• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ::Play Our Melody..!!:: ((Small Group/Closed: For now))

Do you guys like Strings music? Doesn't always have to be classical!

• Yes!!!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Meh?

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pft. That's loser music~

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M u n e

resurrected
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello everybody!! I know this looks like a lot, but please read on!
As you may know, my name is Ramune or Deku! Either one is cool. I'm looking for a chill and sweet roleplay based on music and teenagers whose passions are found ultimately through music. I have a few ideas, and I can't wait for you all to read them. I hope it peaks your interest!! I think this sort of thing will be fun to play out. But, before I bore you with my senseless chatter, here is my prompt!
Enjoy!!

Prompt!
A small group of young boys/girls are each and characteristically different. But despite their differences, they all combine together to create beautiful melodies and songs. Even if it's just tapping on some wood or metal in a park, or while they're on a walk, somehow they'll see the music in the world. This particular clique met in Junior High, in their Orchestra class. At first, everybody was competing to be the best in their area, but soon found that the others had the same unique feelings towards music as they did. And surely enough, they gravitated towards each other. Eating together at lunch, practicing after school, hanging out at the libraries to study even. Soon enough they grew up, turning from children into adolescents.

Now even in highschool, they still find the time to play together, keeping in touch, which is so much more than what most people can do.

Summary!~
My idea is that this group of three or four Strings players grew up together with music. Despite backgrounds and such. I'm thinking they can go through difficult and angsty times together! My idea for the conflict is right below~

My character, Alexander Clef, has a father who's job offers a promotion, states over in Florida. The perks of the job are great. More money, beautiful house, beachside view! Awesome, right?

No way.

Alex is obviously distressed, because if he moves away, then he wouldn't be able to play with his dearest friends anymore, let alone see them. He tries to talk to his dad about it, but the man brushes it off, explaining to the boy that new opportunities open new doors, that he'll move on and make new friends that he could make music with. Alexander eventually realizes that explaining how much these friends mean to him is pointless and it all enters one ear and leaves the other.
Sullen, he goes to his beloved group with the bad news, and just as expected, everybody is torn. Nobody wants anybody to leave, so, one late night, a week before they start to pack up, somebody strikes up an idea as they chattered on the phone.

Why not just convince him with a song? If they can manage to persuade Alex's parents that they needed to stay here in Illinois, then Alexander stays and everyone is happy. But the problem is, they only have a week to create something that truly means something.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ooh!~ I'm excited just writing this!! Okay, I'm going to put the rules and open spots down below! As well as Alex's character sheet and ones to be filled out~

#1: No spam posting! Two posts a time, max, before somebody different has to post.

#2: LGBTQ+ is definitely accepted!! Hell, Alexander's gay. XD

#3: Anime faceclaims only. I'm very strict about this. Mostly because it's nice to have one view for a roleplay, rather than having to imagine someone's realistic claim as cartoony~

#4: At least one paragraph please, five sentences. Also, proper grammar as well! It's much more fun when we have descriptions of scenery or characters that are clear and understandable!

#5: No Mary/Gary Sues please for the love of god. Let your character at least have one flaw, it doesn't have to be too big, but it's not too great when somebody's good at everything. It gets overwhelming.

#6: You don't really have to know everything about music! Just basic intruments~ A quick google search will help you out!

#7: If you want to drop out, no worries! Just let me know so we can refill your spot with somebody different. ^^

#8: Please respond to get the story going if nobody has responded for over two days~

Thank you for reading~
All spots are currently taken!! <3

Alexander Clef
1524384481698.png
Birthday:/Zodiac May 26th, Gemini
Appearance: Chestnut/honey brown hair, golden hazel eyes, fair rosy skin. 5"8 at 150lbs.
Sexuality: Homosexual
Instrument: Violin
Strengths: Persevering, charismatic, energetic, emotional!
Weaknesses: Too emotional, wears heart on sleeve, even. Sensitive.
History:
Alex was born into the world, where his mother and father took the lead. His mother was a piano and viola player while his father worked business. She was always so much more caring and sensitive than he was, not to mention moody. A true artist. It's her Alexander really took after, seeing as she was the one to introduce him to the world of music. Upon first hearing a violin play however, he fell instantly in love, and continuously begged his parents for one every day. He didn't know. Something about the sweet and lively way the bow played over the higher-pitched strings was so alluring, the way a single switch in a finger's position could change an entire song. Even as a little kid, he wanted to feel the wood under his fingertips. It was like an intense urge.

