• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Points of Light: The Twisting Halls

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Nala Ammil

20190828_045352.jpg

HP 13/13

While Nala was thinking about responding to both the human and half-orc, the sound of many scurrying footsteps caught his ear. Then out of the bushes came several tumbling goblins, who as fast as they had fallen got right back up to attack. A little surprised by the ambush, Nala barely noticed a goblin woman's axe hitting the air beside him. As shaken as he was by the attack, he quickly regained his composure and retaliated. Grabbing the base of his staff with both hands, he called upon the forces of mother nature to assist him in this attack. The force that made mountains, crushed civilizations, burned entire landscapes, granted Nala a fraction of its power. With that, he swung as hard as he could, hitting the leathery skinned goblin right on her head, the strength of which knocked the green monster off her feet and skittering back into the bushes.
Mentions:
Interactions: GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Last edited:
Vanira Vanira (Riona) KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Keth) Reinhardt Reinhardt (Elerys) MToki MToki (Nala) Noam Noam (Kostin) Soap Soap (Aelena)

Only one goblin stood in front of Keth, Kostin, and Nala now, and he looked absolutely terrified. As Keth began to saunter over to him, he looks back to his archer comrade who frowns and shakes his head. With a gulp, the red-skinned goblin aims to cut the barbarian's arm, but his blade is easily blocked by the half-orc's greataxe. Deciding that he didn't like his chances, the goblin tactfully Disengages (Bonus Action) from the three, running off towards the bow-wielding goblin who groans in disbelief.

Pulling back his bowstring, the archer goblin, whose skin was smooth and completely unscarred let loose an arrow at Keth who he thought would no doubt chase his fleeing brother. The arrow whizzed past his head, harmlessly burying itself into the side of the wagon.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the road, the other two goblins look unamused as one of their companions embarrassingly drops dead from Aelena's arrow. Rolling their eyes, they duck into the tall grass, attempting to hide (Bonus Action). While one of them drops completely out of sight of Aelena, Elerys and Riona, one of them jumps out of the grass shrieking. What slithers out from its hiding spot is a harmless corn snake, which had apparently scared the daylights out of the poor green goblinoid. Regardless, both goblins fire off their arrows.

The hidden goblin, taking Aelena by surprise manages to hit her with a particularly painful shot, hitting her in the leg (8 Piercing damage). The other aims at Riona but misses his shot. As the less stealthy goblin curses, they begin moving away from the wagon, trying to keep their distance from the cleric and the ranger.

Keth

HP: 29/34
Mentions:

Keth started towards the red-skinned goblin, shifting his gaze to the archer as the arrow passed by his head. He reached his belt and pulled out one of his hand axes. Lining up his shot and throwing hurling it at the goblin. Watching as it narrowly missed his head. He glanced over at the red-skinned goblin, debating on if he should continue after him. But he ultimately decided the one with the bow was more of a danger. He continued forward, hoping his close proximity with the goblin would at least distract it from firing arrows at the wagon, and injuring any more people.

Aelena
E8534A95-D84D-4D5A-AD86-6F78F16525BA.jpeg

HP: 23/31
Aelena’s eyes widened in surprise before realizing the Goblin she’d just shot had died, taking a deep breath she glanced around for the others, catching one’s eye as she knocked back another arrow readying herself to let it go into her target. Thraen.” The Half-Elf spoke, effectively marking the one in front of her before she felt an arrow shoot into her lower leg letting out a small whimper of pain before she whipped around, grimicing as she did so, while she let the arrow she’d been holding fly into the Goblin that attacked her between their eyes.

The Ranger’s eyes had scanned the other Goblin for any sort of idea of where they came from or if they had any vulnerabilities but it was to no avail, Aelena gritted her teeth and pulled out the arrow from her leg. Readying herself for whatever may come next.

kostin.jpg
Kostin Nemetsk
13/14 HP
Kostin stumbled back, swearing and clutching at her stomach. Hot blood gushed out over her hand, and she got ready for this to really, really hurt--

A warm pulse of magic sank into her skin, and the pain eased to a dull sting almost before it hit. Kostin pulled her hand away and blinked down, bewildered. A faint scratch was all that remained on her skin.

