• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Planar Binding (CLOSED)

OOC
Here
Kratos merely god a nod in response; she knew that herself, of course. She just felt the need to acknowledge a fellow in the craft.

Cinder got a response however, if perhaps not the one she wanted as Wednesday answered in her same calm monotone.

"Corrin's suicidal ideation. Or stupidity. I'm still on the fence onto which one is her bigger problem in terms of survivability"

VkCpaM0.png

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. I'm not even sure Arthur would be this rudely blunt. "You really are kind of a downer, aren't you?"

Tera paused before the curiosity won out. "So, culinary catastrophe, hmm? What did you do to earn a ban from the kitchen?"
Corrin huffed at her loss, but listened with interest nonetheless, smiling a bit at the story as she watched the waves. The question back threw her off balance though, and she rubbed the back of her head.

"I mean its not really like just one thing. I tried to get my retainers to teach me how to cook a few times over the years. I think the time I managed to cut myself making bread was the last time Jakob let me near raw ingredients."
She said with a wry smile. Something about the thought caught in the side of her mind, however, and the smile faded after a few seconds.

"...We should go catch up with the others. Or I guess you can stay here a bit longer, but I'm going to"

VkCpaM0.png

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. I'm not even sure Arthur would be this rudely blunt. "You really are kind of a downer, aren't you?"

"I don't think it a particularly pessimistic view to question the sanity of someone who threw themselves directly into a test of strength with a twenty story zombie snake monstrosity's mouth"
Wednesday answered, level as ever. She pointedly ignored any followup questions to that, and ten minutes or so later they found themselves at their destination.

It was easy to pick out; a wrought iron gate stood around the grounds of the manor that loomed above them, a small courtyard with well manicured grass and a pair of fountains with strange sculptures that stood between the house and the gates. The brickwork was a dark grey and stood 3 stories, slightly larger than most other buildings on this block. It looked like the home of someone well off, certainly, as one could assume someone with the power of interdimensional travel at their finger tips would be.

The other clue, of course, was the veritable horde of eternals that laid outside the gates, very much already dead. None had even made it inside to tramples the gardens. As they stood there, the front gate slowly swung open of its own accord, and a single eternal finally made it onto the grounds as it slumped forward from where it had landed against the gate in its demise to roll once before it laid partway across the walkway.

Wednesday raised a single eyebrow and began carefully maneuvering herself over the pile of corpses. "I believe we can take that as our leave to enter" She said as she stepped over the single 'victorious' eternal and made her way towards the double doors

Corrin huffed at her loss, but listened with interest nonetheless, smiling a bit at the story as she watched the waves. The question back threw her off balance though, and she rubbed the back of her head.

"I mean its not really like just one thing. I tried to get my retainers to teach me how to cook a few times over the years. I think the time I managed to cut myself making bread was the last time Jakob let me near raw ingredients." She said with a wry smile. Something about the thought caught in the side of her mind, however, and the smile faded after a few seconds.

"...We should go catch up with the others. Or I guess you can stay here a bit longer, but I'm going to"

"What, so soon? Here I was thinking taking a few more minutes to give you a round two and a chance to win. A little longer break seems fair to me, after killing legions of those things, and the big one as well..." She replied, yet there was in the other warrior's voice that had her continue a few moments later. "........but I suppose you're right." Tera exhaled slowly, lowering herself back down to the ground. That had not quite been the quiet, calming meditation that she had desired but that was fine. She'd won another contest after all, among other things. She opened her mouth to say something else, shut it again after nothing came out, then shook her head slightly and went for it. "Listen, with what I saw...I know it is not my place, but it helps to talk about it. More than it does to keep it pent up inside. Not that it has to be discussed with me, but it should be with somebody. Take it from someone who's been there before." Tera left it at that, turning right around and immediately striding forward.

Even if the way to where they were supposed to go was not planted in her mind's eye, she could feel the others even at this distance. It wouldn't take too long. Her brisk pace served a double purpose in getting there quickly and hiding the soft, extraordinarily quiet snicker she finally let out. Cut yourself making bread, pfft.

"I don't think it a particularly pessimistic view to question the sanity of someone who threw themselves directly into a test of strength with a twenty story zombie snake monstrosity's mouth" Wednesday answered, level as ever. She pointedly ignored any followup questions to that, and ten minutes or so later they found themselves at their destination.

It was easy to pick out; a wrought iron gate stood around the grounds of the manor that loomed above them, a small courtyard with well manicured grass and a pair of fountains with strange sculptures that stood between the house and the gates. The brickwork was a dark grey and stood 3 stories, slightly larger than most other buildings on this block. It looked like the home of someone well off, certainly, as one could assume someone with the power of interdimensional travel at their finger tips would be.

The other clue, of course, was the veritable horde of eternals that laid outside the gates, very much already dead. None had even made it inside to tramples the gardens. As they stood there, the front gate slowly swung open of its own accord, and a single eternal finally made it onto the grounds as it slumped forward from where it had landed against the gate in its demise to roll once before it laid partway across the walkway.

Wednesday raised a single eyebrow and began carefully maneuvering herself over the pile of corpses. "I believe we can take that as our leave to enter" She said as she stepped over the single 'victorious' eternal and made her way towards the double doors

"..." Cinder just let her incredibly judgmental stare speak for itself, not bothering to waste any more words for this girl that she was pretty sure she did not like. At all. Of course there was someone like this among the few that ended up like her, stranded on this unknown world. Plane. Whatever. That was just her luck. She crossed her arms and remained silent the whole way, her thoughts racing with the many many things she could have said, and some of the choicier ones did bring a hint of a smile to her face despite her fuming. She could only imagine what would have happened if she'd said them. Probably a fight. She could practically see the reactions of her team now, if she told them that not long after managing to beat some horned bastard in the toughest fight of her life, that she'd picked another fight with some rude, tiny girl.

