Player App

Fable

₮ⱧɆ ₥Ɏ₮Ⱨ, ₮ⱧɆ ⱠɆ₲Ɇ₦Đ, ₮ⱧɆ ₣₳฿ⱠɆ
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there!

I've been contemplating joining this HP for a little while and still a bit nervous.  The last HP I joined I only managed one post due to a handful of other members quick posting and unable to keep up with what was going on since it was all one thread (not to mention a mess of bright neon font colors).  If you've gone through my posting history you'll see I can do a couple of paragraphs to an entire page (depending in inspiration, things to build off of, not having writer's block, etc).

I read the manual and will probably read over it once again, but I didn't see much information regarding the android/robot aspect and I tried to see if there were any other OCs that went that route and found nothing.  It's something I'd be interested as a possible character.

Another concept tumbling around in my head would be twin characters (each using 3 CCP, so a total of 6 CCP) and if having them - within reason and limitations - where one twin can amplify the other's power.

Sorry! I'm in class all day today. Contact St Stare or Necessity4Fun in the OOC thread and tell them it is their god-given mission to nag me to get back to you.

@Fyuri I'm not at all worried about how much you post, so long as it's usually two-ish paragraphs. There's not too much in the manual regarding cybernetics because the focus of the RP is on superpowers, although both deal with transhumanism. DeKay has a few characters with cybernetics, and Leopold plays an android in charge of groundskeeping at the facility. With over fifty characters, there's really no such thing as originality, so you just do what makes you happy! I will say though, as a general rule, we only allow one character at a time to be created, so if you do twins you'd have to post five times in character before you'd be allowed to make the second sibling.

Hmm, guess I'll hold off on the twins for a bit then since I'd need to introduce them at the same time.

In regards to androids, what roles would this type of character be permitted?  I don't really want a menial labor type of android character, lol.  I was considering making the character as a prototype android for the subduing of rogue supers, but not sure if that would be allowed if the other droid is just the groundskeeper.

@welian Well, with the removal of CSS/HTML if there going to be a new player CS? X3  Also another questions above ^

@welian Well, with the removal of CSS/HTML if there going to be a new player CS? X3  Also another questions above ^

Yeah, I'll probably just have everyone go back to the old one. XD The information is still the same, though. Sorry i missed your previous question.

As for your android idea - I'm assuming this will be your second character, as the first character should always be a student at the facility - a prototype enforcer android meant to neutralize supers would actually be rather fascinating, and I think we could fit such an android into the story with reasonable ease.

@welian K, it'll be a while before I could probably make the android OC, but wanted to see what was possible.  I am currently working on my character sheet and will try and get it posted today, just been busy since the announcement, lol.

I remember my days as mod - don't worry, I totally understand. You and Mere and Hesp all have a free pass to drop off the face of the earth once in a while when site updates are rolling out.

Yeah, we are beginning the prep for the transfer; archiving HPs and such one category at a time, lol.  I saw I was at my week limit and was like "I SWEAR I AM WORKING ON IT!" <3  

@welian It was mentioned in the character crit. area that I have too many points in a stat (agility), but I can't find anywhere where it says what that limit is, so now I'm confused if there are limits like that.

There's a hard sum based on rank, and then guidelines for distribution. So, since there are 9 points in a stat, we have three sections of three points each: 1-3 is considered within normal human boundaries, with 2 as average (barring Energy, where 1 is normal); 4-6 is mild/moderately powerful, and 7-9 is very to extremely powerful.

There's no explicit rule that stat distributions have to be within certain ranges, but it's helpful to ask yourself why you want your character to have those points there. For example, a common issue is that new players like to pile on the point in Intelligence because they consider their character to be book-smart or sly. However, Intelligence as a stat in Aegis refers to things like pattern recognition, memory, and understanding. A character who is smart because they are studious wouldn't necessarily have a high intelligence score, especially if their superpower does not affect their baseline intelligence.

Also, did anyone give you an invite to the Discord server?

Yeah, I figured my theory about having a B class character meant I could range a stat in the moderate area as well.  I just had someone else who is a member tell me it was wrong so I decided to double check.  It's interesting how they are applying the argument that my character shouldn't have anything more than 3 when their own has a higher stat than that as well.  X3

Nope, no invite to the discord server yet.  If you could PM it to me that'd be awesome.

Yeah, see, I've been busy with school and delegating a lot of stuff to other players - which is not a bad thing, but I'm often not clear in my instructions. So, don't blame them - they're just trying to do what I tell them to do!

Users who are viewing this thread