It was magic of some sort, and that was interesting, but she didn't have time to ponder it. The goblin who'd stabbed her had clearly realized that all his friends were dead, and was running away. Kostin gave chase, pulling out her rapier as she did and stabbing him in the shoulder. (3 points of piercing damage)

Riona Oota

HP: 17/17

Riona’s eyes never left the goblins as she quickly made her way to them. An arrow shot past her head which made her blood pump faster with adrenaline. She pulled out her whip as she approached the only goblin she could see within range. It was moving away from the wagon, good, that meant they were on the retreat. With a quick motion she flicked the whip back and then towards the goblin, hoping to hit the damn thing across the face, but unfortunately she overestimated the reach of the whip, falling short of hitting the goblin. Riona may have missed it but that did not deter her from continuing you push forward towards the goblin hoping to keep it moving back away from the wagon.

Nala Ammil

20190828_045352.jpg

HP: 13/13

Nala watched as one of the goblins fled from the scene and decided there would be no point in chasing him. Instead he looked toward the archer, who barely missed a shot at the orc. On his hip, hidden by the cloak, was a sheath with a dagger, his father gave him. It was more of a decorative hunting knife than a dagger, but that didn't really matter. He sprinted to the goblin in his sights, holding his staff like a longsword. At the last few moments before making contact with the goblin, he unsheathed his blade and went to plunge it deep into his enemy. Unfortunately, Nala misjudged where exactly the goblin was and completely missed, hitting nothing but bush.
Mentions:

Soap Soap (Aelena) Reinhardt Reinhardt (Elerys) KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Keth) Noam Noam (Kostin) MToki MToki (Nala) Vanira Vanira (Riona)

The band of goblins was quickly losing ground as you slowly but surely thinned their numbers. And though your attacks seemed to miss the deft little creatures, they were beginning to be overwhelmed by the constant attacks that would most certainly prove fatal should they hit. Realizing that capturing this wagon wasn't going to be as easy as they thought, the goblins run away, scattering in all directions.
(58 EXP Awarded!)

As this happens, the whinny of a horse catches your ears, and as you look for the source of the sound, you see a rider at the crest of a low hill, a few hundred yards away. The rider seems to be human, but as the goblins flee he shakes his fist in frustration. His jet black horse rears and whinnies again, and the rider's red cloak billows behind him in the wind. Then the horse gallops off toward the southwest, into the Moon Hills.

As all this is happening, the dwarven merchant Traevus groans as he gingerly covers his wound with the arrow still in it. The merchant is not seriously injured, but as the goblins run away he glances into the back of the wagon and swears vigorously. "They stole it!" he shouts. Then he turns to all of you, but not with the familiar look of contempt or annoyance. This time, his face is softer as he makes his plea. "You... you were all incredible in that fight. You probably saved my life. But I need your help again. Those muddy little goblins stole something from the back of my wagon - something precious. I need to get it back."

kostin.jpg
Kostin Nemetsk
13/14 HP
Kostin made a rude hand gesture towards the goblin's retreating backs, but didn't bother following. They were opportunists, little punks who'd bit off more than they could chew but at least had the good sense to know when they were beat. She knew the type, and knew that they wouldn't be coming back.

The rider on the black horse, on the other hand--that one gave her the creeps.

She spun around towards Keth, who still had his claws curled viciously, blood smeared under his eyes. "Did you see that guy? Up there, on the hill." She wiped her sword on her pants leg and shoved it back into the sheath. "There was some fucker on horseback watching us the entire time, he just rode off--"

She was interrupted by Traevus' outburst. "What do you mean, something valuable?" Kostin demanded. She stalked over to join the old man at the back of the cart, tail lashing behind her in agitation. "I thought you said it was just flour and shit back here! What exactly did they make off with?"

