• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Plucked Threads (Characters)

TruthHurts_22

Funtimes Salesman
Here you make your characters for Plucked Threads, the roleplay about canon characters forced to partake in weird challenges by entities that create all of their universes! You probably already know that, though...

GUIDELINES
  • Canon only! No OCs!
  • Only 1 character allowed per player. Characters that cannot function without another - either literally (Maka and Soul) or due to being part of a duo (Rick and Morty) - count as one slot.​
  • A character must be a character. No mindless monsters, no one-bit gag characters, no non-sentient animals, etc.​
  • While it doesn't matter how strong or flashy your character is, try to limit ones that are too powerful. (Things that won't be accepted: reality warping, large-scale time control, & invincibility/invulnerability)​

CS TEMPLATE
(feel free to spruce it up however you like)
Name: (What your character is called, of course!)
Appearance: (A fancy picture of what your character looks like.)
Universe: (Where they're from, originally.)
Personality: (The meat 'n potatoes of your character, what they're like and how they act.)
Powers/Abilities: (The special things they can do, better (or maybe even worse) than others!)
Equipment/Belongings: (What they have on them, from what they frequently use to just whatever was in their pockets. Please keep it logical - a knight could have their sword, but a soldier wouldn't have his tank.)
Backstory: (A brief snippet of your character's life, however much you're willing to divulge.)
Point taken: (The time when your character was pulled away from their world, whether it be during their canon's story or sometime after it.)

Last edited:
0c07e5580b0ff66a527ea10ec1dacd90.png

Star Butterfly
Star Vs. The Forces of Evil

Personality: Star is a 14-year-old girl and it shows. She is hyper, impulsive, naive, incredibly extroverted, and very attached to anything she considers cute. She's also sensitive, emotional, prone to angst over silly things, and doesn't understand the world very much. She is doing her best. She is the epitome of Chaotic Good and will always try to help others in her own crazy way.

Powers/Abilities:
*Star is a magical princess, the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Mewni, and has inherited the Royal Wand. It is extremely powerful and comes with a massive spellbook that can tell you how to do almost anything. Unfortunately, her control over this wand is... questionable at best. She excels at offensive magic, blasting opponents with cuteness-infused spells, but she turns to her wand for a lot of other problems, too. This can cause more problems when the spells backfire or have unintended consequences. She's a Wild Magic Sorcerer through and through.
*Star is a Mewman, a humanlike species from a parallel universe. She can thus turn into a butterfly-esque being with six arms, glowing eyes, wings, and antennas. This heightens her magical abilities greatly, but she has almost no control over it. It's more likely to happen when she's highly emotional, of course.

Equipment/Belongings: Her wand (complete with charger), her spellbook, her phone, and the clothes on her back. Her Dimensional Scissors have been left behind--otherwise it'd be a very short game.

Backstory: Princess Star Butterfly is the heir to Mewni, and at the age of 14, per centuries of tradition, she inherited the Royal Wand. She immediately proceeded to set the entire kingdom on fire by accident. She was sent to Earth by her parents to learn how to control her powers, and moved in with local Marco Diaz. She spent a lot of time battling monsters and getting herself into loads of trouble with her magic. Really, getting snatched into the multiverse is nothing new for her.

Point taken: Right after Season 2 Episode 1 because i'm still watching the show

Finian.jpg

Finian de Karran de Seel

Appearance Details:
Finian, 19, is a member of an alien race called the Betraken. Living on a planet with constant, violent storms, they evolved to live underground, which resulted in them developing fair complexions and eyes that are extremely sensitive to light. They were black contacts over their eyes to protect them when they are not underground.
Due to muscle weakness, nerve damage, and impaired mobility as a child, Finian is forced to wear an exosuit of his own design to compensate. It tends to hum and click as he moves.

Universe:
The
Aurora Cycle (A YA Book Series)

Personality:
Finian is a textbook definition of a "smart ass." He loves to hide his insecurities behind a plaster wall of cynicism and sarcasm. During his studies, he deterred any possible friendships which his abrasive attitude. Where he succeeds in technical knowledge, he fails in basic social skills. You can always count on Finian cracking a joke in the most inappropriate times. He hates awkward silence.

Powers/Abilities:
Finian is a tech whiz, or at least in regards to the technology in his universe. There is a high possibility that he can decode and hack any foreign computers or gadgets, given the right time. He also provides great comic relief.

Equipment/Belongings:
At the point of his supposed kidnapping by a greater power, Finian would have on him his exosuit, which contains a variety of tinkering tools (screw, clasps, drills, etc.) and his Uniglass,a piece of transparent, thin silicone which is essentially the iPhone of 2300. His service might not be the best in another dimension, however.