And at last, on the day before his birthday, his mother came into the room with a sleek case, brand new. You probably could hear his screams of joy from Canada at that moment.

From that day forward. he played constantly, even if it sounded like complete rubbish, I mean, everybody started somewhere, right? Eventually, as the years passed on, he became rather skilled at the violin. An expert, even, just as his mother was with her instruments. It seemed to be a dream come true.

And that's when he met everyone else, and found his passion for music just went deeper and deeper.

Name:
Photo:
Appearance: Hair, eyes, skin, height, weight.
Instrument:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
History:

Okay!! Thank you for going through this! I hope you're interested still!
<3
Post your audition ((character sheet)) below please!! I'll tag you in a new post if you've been accepted!

Last edited:
Name:
Evelynn Julia Rosia

Photo:
1524400165150.png

Birthday/Zodiac:
April 16, Aries

Appearance:
Evelynn is five feet four inches, and weighs about one hundred and thirty eight pounds. She has porcelain skin, easily bruised and burned in the sun. Her body is a rectangular shape, with not much bust in her chest or hips. She has a heart shaped face, no makeup on. Her lips are small and pink, same with her nose and ears. She has dark hazel eyes, and to go along with that even darker obsidian hair.

Instrument:
Pianist

Strengths:
Kind
Caring
Motherly
Hard-Worker
Positive

Weaknesses:
Self-Doubter
Perfectionist
Intoverted
A hard, cold outer shell
Easy to walk over

History:
Evelynn was born into a rich family. A rich, snobby family who thought they were better than everyone else. Evelynn was born the youngest of three, having an older sister and an older brother. She was constantly being compared to her sister for looks and popularity, while to her brother for talent and brains. She was pushed to do her best, and even that wasn't enough. At school, she'd be viewed as a typical rich snob, while at home she'd hide in her room, alone, practicing Piano because that's all she could do to impress her parents. She would constantly practice, day and night, until she got everything down perfectly. With one mistake, she'd be disowned, looked at as a mistake. Or, at least, that's how she saw it.

By freshman year, Evelynn had been a cold, unfriendly girl. She was scared that she'd be hated for being in first class, so she pushed everyone away first. And she'd be stereotyped, people wouldn't approach her either because they thought she'd be just another snobby popular kid. To escape from her families judging eyes, Evelynn would stay after school, hide inside the music room, and play piano, the way she wanted to. She had learned to appreciate it on her own, not the way her parents did, and played songs she liked.

That's when she met Alexander, who played the violin so beautifully. She was instantly drawn to the music, a light of hope in her that maybe, she'd find a friend to play with.

Evelynn realized her bisexuality during Freshman year, a few months in. But, with homophobic parents, she kept it a secret.

Hello! It's nice to meet you! ^^

Name: Julias Alistair

Photo:
F612FA23-8C18-48C6-8E22-D12984351744.jpeg

Birthday & Zodiac: July 29th, Leo.
Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: Julias stand at 5'9 and he has light brown hair. You will typically see him wearing his contacts because he hates his glasses.

Instrument: Cello
Strengths:
Patient, loyal, caring, hardworking, great sense of humor, creative, passionate

Weakness:
over protective at times, self-doubt, stubborn, jealous/possessive, hopeless romantic.

History:
Jules was raised most of the time by his older brother because their parents were always traveling. Either for his father's concerts or his mother's art galleries. For most of his life, he resented anything that had to do with art or music, However, when he turned ten his brother never returned from school and a week later was found dead. Upset, Julias took his brother favorite instrument, the cello, and played to feel more connected to his brother. After that, he started taking a liking to it and eventually ended in a school where he meets the group.

Last edited:
Ivan Pavnov

tumblr_inline_p7lbjq5lW01qf2ptj_540.png

Birthday/Zodiac: Gemini
Sexuality: Bisexual
Appearance: Short brown hair, green eyes. 180cm tall, 65kg.
Instrument: Double bass. He also plays trumpet.
Strengths: A very comfortable person to be around; chill, relaxed, takes pleasure in simple things in life, quite sociable, makes connections easily, smart - a person you can talk to about your problems. Fun and positive, likes to spread good vibes.
Weaknesses: Is prone to getting with "bad crew" because he wants to be accepted, insecure, doesn't show his true face, is quick to give up on things. Willing to compromise for the sake of group. Weak.
History: Ivan was born in a poor family of Montenegrian immigrants as the youngest of three kids. Both his parents are hardworking, simple, honest people. His dad runs a small bar and his mother is a cleaning lady. Music as a career choice is not something his parents can get behind. Living is hard, money is scarce, and he's a smart boy - he should become an engineer, a doctor, make a good living in foreign land full of opportunities.

