• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum Pokémon Advanced Stadium

Max_Well

Member of the Straw Hat Pirates
Hiya everyone! I have been craving a Pokémon RP for quite a while now, but I have decided that running a regular story for such a thing would require a ton of attention that I currently don't have the time to give. However, I still have some time to RP, so it would sadden me to waste it. Therefore, I have come up with the idea of simply hosting a RP that involves a big part of Pokémon RPing: the battling! And what better way to do this then have it done in the guise of one of my favorite N64 games?

I will be running this Colloseum RP in a style similar to Pokémon Stadium. We will create character applications and up to six Pokémon applications so the character can use said Pokémon in battle, then we will do battle in a variety of different exhibition formats. Right now I have "Single 3 v 3s," "Double 4 v 4s," and "Team Double 4 v 4s" in mind. Don't wanna host 6 v 6s due to how incredibly long they would be. I also wish to mention that these fights will be freeform, allowing you to use more than four moves like in the games, but I haven't decided how many yet (level up moves and TM/HM moves, nothing else. Check Bulbapedia). I only ask that combatants respect Pokémon stats and typings (check Bulbapedia) to a certain degree, meaning that if you have a Charmander going up against a Blastoise, then the Charmander better put up one HELL of a fight if they intend to win, but even then that might not be enough for the little fire type. Oh, and keep all the other common battle RP rules in mind, like no godmodding, no being unrealistic and able to dodge and block everything, etc.

Also keep in mind that this is for fun, so there are no rewards or anything like that that can be used in the RP. This is to encourage epic fights that both RPers can enjoy (and maybe plan out with each other) and not just "I wanna WIN" fights.

I will most likely have the RP stuff up next week after my finals. Just dropping this here to see if there will be any interest and if I should post the RP stuff in the first place.

Last edited:
After 4 months of it just being an idea sitting idly, I am afraid I might not even still be interested in starting it up with people I am afraid. However if I do regain that interest then I will definitely PM you about a 1 on 1 we can do for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back