• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Plight of Vacosa, OOC

My need to figure this rolling system is making me do it! Help me stop my aggressor!

The dice system, the DnD 3 one, Bonus is the proficiency I'm assuming. But im not sure what the difficulty is. I wish they show us its math... (i never thought I would use that phrase one day)

The difficulty is how hard the task you're trying to accomplish is. In the case of attacks, it'd be the AC of your taget. The bonus is your entire bonus, which is usually your Proficiency bonus (+2 for me) + your ability bonus (+4 for Dex for me). Back in D&D 3 and 3.5, there were a ton of other modifiers on top of that, but they've mostly been done away with in D&D 5 in exchange for the Advantage system.

And if you think that's bad, you should look up Thac0 some day ;)

Testing advantage

Aahh, so difficulty usually often comes in combat? Hm, it feels that in this rpn DnD 3 rolling dice system makes understanding Difficulty difficult than nessary.

The bonus, at its core from 3 to 5, us the same, yes?

Geebes no thank you. Im still trying to wrap my head around with the difference mechanic between the DnD! Maybe one day :b

Bonus works essentially the same, yes.

Difficulty is a thin in pretty much every roll, it's how much you need to succeed. It might as well be 10 on an Athletics roll to climb a fence, or 20 on an Arcana roll to recognise the magic of a particular sorceror, or pretty much anything. However, often you don't need to input it, since the GM will just tell you whether (and to what extent) you succeed after the roll has been made.

Oooh thank you. That cleared something up for me here!

So no need to input in Difficulty and put the appropriate total of proficiency bonus and ability mod, or whatever is called for at the time, in the Bonus for the roll system, DnD 3 option.

I got that right?

No, no need. Just pick 1d20 from the "only dice option," or two if you have Advantage, and then write the bonus as an OOC comment. Then JayTee can evaluate how well you've done and say what happens.

And if you think that's bad, you should look up Thac0 some day ;)
Fuck THAC0.

Also, do me a favor and at least put the bonus in when rolling dice, so I can manually add it in instead of looking at your sheet for whatever your bonus is.

Also also, posts may or may not happen for a bit due to holidays.

Fuck THAC0.

Also, do me a favor and at least put the bonus in when rolling dice, so I can manually add it in instead of looking at your sheet for whatever your bonus is.

Also also, posts may or may not happen for a bit due to holidays.
Noted. Something like purple and I did when we rolled?

Aw i was hoping for the reply from the guy! But eh. I hope u a good holiday!

Naw nothing special, just include it in the dice roll like normal and I'll add it to the final result.

Holy shot! We gained a halfing! Im keeping him after all the trouble for Ryphle.

Dang it, we need to find a new place to stay. Should we get info about the city and Mother, guys?

Holy shot! We gained a halfing! Im keeping him after all the trouble for Ryphle.
You can keep him only if you promise to feed him and take him for walks twice a day. A halfling is a big responsibility for a new adventurer, are you sure you're up to it?

:xFtongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back