Idea Plots For Hire! (Post Plots Here)

Kiyoko Tomoe

The Donut Goddess
Plots For Hire!

IntroductionWelcome, welcome! This here is a place of ideas, imagination, and most importantly, friendshi- ERm, wait, you mean this isn't that kinda place? I'm reading the wrong notes? Oh, okay...

Well, welcome to Plots For Hire! This is a collection of plots, from medieval spaceships to a fantasy world where this magical device called pen and paper exists. Anyone may submit a plot or other RP idea here, and all ideas will be credited to the individual whom submitted it. All plots and ideas within this thread may be used by anyone, however let it be noted that you must provide credit to the creator of the idea in some way that is easily noticed. For example, giving a tag at the start or end of your post with their idea, such as "Credit for this idea goes to @ Mention."

Rules1. This is merely a list of plots and ideas. Feel free to discuss your favorite ideas in here, submit your own ideas, suggest certain combinations of ideas, etc. However, this is NOT a place to debate which ideas are the best. No arguments over who's idea is better or which plot is better and which is worst will not be allowed.
2. In order for me to add an idea to this opening post, I have to know the idea exists. This means that you must tag me when you post your idea here, DM me your idea, etc. Do NOT spam me though. I have a life, and I have other responsibilities and obligations here on RpN already, meaning it may take me time to get around to an idea. If I get spammed to add an idea to the list, then chances are I won't add it.
3. All of RpN's rules apply here, regardless of what those rules may be, and how they may or may not change. I'm not responsible for the content you post in this thread or that you DM to me, nor am I responsible for consequences that come from such. Content that breaks the rules will not be added to this post's list, as well as is subject to punishment by RpN staff upon report by either myself or another user.

Plots
Now then, to start off this list, I've got a few plot ideas of my own. I don't expect everyone, or really anyone, for that matter, to like them, but it's a start to the list, and I hope that someone is able to enjoy them.

1x1 Plots & Ideas
Through The Mirror - Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
Setting(s) - Fantasy, Futuristic, and/or Modern

An ordinary person is living in an ordinary world. They go through the steps of life every day, have their ups and downs, deal with their own problems. One day, while getting ready for bed, they go to the bathroom, positioning themselves in front of the mirror to brush their teeth. When they look into it, though, they don't see their own reflection. Rather, they see someone else, background of a light blue sky, staring back at them.

Born into a strange world and all alone, a girl constantly wanders around in search of something to do. The world is filled by floating islands, upside-down waterfalls, and trees larger than mountains. One day, the girl finds a mirror floating in the middle of nowhere. When she looks in, she sees another world, one far different than her own. There's lights and things that look a lot like her. There's these tall square mountains that are attached to the ground, with shiny moving boxes on flat black rocks. She stares into this mirror for hours, perhaps even days or weeks, figuring out how to use it to see different things, until eventually, she finds herself face-to-face with a single person whom sees her back.

Roles:
Ordinary Person (M/F)
- An ordinary person, of an age you choose appropriate. They can be in high school, a late-twenties burger flipper, a waiter/waitress at a high-end restaurant; whatever you decide them to be. You're also in charge of forming the details for the normal world, whether it be a modern setting, a futuristic city where people can press a button and have a five-star meal appear out of thin air, or perhaps a more medieval setting; it's up to you to decide. Generally speaking, there's not too much to design for this, as there are many models for any kind of setting you turn this into, though you could potentially get very creative with this.
Other-Worldly Girl (F)
- The (in my opinion) best role for the creative mind. Your character is the only human being in their world. Design the world as you wish, do whatever you want with it. It could be a world that both you and the other person create together, or perhaps they live in a world that doesn't exist at all? Sci-Fi, Fantasy, a more modern setting, perhaps an alternative timeline to the world the other character lives in, where everything and everyone else died off. Let your imagination run wild with this character and this world. Remember, this world doesn't have to all operate the same as other parts of this world. You could have places where gravity warps, while other places gravity is perfectly normal. You could have a place that's always day, a place always night... etc. I won't say more because I've already taken a small amount of possibilities out of the creative cycle, but even so, do as you will with the ideas above or your own ideas if you decide to play around with this.