Hazel would have that faint disapproval probably, shaking his head. Tyrian, oh he'd just be laughing his butt off and enjoying the retelling...and their team leader, oh she could almost hear his flat "how on brand for you" before he turned away to focus on something else. Yet even that thought had her frowning and crossing her arms a little tighter. Part of her wished they were here.

By the time they got to where they were going, the frown was long gone. Her eyes shot from left to right as she took in all the bodies that littered the ground right before the place, with her immediate reaction being a whispered "wow..." Somebody had gone ham here, no kidding. I wouldn't want to get on their bad side Cinder thought as she followed after the smaller girl.​

<"I am glad I was not left too far behind.">

Zeke called out, his French-accented thought speak broadcasting openly rather than to a specific individual as he'd done with Jace and Corrin.

Nestling his bad hand in the depths of his left pocket, he used the other to readjust his jacket. All the constant shifting around due to tension had left it shifting awkwardly on his shoulders.

<"I apologize for my delay. I had...familial matters to discuss.">

Scanning his eyes across the corpses, he felt a pit settle in his stomach. For a moment, very briefly at that, they weren't the corpses of the undead scattered around the abode. They were wide-eyed soldiers that'd refused to lay down their arms. Even after seeing what Zeke could do, KNOWING they'd die if they didn't take his offer to surrender. Such was the blind loyalty to a authoritarian government and it made Zeke sick every time he was forced to confront that harsh reality. He made the sign of the cross and gently stepped past a corpse that'd fallen too close to his feet. As much as it angered him to see innocents tremble and flee from creatures such as these, to hate them was a step too far he figured.

The dead were dead. Decisions made by their bodies post-mortem were devised by others. Puppetmasters pulling the strings. They were the ones more deserving of his ire.

If he lived long enough to find them anyhow.

Looking upon the group that'd assembled at the manor's entrance, Zeke quirked his head to the right. There was the energetic child, Cinder he believed her name was. The girl in black. He'd not the chance to speak to her personally yet. Better to form his own thoughts than to cast judgement solely on what he'd seen of other's conversations. Then the older bearded man. Kratos, the god, truthfully Zeke felt a bit bashful. He looked like a wreck and a half and here he was in the presence of an apparent deity. He'd give a bow of respect but he'd no idea of what realm or authority Kratos actually reigned over in his role as a god. He didn't want to assume and anger the entity. Who would look after Ink if that happened?

No sign of Corrin or the other woman. Tera, an interesting name. Hopefully he'd get more of a chance to speak to both of them in due time. Which only left one missing factor.

<"I hate to be a bother. But have any of you seen Ink-">

The slightly wet sloshing of footsteps across the ground caught Zeke's attention.

He turned; his eyes turned up as he 'smiled.'

