sure to give Rue some space by backing off a few steps.

"Rue. I hope that...he didn't do anything to you, I am sorry for letting this happen, I am sorry......I shouldn't have let my guard down." Dante mumbled, his eyes couldn't find the courage to look straight at Rue, utterly ashamed by his failure at securing his guest's safety as he promised.
"I wouldn't forgive him if he hurts you, I've had enough of his nonsense."
Dante's fist tightened, grinding his teeth as he imagined how dejected he would be if things were to take a wrong turn.

Dante began to scan the vicinity, that was when he noticed the strange item that the masked man had left lying on the creaking wooden floor. Dante squinted his eyes before he kneeled down to reach for the item. He scrutinized the object on his palm, his brows rose and soon he requested some answers from Rue, it seemed that the item had aroused his curiosity.

"Rue, is this yours?"
"Mind to tell me a little about its origin?"

Last edited:
Nocturne pushed his head under Rue’s hand and began emanating a soft rumble similar to a cat’s purr, trying his best to calm both of them down. The fur of his mane was puffed up and his bright irises were in alarmed slits. He must have been just as shocked as she was, awakening from his usually light slumber to see that he had failed to detect such a threat.

But he shouldn’t have. He had exceptional senses and yet this man had been here the whole time, held her down with that strange force. It must have affected Noc too, keeping him subdued long enough for the masked man to enter and exit without hassle.

Dante seemed to be as equally ruffled, having his promise of sanctuary be ruined within a few hours of rest. She felt bad for him.

Rue took steadying breath, slowly inhaling and exhaling. She looked noticeably calmer afterwards, having regained her composure. “It’s not your fault, there was nothing you could do to stop him. In the end it’s alright, I’m fine. A little spooked but alright.”

She frowned a little when Dante picked up the cylinder. “It’s not mine… He dropped it.” she said. “I was hoping you’d know something about it, actually…”

Her mind went back to the stranger’s words, how he had lectured her on destiny and how she could help him make Finnero disappear. Was she really trapped here? “The man kept going on about fate, and how Finnero will disappear. He wanted me to help him, and I guess left this as a parting gift?” She shrugged, trying to ignore the dread. “Uh, I figured since you kinda know a thing or two about fate and stuff from that lady it would mean something…?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back