Interactions: KingHalliwell KingHalliwell GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Riona Oota

Interactions: Kostin Noam Noam | Treavus GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Narrowing her eyes, Riona watched as the last of the goblins retreated. A small smirk creeped onto her face as she wrapped her whip back up and reattached it to her belt. They were afraid of her comrades, smart, at least they had some sense. ”Does anyone need healing?”

Treavus’ outburst made Riona sigh heavily before turning her head over her shoulder at him. His features softer compared to the accusatory looks he had given her earlier. Oh course, he is going to be nice now that he really needs our help. I wonder how long that will last. Riona thought before making her way back over to the group calmly. The tiefling seemed angry at their dwarven friend for lying. He told her the same thing, flour and stuff, but she figured otherwise from the looks he had given her. Riona liked to think she didn’t look like a thief, so what he had must have been good if he was suspicious.

Was the goblins just a distraction for this rider? I guess this job won’t be as easy as I thought. Riona crossed her arms over her chest as she looked at the arrow sticking out from Treavus. Looks like it hurts, but he shall live. “My friend here has a point. What were you carrying that was so valuable?” Riona tilted her head as she waited for her response. The tiny smirk becoming a full-blown smile, “and don’t lie, we need to know what we are retrieving, sir.”

Vanira Vanira (Riona) Noam Noam (Kostin)

Traevus frowns, doing away with his sad puppy look in exchange for his usual sour demeanor. "If I'd told you all what I was taking with me, one of you would have done away with it days ago," he said, arms crossed. "All you need to know is that you're looking for a small wooden box with a lock. Bring it back to me and I'll see that you all get 30 gold pieces, each." He turns his head away from the thief and the cleric, blushing slightly as he avoids meeting their gaze. "However, I'd ask that you don't try and open it. The contents of that box are... personal."

Keth

Interactions: GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Vanira Vanira

Keth took a couple of deep breaths to shake the remnants of the rage from his system. Slowly, his tusks and fingernails receded back to their normal length and the red faded from his eyes. He yawned and stretched his back relaxing the muscles that tensed during the battle. He turned back to the group stowing the Greataxe on his back and walking the short distance back to the others. Stopping to pull the weapons off of the dead goblin bodies and retrieve his thrown handaxe.

He glanced up at Kostin and followed her gaze to watch the man disappear into the darkened horizon. He glanced up at Riona and shrugged, “Don’t waste it on me.” He turned to survey the cart, before turning to face the dwarf. “Who and how many knew you were transporting the box?”

“I know distrust is a big thing for you, and how you justify the way you speak and act around people.”
Keth started, “But we could’ve avoided something like this if we knew the importance of the job.” Keth said, wiping his hands off on his pants. “Are you capable enough to make it to Fallcrest without us? Because we can either waste time getting you back to the town or go after it now. Your choice.”

KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Keth) Vanira Vanira (Riona) Noam Noam (Kostin) MToki MToki (Nala) Reinhardt Reinhardt (Elerys) Soap Soap (Aelena)

Traevus seemed almost insulted by Keth's question, saying, "I never said a word of it to anyone! I can show you with just my one finger how many people knew that I had that box." With that, he extended a single finger and jabbed himself in the chest with it. "Me. Just I and I. There isn't a single soul in this godsforsaken world that I would have told. And I don't have to justify anything to you adventurer types! If I'd told you from the beginning just what I was carrying, chances one of you would have made off with it!" Once again crossing his arms, the dwarf squinted his eyes at the half-orc towering over him. "Within that box lies my most valued possession. So yes, you're going to go get it. Right. Now."

Hopping back onto his wagon, Traevus tore the arrow out of his shoulder and tossed it aside. He cast Riona a bitter look, knowing fully well that she could've healed him if she desired. "I can make it to Fallcrest on my own. Gods willing, I won't run into any more trouble along the way. When you get my box back, meet me at the Nentir Inn, it's in the northeast side of the town. Now, do any of you have some other timewasting questions?