"<Damian-">

Then a fist smashed into his chest.

~~~

Ink had walked off, believing that he'd done enough for these people. They'd gotten a couple of people out of the rubble he'd absorbed. Some were alright, others were clearly traumatized, and some were just dead. Either crushed by debris or bled out before they could be retrieved in time.

He'd taken the higher road and decidedly did not ask any of the grieving families if he could eat the remains.

Still, he was mildly surprised.

Sure, some people still stepped back when he walked past them. Wasn't much to be done about that. But they didn't scream or panic. None of them even tried to attack him. They'd even made an effort to thank him for his work. A damned little kid had run up to him and given her appreciation. She likely had no idea what he was or even WHO he was. But he'd made an impact in her young life by just being there. Helping the people around her, people she'd likely befriended or cared about in her own way.

There was something to be said about that. The way it made him feel.

He couldn't tell you himself though. He wasn't smart like that. As he walked with his hands tucked into the inner pockets of his filthy, grime covered jacket, he narrowed his eyes as his fangs rolled over his upper lip.

So what?

So what if these people hadn't made a scene? What did it really change for him? This was here, home was home. Anybody who saw him would have to die. No ifs ands or buts about it. Even the people who made the naive mistake of believing in their government. Even those who looked to him as their knight in shining armor come to save them from the terrible criminal holding their family at gunpoint. Only to die at the hands of their supposed savior instead. Then, your own brother, who you'd helped raise since they were still crawling around diapers, he'd help those criminals fight you. He'd tell them your weakness and how to achieve it. They'd splash you with water, they'd even spit on you and smatter your body with their own blood, fools the whole lot of them.

Still, it wasn't enough. You had them on the ropes. You were going to kill every single one of them and report your traitor of a brother. It'd broken your heart, but you were too angry to care. You wanted them punished. But then they use their power to splatter you with their blood and your weakness is fully exposed. There's a brief moment of hesitation, the urge to beg for forgiveness, then it's gone. You barely cling onto life, blood's gushing out of your grievous wounds and you expect to die, floating under a broken tree and dozens of it's scattered branches. In a filthy pond filled with muck and your own freely flowing blood. However, you're desperate to stay here. To get revenge on those who left you in this sorry state. You absorb the water and crawl out of the pond, barely able to stand. Who do you see before you?

"Damian."

The voice reaches your ears, it's so quiet and soft you can barely acknowledge it. It's your older brother, adoptive one anyway, and he's here with armed soldiers. None of whom that you give a damn about. They're useless meat that you'd sooner eat alive than give a shit about whether they lived or died. But your brother's here, one of THE strongest Gifted you'd known. Sure, you had disagreements here and there. What siblings didn't? Nobody could ever claim to be perfect but something's different. He's wearing a glamour. You never wear one. It's always been too difficult for you and why would you anyway? You didn't want to play pretend. To be something you weren't and never would be. You try to ask for medical help and explain what happened.

You don't expect the red-carpet treatment but none of the soldiers move. Your brother can't meet your eyes with his own.

"Zeke...? Did you hear what I said??? Multi...He-He HELPED them! The Crusaders got away BECAUSE of him! They nearly killed me, h-he told them about my Condition! He-"

"I know."

You feel a chill run down your spine...

"What...?"

"I know. Winters told me. I'd had a feeling Multi would do something foolish like this. I'd hoped he'd never actually do it. Damn it..." He shakes his head and you're just dumbfounded. Why isn't he agreeing with you? Why isn't he helping support you when you've said you can barely stand?! He finally looks back at you and meets your stare, his icy blue eyes staring deep into your own glowing ones. "Damian. The child. The one that escaped with the Crusaders."

"W...What about her...?"

"She refused to come with me. Do you know why...?"

"Zeke, I-I...please just help me!"

"She refused because of the monster that'd attacked her family. Killed her parents right in front of her. Without so much as a second thought." Zeke bit his bottom lip and looked down at the ground and shook his head. You can't wrap your head around this. Your brother's not making sense! What's all this talk about a kid?? The kid had to be...what? Early teens?? Ink had been pulled away from his own adoptive parents by then! He'd never even MET his real ones! Why was your brother making such a big deal about this right now!?

"It's enough. It's been enough for a long time. I just...Didn't know how to handle it. How to handle you. I still don't...I love you, Damian. But...." Your brother mutters and he's still not looking at you anymore. You cry out for him to help you, that you're bleeding and can hardly stand under your own power. The soldiers begin to chime in that you look pretty injured/you should get some help and for a split second you care about what those meatbags have to say. What they say actually makes sense! It matters! Your brother spreads his feet apart and slams his closed fist into the air behind him, cracking it, and sending a freezing shockwave towards the soldiers. They scream as they're thrown back, the majority of them landing along the frozen ground as solid statues. Freezing but they'll live if released in a quick manner.

As your mind tries to wrap itself around everything that's been happening today, your brother raises his hand towards you.

"Zeke!! What are you DOING!?"

"I...I'm sorry Damian, I can't let this go on any longer. I just can't. This has to stop."

"I'M YOUR BROTHER!!!!"

"....I know."

Then it all goes white.

You wind up in a strange new world with people you've already grown to dislike. Except the one who can shift into a dragon? She's alright, no real problems with her other than her tearing a hole in your crusty jacket. You try to do some good as the weight of why your brother did what he did weighs on you. The child had refused to go with Zeke out of fear and hatred for your actions. Maybe if you'd had a second to catch your breath, you could have sat and thought about it. The severity of your actions and how they affected the survivors. But you couldn't handle two betrayals in one day. Both from people you thought you could trust and loved.

Then, one of them had the nerve to show up right in front of you.

Son of a bitch.

~~~

The punch smashed into the center of Zeke's chest, sending him skidding back across the ground and immediately dropping him to a knee. His eyes dimmed and flickered like a off-kilter flashlight. A luminescent trail of blue blood dripped out of Zeke's face slits. Running a hand over the black ice spread over his horrifically gory chest wound, he could feel a significantly sized crack running down the center of it. Watching as the elongated limb that'd struck him was recalled back to it's owner, Zeke held his hand out in a desperate attempt to keep the peace.

<"Damian....please....">

"Damian, nothin." Ink snarled as his arm snapped back into place as though it were a sticky rubberband. "You cocksuckin son of a bitch. You just couldn't help yourself, huh? You hate me that much that you came here to...what? See me off? If the zombies didn't do the trick, you'd finish what they'd started huh? Take me out like you were going to before the earth gave way under me." Noticing Zeke's wound and the fact that he was hiding away his left hand, he bared his fangs and stomped his foot, the ground turning to oil underfoot. "You think I was fuckin born yesterday?? Take your hand out of your pocket right now!"

<"Damian...please...i do not wish to fight you...">

"No please, no Damian. Do what I fuckin said. NOW!" Ink bellowed, his skin rolling as it boiled and bubbled, the bubbles popping all over his arms and chest. Zeke slowly pulled his burned hand out and held both hands up in the air. Ink didn't come any closer and his eyes glowed brighter. "...So what? Am I supposed to fall for this wounded lamb routine? You've got injuries, I don't know how you got em, and I don't give two quarters of a shit either. I know how tough you are. You could have stopped me before I'd even come CLOSE to laying a hand on you. Why didn't you, huh? Why DIDN'T YOU?!"

<"...i lowered my guard hoping we could talk."> Zeke glanced from side to side. <"...i'd be happy to explain what i can Damian, but not like this, not here. Not in front of strangers.>"

"Yeah, no strangers...more like no witnesses. You came here to kill me!"

<"No! No....I...I never desired that. On Bob's word, I swear to you. I did not come here intentionally. The same ill wind that drew you all ensnared me as well. I promise you, Damian."> Ink listened, huffed, and stretched his arm out once more, this time wrapping his hand around Zeke's throat. His brother did not seem to resist or pull at Ink's hand. "Why?? Why aren't you fighting back??"

