• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PMD: Total War. (Riolux, Runesage, & JamesTyphlosion)

Runesage

Silent observer
Just some lore:

What would have happened if the Poke Ball, or other methods of capturing/controlling/befriending Pokemon never was invented? Probably war. When humans don’t understand something, and can’t control it, they fear it, and try to destroy it. Fearful of what they didn’t understand, an event occurred that set humans at odds with Pokemon. Many humans live lives supporting the Hunter/Defense corps. Some are beginning to tire of the fighting, however. The Humans developed much technology to counteract Pokemon abilities and attacks, such as the Psychic Disruptor (interferes with any type of psychic power), Grounding Rods, Float Boards, and others. Guns are about as destructive as they get, with a few grenades/missiles for dealing with Steel types.
Notes about specific squads:

11-SS (Base 11, Stealth and Survival): Mina’s former squad, of which she was the leader. Nicknamed the 3rd line because after the first few defenses fail, they were called in to clean up the mess. Only are called in for and target the most immediate threats. Stealth and Survival, due to they spend most of their time outside of base tracking threats

Leader: Riel, Equipment Support, Medic.

12-RD (Base 12, Research and Development): Research and development squad. Through Pokemon captured by 11-SS, they have come up with the majority of the technology that is used to combat the Pokemon. Working on [CLASSIFIED].

Leader: Sivent. Head Scientist. Known to be against the war to begin with. Hasn’t been seen for a while, due to work on [CLASSIFIED].

23-FL (Base 23, Front Line troops, nickname): Highly trained front line troops. One of the lowest mortality rates in the field. Known to attract the extremely gung ho and those with a personal vendetta against Pokemon. There are no survivors when they attack, and they attack often.

Leader: Drastos. Heavy infantry. Brilliant and Brutal.

On the Pokemon side of things:

The Pokemon, in response to the increasing technology that humans were creating discovered some things to help them as well. The most important of this being that of Mystery Dungeons. Mystery Dungeons exist as risky ways for Pokemon to escape being hunted, most often accessed through entercards. Dungeons are smaller than in the games, only a few floors, and are usually a means for the desperate to get out. The longer a Pokemon stays in a dungeon, the harder it is to control themselves. It’s seen as merciful to knock out rampaging Pokemon, because the dungeon will spit them out, and they can regain their sanity. Another important technological advancement for Pokemon was the ability to craft Entercards into helpful Orbs, with varying effects depending on the types of items and Entercards combined.

A few Pokemon have discovered a way to distance themselves from their emotions, becoming Shadow Pokemon. This process is extremely dangerous because it removes almost all capacity to feel from the Pokemon. Ruthless creatures of vengeance and war, these are feared by both Human and Pokemon alike.

Riolux Riolux JamesTyphlosion JamesTyphlosion

A form clad in white dashed through the facility, navigating the dark tunnels with ease. Footsteps rang through the halls along with shouts, but the figure didn't take much notice of them. They were on a mission. A mission that could… There! A set of small objects on the table caught the figure's attention. He hurriedly searched through the clutter, and muttered, "Come on. I know that they're all here. I counted them myself." He set three aside and frantically searched more for the fourth one. "Got you!" The figure held the four objects in his hand. "O guardian of doorways, please hear my plea. Save me from danger and grant me an audience!" The four objects in the figure's hand flashed, and a circular opening in space appeared before them.

"Stop him!" The pursuers shouted, but it was too late. The figure stepped through the doorway, and it vanished. "What are we going to tell the Boss?" The voice asked. "We failed."

"'e can't do much. No one who steps through that doorway lives. We report a success." A second voice replied. "Come on. We need to make it look like we weren't here. Make sure that you leave…" the second voice faded off into the distance.

The figure opened his eyes to see a rather curious sight. All around him, rings floated in the air, with images in the middle of them. A rather small figure was watching through one of the rings. "You requested an audience with me?" The figure said.

"Y-y-yes. I suppose I did." The white-clad figure said. "I need some help."