Aelena
Inked1b5364809f37d4fa8a816af31da147c2_LI.jpg
Interactions: Traveus GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack
Mentions: Riona Vanira Vanira

Her eyebrows furrowed at Riona's question. She was hurt, yes, but she didn't want her to use all her magic just on her. Aelena would be fine, she's sure of it. Besides, she could help herself should the time come to it. Mildly shaking her head instead of answering the light-haired girl's question. Awfully sweet of her though, she's not gonna forget that part.

As surprising as it was, it turns out Traveus seemed more wealthy than she thought he was. Curiosity filled her mind as she realized tons and tons of things could be placed in that box for all she knows, and he isn't gonna tell them what's in it? That's terrible! What's even more terrible was the fact he was willing to pay them only 30 coins. Aelena hadn't had much experience with money just yet, but the fact that someone was so persistant on getting something back meant that they were a little bit more desperate.

She's not trying to be mean.

But... shouldn't they get the money they earned? Aelena had never killed anything besides hunting for the Tribe, maybe a deer here and there. But never a... person? Goblins were people too, right? Mmhm. Those were just... bad ones. She's sure of it. "Mr, Traveus. Sal'd e lor sal've nielen mertel anyone!" Her eyes danced around to avoid making eye contact with the rather impressive, and she means... impressive, people. Clearing her throat before thinking of how to say the words in common. "Hurt. I've never hurt anyone until today." Surely the Dwarf wasn't okay with this. And neither was Aelena"I've never gotten shot before either, and It's... very a lot. And now you want us to go get you a box?" Aelena wasn't annoyed, she was just... maybe a little confused on how today's events turned out.

She shook her head and crossed her arms.

"Ausa respect. 30 gold won't be enough."

KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Keth) Vanira Vanira (Riona) Noam Noam (Kostin) MToki MToki (Nala) Reinhardt Reinhardt (Elerys) Soap Soap (Aelena)

Traevus grumbles to himself in Dwarvish, no doubt a string of curses and profanities. "Elves, never satisfied with what's offered to them," he mumbles to himself quietly. "Yes, fine. 35 gold pieces each. I can't go any higher than that. Us Dwarves may be well off, but we don't bleed coins for cryin' out loud." Traevus was beginning to get impatient as he started gripping the reins for his mules tighter. "Just bring me back the box, alright? If you see to it that it remains locked, I'll even pay for your rooms at the inn." His mouth tightens as he jingles his coin purse in his hand. He had a feeling it was about to get much lighter. Looking to the group, but mostly Aelena, he scanned each of your faces and asked, "Does that sound fair?"

Riona Oota

Interactions: Treavus GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack
Mentions: Aelena Soap Soap | Keth KingHalliwell KingHalliwell

The more the dwarven man insisted on not telling them the specifics of this ‘valuable item’ the more Riona wanted to know. There was no way she was going to hand him over that box without knowing what was inside of it. She stared unblinkingly at the short man as he climbed back on top of his cart, cursing a bunch while doing so. He took the arrow out of his arm and glared at her. In return, Riona’s already smiling face became wider. That’s right, glare at me, I don’t heal assholes without getting paid.

Riona silently agreed with Keth, taking him to Fallcrest would only be wasting their time at this rate. If they were going to track this item down they need to be quick about it. However, with darkness approaching she was going to have a harder time of it than the others she assumed. Riona may pray to the lady of crossroads, the moon, witchcraft and necromancy; but that did not mean she could automatically see in the dark. Before she could say anything, Aelena spoke up. Most of what she said Riona had no idea what it meant. Sounded nice, but that was about it. When the half-elf switched to common, Riona was relieved. Not only about understanding what she said, but that someone else also thought 30 gold was not nearly enough. Seems like both Keth and Aelena are very smart individuals. Kostin too. They have their mind on the important matters of information and money.

She watched as the brunette made her offer and then glanced over at the grump dwarf. Eyebrows furrowed at his counter offer of 35 gold instead. He was only giving them 210 gold for the retrieval of the very valuable item? Was he nuts?