<"...i will not raise a hand against you. not unless you leave me no choice. if you wish to hurt me then so be it."> Zeke shot back and his eyes dimmed to an even yellow. Ink tightened his grip and the cracking of ice continued to spread across the length of Zeke's throat. Ink's bottom lip trembled and the ground underneath him was no more than a black oil slick. "...." When it became clear that Zeke wasn't going to fight back, Ink pulled his hand back, digging his claws in as the hand retracted, leaving gouges in his brother's neck. Ones that would heal in seconds, of course, but the intent was all the same.

'I hate you.'

Ink huffed, his shoulders slacked, and he turned away cupping a hand over his mouth. Zeke stayed where he was on the ground, attempting to collect himself before he slowly rose back up, his footing unsteady as he went. He didn't know what to say or do. The very same problem that'd encapsulated his feelings towards his violent sibling.

Ink wanted nothing more than to just beat his brother to a pulp. Uncaring of the handful of strangers, none of whom likely had the slightest clue of beef between the two or their connection. What kind of cruel joke was Bob or anyone else playing on him to allow this...this act of pure unadulterated scorn? The very same sibling that'd been about to kill him in cold blood was now here? With some kind of pitiful 'i just want to talk routine?' It tore at his mind like so many ants digging at their prey's weakspots. He bit down on the side of his palm with his fangs and didn't face the others as they presumably continued on their way inside the manor. He'd not respond if anybody called out to him, his brother or otherwise.

<"please. go on ahead. my brother and I will catch up."> Zeke called out, his voice sounding fainter. <"...i once again apologize for the disturbance.">

Familial problems always had a bad habit of getting.... painful.

Wednesday stared slightly wide eyed, half turned towards the brothers from her pause at the front doors with her fist raised to knock.

"....Why didn't you two get that out of the way at the war table?"
She asked, sounding genuinely surprised, maybe the first real emotion in her voice the group had heard.

Before either of them got a chance to answer, the door she was standing before swung open of its own accord.

Standing in the opening was another member of the undead, a flesh eating monster a zombie not unlike the eternals that had threatened to end their planeswalking journey right as it had begun...

... dressed in a butler's outfit, and bowing. It was more... wet than the eternals. Its flesh was unmuffified, if clearly decayed. Thankfully, none of the stench of death it had suffered wafted from it, and it rose from its bow to gesture inside with its hand. This seemed to surprise Wednesday less than the sudden brotherly violence, merely regarding the servant with interest as she strode inside.

The foyer was... dark. Not in lighting; the sun shone through the windows, and a few candelabras hung from the walls, giving some more warmth and light to the room. But the walls were dark grey, and the railings on the stairways that flanked either side of the grand entrance were stained pitch black.

"Hrm"

She wasn't afraid to admit she was surprised to find the decor so amenable.

Another door, this one at the top of the stairs, swung open, another undead servant shuffling out and bowing, gesturing further in

Outside, Corrin made a face as her and Terra rounded the corner of the street the manor was on as she saw the pile of dead without.

"Eugh. I guess its a good thing that our teacher could do that but...."

"....Why didn't you two get that out of the way at the war table?" She asked, sounding genuinely surprised, maybe the first real emotion in her voice the group had heard.

"I didn't know he was there!"

Both brothers practically yelled.

Well, yelled in the metaphorical sense for one of them.

Zeke still hadn't gotten up from where he'd been knocked down. <"Damian...I promise that when we're alone I can expla-">

Ink turned and squatted down, getting eye to eye with his brother.

"Damian nothin. If you think I buy that you ending up here was just another happy little accident? You've got another fuckin thing coming, Zeke. If you so much as even LOOK at me funny, I'm going for you. And I don't give a damn who or what gets in my way." Grabbing his brother's collar, he yanked him in nice and close. Allowing him to smell the gasoline and rotting meat stench flowing through and under Ink's fangs. "You stay as far away from me as humanely possible. You got that?"

There was no answer at first.

Ink's eyes lit up and the ground beneath both brothers was consumed by an evergrowing puddle of oil.

<"....yes, i understand.">

Ink scowled and let go, roughly shoving Zeke back towards the ground. The puddle dissipating under him. "Good." Sparing a glance over at the dozens of corpses scattered around the property, Ink began to walk off towards them, gnashing his teeth as he went. Zeke turned his head away in disgust of what was going to come next.

Outside, Corrin made a face as her and Terra rounded the corner of the street the manor was on as she saw the pile of dead without.

By this point, Zeke had stood up and brushed himself off. The crack that Ink had caused in the ice covering his chest wound had vanished. Slower than Zeke would have preferred but given the extent of his injuries, he supposed it was understandable. He'd catch up with the others as he said he would. But not before his brother went in first. Better to keep an eye on him and all.

Looking over and seeing the two stragglers, Zeke gave a friendly enough wave.

<"Greetings madame Corrin and Tera.">

No reason at all not to be polite.

It also, hopefully, served as a distraction to the horror show going on around the vicinity of the gates. Ink had spread his oil across a handful of the corpses, just absolutely coating them in the stuff and their bodies crumpled and creaked as the oil subsumed them. There would be nothing left but wet splotches from where the oil had spread itself wide to coat the bodies. It was a behavior that Zeke was all too familiar with. Whenever his brother was frustrated or couldn't get his way, he'd take it out on anything else in the vicinity. In most cases that might have been a soldier or researcher that happened to cross his path or civilians who'd spotted him. At least these were were just corpses.