"That's what I'm here for!" The small figure said gleefully. "I am Hoopa, the ruler of doorways, and one of two granters of wishes. I love making bargains. Come, let us discuss terms. What is it that you want done?"

"I want this war to end, without one side killing the other."

A silence followed this statement that seemed to stretch on into infinity. "I can't change people or Pokemon's minds." Hoopa said. There was a pleased gleam in his eye, that indicated that this was something he'd been desiring for a long time.

"I'm not asking for it to be done now. I just want it to happen. I don't care how long it takes. I just need to know that the senseless violence will end with peace between the two." The figure looked hopeful. "Surely you could set some events in motion that would cause that."

Hoopa considered, weighing the options and the scope of his abilities. "This is a huge wish. I cannot do it on my own. It will take me and Jirachi working together to set the events in motion, and even then, I cannot guarantee that it will end the way you want. However, the way things are currently going, there is no chance that the war will end with both sides intact."

"I'm willing to take that risk. Too much has been lost because of this war for me to stand by and watch." The white clad figure announced.

"Except you haven't been 'just watching' have you?" Hoopa played absentmindedly with the ring on his left ear. The white clad figure flushed slightly, remembering who he was speaking to. Seeming to come to a decision, Hoopa removed the ring and tossed it into the air, where it expanded slightly. "Jirachi. You awake, or do I need to come get you?"

Another small figure sleepily poked her head out of the ring. "No need to be rude. You wanted…" Jirachi yawned expressively, "me, Hoopa?"

"This one wishes for a peaceful end to the war." Hoopa replied.

It seemed to take several seconds for the words to pierce the sleepiness of Jirachi, but once they did, her eyes opened wide. "Finally, someone asked for that. It will not be easy, for anyone involved. Especially you." Jirachi looked at the figure standing before the two legends.

"I am willing to pay any price needed."

"But are you really? Normally we would test your will before granting the wish. However, since Hoopa and I have both wanted this for a long time, this one's going to be a little different." Jirachi and Hoopa looked at each other for a second. "You will be dead to all those who knew you, yet still live. Unknown to those around you, and unable to communicate with those you love. Some of your memories will be claimed as well, to prevent you from seeking them out. Yet, you will also serve a great purpose. You will have the power to sense the path that leads to peace, and will be able to appear when things are not going down that path." Jirachi's eyes softened. "This is simultaneously the fulfillment of your wish and the price. You will have the sense of foresight, and the responsibility to act on it. You will save many lives with your abilities, yet you will seldom be appreciated. We will set in motion everything we can do, but the rest will be up to you, and several others. Do you understand what will happen?"

The figure seemed taken aback. "I thought- no. It couldn't be that easy, could it."

"Few things are. If you'd asked for something that'd only affect yourself, it would be easier for us and you. The more people a wish affects, the more energy it takes, on everyone's part." Jirachi said.

"I understand, and I accept." The figure said.

"Then the pact is sealed." Hoopa stated. "I hope you succeed, for the world's sake." His form began to shift, and suddenly a much larger being stood in front of the figure. Jirachi's chest fluttered and a third eye appeared, which immediately began to glow. The giant Hoopa began chanting something in a mystical language, and several of the objects which the figure had used to enter this realm began to appear, swirling around him. The symbols on the objects peeled off, and began spinning faster and faster, while Jirachi's eye glowed more and more. The figure began wondering if he was making the right choice. Too late for that now I guess. Let's see where this takes me. A beam of light shot from Jirachi's chest and slammed into the white clad figure at the same time as the swirling symbols shot from their orbit around Hoopa and into the figure as well.

The last thing the figure knew before he blacked out was pain. Intense pain.

