• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: A Sinnoh Journey [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Pokemon Sprites | Pokestadium

I use this site, just copy the image address and then enter it like you would a regular image. (Ctrl + P)
tyranitar.gif

I've been thinking of more lore we could establish as a group. My first thought is just a past list of Conference Winners. We already have our 2 most previous winners being Cross and Jorah so we could go far back as we wanted making character young and old as winners.
Second idea: if theres other canon/oc characters you'd like to see added in maybe as a gym leader or champion in anotger region, or just someone for tge group to meet, interact with, battle with, etc. Maybe one of Eli's siblings starts a journey in Sinnoh? There's no reason Jorah's father can't be champion of the Kanto league. I really want to make this a collaborative world, where get everyones their ideas put in, not just my mary sue universe lol.
(Note: no fakemon though)

Also been mulling over something, and I think this will be something I leave to the group. After our first rival battle, similar to when Ash began his adventure, I want a legendary to reveal itself to the group just for a moment. Im stuck on which legendary we would have do so. So what legendary would you the group to see as they start their Journey?

I think the lake trio would be the most appropriate for our group to see, considering how Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are so legendary the only pokemon above them is Arceus, Darkrai is a mythical Pokemon, Cresselia is on Fullmoon Island, Heatran is in Mount Stark and Regigigas needs to be summoned first

I agree and see how Sinnoh has such a small amount in that category I feel the trio would be most appropriate and could almost represent something each of the new trainers can relate too. Mind - Strong goals and aspirations, Body- Wanting fame and recognition, Spirit- Searching for individual freedom. Or something along those lines. Unless we use an out of region legendary.

As for characters, I can pull together small cs's for each of Eli's siblings that are actually out right now traveling, but other than that for canon characters I'm fine with anyone popping by.

I agree and see how Sinnoh has such a small amount in that category I feel the trio would be most appropriate and could almost represent something each of the new trainers can relate too. Mind - Strong goals and aspirations, Body- Wanting fame and recognition, Spirit- Searching for individual freedom. Or something along those lines. Unless we use an out of region legendary.

As for characters, I can pull together small cs's for each of Eli's siblings that are actually out right now traveling, but other than that for canon characters I'm fine with anyone popping by.
Small nitpick, the trio doesn't represent Mind, Body and Spirit; they represent Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower

Small nitpick, the trio doesn't represent Mind, Body and Spirit; they represent Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower

Listen...I'm a gen 5 lover, but we could still transfer that idea with those concepts. Knowledge- The desire to explore and see more of the world outside of their own perspective, Emotion- The need to express themselves in a new way in order to stand out, and Willpower- The desire to rise above and go beyond expectations set for them. I feel like those three could represent each of our characters. And Jorah our experienced trainer could have already figured out all three or focus on helping each of them accomplish all three.

Rough ideas, but you all get the idea right? And it's open for adjustment if we wanted to stockpile ideas.

Listen...I'm a gen 5 lover, but we could still transfer that idea with those concepts. Knowledge- The desire to explore and see more of the world outside of their own perspective, Emotion- The need to express themselves in a new way in order to stand out, and Willpower- The desire to rise above and go beyond expectations set for them. I feel like those three could represent each of our characters. And Jorah our experienced trainer could have already figured out all three or focus on helping each of them accomplish all three.

Rough ideas, but you all get the idea right? And it's open for adjustment if we wanted to stockpile ideas.
That's why you have me, the resident gen 4 fanatic.

If I had to guess, I'd have to say Ashley would be Willpower, Julian would be Emotion and your character, Eli, would be knowledge, based on what I can remember from the characters.

That's why you have me, the resident gen 4 fanatic.

If I had to guess, I'd have to say Ashley would be Willpower, Julian would be Emotion and your character, Eli, would be knowledge, based on what I can remember from the characters.
I think that sounds about right unless anyone else had thoughts on the topic, otherwise, I'd say Knowledge or Emotion can go for Eli, but given where Julian comes from I think Emotion is definitely for him, and same for Ashley.