Once the bodies had vanished entirely within the oil, it began to writhe and spread across the ground back to Ink.

<"feel better now that you've eaten?">

"Nope. Fuck off." Ink snarled as he gave Zeke another sharp shove and moved in to follow the others. He'd liked the look of that guy who'd answered the door. Almost like he'd seen someone like it before...

Wiping the oil stains off his jacket, Zeke resumed chatting to the two ladies. <"Shall we?">

Blahhhhhhh
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

l1PgFzH.png

Massive family drama...........ew. She'd already had more than enough of that in her life, she sure didn't want to insert herself into any more if she could help it. Particularly with people(?) that she hardly knew anything about....even if she could kind of sympathize with terrible family situations. Cinder just did her best to tune out the aggressive arguing, cursing and shouting as best she could. Better that than actually stepping in. Like, with her fiery temper and those two guys with their....conditions...recipe for disaster waiting to happen as far as she was concerned. Even if it didn't turn out like that, rather the opposite...she wasn't overly fond of that imagined outcome either. She'd go for a supportive pat on the back and come back with a hand smothered in sticky oil!!!​

"....Why didn't you two get that out of the way at the war table?" She asked, sounding genuinely surprised, maybe the first real emotion in her voice the group had heard.

"I know, right??" Cinder did not even attempt to hide her own surprise, that she was agreeing with any sentiment that came out of this girl's mouth.​

Before either of them got a chance to answer, the door she was standing before swung open of its own accord.

Standing in the opening was another member of the undead, a flesh eating monster a zombie not unlike the eternals that had threatened to end their planeswalking journey right as it had begun...

... dressed in a butler's outfit, and bowing. It was more... wet than the eternals. Its flesh was unmuffified, if clearly decayed. Thankfully, none of the stench of death it had suffered wafted from it, and it rose from its bow to gesture inside with its hand. This seemed to surprise Wednesday less than the sudden brotherly violence, merely regarding the servant with interest as she strode inside.

The foyer was... dark. Not in lighting; the sun shone through the windows, and a few candelabras hung from the walls, giving some more warmth and light to the room. But the walls were dark grey, and the railings on the stairways that flanked either side of the grand entrance were stained pitch black.

".......Yikes." What was with this place and crazy weird stuff, why couldn't this guy just have a regular butler?? Was it absolutely necessary to force something dead into this job? Surely someone alive would have been cool with taking this gig. Well, whatever, this guy's hiring practices wasn't why she was even here. She followed right after Wednesday, and in complete contrast to the seeming approval from the goth girl, she was looking at the decor with disgust.​

Outside, Corrin made a face as her and Tera rounded the corner of the street the manor was on as she saw the pile of dead without.

She was silent for a couple moments, gaze quickly taking in the pile of dead and doing some swift estimation... "Hmph." She commented. "I'm certain I killed more of the horde than that. You too, by my tally. This is not that impressive. Even so, indeed, a good sign." Tera nodded in agreement with Corrin.​

By this point, Zeke had stood up and brushed himself off. The crack that Ink had caused in the ice covering his chest wound had vanished. Slower than Zeke would have preferred but given the extent of his injuries, he supposed it was understandable. He'd catch up with the others as he said he would. But not before his brother went in first. Better to keep an eye on him and all.

Looking over and seeing the two stragglers, Zeke gave a friendly enough wave.

<"Greetings madame Corrin and Tera.">

No reason at all not to be polite.

"Hello again." She replied, polite if not cordial. It was a more automatic response, drilled into her by her youth on her homeworld rather than a conscious choice, given that her attention was almost wholly focused on what was going on around Zeke rather than Zeke himself.​

It also, hopefully, served as a distraction to the horror show going on around the vicinity of the gates. Ink had spread his oil across a handful of the corpses, just absolutely coating them in the stuff and their bodies crumpled and creaked as the oil subsumed them. There would be nothing left but wet splotches from where the oil had spread itself wide to coat the bodies. It was a behavior that Zeke was all too familiar with. Whenever his brother was frustrated or couldn't get his way, he'd take it out on anything else in the vicinity. In most cases that might have been a soldier or researcher that happened to cross his path or civilians who'd spotted him. At least these were were just corpses.

Once the bodies had vanished entirely within the oil, it began to writhe and spread across the ground back to Ink.

It did not. Her face might as well have been carved from marble, with how little her expression changed as she witnessed that, but behind the stony facade she was quite revolted. "What a repugnant display." She whispered under her breath, not sure that even Corrin next to her had heard her say it. Even when she had been serving as the Emperor's enforcer, she had not done anything as disgustingly unnecessary as that. Kill people, certainly, but there was no need to mutilate corpses...or feed upon them. Her opinion of this Black Ink was getting lower and lower nearly every time she saw him.​

"Nope. Fuck off." Ink snarled as he gave Zeke another sharp shove and moved in to follow the others. He'd liked the look of that guy who'd answered the door. Almost like he'd seen someone like it before...

Wiping the oil stains off his jacket, Zeke resumed chatting to the two ladies. <"Shall we?">

Before he could fully get in, she tilted her head slightly with a quick thought before she tried it, waving her hand and once again whispering. "You will be on your best behavior." Tera lowered her hand, a significant part of her curious if his will was weak enough for that mind trick to work...or if she could even properly perform mind tricks here, with her weakened connection to the force. Only one way to find out.

Her stare drifted over to Zeke after that was done. "Is he going to be a problem?" She questioned. "It seems you have...quite some history."