-----------------------3 months later-------------------

Lyle superstitiously looked away from the table as the ingredients laid out began to spark and glow. He counted to seven while the noise of combining elements faded, and when he looked back at the table, there was a new stack of Entercards ready for him to work with. Breathing a sigh of relief, he quickly scanned through the stack, making a mental note of the Entercards prepared, and placed them into a pouch at his waist, sorting them into various compartments within the pouch for ease of access. Putting aside the equipment, he left his workshop, making sure to seal the entrance behind him, and looked around for Mina. She wasn't far, waiting on the bench across the road from the workshop. The Plusle grinned on the bored expression on Mina's face, and he walked over to the Minun.

"You ready to go?" Lyle asked.

"Sil's missing." Mina responded. All of Lyle's playful demeanor faded away at those words.

"How long ago?"

"Yesterday morning. Nobody saw him leave. Nobody saw anyone enter either. He just... vanished." Mina replied.

"High command must have gotten him then..." Lyle muttered, and Mina nodded in reply. "I can't believe they would actually go through with that plan." He thought for a second. "Laura?"

"Gone as well. They must have used her to threaten him." Mina replied, and Lyle shook his head in response again. "Listen, we need to get out of here. They'll come after us next. More specifically, they'll come after you, for those." Mina gestured at the pouch Lyle carried with him.

Lyle nodded thoughtfully. "I've finally set up the gate inside my workshop, and the seal on the door should only be able to be unlocked by me. We can leave whenever we want." Lyle considered for a moment more. "Disappear loudly or quietly?"

"I don't want people remembering anything about us vanishing. We go now." Mina said, to which Lyle nodded again. "I know some people who can help us vanish. Let's get out of here." Lyle nodded, and the Plusle and Minun darted down the road.

On the middle of the road the wo ran on, a frogadier with a few bandages rapped up on his left shoulder was rushing down with what seemed to be a bag at his side. He was panting madly, as if he was running away from something or someone, trying to keep the bag close to him as possible. But soon enough, he accidentally bumps into the plusle and tripped over, letting out a painful yell as he face planted into the pavement. "Ow!" He yelled out, feeling pain rush through his head as he slowly got up.

Last edited:
Immediately as the Frogadier ran into Lyle, Mina pulled Lyle up and grabbed the Frogadier by the neck, which was a weird sight seeing as how the Minun was almost half the Frogadier's size. "Guess he's coming with us." Mina said. At those words, Lyle looked up from his bag, where he was checking to see if anything was missing.

"Really Mina, is secrecy that necessary." Lyle asked stifling a grin. "Also, don't hold him like that. You look like you're going to electrocute him at any second."

"Who says I won't, Lyle." Mina muttered, but she shifted her grip from the neck to a position on his arm where it was unlikely that she was going to lose her grip. "Anyway, you look like you're running too. Care to disappear with us?" Mina asked.

"Mina, we need to leave now." Lyle said as he peered round the corner of the alley they were in. A small, floating, purple figure was floating down the street towards the workshop the two had abandoned.

"Get the cards ready. I'll make sure none follow us." Mina said. Lyle nodded and rummaged through a sack, pulling out four small squares, while Mina coated one hand in shadows, formed it into a ball, and then dropped it on the ground, where it disappeared into the earth. "Let's get out of here." Mina said, beginning to dash away, still holding tightly to the Frogadier's arm, ignoring any protest, while Lyle followed close behind.

"Wh-Wha- Agh!" He yelps a bit as he was dragged by Mina, not really protesting as he ran with them. "Wait who are you two?" The frogadier asks as he keeps pace with the two, keeping an eye on Mina as he tries to slip his arm away from her and then looking to the other with a bit of a frantic look of confusion.

"Could you two please tell me who you are at least?" He asks them. "And why you just tried to choke me?!"

"I'm Mina. This is Lyle. We're on the run. We don't want anyone being able to tell them where we went, and so your choices were come with us or die." Mina said, without showing any emotion.

"Mina, you're going to scare him again. You wouldn't kill someone just because they saw where we were going." Lyle said.

