• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Plight of Vacosa, DnD 5e

JayTee

Eight Thousand Club
The Pitch:

Vacosa is the city of wonders, a bastion of culture, knowledge and magic. Long held as the jewel of the continent, it economic and military prowess ensured that it would reign prosperously for many generations.

Or at least, that's what people believed before the Whispering Plague tore across the lands. The dead would not rest, and the whole continent was brought to it's knees trying to contain the threat.

Eventually, the threat of the Whispering Plague was ended, and something resembling peace could at last be returned to Vacosa.

Unfortunately, the threat of the Undead has crippled Vacosa, and it now stands on the brink of collapse. Only a skeleton government remains, desperately struggling to maintain order. Filling the void left by their authority, organized crime has skyrocket, leaving the overtaxed guard stretched even thinner.

You and your fellows are new arrivals to Vacosa, destitute and penniless, you nonetheless see opportunity in the now broken city. Whether you help restore order, carve out your niche as a member of the mob, or simply ignore both of them and get rich one way or another.

The Details:

>Plight of Vacosa is a DnD 5e game that's looking for one or two more players to round out the ranks before we begin. First come, first serve!

>Players will begin at level 5.

> All Unearthed Arcana is open for use.

>This is a morally neutral champaign. Players must decide together before the if they want to be a good or evil.

>This game will be a Play By Post on the forums, newcomers and experienced alike welcome.

>Posting requirements are minimal, though one-liners and excessive numbers of paragraphs are discouraged. Proper spelling/grammar/post formatting and player engagement with the ongoing plot are more important.

>If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask!

Glitched Glitched , TripTripleTimes TripTripleTimes .

Yo Esb, Long time no see! Anything you want to know that will help sway your decision one way or another?

You too, JayTee.

What's the group like, and how are things on the high fantasy vs grim-and-gritty scale?

Also, how do you feel about Bladesingers (Sword Coast Adventurer Guide)?

Group is friendly, and I think mostly playing martial types (Barbarian and a Fighter). That said, Don't worry about having a complimentary party too much. A meatspace game I'm running has no front liners, and it's going fine so far.

Things are slightly on the grim and gritty side, what wth the city falling apart. The overall atmosphere is of the game is "Everything is falling apart, but I can still fix it." Think Fallout, rather than 40K

Bladesingers are fine, although I'll like to discourage full casters, as their fantastical powers would somewhat dampen the overall atmosphere. As a tradeoff, half casters like the Arcane Trickster and the Eldritch Knight can pick two different Spell Schools to be their focus rather than Illusion/Enchantment and Evocation/Abjuration.

If you really really want to play a full caster, I'm not going stop you, though.

Mmm, I really do prefer to play a full caster, but I don't want to break the atmosphere of your game. Maybe I'll play a Bladesinger and emphasise the martial side of the class, only bringing out the whole slew of offensive spells when needed, how does that sound?

Mmm, I really do prefer to play a full caster, but I don't want to break the atmosphere of your game. Maybe I'll play a Bladesinger and emphasise the martial side of the class, only bringing out the whole slew of offensive spells when needed, how does that sound?
That works. I'm more concerned about spells that are instant problem solvers than anything else, but I suppose I can handle that on a spell by spell basis.

Is this still open to new people?
Absolutely! What kind of character were you thinking of playing?

That works. I'm more concerned about spells that are instant problem solvers than anything else, but I suppose I can handle that on a spell by spell basis.

Absolutely! What kind of character were you thinking of playing?

Well, I am very fond of Monks but I've always wanted to try the Gunslinger

Unfortunately, Gunslingers don't exist in 5e yet, sorry about that. =/

You're free to pick any other class, though!

You have any specific spells in mind at this stage? I like utility magic, and in particular I'm really fond of the ritual magic system in 5e, so I'm probably gonna grab several of those. Also Haste, because Haste is awesome.

purplepanda288 purplepanda288 Welcome aboard, then!

Esbilon Esbilon Not off the top of my head, but rituals and Haste are definitely fine.

Dishonoured Dishonoured I was originally gunning for four players, but I think we can squeeze in a fifth. What kind of character were you thinking of?

Alright, I think this will be a good amount of people for now. I'll have the threads up sometime by tomorrow or the day after, saturday at the latest.

purplepanda288 purplepanda288 Welcome aboard, then!

Esbilon Esbilon Not off the top of my head, but rituals and Haste are definitely fine.

Dishonoured Dishonoured I was originally gunning for four players, but I think we can squeeze in a fifth. What kind of character were you thinking of?

Alright, I think this will be a good amount of people for now. I'll have the threads up sometime by tomorrow or the day after, saturday at the latest.
Truth be told I'm happy to fill in any spot that the team ends up needing. I personally would like to play a Fighter with the martial archetype of either Samurai or Arcane Archer (both UA) depending on what the rest of the team is playing.

Blop. Finally posting something here. Great to b back hoooome!

I play as a Drow Fighter (Battle Master) with the Fighting Style: Archery. I don't mind having characters with the same class and I think it'll be a fun aspect for the rp! I'm still a newbie to tabletop role play like D&D but i'm a seasoned Form/Paragraph rper.

How are Drow/non-drow relations in this setting? I’m currently panning a high elf mage (bladesinger), but I may be open to Drow.

This isn't Faerun, so Drow are treated the same as Deep Gnomes or Dwarves. It's unusual to see one outside of the underground, but nothing outrageous.

Either works, just keep in mind you may need to revise your class if you use the Unearthed Arcana and it has any changes when it's officially published.

Apparently most of the sub classes will be finalized and released with Xanathar's Guide to Everything, which will be out November 21st.

I'll be setting a thread sometime tomorrow (busy day today) and I'll have a template for you all to fill out. :xFsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back