Yet, paradoxically, his dad's bar was the first time Ivan experienced the raw beauty of music.

That's the place where montenegrian musicians used to gather in desperate attempts to feel a bit of their homeland - to speak their language, be among their people. They used to gather there and play, throw parties, talk about their problems... hang out and drink. Ivan spent a lot of his childhood in that bar considering his family lives above it.
Men would usually play songs from their homeland or jazz - and this whole world of rythm and music spinned Ivan's head in a heartbeat. But of course, his father wants better for him - not a life of those musicians who barely scrap up for a beer and come to their families with empty hands, playing in bars and streets. Poverty has made his parents learn to appreciate the power of money.

He learnt to play double bass and trumpet from musicians who hang out in his dad's bar who treat him like their own relative. He plays a lot with them. He's learnt to play intuitively and is still slow at reading notes and playing classical music despite having taken an orchestra class. He's more interested in improvision and jazz than classical music.

He helps out a lot at the bar and wears clothes from his older sibilings because of his poverty. He tries to act like there's nothing going on - he doesn't want to spoil good mood of others and wear them down with his problems.​

Last edited:

REGINA X BIANCHI

Name:
Regina Marie Bianchi

Birthday/Zodiac:
September 29th, Libra

Appearance:
Regina is five foot six and weighs around one hundred and twenty six pounds. She posses a head full of long, silky brown hair. Her eyes are amber in color and seem to be red in some lights. Despite her height Regina is delicate in appearance. She has light peach skin. She has a small, slightly upturned nose and cupid’s bow shaped lips. Regina’s body is slender with a hint feminine curves.

Instrument:
Viola

Strengths:
Head-strong || Blunt || Confident || Observant || Ambitious || Charming

Weaknesses:
Judgmental || Materialistic || Vindictive || Spoiled || Manipulative

History:
Regina was born to two wealthy individuals. Her father being the owner of a chain of five star resorts and wineries while her mother is heiress with her own brand of cosmetics and fashion. The two of them were pushed together by their parents. While they didn’t get along they tolerated one another for the sake of their family and image. When the two of them graduated from college they were wed and sent on a honeymoon, that night Regina was born. Things seemed to smooth over once their daughter was born. Her mother couldn’t have anymore children, making Regina the apple of their eyes.

Like any heiress Regina was spoiled by her parents. She was taught how to act like a proper lady. Her parents hired tutors to teach her about proper manners and etiquette. They’d even had her take music and dance lessons. Out of all the instruments Regina was entranced by the viola. While it wasn’t as light or dainty as the violin the deeper tone sooth her and helped her get into the music. With dance Regina showed the most talent in ballet and contemporary. Throughout her life Regina was expected to be the best. She was told that you’d never get anything in life by doing nothing. Regina took her parents advice to heart, she kept her grades up and stayed out of trouble.

Life changed for Regina when her parents divorced when she was only eleven. The split was hard for her, she was so used to it being the three of them. Regina pitched a fit, she cried, begged, and threw tantrums but nothing worked. Eventually her parents sat her down and had a stern conversation with her. As time passed Regina began to see how happy her parents were. They were finally living their lives how they wanted. Regina spends time with both her parents. They co-parent successfully. Now Regina has to get used to her father’s new partner Laurent. He’s a nice man but Regina isn’t all to happy to be sharing her parent.

coding by: diaphanous

Last edited:
AAAA I'M REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE IVAN QuQ

Whoops I think I forgot to add his sexuality, I'll just add that when I get home
I'm rly excited for this to start!!! ;u;

AAAA I'M REALLY GLAD YOU LIKE IVAN QuQ

Whoops I think I forgot to add his sexuality, I'll just add that when I get home
I'm rly excited for this to start!!! ;u;
I fricken love Ivan?~ He looks great!

I'm super excited too! This is my first real group roleplay, but I had this idea and just needed to try it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back