• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Plot ideas, philosophy, looking for advanced, long-term partners [UPDATED]

hadal

Hey everyone. My name is Jordan, and I'm a 19 year old college student currently on summer break. I've been RPing for around a decade now, and am searching for long-term partners with a love for detail, a passion for world building, and a penchant for philosophy. I really want to work on incorporating more philosophical concepts into my RPs, and have listed some potential themes for my plots below. My list of plots and themes is pretty short right now, but I'll continue working on developing more, and would love to hear some ideas of your own. Feel free to throw some pairings at me too. I'm open to a wide range of ideas, but hopefully my plots/themes will offer you some insight into what I'm interested in. As you can probably tell, I like dealing with dark and heavy themes. And while I don't really have any limits, I don't want everything to be incredibly angsty and macabre all the time. I aim to create dynamic worlds and characters, so don't want to rely too heavily on any one theme.

I'm interested in modern, fantasy, and sci-fi RPs. I like creating worlds based off those seen in Star Wars, LOTR, and Game of Thrones. This being said, I generally do OC (aside from with Star Wars) and I'd prefer it if we'd create our own worlds. So if you're looking for a fantasy, sci-fi RP, please be willing to engage in a lot of world building, because I love created rich, detailed worlds. I also do m/m, f/m, and f/f pairings and while I only play one character, I'm down to create some extra background characters.

I'm not a very demanding partner. I except a high level of literacy and detail, but am lax about response rates. It'd be ideal if you could response a few times a week, but if you can't that's okay. Tell me if you won't be able to respond for awhile. I typically write between 2-10 paragraphs, so I'd like for us both to avoid meager replies. That's it really.

Comment/PM if interested! I RP over Discord and PM. If you're not interested in any of my plots, share some of your own!

Sith apprentice x Jedi apprentice
Sith x Rebel -- set during the time of the Empire
Imperial x Rebel
Dark!Anakin x Obi-Wan or Padme -- during The Clone Wars, Anakin would have a very different backstory here
Street Kid!Anakin x Padawan!Obi-Wan
Prison escapee x exiled Prince/princess -- I'm thinking this could be in a medieval or space fantasy setting as well. Maybe some evil empire rises so a raggedy prison escapee and a refined but tough prince/princess have to join forces to fight some great evil. We could definitely double up on this and create some badass squad that goes on perilous journeys and fights the evils of the universe.
Brainwashed assassin x Detective

1. Taken prisoner of war in Afghanistan and long believed dead, a soldier returns home to his wife after 8 or so years. His death broke her, sending her into a depressive, near suicidal spiral. But after years of suffering, she gathered together the pieces of her shattered past and rebuilt herself and moved on. She has married, had a child or two, and found a fulfilling career. Finally, she is happy. But that joy and stability is disrupted as her former husband, a broken, traumatized, and disturbed man, knocks on her door.

Themes: Identity, trauma, the purpose and meaning of suffering, war, torture, lost love, ect.

2. The big city is a place where clashing personalities collide, leading to the most calamitous and charming encounters. Through some strange series of events, an absent-minded eccentric scientist/musician meets a cold, straight edge business man/woman. Their professional and social lives clash with strange, amusing, and oddly romantic results.

Themes: Confronting social norms — playing into those norms to establish a successful career, being forced to wear a mask. Alternatively, being an outcast, struggling/refusing to fit in with the masses.

3. A gruff, ill-tempered, and bitterly sarcastic battle-hardened man meets a feisty, boyish, and similarly sarcastic orphan girl. For whatever reason, they end up stuck together. Their friendship begins with mutual animosity, but long months spent traveling across vast and harsh lands forges a strong relationship, though it is characterized by constant fighting and jibing.

Think: Arya and the Hound, Scar and Mei Chang, Frank Castle and Amy Bendix.

4. A dangerous vigilante is causing a load of trouble for Evil Shadowy Organization. They are killing the organization’s best assassins, destroying their stash houses, and leaking secret information. The organization sends one of their finest killers after the vigilante, and the assassin and vigilante meet in a near lethal, and incredibly close battle. But the vigilante narrowly bests the assassin, and before they deal the final blow, they rip off the assassin’s mask to get a glimpse at their most impressive opponent yet. But the vigilante is shocked and disturbed to find that the assassin is a mere boy/girl, not much older than a child. Unable to kill someone so young, the vigilante spares the young assassin. What happens next?

Themes: I think it’d be pretty cool to see some Faceless Man-inspired action here, especially with the assassin. It’d also be interesting to get into differing conceptions of justice and morality, as well as philosophies of death.

5. An ambitious, career-oriented woman struggles to cope with caring for her sick husband while handling the many stresses of her high-pressure job. The husband has grown short-tempered and sullen, he feels a burden to his wife and despairs over the fact that his career and life opportunities now seem to be slipping through his fingers. Frustrated by her husband’s fits of anger, and struggling to find a balance between her career and caring for husband, the wife similarly grows tense and angry. Though the two love each other, they often fight and struggle to hold onto their relationship, which was once so easy and stable.