A World Without Me - Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
Setting(s) - Fantasy and/or Modern

Have you ever wondered what life would be like if someone you hated just disappeared? That boy down the street that beats you up all the time, and nobody does anything about it; what would happen if he disappeared from your life? Wouldn't things be a lot better for you and everyone else? That girl that everyone loves at school, whom constantly pisses you off with how she acts. She should just disappear, right? All of the teachers who punish you for being late to class when a group of kids decided to throw you into the dumpster, the baker who closes their shop whenever you come by because they don't want a customer as ugly and bruised up as you walking through their store... Even your mom should just go away and leave you alone, because all she does is yell at you and ground you for getting into fights that other kids started, and won't let you so much as explain that the stupid kid with the red jacket pulled a knife out and tried to stab you with it. They should all just disappear, right? Life would be so much easier without them, wouldn't it? Or maybe... Just maybe...

You're the one who needs to disappear. Nobody's going to care if you're gone, right? There's no reason for you to exist in this world, right?

"Hi, my name's Hannah. Welcome to nonexistence."

Roles:
Hannah (F) - Can be any name you choose, and may be Male if you so wish.
- Hannah's job is to offer the other character the choice of either simply going on to the afterlife, or seeing how their death affects those around them. Everything else is entirely for you to decide. This character can also be whatever you decide them to be; a god, a demon, an angel, perhaps a non-existent being outside of the plane between life and death, or maybe even a figment of the other character's imagination?
The Nonexistent (M/F)
- The character whom is being welcomed to nonexistence. Play around with this character's backstory, make it your own. Create your own story for why they felt unwanted, or tell a grandiose tale about how they fought for world peace, got shunned for a failure, then faded into the background and eventually just ended it all. You can do whatever you want with this character; doesn't have to follow the layout presented in the plot above.

Group Plots & Ideas
The Game of Life (and Death) - Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
Setting(s) - Modern, Medieval, and/or Futuristic

You've been imprisoned for most, if not all of your life. You don't know what the world is like outside of this prison, of if you do, you barely remember it. You've been sold as a slave, caught committing a crime, or perhaps betrayed by your family or friends and have taken the blame for what someone else did. Regardless of what it is you did though, there's one thing for certain; you have a chance to get out. You, along with a handful of others, have been selected to partake in a winner-takes-all battle to the death, in which the goal is to assassinate all of the other contestants. You don't know the names nor the faces of the other participating prisoners, however you're soon going to get a clue; all of you will soon meet one another, in a place where you may speak without being seen. Your goal; figure out who everyone else is, by any means, and kill them.

GM Duties: Your job as the GM is to give a setting to the world. What time period is it? Is it a world inhabited by just humans, or also by elves, dwarves, tiefliengs and the likes? Is it in the future, with high-tech weaponry and cars that can fly, or is it a more modern or perhaps even medieval world? You get to decide these things, and that could very easily change the entirety of how the RP pans out. You also get to decide just what the prison has to offer to the would-be assassins. Is it teeming with secret stashes of weapons and other tools, or is it near impossible to even eat your peas during lunch without the guards knowing that you ate four out of the 37 peas on your plate in the first three seconds of sitting down at your table? You're also in charge of whether or not there's a story after the competition, or perhaps some other story entirely occurring during the competition which could change or even destroy the competition itself? You decide what this RP truly entails.

Fractured - Saccharine Cyanide Saccharine Cyanide
Setting(s) - Urban Fantasy (?)

For whatever reason, a person's soul is fractured, creating several new people, each with their own mind and unique personality. However, the original person, seeing this as a mistake, sets out to reclaim the pieces of their fractured soul. This means death, or at least a return to the void of non-existence, for the fractured pieces.

So they must decide if they want to run, hide, or band together to somehow rebel against the original, who wants nothing more desperately than to be whole again.

Deep Down Under - BackSet BackSet
Setting - Diesel Punk New York, the 1940s

My name is Jim Lake. I'm a police detective. Or, at least, I was. I handed in my letter of resignation after discovering some... dirty secrets. Nothing you need to know about right now. Especially not if you decide not to join up with us.