Mina spared a moment in the running to give Lyle a look that could only say, "You sure about that?" to which Lyle glared at her. Shrugging her shoulders slightly, Mina turned back to the path at hand, and Lyle started building an electric charge in his hands. The four small squares started floating around his hand unobtrusively. The group ran for about a minute more, Mina continuing to ignore any protests, until they reached a small stream with a peculiar bend in it. "Here it is." Lyle said.

"Good thing too. Shadow Hold just triggered." Mina said, a faint aura of darkness surrounding her arms as she focused on keeping whoever was unlucky enough to stumble into her trap contained. She let go of the Frogadier's arm as Lyle extended his hand, muttering some words. The four small squares spun around his hand faster and faster, until they flew forward, colliding with each other and forming a larger square, which then became a bright circle of glowing light.

"Come on Frogadier! If you want to escape, this is the way to go!" Lyle said, jumping in. As he entered the circle of light, he disappeared. Mina released her concentration on the Shadow Hold, and followed through as well. The circle immediately began to shrink slightly.

JamesTyphlosion JamesTyphlosion Riolux Riolux

The frogadier stared at the circle, then looked around with no idea of what just happened, or what he should really be doing. Though again, he only had two options, stay here and let what he has fall into enemy hands, or follow along into an uncertain area with no idea if he can trust the two he just met. But in truth, his real only option was to follow. The object in the bag was too precious to let go, so really he could only go one way.

No longer thinking, he leaps to the circle and falls inside, as the circle soon vanished from shrinking all the way to nothingness, and the frogadier fell to wherever the portal led.

(Sorry for taking so long with my opener. Had major writing block for starting this out. Thanks for help with that, by the way, Rune.)
A Riolu adorn in a ragged, torn black cloak dragged himself along the ground with wheeze before sitting up against the wall, his blue eyes lacking any sort of lively hue nor focus as his head listed back and forth. Gripping his head in his paws, the Riolu tried to keep it together as the Mystery Dungeon slowly took it's toll on his mind. He felt his temper flaring randomly and while Ryan wasn't the nicest person, the random violent thoughts flashing into his head caused him to wince visibly. Pulling his cloak close around him, he held his head in one hand. It'd been an absolute struggle just getting this far and he'd been poorly supplied. Thanks to the dungeon, his food was minimal and he was battered and bruised by resident feral Pokemon. The same Feral Pokemon that he'd become if he didn't get out quick or get knocked out afterwards.

Runesage Runesage JamesTyphlosion JamesTyphlosion

As the light cleared and Lyle stepped into the Mystery Dungeon opened by the Entercards, he immediately waited by the gate for Mina, catching her as she came through. The instant her feet touched the ground, the faint shadows that had been surrounding her became more intense, almost a deep red color instead of their normal purple. "Mina, we're going to be fine. We have to get through here Mina so we can be safe." Lyle began to ramble on, using Mina's name every few seconds. There was a pain in the Minun's eyes, as if this very place was causing her some internal agony. The only thing that seemed to keep her grounded was Lyle speaking to her about nothing in particular, but just talking with her. As Lyle watched the Frogadier come through the closing portal, he never broke off speaking to Mina, but said. "Mina, this frogadier is going to help us. We've got to get out of here Mina. Come on Mina, just follow me." Lyle said, gesturing to the Frogadier as well before heading off. He felt the intense energy surrounding him as the Mystery dungeon threatened to overload his senses, but he managed to keep his cool. As he walked off, he spotted a strange figure. "Mina, we might have to fight. I'd prepare a Shadow Hold if he gets closer Mina." He said, never breaking the flow of words that continually spilled out of him.

JamesTyphlosion JamesTyphlosion Riolux Riolux

The frogadier looks to Mina and Lyle, following but kept an eye inside his bag to ensure the item inside of was still inside and, more importantly, that it was still intact. He sighs in relief that it was still inside, as he looks to see the shadowy figure and then feel a small headache inside, but also confused as to where he was due to the unusual amount of red surrounding them. "Where...are we?" he asked the two, but then looks over to see the shadowy figure as he began to back away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back