Maybe they would be better off just taking what was in that box and going to another town to sell it. They all probably would get a bigger cut. Riona was heavily leaning on that idea. “Of course, that sounds completely fair to me.” Her tone was honeyed as she uncrossed her arms to rest them at her side. ”May Hecate watch over you the rest of the way to FallCrest, sir.”

Last edited:

kostin.jpg
Kostin Nemetsk
13/14 HP

Kostin bit down on her tongue to keep shock from showing on her face when Aelena heard thirty gold and kept bartering. And again when Traevus exasperatedly raised the price, like thirty-five gold for each of them was a minor irritation. Thirty-five gold would buy everything she had on her person right now, except for possibly her sword. That was food for three weeks, thirty good knives, four hundred--no, four hundred fifty--a lot of fucking candles.

Kostin had heard it said that crime didn't pay, which was so blatantly untrue that she'd dismissed it as one of those silly things people said when they'd always lived in comfort and never had to worry about where their next meal was coming from. It was like money can't buy happiness, or good things come to those who wait. Now, though, she found herself considering the idea that the comfortable people just hadn't been finishing their sentences. Crime paid, but crime certainly didn't pay well. Or at least, not as well as honest work.

"I agree," she said curtly, before Aelena could keep going and really piss Traevus off. "Thirty-five gold and lodging, and we'll get your box back." Ultimately, it didn't matter what was in the box. And if her curiosity really got the better or her, well. She could always pick the lock.

Keth

Mentions: Everyone?

Keth rolled his eyes at the dwarf before stalking forward to grab his own bag out of the pack of the cart. “You may not of told anyone, but someone definitely overheard or knew you had that box because that’s the only thing that was taken,” Keth added. He turned away from the man, slinging the pack over his shoulder. He sighed to himself, he wanted a grand adventure, this just seemed like a chore more than anything.

“So what’s the plan?” He asked, eyes skimming over everyone. This was the first time he had fought alongside anyone that wasn’t a member of his tribe. It was strange, many of the warriors of his tribe were skilled and experienced fighters or had been training their whole lives to match the ferocity of those they looked up to. It seemed that some of in this newly formed ragtag group were quite the opposite. Aelena seemed to be the most inexperienced, well not seemed, she literally just said she had never hurt anyone until today, but she held her own. He couldn’t help but wonder about some of the others. They collectively managed to each hold their own, but he was curious to know how new they were to the world of combat.​

Aelena
Inked1b5364809f37d4fa8a816af31da147c2_LI.jpg
Interactions: Traveus GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack @everyones
Mentions:

Aelena was more than ready to continue speaking on how they were being mistreated, and they deserved more pay. 35 coins? Hell, she didn't even understand what the currency was until now, and even she hardly thinks that's enough. The half elf opened her mouth to continue when Riona had said it was fair, so Aelena had dared to speak again when Kostin spoke and the brunette deflated. "Yes, okay." The tone in her voice would've struck you as a bit annoyed if you paid close attention but it quickly disappeared when Keth spoke, distracting her instantly.

Plan. Right. How exactly were they going to find--

"Oh! Of course." Aelena of course had experience with tracks, being a huntress in her tribe. While she didn't approve of killing animals, they had to eat. And there was only so much berries she could make. "These are our way." She pointed to what might seem like dirt to the rest of her companions. Without a goodbye to Traveus, the girl continued to walk down the trail, keeping a close eye to the ground.

It was easy enough to find the tracks given the spell she'd used on the goblin earlier, it was just pure luck that one survived this group's efforts as they ran away. Whether or not the group was coming up with an actual plan or not, Aelena kept wandering towards the tracks. "We'll follow them, and then... ask for it back." She continued not bothering to look back at the rest, it was a perfect plan. Surely asking will work.

Riona Oota

Interactions: Aelena Soap Soap | Keth KingHalliwell KingHalliwell
Mentions: Everyone
An eyebrow raised as gray eyes watched Aelena excitedly made her way down a dirt trail. It would seem she knew where they should be heading. Good, because Riona had no idea. Not that the ‘cleric’ knew much. Yeah, Riona was never going to get used to calling herself that.

