• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Planetary Promises Interest Check

Impius

The Corrupt
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Planetary Promises
Escape from Xenos
A Sci-Fi Adventure

• Dear Valued Citizen,

We would like to thank you on the behalf of the International Unions Special Projects for your full discretion about any details regarding Planetary Promise. Due to your highly advanced skillsets, you have been selected by your head Councilman to serve the Special Projects Division. Your services will be highly compensated upon return to Earth.

A secured home for you and immediate family members within the High City Villas, all living, and essential expenses fully paid, will be available to move in for your immediate family on your Earth departure day. Details about the mission ahead will be disclosed in person after arriving to our facility. Any questions that may arise will be answered there as well.

We ask that you bring the identification number provided to you at the end of this letter. Do not loose this number as the trip to the facility is only covered via identification number.

We ask that you only pack the bare necessities. Uniforms, food, and essential products will be provided by the U.S.P. for the duration of the mission, however we still ask that you bring up to three changes of basic clothing, and any personal choice in hygiene products, if any. Once you board the ship, there will be no care packages. Please keep your bags under 20 pounds. Your carry-on will be weighed before entering the facility.

We have arranged for a private taxi to arrive at your private address on:

April 25th, 2562​

Further briefing about the details of this mission shall be given shortly after arrival to the main facility as they are highly confidential. The I.U appreciates your contribution and forwardly thanks you for your services and time. Enjoy the complimentary dinner voucher provided for you and your family with this letter for any place of your choice before departure. Please use this voucher before you depart to the main facility, as it cannot be used on facility property.

We look forward to seeing you soon!​

CHARLES LANGLY
    INTERNATIONAL UNION SPECIAL PROJECTS SUPERVISOR

Last edited:
I'm open to featuring an RP that's focused on Earth as well, rather then an escape mission in space.

Hi!!

Interested but just want to know how 'hard sci-fi' this RP gunna be? But thinkin to be safe I'mma drop an app for a security role

Hi!!

Interested but just want to know how 'hard sci-fi' this RP gunna be? But thinkin to be safe I'mma drop an app for a security role
I plan on it being pretty much all SciFi. Like upgraded weapons, research tools, motor vehicles, holograms, aliens (creatures will definitely be encountered. But humanoid ones are a possibility.), Really it's kind of a 'let your imagination fly' scenerio. If there's something I deem unworldly to this world, I'll say something :)

k cooooooools. But missed this:

I'm open to featuring an RP that's focused on Earth as well, rather then an escape mission in space.

My gosh poor dying Old Earth... this would actually be really amazing to see your vision of Earth 500 years from now. Bruh. So down for that even more!!

"Ey Humans!! You just conquered global warming! Whacha gunna do to elevate your peoples over the next 2 centuries... oh. I see. Okaaaaay... *cue Terminator Drum music!!*

k cooooooools. But missed this:

My gosh poor dying Old Earth... this would actually be really amazing to see your vision of Earth 500 years from now. Bruh. So down for that even more!!

"Ey Humans!! You just conquered global warming! Whacha gunna do to elevate your peoples over the next 2 centuries... oh. I see. Okaaaaay... *cue Terminator Drum music!!*

I do plan on adding more to Dead Earth and start it up as an RP! I got really into the idea when I was creating it for this RP (as all the nearly useless details I added.) I really want to build on this Burrowed civilization with massive tunnels webbing these huge underground cities together. Lots of government corruption. Tons of poverty. Advanced technology. I could go on about this dying earth idea forever but I'm lacking a plot in that area

I do plan on adding more to Dead Earth and start it up as an RP! I got really into the idea when I was creating it for this RP (as all the nearly useless details I added.) I really want to build on this Burrowed civilization with massive tunnels webbing these huge underground cities together. Lots of government corruption. Tons of poverty. Advanced technology. I could go on about this dying earth idea forever but I'm lacking a plot in that area
I think you should launch the Dead Earth int CHK! Post apoc humans underground mixed in with advanced tech sounds amaaaazing!

A simple plot could be like from Mad MAx fury road? Like the gov't holds the flow of clean water and has to make the hard decision to 'cull the masses'. Basically they cut off water and resources to 'leecher' communities; ones that are more of a drain on society than beneficial. The societies that gets a pass are the ones that do like a neurolink implant due to optimizing peoples thoughts and focus on helping society the best they can.

MAybe our leaders find out that they do have enough water for everyone but it's all a power play to control and keep our people in line. BUT! They find out about the Xenos mission and that not everyone will make it off the planet. They find out that the neurolink tracks you and puts a 'viability' rating on your profile. The higher you are, the more beneficial you are, and so they want you to reproduce and prolly get you off planet. Those others who DON'T have the optimal number will be neurolink mind-effed into believing that they are meant to best serve earth and stay behind.