Backstory:
Finian grew up away from his home planet Trask and was raised by his third grandparents (Betraken families are very large and complicated). They fostered his technological aptitude from a young age. Once he was old enough, he joined the Aurora Academy, an institution that specializes in training future members of the Aurora Legion, an intergalactic organization that maintains and promotes peace throughout the known universe. Each cadet at the academy can graduate with one of six titles to indicate their role in their eventual team. Finian graduated as a Gearhead, a title that specializes in using the improving a team's machinery and equipment.

Point taken:
He is taken just before the start of the series, after his graduation. I'd rather not spoil the events of the series in case any of you wish to read it, which I highly recommend.

XionKuriyama XionKuriyama You're accepted, though I"m just curious, isn't Star's spellbook like... as big as herself? How can she carry it around?

HydeMind HydeMind Accepted, too! Never heard of the series but if I like Finian enough, maybe I'll check it out :v

Female.Protagonist.%28PERSONA.3%29.full.499471.jpg

Name: Minako Arisato
Universe: Persona 3 Portable
Personality:

Minako is very bubbly, funny, upbeat and cheerful. Her dialogue choices exhibit a broad spectrum of emotions, ranging from sarcasm, joking tones, utter seriousness and otherwise depending on the player's choice. She is a sharp contrast to the male protagonist who is very reserved and concise where she, on the other hand, is not afraid to interject into conversations where her male counterpart would remain silent.

She is also said to be dependable and tough, just like how a leader should be. Although she seems to be always in high spirits, she hides her suffering and burdens, which is why everyone, mostly Junpei Iori and Akihiko Sanada, worries so much about her.

Her personality during Ryoji Mochizuki‘s Fortune Social link as well as her answers after his reveal shows a lot of her true personality and reveals her growth in the later parts of the game.

She also values a lot about her friends, and the lack of her comrades to fight alongside her can prove to be traumatic for her and can put her into a breakdown as seen in Persona Q2 where she is the only Persona user who has to fight alone.

In some Social Links events (i.e. Magician, Moon and Star), as well as the Drama CD, she has a tendency to overgorge herself on food, similar to the male protagonist in the manga adaptation, with some girls in her Social Links and SEES members saying that sometimes they are jealous on how she eats a lot and yet can stay slim all the time. In addition to this, Akihiko states that she'll get angry if someone, particularly Junpei, takes her food without permission.

Powers/Abilities:

• latest

Orpheus

The Master of Strings, Orpheus is a greek poet who lost his wife. When he travelled down to the underworld, he persuaded Hades to set his wife free. He succeeded, with the condition that he musn't look back no matter what. Just as he reached the surface, he looked back, and his wife disappeared.

Orpheus is Minako's initial Persona under the Fool Arcana. He is capable of conjuring flame as well as healing his comrades by playing his harp. He is, however, weak to Thunder.

Persona - Personas are essentially parts of your psyche that fits like a mask to combat stimuli. These Personas can be summoned by different means, but for Minako, it can be conjured using a gun like device called an Evoker. Personas are similar to summon beasts as they are used to cast magical spells and fight in their place. However, since they're directly connected to the user, the damage a Persona takes is reflected to the user. Hit a Persona with an attack that has a property that they're weak to, and the Persona instantly disappears and the user is knocked down. They are classified by Tarot Card Arcanas ranging from Fool to World. Minako's main Personas are Orpheus and Thanatos.

Wildcard Trait - Due to Minako being a Wildcard(basically the trait of a protagonist), she is able to gain more and more Personas the more she interacts and befriends people. Essencially, a friendship mechanic. If she managed to interact and fully befriend a person, she gains a Persona formed from their pact of friendship known to her as a Social Link.

Equipment/Belongings:
Evoker - A Pistol-like Device that allows her to summon Personas--masks that the Psyche use in response to external stimuli. Personas essentially behave like summons that can only be casted one at a time.
Naginata - A polearm weapon that has a blade on the tip.

Backstory:
An orphan whose parents died on the Moonlight Bridge during a fatal incident a decade prior to the game. She also begins her story when she transfers to Gekkoukan, becomes aware of the Dark Hour, obtains her Persona and becomes a member of the Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad, or SEES for short.

Point taken: January 20th, 2010 ~ Mere days before the Final Battle.