Quickening her pace, Riona caught up, so she was walking just behind Aelena as she kept talking to everyone. Keth had asked if anyone had a plan. Hopefully someone does, Riona thought but kept quiet. At least, she wanted too, but hearing Aelena talk about asking for it back gave her more than some concern. In all honesty Riona had to think if the woman was being sarcastic or not. The naive notion of being able to ask for the box back was silly. However, the blonde held back the laugh she wanted to make and just smiled sympathetically. She had been like that. She missed being naive and just enjoying a lifestyle of debauchery that she cultivated for herself.

“Unfortunately, I don’t think it’ll be that easy, Aelena. I’d hate to assume, but I think they attacked us over this item. Now that they have it I doubt they will give it up so easily.” Riona continued forward, rubbing her arms as she walked.

They needed a plan, but the only plan that was offered was Aelena’s. Riona chewed the inside of her cheek as she thought on the issue. She had never fancied herself a tactician, or fighter, or much of anything but an entertainer. It would be preferable if someone with more knowledge made the plans, but they had to start somewhere. Riona sighed, “would be best to avoid a direct confrontation if possible, at least until we know if there are more of them.”

Did she just come across as a coward? Not confident in her abilities? Clerics are sure of their faith, never back down from a fight, inspire awe in others. Certainly not cowards. “But if it must come to a fight then it will suck to be them.” She gave a playful grin around to everyone in the group.

Nala Ammil

20190828_045352.jpg

Nala shifted around, uneasy at the prospect of prolonging his journey to Fallcrest. On one hand, 40 gold on top of what he had, would have him set for life. On the other hand, Aki has every right to know about the state of his family, and the sooner they met, the sooner they could find out what was going on. But with the dwarf being so insistent on getting the box back, it's not going to be easy getting there. Plus, he's being guaranteed a place to stay once he finishes the job, which could come in handy if Aki refuses to see him. He paced around a bit as the others chatted, unsure if the rewards would be worth the time spent searching.

As the others accepted the offer, Nala came to the conclusion that in the worst case scenario, where he doesn't find out what happened to his family and Aki abandons him for his new life, having insurance in the form of money was worth the delay. He also wouldn't be alone in this quest, and judging by the way the battle went, the others were well equipped to take on the task. If luck was by his side, they'll finish within a few days at the latest.

He slowly followed behind Aelena, trusting her ability to track. He's only known her for a little while and he could already tell she was a very skilled huntress, it reminded him of his mother. But now wasn't the time to reminisce about the past, he had a job to do. Then again, it was getting pretty dark, and while Nala's elvish ancestry allowed him to traverse in the dark with some difficulty, they did have a human accompanying them.

The druid slung his knapsack over his shoulder, fishing out a torch and used his magic to light it. His other companions could see in the dark fairly well, however, a little assistance wouldn't hurt.
Mentions: everyone
Interactions:

kostin.jpg
Kostin Nemetsk
13/14 HP

Kostin grinned back sharply, falling into step beside Riona. Aelena was leading them through the brush with startling but welcome confidence, focused as a dog on the hunt. There was nothing for them to do but follow her and make as little noise as possible while still coming up with a working plan.

"Course it will. We've got witches, or whatever the hell you two are." She pointed at Nala and Riona. "Flower witch and healing witch. Thanks for that, by the way." Her armor and clothes were still torn, but if it weren't for that, the cut might've never happened. "Does it work backwards? Like, can you take the hurt off us and put it on other people instead? That'd be useful."

She was about to suggest that Nala blind the thieves with flowers, which would be both practical and funny as hell, when he pulled out a torch and lit the whole hillside up as bright and obvious as a fucking firecracker. Kostin winced and swatted him on the arm. "Small gods, you wanna pull out your flute and play a tune so that they really know we're coming? Put that out!"

Interactions: MToki MToki Vanira Vanira
Mentions: Everyone!