Me and my brother, John, are putting together a private detective firm. Now, I know what you're thinking., "wait, won't the police shut this down within a week?" Well that's where you come in, my friend(s). The police can't catch you if they don't know who dun it. So, are you in or are you out. The world isn't what it used to be but that doesn't mean it's any nicer.

The Magic Returns - BackSet BackSet
Setting - post-apocalyptic with some fantasy added to the mix.

So you all meet in a tavern just off of I-84...

Adventurers is a misleading name for you. Your scoundrels. Criminals. Bounty hunters. Junkers. People looking for a quick buck. None of you are adventurers in any sense of the word. But you're here in a tavern. 100 years after the fall of civilization and the rise of a new one.

100 years ago, the magic returned. Everyone was going about their normal days. 2018 had just dawned upon them. And then, wham! Holes appeared in the sky! The magic from the middle ages returned and flowed through the world. People and animals mutated. Buildings crumbled. Unnatural things became natural. And horrors appeared. Eldritch beings that came with the magic. Most of them couldn't make it through the barriers that let the magic throigh but not the horrors. Like a colander that let water through but not the pasta. Some made it through, though. Detroit, which wasn't a very desirable place before, was made uninhabitable. Greece was completely dominated by a god like entity. The korean peninsula broke off of the continent and sunk. Atlantis rose again. The sahara desert became a sea of liquid sand. You get the picture.

That was all 100 years ago. Humanity has been sent back to the middle ages. So has every other race. In the place of old covilization, new ones have risen. Kingdoms much like the ones of old. Much of the world has changed. And now, here you are. Hanging around an old tavern listening to stories and geting drunk on dwarven ale. Little do you know that you're about to have a wild ride.

Above the Stars - Somedudesbutonly2 Somedudesbutonly2
Modern-Day/Fantasy

A bog standard fantasy world set in modern day with one twist, there are no humans. None. The characters can be anything from soldiers, scientists, to ordinary people- er, fantasy creatures. All dealing with first contact with Hyper-Advanced humans. Perhaps a war even? I’ve had this idea in my head for a while, but haven’t thought it out much.

Last edited:
Oh, I've got this weird idea that I have no idea what to do with:

Fractured - Small group RP

Setting - Urban fantasy(?)

For whatever reason, a person's soul is fractured, creating several new people, each with their own mind and unique personality. However, the original person, seeing this as a mistake, sets out to reclaim the pieces of their fractured soul. This means death, or at least a return to the void of non-existence, for the fractured pieces.

So they must decide if they want to run, hide, or band together to somehow rebel against the original, who wants nothing more desperately than to be whole again.

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

So is there a limit to how many we can submit? Also would you be okay if I linked some completed world building documents with some of them? Just to sort of give people a jumping off point. Or would you like to just stick to the basic summaries and let people build from there?

So is there a limit to how many we can submit? Also would you be okay if I linked some completed world building documents with some of them? Just to sort of give people a jumping off point. Or would you like to just stick to the basic summaries and let people build from there?
I would say stick to a summary of an idea or a plot, as a fully-completed world-building wouldn't really give the user much room for their own creativity and ideas.

As for quantity, I've no limit as to how much I'll accept, though try to be reasonable in count, as I neither wish to read through fifty ten-paragraph plots to make sure they're acceptable, nor do I want to come off as overly-supportive of a particular user by having a ratio of 5 of their works for every other work in the list.

Had this idea like two years ago, but it flopped (thanks to godmodding partner). Maybe someone's interested in using it.

