Other Podcasts

AdrianS

I Saw Seven Birds
I think it's fascinating that in an age where we're finally actually getting virtual reality available in our homes there's also a resurgence of audio-only programming. I mean podcasts are basically like old radio shows, but way more numerous and diverse. Maybe it's because I have to do a lot of driving for my job and I have a lot of work around the house that makes it hard to watch TV, but podcasts are how I'm getting through my day.

I love The Adventure Zone (and most other McElroy content), Ear Hustle (made by the prisoners of the San Quinton prison), Gastropod & Proof (food science/history shows), and My Favorite Murder (somewhat self explanatory). Anyone else have favorite podcasts they want to gush about?

The best podcast ive ever listened to is easily Welcome to Nightvale!​
WTNV is incredibly good, though at this point I am YEARS behind... it's going to be a bit of a stretch to catch up... but I love that it's formatted as an actual radio show, which I think all podcasts fall into, to a certain extent.

The Super Best Friend Cast now known as Castle Super Best: Hilarious guys with decent overall knowledge about video games and the industry. And Bill Burr's podcast: The guy is just one of the top comedians around. 'Nuff said.

I quite fancy Welcome to Nightvale (I don't know even how one can explain the lovely gem) and Up and Vanished (Season 1 mostly, Georgia teacher vanishes without a trace and the wee fellow who investigates for fun actually helps the investigation reach an end after so many years). I haven't been able to get into any others yet.

Definitely another vote for WTNV from me! That bizarre humour really is brilliant. I'm also a huge fan of Wooden Overcoats (It probably helps that I'm totally in love with one of the main characters), it's a super witty comedy about a dysfunctional funeral parlour's completely one-sided battle against the new competition in town, and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History, an incredibly in-depth look into different conflicts of history from ancient vies for kinghood to Julius Ceasar and the World Wars!

I mostly listen to comedic podcast, of which my favorites are:

-Sleepycast is easily my favorite comedy podcast and I am stuck in an endless loop of re-listening to all of their episodes. They usually avoid talking about current topics so the podcast has a timeless feel to it.

-The Official Podcast (Made by Penguinz0 & friends) and Snark Tank are two podcast I've recently discovered that are also great and hit some similar notes to Sleepycast.

-Earlier episodes of the Supermega podcast, the newer ones usually tend to divert into political mumbo jumbo out of nowhere and I am not a fan of that. Still a pretty good overall podcast.

oh boy, could i go on four hours about how fantastic The Penumbra Podcast is! especially wonderful, for me at least, is the lgbt rep! the main character is canonically nonbinary, and being nonbinary myself, it just feels great to get some good representation! also, who doesn't love crimes in space? 👀

I love WTNV, but I actually think the guys
(his name escapes me now) otherr series, Alice Isn't Dead, is my fave out of the two. I don't think it caught on as much, which is a shame because I genuinely love it.

Ofc anything that came from the McElroy's is great, I weirdly couldn't get into TAZ until the Amnesty arc?? Unsure why but there we go

Limetown is a story based one I liked, it's about this small town built for some kind of scientific experiment, it went wrong and everyone in it disappeared. SpooOooky

Also for true crime/weird stuff, I listen to the Mile Higher podcast because it's hosted by one of my fave TC YouTubers.

Comedy
-Tigerbelly: Comedian Bobby Lee does this show with his girlfriend Khalyla and their friends, often inviting on other comedians, actors, and musicians as guests. They discuss everything from mental health and addiction to show business to that time Bobby ate a pebble as a kid and how he thinks he pooped it out recently

-Hello From the Magic Tavern: Improv actor Arnie Niekamp plays a man who fell through a dimensional portal behind a Burger King in Chicago into the magical fantastical land of Foon, where he meets shapeshifter Chunt, played by Adal Rifai, and Usidore the Wizard, played by Matt Young. It’s like Narnia for adults

-The Ron Burgundy Podcast: Will Ferrel reprises his role as Ron Burgundy of Anchorman for this scripted podcast

Literary

-Myths and Legends: Jason Weiser narrates stories from mythology, legends, and folklore for a modern audience and produces the show with his wife Carissa. Some are incredibly popular stories you think you know, but with surprising origins. Others are stories you might not have heard but really should.

-Fictional: The sister podcast to Myths and Legends, this show has Weiser narrating stories from classical literature, like Sherlock Holmes and Dracula.

-The Classic Tales Podcast: Talented voice actor B.J. Harrison reads classical literature (short stories and novels) every week, audiobook style

True Mystery

-Generation Why: This true crime podcast delves deep into stories of heinous criminal acts , the victims, the perpetrators, the judicial system that succeeds or fails, and dares to ask why.

-Astonishing Legends: Scott Philbrook and Forrest Burgess and their team of researchers investigate real cases of astonishing legends, mysteries, conspiracies, and the paranormal, presenting credible information and evidence from all angles to give a 360 degree view of stories like Polybius Ultra, the Count of Saint Germaine, Anneliese Michel, and the Nazi Bell.

Horror

-The Magnus Archives: Join Johnathan Sims, head archivist of the Magnus Institute, as he reads statements from people who have witnessed strange unexplainable events and had close encounters with forces beyond our control. It seems like an anthology at first but the stories are interconnected and get more so as the over-arcing plot surfaces.

-Rabbits: Carly Parker's best friend, Yumiko Takata, went missing after playing an ancient and mysterious game called Rabbits. Carly will have to pick up where she left off to find her. This is by the Public Radio Alliance and their shows fall into pretty unfortunate pitfalls (bad voice acting, bad writing, etc.), but Rabbits and The Last Movie (see below) are by far the best of the bunch. They're basically an audio version of a wall with a bunch of red strings connecting seemingly unrelated events.

-The Last Movie: Nic Silver and his friend M.K. look into rumors of a movie that goes by many names: Tenebrus Occulta, The Trees, and The Last Movie, to name a few. Apparently, if you watch it, it's the last thing you ever see. Any and all alleged screenings of the film have ended in horrible bloodshed. So of course these two will try to find it and watch it.

-The NoSleep Podcast: A horror anthology series featuring voice actors and talented horror authors presenting tales to frighten and disturb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back