So like maybe the original RP plot is simple; take back control of the water(or some other ideal?) for the people, but then dun dun duuuuuun!! IF we successful we find out the bigger picture that the people in power are cherry picking so that they can build the New Earth, Xenos, how they envision it and rule it how they want with impunity cuz of the neurolink implants. But like that would be yhe start of PART 2 and you'd have to worry about the plot if we ever get there lol

But like that could raise the huge questions for PART 2 plot then. Yeah, it kinda sorta does make sense how the people in power are being selective to expand humankind, but what would you do if you held proof of that? So you wake up the masses and cause a global revolution? OR do you use that info to ensure that you and your family will make it off poor dying Old Earth? Like more questions could get you soooooo many plot paths to travel for part 2.

I think you should launch the Dead Earth int CHK! Post apoc humans underground mixed in with advanced tech sounds amaaaazing!

A simple plot could be like from Mad MAx fury road? Like the gov't holds the flow of clean water and has to make the hard decision to 'cull the masses'. Basically they cut off water and resources to 'leecher' communities; ones that are more of a drain on society than beneficial. The societies that gets a pass are the ones that do like a neurolink implant due to optimizing peoples thoughts and focus on helping society the best they can. Also loving the little bit of cyberpunk theme in there with the Neroplants

MAybe our leaders find out that they do have enough water for everyone but it's all a power play to control and keep our people in line. BUT! They find out about the Xenos mission and that not everyone will make it off the planet. They find out that the neurolink tracks you and puts a 'viability' rating on your profile. The higher you are, the more beneficial you are, and so they want you to reproduce and prolly get you off planet. Those others who DON'T have the optimal number will be neurolink mind-effed into believing that they are meant to best serve earth and stay behind.

So like maybe the original RP plot is simple; take back control of the water(or some other ideal?) for the people, but then dun dun duuuuuun!! IF we successful we find out the bigger picture that the people in power are cherry picking so that they can build the New Earth, Xenos, how they envision it and rule it how they want with impunity cuz of the neurolink implants. But like that would be yhe start of PART 2 and you'd have to worry about the plot if we ever get there lol

But like that could raise the huge questions for PART 2 plot then. Yeah, it kinda sorta does make sense how the people in power are being selective to expand humankind, but what would you do if you held proof of that? So you wake up the masses and cause a global revolution? OR do you use that info to ensure that you and your family will make it off poor dying Old Earth? Like more questions could get you soooooo many plot paths to travel for part 2.
I hear you loud and clear! I actually really like that idea and ha dit in mind that the government controls not only the flow of water, but food and any purchasable goods. Hell maybe even drugs that overrun some leecher cities. I'll definitely work on throwing an interest check together for this!! I'll aim for a group but I'm always accepting to 1x1s

Last edited:
I hear you loud and clear! I actually really like that idea and ha dit in mind that the government controls not only the flow of water, but food and any purchasable goods. Hell maybe even drugs that overrun some leecher cities. I'll definitely work on throwing an interest check together for this!! I'll aim for a group but I'm always accepting to 1x1s
Yeah defo post it! Interested in that plot fo'sho! I love you poor dying Old Earth! I'm so here for you!!

One more bump while I refine some things

EDIT:

there will be changes to the Character sheet. Such as an additional colony on mars at your character can come from.

Last edited:
Howdy, love dystopian SC-FI settings! I'd love to put my hat in the ring if you'll have me that is.

Oh, quick question so I don't end up breaking anybody's immersion! How grounded to reality do you want our characters to be?

Like, on a scale of "My name is Ree Ala Tee and I've join this mission in order to provide for my family. Also, my laser-guided atom ray gun issued by I.U runs on sophisticated molecular warp drive atoms developed by the best scientists this side of the system."

Or

"My name is Billy Joe and this here is my talking cyborg dog that only speaks Japanese and only on sundays. I joined this mission solely to be the first man to play country music to an alien while flying strapped to this jetpack that runs on the souls of the damned."

"My name is Billy Joe and this here is my talking cyborg dog that only speaks Japanese and only on sundays. I joined this mission solely to be the first man to play country music to an alien while flying strapped to this jetpack that runs on the souls of the damned."

Okay so this, I laughed way too hard at. The imagery is just... *chefs kiss*

Like, on a scale of "My name is Ree Ala Tee and I've join this mission in order to provide for my family. Also, my laser-guided atom ray gun issued by I.U runs on sophisticated molecular warp drive atoms developed by the best scientists this side of the system."

I was thinking more of this type of setting. Technology is going to be super advanced. But nothing like "beam me up Scotty!". If that makes any sense?

Hear ya loud and clear boss, I'll start working on a framework for a more grounded character. Don't worry though, I'll still make sure they'll be plenty of fun.

Silent Speaker Silent Speaker

Here is the character sheet page:

OOC:

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo SoftSmile SoftSmile

If yall are still interested, I will be pushing forward with this :)

Silent Speaker Silent Speaker

Here is the character sheet page:

OOC:

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo SoftSmile SoftSmile

If yall are still interested, I will be pushing forward with this :)
still here for this.

...buuuuut still hoping for the burrowing post-apoc humans tryna fix poor dying Old Earth RP fr fr tho lol

still here for this.

...buuuuut still hoping for the burrowing post-apoc humans tryna fix poor dying Old Earth RP fr fr tho lol
This idea is in the works! It's a slow process but I'm building on it, youl lbe the first to know <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back