Themes: Existentialism, the purpose and meaning of suffering, stoicism.

6. The revolution has arrived. Society has slipped into chaos and civil war, and embittered by their poverty and suffering, the people demand a new government and the death of the old royal family. Muse A, a hardened revolutionary and a member of one of the most deadly and brutal militias, hunts down and captures Muse B, the prince(ss), who has spent months on the run, trying to escape the fatal hand of the revolution. Muse A must lead Muse B to his/her execution in the capital city, but first they must cross hundreds of miles of harsh, war-torn terrain.

7. It was the golden age of philosophy, psychology, literature, and art. Two young intellectuals/artists/writers fall in love, living out the bohemian lifestyle they always dreamed of. But their perfect world and romantic country starts to crumble. A dictatorship rises, and intellectuals and artists are targeted. The young couple becomes separated. Muse A manages to escape the country and builds an illustrious career for his/herself in exile. Muse B is swept up in the purges and sent to a prison camp, where the conditions are merciless and inhuman. Despite their separation, the couple never falls out of love. Over the years that they are apart, they write hundreds of letters to each other, which they are never able to send, because they have no idea if the other is dead or alive. After years of separation, prosperity and imprisonment, the dictatorship falls and Muse B is released and leaves the country. Through some series of events, the old lovers reunite and struggle to reconcile the different turns their life took.

8. In a dystopian future, where planets across the galaxy are ripe for the taking, Earth and the planet Illyria wage war for control of the galaxy. Spies and assassins stalk enemy planets, and the plague of Earth and Illyria's war has reached all corners and crevices of the galaxy. As the governments of Earth and Illyria pursue galactic dominance, regular people suffer, dying by bullets and bombs, famine and pestilence. More disturbing still, people are vanishing. They are snatched from the streets and their homes and offices, never to be seen again. Fearing retribution and terrified of the true nature of these disappearances, ordinary citizens don't question the government's nefarious and mysterious deeds. But Muse A, a criminal hacker from Earth, aims to discover where these people are going and what is being done to them. While serving a stint in an Illyrian SuperMax prison for hacking the Illyrian Central Bank , Muse A meets Muse B, an Illyrian prison guard who has some questions and moral dilemmas of their own. Muse B was kicked out of the Illyrian police force for asking too many questions about the government's ties to the criminal underworld, and finds an unlikely friend in Muse A. Muse B helps Muse A break out from prison, and they work together to expose their governments' deeds and perhaps start a galactic revolution in the process. But of course, they must elude capture from dangerous agents from both Earth and Illyria.

9. A young assassin, seeking to escape the business of murder, sails halfway across the globe. As he looks to build a new life in a strange country, a powerful family searches for a deadly guard to protect them from their enemies. The assassin lands the job, and works as the personal guard to the family's son/daughter. These two spend virtually all their time together. How will they navigate their strange relationship and starkly different backgrounds?

Last edited:
I would certainly love to RolePlay with you. Your thread is well thought out and I believe we would be a good match. 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 interest me the most

Plots 6 and 7 capture my interest, 7 especially. I would PM you, but it's late and I'm on my phone. Perhaps in the morning.

Hello, I see your post, and Im interested, I got 2 OCs, we can made roleplay with one of them, if you want you can see in my profile, I talk about them.

Their names are: Ednez Rutherford, and Jack Thompsom.

What

what plots are you interested in?
So I am thinking in something like this:

“Is a normal and beathifull day, the birds are singning, the sky is decorated with a wonderfull blue tone, the plants seems very alive as never before. It seems it’s going to be a good day…but something it’s not right, in the middle of that wonderfull image there is a big block made by iron and concrete, there is some smoke coming out of it, the block has a door in his superior part. No one knows for how much time that thing was there. Suddenly it starts shaking a litle, and his door opens…”

Now, in this point we need to chose which of these 2 characters I will take to roleplay…so, what do you think? Are you interested?
(sorry for my english)

If you’re still looking for partners, I’d really love to explore plot 8. I like the idea of testing society’s views vs. personal moral principles, unlikely allies and prison breaks! c:

Hey there,

I think you have some really promising ideas here! Your third idea is particularly appealing to me; I’m a sucker for darkly humorous, gruff, father-daughter-like friendship. I’m comfortable playing all genders and ages, and more often then not tend to err on. the lengthier side of things in my writing (~5-10 paragraphs.) I also enjoy incorporating philosophy into my stories without being too blatantly obvious or clumsy about (at least that’s the hope.) Collaboration — especially when it comes to world-building and sketching general plot outlines — is probably my favorite part about role-playing, so I enjoy chatting OOC, even after the role play has began.

I also happen to be a 19 y/o university student, and am trying to make the best of summer break! I’m beginning an internship/volunteer position early next month which will keep me pretty busy, but I can say with a certain amount of confidence that I should be able to post at least once or twice a week in-character. If you are no longer as interested in the third prompt and would rather try something else, I would be be happy to work with one of your other ideas or pitch you a few of my own! I’m really not very picky. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back