Last edited:
"Wait, would that make me double dead? And where exactly would I go, to double-hell? Haha, sorry, you're stuck with me, bitch. Get used to it."
Angel Dust
814c397e0b7b81f321275e5b4dc8a6e88f165a34v2_00.jpg
NAME
ANGEL DUST

UNIVERSE
OIP.jpeg

PERSONALITY
Angel is very sarcastic and sassy and has no problem with being reckless at the expense of others. He's known to be a bit of a prankster, switching between playful and easily destructive as he pleases. His humor tends to be crude or crass, with an emphasis on dirty jokes. Angel's attitude can be considered blunt, yet with a sense of style, always carrying a flirtatious and confident persona everywhere he goes. He's also shown to be a bit narcissistic, as Angel believes most of the demons in Hell are ugly freaks and says his body is flawless.

However, that persona can be knocked when Angel is either dealing with his boss or when his looks are insulted. He avoids holding emotional relationships with others and tends to be a loose cannon with most of the other cast.

However, deep down, Angel actually does have a caring side for the people he cares about. During the turf war, he quickly pushed Cherri out of the way when an egg boi was about to shoot them both with a gun. Then when he noticed his teasing about the hotel’s lack of people was upsetting Charlie, he stopped laughing and tried to comfort her, but then he ultimately decided to leave her alone.

POWERS
Natural Abilities
  • Demon Transformation: Like every other Demon, Angel possesses the ability to turn into his Full Demon form at his own will.​
Skillset
  • Bilingualism: Angel is fluent in both Italian and English.​
  • Weapon Proficiency: Angel can handle weapons with ease, specifically firearms and explosives. His knowledge regarding weapons was taught to him by Cherri Bomb.​
  • Sensitivity: Angel can sense incoming storms from a mile away.​
  • Flexibility: Angel's body is proven to be quite flexible as he was able to remove the chains that were restraining him with ease.​
  • Athleticism: Since Angel is based on the jumping spider, he is able to jump incredible heights.​
Unique Abilities
  • Retractable Arms: Angel has a third set of arms that he keeps hidden and only uses them as his last resort.​
  • Venomous Bite: Angel's bite can poison his victim, making them fall ill.​
EQUIPMENT

Weaponry
  • Firearms: Angel has a vast collection of firearms that he uses throughout his battles. He is first seen handling a Thompson gun in the pilot and can be seen handling six other guns in the prequel comic.​

BACKSTORY
Born into a crime family in New York, Angel Dust's human self died in 1947 following an overdose of phencyclidine (PCP), hence his namesake down in Hell. Since arriving in the underworld, his work for Valentino's studio allowed him to become the biggest adult film superstar in Hell, drowning out his world with narcotics and his twisted sense of humor.

Two weeks prior to the pilot, Angel elected to become the Hotel's first patron on the condition that he behave himself. After being mostly clean and out of trouble for two weeks, Angel assists in a turf war alongside Cherri Bomb against Sir Pentious and threatens the Hotel's reputation before it has a chance to get off the ground.

POINT TAKEN
After The pilot. In fandom speak, after Alastor has defeated sirpentious and destroyed his ship.

EXTRAS

Last edited:
Name: Fawful
Appearance: 1590078457018.jpeg
Universe: Mario and Luigi RPG
Personality: Maniac, loves causing mayhem, egotistical, very chaotic evil.
Powers/Abilities: robotics Expert, extremely intelligent, very good marksman, hypnotism.
Equipment/Belongings: twin ray guns, his ‘headgear’, and his platform.
Backstory: he worked with a witch named Cackletta to get the Beanstar so they could rule the BeanBean kingdom, after Cackletta was defeated by the Mario brothers he managed to make some money selling badges in the sewer system of the mushroom kingdom, which he used to buy the help of Midbus, a pig as big and strong as bowser.
Once he had all he needed he managed to take over both bowsers kingdom and the mushroom kingdom by tricking bowser into eating a mushroom that made him suck everything up, including Mario and Luigi. Once he had both kingdoms, his plan was to capture princess peach and use her to awaken the dark star.
Point taken: after he took over both kingdoms
Quote: “In the last moments of the finale of the finale, when relief leads to negligence that begets rashness... That is when the comeback that faltered comes back and beats your pathetic comeback that I scoff at!"

Last edited:
It’s been almost 2 hours, I’m genuinely sorry if I seem rude or impatient but I can see that TruthHurts_22 TruthHurts_22 is on the site, and I know that it tells you when someone posts on your page, so could I please get some kind of response? I’m sorry if I did something wrong, I haven’t been on this site very long.

Last edited:
Memories tend to just pop up
Drunk premeds and some rubber gloves
5,000 people with designer drugs
Don’t think I’ll ever get enough

On a more serious note I’m kinda hoping someone decides to be spinel from Steven universe, just because the interactions between her, fawful, and star would most likely be comedy gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back