Hmm I love the ideas but, Jorahs father was more of a traveling businessman? We could make him a Champion but it’s not quite in character. I don’t mind either way of course.

Legendary encounter would be awesome, it looks like you guys have kind of made up your mind about what you want so I’m down!

Hmm I love the ideas but, Jorahs father was more of a traveling businessman? We could make him a Champion but it’s not quite in character. I don’t mind either way of course.

Legendary encounter would be awesome, it looks like you guys have kind of made up your mind about what you want so I’m down!

I was just saying those types of things as suggestions. We dont have to use family members at all, I was just using them for the example. I think having a larger lore helps make the adventure better overall, and will help set up come future episodes/arcs.

Edit: For you specifically, it could as simple as going back and just telling us a longer, more detailed story of your adventure. I think your sheet said Jorah started when she was 16, and she's 19 now. Thats threes years of adventures and gym battles. For reference she would've become gym leader around the time she was turning 18, as there has been another Conference since she won. Again, you dont have to, this is all just me throwin out ideas/suggestions.

Last edited:
Lake Trio seems like the go too, as it would be weird having God just pop in and say whatsup when you're just starting to begin to see the world.
I love how everyone is already drawing connections between the trio and the group.

Been rewatching some DP to get in touch with the characters again -- I'm sorry but can we just take a moment to acknowledge what an absolutely terrible battle this was

dudes got multiple seasons under his belt and he BRINGS TURTWIG IN LAST AND USES PIKACHU AGAINST AN ONIX FOR THE SECOND TIME IN HIS LIFE CAN WE STOP THIS

oooh I’m late to the party lol but looks like we got some stuff figured out and I’m down with all of it tbh <3 I’ll post before work tonight hopefully!!

Might be pushing the group into the rival battle set up soon, if we don't get there naturally soon. Wouldnt be anything major, just moving the group to a park nearby, skimming over the setting and such. Thats assuming things dont move along on there own here soon. Will give it more time as I know everyone has personal lives and things to do.

I find it hilarious/ironic that even though I had no set post order; you guys have made/kept your own consistent order without even trying

Last edited:
Its become a bad habit for me at this point, though knowing we have that freedom is good especially when it comes down to battles and that good stuff

Soooo, I'd really like to just get to the rival battle, so if the group is in agreement, I can just fastforward us. Im happy to let it roll on as is, I just wanna get to the good stuff lol.
Was also thinking of having each member of the lake trio reveal itself to the person the connections were drawn to earlier.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I think it lines up as
Julian seeing Azelf
Elliot seeing Uxie
Ashley seeing Mesprit

Given Ashley's reserved character, I was thinking she would see Mesprit before the battle giving her courage to step up in front of the group. If that seems fitting to you Human__Ramen Human__Ramen

Since Julian isn't going to partake in this first battle, I figured he'll see Azelf appearing in the distance in some foliage after the battle has started, maybe as he has his whole persona on his mind, he's looking for a sign that this journey is the right move Dandelion Dandelion

At the end of the battle, maybe after getting some feedback from Jorah, or just thinking of how he could do better, Elliot could see Uxie after learning some kind of lesson related to his partner or battling or just life in general. The point is he just learns something from the battle Arael Arael

As norway norway and I have discussed privately, Jorah has had mythical encounters of her own, so maybe that Pokémon will make an appearance as the group finally sets off for oreburgh.

Questions, comments, concerns encouraged as always!

Lest anyone has any objections, I'll be moving us into the battle tonight. Will likely have the opening post mention Mesprit appearing to Ashley. Ill be doing the actual posts where you guys see them, likely from the perspective of the pokemon or just as the narrator. Ill leave it to you individually how you character reacts/what they say/do.
Just to clarify now, we're gonna say no one else see's your associated pokemon. That being said, there is no reason you cant immeadiately tell the group what you just saw, just trying to keep it personal to each character. Hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back