His reply to Cinder was as curt as it was brief, "It was a god, made a puppet in the dragon's army. A shadow of itself... I am glad it's put to rest."

"I don't think it a particularly pessimistic view to question the sanity of someone who threw themselves directly into a test of strength with a twenty story zombie snake monstrosity's mouth" Wednesday answered, level as ever. She pointedly ignored any followup questions to that, and ten minutes or so later they found themselves at their destination.

On the subject of Corrin's actions during the battle with Rhonas, Kratos had little to say beyond the surface level of the details. "I avoid joining myself to a cause, unless I am forced. It is too easy to criticize choices made during combat and easier yet the person. I have no place to do so; she isn't my child. I can only commend those doing what they believe is right."

Within reason.

As to the architecture of the grounds ahead of them, their style was something new to Kratos, though not entirely foreign to him as he'd seen plenty of sights amidst his stroll to here through the city. Even in spite of the damage from the war of merely hours ago. His time spent in the nine realms compounded with the cities of his origin left him with a meager appreciation for the arts that he rarely was ever able to express.

The brickwork and the meticulous upkeep of the grounds was something he could appreciate, in both its practicality and appearances.

"..." Cinder just let her incredibly judgmental stare speak for itself, not bothering to waste any more words for this girl that she was pretty sure she did not like. At all. Of course there was someone like this among the few that ended up like her, stranded on this unknown world. Plane. Whatever. That was just her luck. She crossed her arms and remained silent the whole way, her thoughts racing with the many many things she could have said, and some of the choicier ones did bring a hint of a smile to her face despite her fuming. She could only imagine what would have happened if she'd said them. Probably a fight. She could practically see the reactions of her team now, if she told them that not long after managing to beat some horned bastard in the toughest fight of her life, that she'd picked another fight with some rude, tiny girl.

Hazel would have that faint disapproval probably, shaking his head. Tyrian, oh he'd just be laughing his butt off and enjoying the retelling...and their team leader, oh she could almost hear his flat "how on brand for you" before he turned away to focus on something else. Yet even that thought had her frowning and crossing her arms a little tighter. Part of her wished they were here.

By the time they got to where they were going, the frown was long gone. Her eyes shot from left to right as she took in all the bodies that littered the ground right before the place, with her immediate reaction being a whispered "wow..." Somebody had gone ham here, no kidding. I wouldn't want to get on their bad side Cinder thought as she followed after the smaller girl.​

Throw the punch, you little pissant.

Wednesday stared slightly wide eyed, half turned towards the brothers from her pause at the front doors with her fist raised to knock.

"Hrm"

She wasn't afraid to admit she was surprised to find the decor so amenable.

Another door, this one at the top of the stairs, swung open, another undead servant shuffling out and bowing, gesturing further in

"Agreed." Kratos delivered, his baritone emphasized heavily by the undercurrent of annoyance as he bore witness to the squabbling between the tar-ridden agent of death and the glacial operative.

In a melancholic way, it reminded him of a similar affair of long ago. Between himself and his brother, Deimos. Deimos had been taken by the God of Death, Thanatos, following his kidnapping at the hands of Athena and Ares as the Gods of Olympus were frightened by the foretelling of a Spartan that would bring their end.

Naturally, they'd taken the wrong child. More pertinently, in that moment, they'd taken his brother. Kratos believed him to be dead and in time, found himself in servitude to the gods. It was in short order he'd come to discover Deimos corrupted, bent to the whims of Thanatos, with delusions planted in his mind that Kratos had betrayed him. It was only an eventful exchange of blood and flesh that he was able to convince Deimos otherwise and bring down Thanatos.

It came at the cost of his brother's life and he was never able to fully ameliorate the misgivings both brothers bore and endured all those years. They had been robbed of that opportunity.

The stories never had a happy ending for the Ghost of Sparta after all. In a way, it was all too easy for him to sympathize with both brothers. The difference was, Deimos was an innocent corrupted into an agent for evil; it was only when he broke free and had the will and wherewithal to make his choices he elected otherwise. Who knows what choices he could've made from that point forward.

Kratos only knew that he was nothing like Ink in that moment, however.

That said, the butler drew Kratos's gaze and while he was nigh impossible to unsettle, there was just the ever slightest lift in one brow as he noted the attire the zombie was adorned in. It was truly unusual and he kept having this simple fact emphasized about Ravinica.

Otherwise, he was indifferent to the decor inside and its inhabitants thus far... However, before he presumably took the lead or followed after Wednesday, he delivered a pointed glance to Zeke regarding Ink.

She was silent for a couple moments, gaze quickly taking in the pile of dead and doing some swift estimation... "Hmph." She commented. "I'm certain I killed more of the horde than that. You too, by my tally. This is not that impressive. Even so, indeed, a good sign." Tera nodded in agreement with Corrin.

"Hello again." She replied, polite if not cordial. It was a more automatic response, drilled into her by her youth on her homeworld rather than a conscious choice, given that her attention was almost wholly focused on what was going on around Zeke rather than Zeke himself.

It did not. Her face might as well have been carved from marble, with how little her expression changed as she witnessed that, but behind the stony facade she was quite revolted. "What a repugnant display." She whispered under her breath, not sure that even Corrin next to her had heard her say it. Even when she had been serving as the Emperor's enforcer, she had not done anything as disgustingly unnecessary as that. Kill people, certainly, but there was no need to mutilate corpses...or feed upon them. Her opinion of this Black Ink was getting lower and lower nearly every time she saw him.

