• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help please explain div boxes to me

chee

ch-ch-ch-chia
hi all, i'd like to preface this by stating i have looked through all the div box help threads, the chart thread, and the tutorial thread and i have come to the conclusion: i need someone to dumb it down for me : ' )

i am so sorry in advance but something is just n o t c l i c k i n g

everything i have looked at - even the BBcode guide - just shows up as text. nothing else shows, no coding. everytime i copy and paste someones div codes into my own threads nothing is showing up except the text. for example, the following code does absolutely nothing.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam maximus rutrum lacus, id suscipit augue. Quisque tempus finibus justo, non cursus leo finibus consectetur. Ut tempor elit sit amet sapien sodales, non rutrum risus blandit. Aliquam lacinia est id fermentum blandit. Curabitur urna justo, lacinia at turpis sit amet, iaculis porta turpis. Suspendisse eget interdum diam, eu sodales justo. Praesent vel sagittis nisi, pretium finibus quam. Praesent condimentum condimentum vulputate. Aliquam erat volutpat. Sed auctor sed odio et pharetra. Proin non finibus turpis. Etiam sagittis scelerisque mauris, pretium viverra tortor semper nec.

nothing is happening :' )

hello! it’s not you at all!

unfortunately, divs are currently not working on RPN because they’re unavailable to use as of right now on the site. instead, an alternate way is using border tags.

it works just the same as divs, except you’re replacing div with border.

it’ll look like this:
Code:
[border=transparent; background-color:rgba(44,151,222, 1.0);color#000000;padding:20px;] text here [/border]

instead of:
Code:
 [div=background-color:rgba(44,151,222, 1.0);color#000000;padding:20px;]text here[/div]

most of the css tags functions and works just the same as a div, except it’ll be written using “border=transparent” now.

hello! it’s not you at all!

unfortunately, divs are currently not working on RPN because they’re unavailable to use as of right now on the site. instead, an alternate way is using border tags.

it works just the same as divs, except you’re replacing div with border.

it’ll look like this:
Code:
[border=transparent; background-color:rgba(44,151,222, 1.0);color#000000;padding:20px;] text here [/border]

instead of:
Code:
 [div=background-color:rgba(44,151,222, 1.0);color#000000;padding:20px;]text here[/div]

most of the css tags functions and works just the same as a div, except it’ll be written using “border=transparent” now.

you are. my saviour. i appreciate you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back