• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Please help me with improving the outfit designs for my pmmm oc!

Witchyy

Commissions open!

Hello! This is an oc I've had for quite a while now, since late 2015. I've recently gotten off my lazy butt and started revamping her outfit designs after sitting on it for a couple years. I think I have a decent start, but I'm far from content with the outfits I've come up with, and would like some outside opinions or suggestions on how to improve her costume design.
Keep in mind this is just for her outfits. It's very unlikely I'll make any changes to the chara herself, such as changing eye color, hair color, that jazz.

Here's a brief background on the chara: Her name is Ashling, and she's a 14 year old girl residing in a small town in southern Ireland. She is a Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan character, but this doesn't limit what can and can't be done when it comes to the costume design of the magical girls, so don't worry if you don't know too much about the anime. Ashling is a reserved and shy girl, but serious about her work as a magical girl.

I'll also include some thoughts and details on the outfits so far, and what I envision for them. Hopefully this makes it easier to make suggestions ^^

Casual wear: I didn't want this to be anything too fancy. I definitely wanted it to reflect where Ashling is from, since her heritage is of big importance to her and her family. I honestly just looked up "Irish fashion" on Pinterest and took large influence from there (I'm an american pleb so I know little about any other cultures ofc lmao). I found a lot of clothing made out of wool, and just generally warm stuff, so I tried to center the casual outfit around that sort of vibe. I also wanted it to be comfortable, as well give her a more comfortable hair style since she would be the most relaxed when not at school, nor performing her duty as a magical girl.

School uniform: Honestly, much hasn't changed since originally designing her uniform back in 2015. I've always been pretty happy with it, and only ever really made minor changes. But I'm still open to hearing suggestions on how to improve this outfit.

Magical girl wear: This is honestly the outfit that has always gave me the most trouble, and of course the outfit I'm least happy with. I want her dress to have celtic influences, but not being totally a Celtic dress. I'd like to keep the ribbon motif as well as gloves, and a cloak. I think I could add more of "death" and "funeral" motifs since they directly tie into how she became a magical girl.

Thanks for reading my post! Again, if you have any suggestions for improving her design I'd really appreciate hearing them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back