Sol y la Luna (tbh, choose the title yourself. I don't care) - Group RP, but can function as 1x1 too
Setting - Fantasy, dark, horror

Your characters suffer from sort sort of phobia; fear of being poisoned, drowned, fear of clowns, spiders - whatever- They had their phobia for quite some time and it started to annoy them a lot. Luckily (or not), the government was running an experiment on how to get rid of those phobias. So, your characters signed u and got accepted.
These tests are run in a big building - which one is your choice. Can be a big hospital, prison, warehouse, whatever. The days the characters spend there have a structure: Wake up, eat breakfast, go back to their room, talk to their therapist, get checked out by docs. every three days, they have to enter a simulation, which is done via VR. Kinda like VR? Their conciousness gets transported into a world built by their phobia, and they have to collect items they associate with it (or any item). Their phobia lingers somewhere. So, if your character is terrified of spiders, small spiders may crawl around or suddenly appear on your characters shoulder. After they have collected everything (the amount starts small), they go to the exit and leave the simulation. After that, they go back to their doc and then do whatever they wanna do.
The longer your character stays, the worse the sessions get. So, if you had tiny spiders in your first session, you may have giant spiders in late sessions. And I'm talking about 20 feet-spiders.
Your character can leave the experiment at any time - but can only leave the simulation when they collected all items. everything they feel in the simulation feels real. Changes can happen suddenly. Suddenly, the room your character is in may be flodded with water.

I've got one of these 'how tf did I come up with that' plots that I'm never really going to use, but feel compelled to develop a little anyways.

I'm in no place to flesh it out for this thread, so I'll show you the deal later. I'll give you a little of it, though:
The name of the group roleplay is 'Concrete Nymphs'. Who knows why?

Welcome to Heaven in the 90's, baby - the American Dream of the afterlife. Sail through the clouds in the latest automobiles and come back for an all-night party.

The poster girl for this roleplay is, of course, one of Heaven's angels - sporting a generous afro, a winged letterman jacket, a glowstick halo, midnight shades, her very own microphone stand, and of course: her heavenly singing voice.

No one has been able to take her band's place on the charts for years, until one fateful day, when an unexpected visit from below changes everything.

I'll flesh it out a little more later.

I've got a few plots that failed miserably and might have better luck if other people used them. Well, here we go.

Deep Down Under
Setting - Diesel Punk New York, the 1940s

My name is Jim Lake. I'm a police detective. Or, at least, I was. I handed in my letter of resignation after discovering some... dirty secrets. Nothing you need to know about right now. Especially not if you decide not to join up with us.

Me and my brother, John, are putting together a private detective firm. Now, I know what you're thinking., "wait, won't the police shut this down within a week?" Well that's where you come in, my friend(s). The police can't catch you if they don't know who dun it. So, are you in or are you out. The world isn't what it used to be but that doesn't mean it's any nicer.

The Magic Returns
Setting - post-apocalyptic with some fantasy added to the mix.

So you all meet in a tavern just off of I-84...

Adventurers is a misleading name for you. Your scoundrels. Criminals. Bounty hunters. Junkers. People looking for a quick buck. None of you are adventurers in any sense of the word. But you're here in a tavern. 100 years after the fall of civilization and the rise of a new one.

100 years ago, the magic returned. Everyone was going about their normal days. 2018 had just dawned upon them. And then, wham! Holes appeared in the sky! The magic from the middle ages returned and flowed through the world. People and animals mutated. Buildings crumbled. Unnatural things became natural. And horrors appeared. Eldritch beings that came with the magic. Most of them couldn't make it through the barriers that let the magic throigh but not the horrors. Like a colander that let water through but not the pasta. Some made it through, though. Detroit, which wasn't a very desirable place before, was made uninhabitable. Greece was completely dominated by a god like entity. The korean peninsula broke off of the continent and sunk. Atlantis rose again. The sahara desert became a sea of liquid sand. You get the picture.

That was all 100 years ago. Humanity has been sent back to the middle ages. So has every other race. In the place of old covilization, new ones have risen. Kingdoms much like the ones of old. Much of the world has changed. And now, here you are. Hanging around an old tavern listening to stories and geting drunk on dwarven ale. Little do you know that you're about to have a wild ride.

One that I've wanted to work on is a ghost/spirit trying to convince a non-believer that they are real. Starting small like moving things to the left by an inch and escalating from there.

Above the Stars
Modern Dayish

A bog standard fantasy world set in modern day with one twist, there are no humans. None. The characters can be anything from soldiers, scientists, to ordinary people- er, fantasy creatures. All dealing with first contact with Hyper-Advanced humans. Perhaps a war even? I’ve had this idea in my head for a while, but haven’t thought it out much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back