Nala Ammil

20190828_045352.jpg

"Druid." Nala corrected. He was a druid, like his grandmother and the ones who came before them. A long line of druidic traditions had brought him knowledge and power, and sometimes even peace of mind. Although, flower witch did have a nice ring to it, he could do much more than make flowers.

With a roll of his eyes and a wave his hand, he snuffed out the torch, throwing it aside. "Then you can be responsible for guiding our human friend through the dark." He said, nudging the tiefling toward Riona. He wouldn't admit it, but Nala was a little worried about her. Healers were resilient, he knew that, and humans were too, but being unable to see properly could inhibit her abilities. Going into a battle without a healer was insane, and Nala was not about to take that chance.
Mentions: Riona Vanira Vanira
Interactions: Kostin Noam Noam

KingHalliwell KingHalliwell (Keth) Soap Soap (Aelena) Noam Noam (Kostin) MToki MToki (Nala) Vanira Vanira (Riona)

As Traevus carted off to Fallcrest in his wagon, seeming somewhat pleased that you were all getting right to work, the five of you followed Aelena as she followed the goblins' tracks. Trekking through the tall grass and chatting amongst each other, Aelena would find the footprints were getting fainter and harder to find among the grass and although the coming moonlight was of no concern for her darkvision, it wasn't going to make things any easier when night finally arrived. Eventually, she lost the goblin's trail altogether.

The night was quickly approaching and the five of you had already been walking for some time now. To walk back would be a simple task for most of you, however, there would have been much time wasted on this endeavor if you were to turn around now.

As you all would decide on what to do next, the druid Nala would sense the presence of creatures hiding in a small grouping of trees amongst the grassland. It appeared to be two people riding horses, and it was clear they were watching them. Realizing they'd been noticed, the two figures rode out furiously towards the group, pikes in hand. What had appeared to be two riders was revealed to be two humanoids, appearing to be some kind of elves from the waist up, while sporting a horse's body from the waist down. Moving faster than you could react, the creatures circled around your group, not attacking but clutching their weapon tightly in each hand. They seemed to be examining you for something, and as they did so their hold on their pikes loosened slightly.

One of the beastmen spoke to you all, in the Elvish language as some of you would quickly realize. "Hied there, aia legs (Hold there, two legs). Why kar var (pl) sehan saren paths (Why do you walk our paths)?"

The other, much sterner looking one also began to speak, saying, "If var mean nae defile saren lands quin var Wuthen lor Thraen feer, then sar will crush var ernath hoof (If you mean to defile our lands or you seek to hunt us, then we will crush you under foot).

Keth

Interactions: GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Vanira Vanira
Mentions: Everyone

Keth watched Aelena walked away glancing over at the others as he slowly started to follow after her, catching up to fall into step with Riona and Aelena. Aelena was clearly confident in the direction they needed to travel, but the portion of the plan about asking for the box back concerned her. His tribe was not the most gracious when it came to taking things from other people, so he couldn’t imagine that less civilized groups, especially goblins, would be any better. He started to mull over how to break the news that it probably wouldn’t work out like that when Riona spoke up.

Keth listened to her speak, as she formulated a plan. She was right, “until we know more about the situation covert is the best option.” Keth agreed, paying some attention to Kostin and Nala conversing about the glowing light, but keeping his attention on Riona as they formulated the beginnings of a plan. He was ready for a battle literally all the time, but he knew the importance of keeping things on the down low. Even if it wasn’t his strong suit.

Keth barely noticed the centaurs approach the group, speaking in Elvish. Keth glanced around at the others before stepping forward, hands raised in a very defensive manner. He knew nothing about centaurs and had only ever seen them while they met briefly with his father. “Please, sar mean neh harm. Sar are searching nesh Al goblin leshere.” Keth spoke, pulling out his Elvish which he rarely used. “Sar kerradun back sen was taken.” He didn't move, just waited for the centaurs to respond.

Translation:
“Please, We mean no harm. We are searching for a goblin thief.”
“We want back what was taken”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back