• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Points of Light: The Slaying Stone

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The Goblin known as Sue steps forward, puffing out his chest and flicking his short bow "Me Sue, very good shot with bow and can infuse big magic in arrows, me designated story teller and protector of tribe" He then returns to standing against the wall.

f33e32a4a7169cb295f2028560fb636b.jpg

Kenku Ranger
Tower -- Group Discussion

The kenku gathered her things as the others introduced themselves. As the man who needed the slaying stone destroyed or returned said, she had no name. Humans had considered her many things in the past, though such titles were only patronizing and brutish. They were names of little value and meant nothing to her particularly. The only one she could recall that was neutral enough that she would not feel annoyance upon hearing was swooper, though she pondered if she wished to be called that until the end of this venture. She could very well find a new home with this flock, though she did not know them well enough to consider them as such.

After all, they had just met.

How she longed to have her voice back. Her flight. If it could ever happen she would never feel awkward in travel again. She sighed, her hawkish breath leaving her beak. She retrieved a piece of parchment from her supplies with writing tool and ascribed down a message and after dying held it out to the paladin. The parchment read ‘No name. But may call me swooper if you wish.’

When that parchment was passed along to the paladin and her message received she packed up her writing kit and crossed her arms, waiting to travel onward. She wasn't sure how this new flock was going to handle hordes of goblins and other creatures, but she had an inkling that it was her destiny to travel with them. She had left her seclusion for a purpose and what could be more noble than destroying a weapon such as the slaying stones? Everything that happened around her was a sign from the heavens. She believed that, thoroughly.

Last edited:
"We must bury Norb, then we will go. Not take long."

The three of them left the tower to administer last rites to their fallen companion.

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal HisLordOfLongleaf HisLordOfLongleaf EldridSmith EldridSmith Gowi Gowi

Shimmer heard everyone’s introduction except for Kenku and the small group of Kobolds as the Kenku just gave a slip of paper to Rolói Kidemónas and the group wanted to go and give their comrade that died a proper send off. Shimmer did have a concern though. “Please wait a moment, my little Kobold friends. Allow me to come out to help with ensuring that you’re safe while you bury your fallen comrade.” called out Shimmer to the Kobolds. He wished to allow them to have all the time they needed.

"Good, good," said Grak to Shimmer. "Make sure wolfs leave us alone."

Grak and friends dug a grave for their little buddy. They didn't have shovels, but the ground was muddy and soft, there were three of them (four if Shimmer helped), and it was only a kobold-sized grave, so it didn't take all day.

Once they had him interred, they arranged a little ring of stones to serve as a marker. Each of the three spoke in turn.

"Norb was good."
"Norb was friend."
"We kill many wolfs for Norb," Grak finished, and they all nodded.

Each of the three left a copper coin in the stone circle.

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal EldridSmith EldridSmith Gowi Gowi

As Shimmer stood guard over the Kobolds as they worked, he did his best to look around and perceive if there was any threat from anywhere. Thankfully, there was nothing. The Wolves that were asleep thanks to his magic were gone and not to be seen.

Keeping an ear out for potential danger, Shimmer watched the Kobolds bury their friend. He knew that there was a story that has just ended and he wanted to ask about it, but he knew better than to interrupt a funeral.

When the funeral was finished, Shimmer came up to the one that was clearly the leader of the Kobolds and, with the utmost respect for someone that has lost a friend, said, “I am sorry for your loss. I would like to hear the story of your fallen friend so that he will not be forgotten. I do not expect it to be right away, but please, tell me in your own time.”

Interactions: Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal (Grak) Shadeofshade Shadeofshade (Shimmer) EldridSmith EldridSmith (Roloi) Gowi Gowi (Swooper)

As Shimmer, Grak, and his Kobolds left the tower and began their short service for their fallen comrade, another pair of footsteps could be heard leaving the tower with Swooper and Roloi. Standing alongside them was Alkirk who had donned a breastplate and had sheathed a rapier on his hip. "I have decided to join you on this quest, if only for a short while. I will help guide you through the woods leading to Gorizbadd and show you to the city gates. I've become well accustomed to the nearby forests during my time spent in this tower. If you are finished burying your friend then I would ask that we move now. Come, friends!"

It seemed like you had been walking for at least an hour as the five of you trudged through the thicket of trees and bushes lying in the woods. Along the way, Alkirk had explained to you that the goblins had most likely originally lived somewhere in the forest, but had completely relocated to Gorizbadd after sacking it. Living in a fairly sized, well-fortified city was much more enticing than living in a dark forest filled with hungry wolves and other bullying monsters. Luckily, however, you ran into none as you made your way to the edge of the wood well in sight of the city gates.

At the entrance to the town, you could see that the goblins had built a rickety palisade to replace the long rotten timbers of the old gate. Some goblins could be seen guarding it, four nasty little creatures carrying swords and shields and a fifth goblin holding a staff. Concealed among the thick gathering of trees, the goblins could not see you unless you did something to draw their attention. Alkirk had a concerned frown on his face. "I have never seen the gate so well protected... That palisade was not here when I last visited a week ago. Something has compelled the goblins to better defend themselves it seems." Turning to you, the noble presented you with some options. "I believe I said before that it would be dangerous to attract the whole city's attention. The sheer number of goblins is far too much for us to handle alone. May I see the map again?"

Taking out the map, Alkirk pointed to the river, saying, "If we could cross the river, we could avoid the gate altogether and sneak into the slums. Only that would lead us into the heart of the slums where the kobold's lair." He then dragged his finger over to another section of the forest to the East of the town. "If we were to trek through the forest some more and come from the East, we could sneak past the town's bathhouse and the stables and go directly to the temples and start our search there. Of course, we'd still have to cross the river." Handing the map back, Alkirk looked at you all with confidence, letting the decision fall to you.

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Sara Sidereal Sara Sidereal EldridSmith EldridSmith Gowi Gowi

Shimmer was surprised that Alkira was joining them. He did not complain and found the idea to be good, Alkira knew the lay of the land well and would be able to guide them to an extent.

As they got closer, Alkira made a mention that did not settle well with Shimmer. They had reinforced the front gate and it had been done within a week? That did not sound good, nor did the Goblin that had the Staff look like good news.

When Alkira made the suggestion to not attract attention, Shimmer agreed. As Alkira layed out the two options for infiltrating the Town, Shimmer pondered the merits of both options. Sneaking by the bathhouses sounded good but also carried risks that, to Shimmer, outweighed the benefits. Sneaking into the slums might be more helpful but had a high risk too.

However, something told Shimmer that the risk was balanced out by the reward. So keeping his voice low enough that he would not alert any potential patrol, he said in a hushed thoughtful tone, “I think that the best bet we have is to go through the slums. We could potentially get some help from the Kobolds that live there or at least some information on what’s going on.” Shimmer then added, “The risk is great but, if we do this right, then the reward is just as great or even greater. Still, what does everyone else think?”

Last edited:
"I'm not the most well versed on situations like these so I shall trust your judgments. Just stay near me and I'll keep you all as safe as I can during our journey."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back