Before he could fully get in, she tilted her head slightly with a quick thought before she tried it, waving her hand and once again whispering. "You will be on your best behavior." Tera lowered her hand, a significant part of her curious if his will was weak enough for that mind trick to work...or if she could even properly perform mind tricks here, with her weakened connection to the force. Only one way to find out.

Her stare drifted over to Zeke after that was done. "Is he going to be a problem?" She questioned. "It seems you have...quite some history."
1679120375185.png

"If he is, I will do something. I recognize portents when they present themselves."

The heavyhanded warning delivered, he strolled forward the second undead servant who'd bidden them forth.

Corrin trailed behind the others, her eyes lingering on the lazurite coating left behind from Ink's... feeding, something about it clearly not sitting well with her; the doorman garnered a similar stare a she kept up with the line.

"I was wondering if they were going to make us wait for the first one to shamble up to the next door. Efficient. Bit gaudy to have one on every door though." Wednesday commented, a glance to the side catching one of the first floor doors creaking opening slightly as another undead head poked its way around to watch the guests. She made her way up the stairs and into through the doorway, paying the servant no more mind now that her initial surprise had worn off.

They found their teacher in another room at the end of the hall; it opened to a study, large for a room of its purpose, with a stately, gothic desk that had larged stained glass windows looming behind it, a night sky done up in blues and purples and greys, with tiny pricks of yellow for the stars. Their teacher was not at the desk, Nor in the chair in front of it.

He was lying atop a couch that took up one side of the room, one arm dangling off the side while the other pinched at the bridge of his nose, blue light trickling out of the sides of his closed eyes and a bit of blood leaking out the side of one ear.

"Planeswalking rule one; don't get in a pissing match with one of the universe's most powerful telepaths."

He groaned as he sat up and slapped his cheeks a few times, each slap spraying a bit more light from his eyes perfume from a spray bottle, till he finally opened his eyes and regarded them.

His clothes were clearly well made; a silk cloak over well fitted slacks and a dress shirt in colors that matched the house's decor. His skin was lightly tanned, his face sharp and strong angles with a thin mustache that he wore better than most, his hair slicked backwards at a rakish angle. He looked over the motley assortment that filed in, Corrin waiting out in the hall to save space, and hummed.

"So. You're all the new blood I'm meant to babysit. Delightful." he stood up and gave them an exaggerated bow. "Davriel Cane, at your service."

Last edited:

Ink came to a stop.

His nose twitched; his ears wiggled.

Then he snarled and shook his head with such fervor you'd think he was a wet dog. Clasping one hand on the right side of his head, he growled and kept on walking. "Grrrr...." He wasn't sure what exactly had happened or what that feeling had been, but he didn't like it. It made his hair stand on end. If he had to give any kind of description to it, it was like having goosebumps across the surface of his brain. He patted his palm against his head as though he were trying to rattle something out of his head.

<"No..I apologize for his behavior. I am his brother."> Zeke explained as he finally finished wiping any smudges of oil left off his jacket.

<"...Not by blood though I figure that to be obvious. But by time shared if nothing else. There's a reason he treats me with such open contempt. Before we ended up in this misadventure, he believed me to have been trying to kill him.">

"If he is, I will do something. I recognize portents when they present themselves."

The heavyhanded warning delivered, he strolled forward the second undead servant who'd bidden them forth.

Before Zeke could attempt to try and elaborate further, he grew deathly still as Kratos chimed in.

Then said nothing until the god had made his exit.

<"...to have annoyed even a god. Agh."> The elemental shook his head. <"...He will not a problem any further.">

"I was wondering if they were going to make us wait for the first one to shamble up to the next door. Efficient. A bit gaudy to have one on every door though." Wednesday commented, a glance to the side catching one of the first floor doors creaking opening slightly as another undead head poked its way around to watch the guests. She made her way up the stairs and into through the doorway, paying the servant no more mind now that her initial surprise had worn off.

They found their teacher in another room at the end of the hall; it opened to a study, large for a room of its purpose, with a stately, gothic desk that had larged stained glass windows looming behind it, a night sky done up in blues and purples and greys, with tiny pricks of yellow for the stars. Their teacher was not at the desk, Nor in the chair in front of it.

Ink walked along with a stride full of self-assuredness if nothing else. He'd eaten and despite what he'd told his brother, it had calmed him down a little. Eating always tended to alleviate his mood whenever it got sour. Still didn't really conquer the whole 'your brother who was two second away from murdering you just reappeared.' but what would? He didn't ask to be dumped here and he sure as hell didn't ask for that two faced mouthless bastard to get chucked in right beside him.

Still, he liked the staff this place had on hand. Having been involved in a localized zombie apocalypse started by his biological father (who Ink did and still had no idea was the mastermind behind it all) seeing zombies like this gave him a warm feeling of home. He didn't much care for the decor of the place though. He liked how his room looked back on base. Dozens of heavy metal and gothic posters just smattering his walls, a sound system he'd stolen (not that he had to but he felt like it) and a old 1990s big box TV.

Zeke by contrast was disgusted. Seeing the use of the corpses as vile and a mockery of the gift of life. These bodies belonged to people who had their own lives, their own stories to tell. Now they were being puppeted by forces beyond their control. It did not sit well with him.

He was lying atop a couch that took up one side of the room, one arm dangling off the side while the other pinched at the bridge of his nose, blue light trickling out of the sides of his closed eyes and a bit of blood leaking out the side of one ear.

"Planeswalking rule one; don't get in a pissing match with one of the universe's most powerful telepaths."

"Mentals..." Ink growled under his breath, while still patting at his head. What had that strange feeling been all about??
He groaned as he sat up and slapped his cheeks a few times, each slap spraying a bit more light from his eyes perfume from a spray bottle, till he finally opened his eyes and regarded them.

His clothes were clearly well made; a silk cloak over well fitted slacks and a dress shirt in colors that matched the house's decor. His skin was lightly tanned, his face sharp and strong angles with a thin mustache that he wore better than most, his hair slicked backwards at a rakish angle. He looked over the motley assortment that filed in, Corrin waiting out in the hall to save space, and hummed.

"So. You're all the new blood I'm meant to babysit. Delightful." he stood up and gave them an exaggerated bow. "Davriel Cane, at your service."

Keeping his burned hand in his pocket and away from prying eyes, Zeke took the first step towards their host/teacher. Better to try and leave a good first impression than none at all. He held his good hand out towards the planeswalker, his eyes lit up like ornaments.

<"Although the circumstances bringing myself and the others were not ideal, if Monsieur Jace saw fit for us to meet you, I shall treat you with the same respect I showed him. It is a pleasure, Monsieur Cane.">

Zeke then nodded his head back at the hallway where one of the undead servants had lead them.

<"Your planeswalker abilities...They are behind those walking corpses, no?">

Ink then decided to chime in, annoyed at seeing Zeke trying to make small talk. "teacher's pet..."

"Hey, my guy, just so you know I did you a solid out there. Cleared out all the dead blockin the way to your house." Ink made an 'OK' sign with his right hand and held it out. "Free of charge too."

His reply to Cinder was as curt as it was brief, "It was a god, made a puppet in the dragon's army. A shadow of itself... I am glad it's put to rest."

"Whooooooooooooooooa. So cool............."

"Good enough for me."

<"No..I apologize for his behavior. I am his brother."> Zeke explained as he finally finished wiping any smudges of oil left off his jacket.

<"...Not by blood though I figure that to be obvious. But by time shared if nothing else. There's a reason he treats me with such open contempt. Before we ended up in this misadventure, he believed me to have been trying to kill him.">

"Ah. Well, what is life without a little attempted fratricide between brothers?" She sarcastically commented before continuing more seriously with: "Perhaps you should try a little harder to rein him in? Just a thought."

<"...to have annoyed even a god. Agh."> The elemental shook his head. <"...He will not a problem any further.">

"We shall see."

"Dude, those are wicked windows..." Cinder was eyeing the cool artistic glass panes more than their so called babysitter, even as she listened to what he said. It took a few seconds before she tore her gaze away from them to give the guy a look over. He looked like an Atlas type to her. "Hey man, we're not babies! We don't need babysitting. Just some, er...training."

Tera, for her part, just glanced backwards as the dragon warrior hung back...but didn't say anything. She let her have her space, and besides, it was really cramped in this room with all of them. Especially the larger, more built ones like Kratos. "Hello. I'm Tera." She greeted back. "Ignore the child."

"Hey!"

She pointedly ignored that interjection from Cinder.​

Keeping his burned hand in his pocket and away from prying eyes, Zeke took the first step towards their host/teacher. Better to try and leave a good first impression than none at all. He held his good hand out towards the planeswalker, his eyes lit up like ornaments.

<"Although the circumstances bringing myself and the others were not ideal, if Monsieur Jace saw fit for us to meet you, I shall treat you with the same respect I showed him. It is a pleasure, Monsieur Cane.">

Zeke then nodded his head back at the hallway where one of the undead servants had lead them.

"The corpse servants are hardly the most pressing question, don't you think?"

"Hey, my guy, just so you know I did you a solid out there. Cleared out all the dead blockin the way to your house." Ink made an 'OK' sign with his right hand and held it out. "Free of charge too."

Cinder just snorted at that. "Yeah, sureeeeeeeeeee. You did everyone a favor with that gross as hell stuff." She shook her head.​

Last edited:
Ink came to a stop.

His nose twitched; his ears wiggled.

Then he snarled and shook his head with such fervor you'd think he was a wet dog. Clasping one hand on the right side of his head, he growled and kept on walking. "Grrrr...." He wasn't sure what exactly had happened or what that feeling had been, but he didn't like it. It made his hair stand on end. If he had to give any kind of description to it, it was like having goosebumps across the surface of his brain. He patted his palm against his head as though he were trying to rattle something out of his head.

Before Zeke could attempt to try and elaborate further, he grew deathly still as Kratos chimed in.

Then said nothing until the god had made his exit.

Ink walked along with a stride full of self-assuredness if nothing else. He'd eaten and despite what he'd told his brother, it had calmed him down a little. Eating always tended to alleviate his mood whenever it got sour. Still didn't really conquer the whole 'your brother who was two second away from murdering you just reappeared.' but what would? He didn't ask to be dumped here and he sure as hell didn't ask for that two faced mouthless bastard to get chucked in right beside him.

Still, he liked the staff this place had on hand. Having been involved in a localized zombie apocalypse started by his biological father (who Ink did and still had no idea was the mastermind behind it all) seeing zombies like this gave him a warm feeling of home. He didn't much care for the decor of the place though. He liked how his room looked back on base. Dozens of heavy metal and gothic posters just smattering his walls, a sound system he'd stolen (not that he had to but he felt like it) and a old 1990s big box TV.

Zeke by contrast was disgusted. Seeing the use of the corpses as vile and a mockery of the gift of life. These bodies belonged to people who had their own lives, their own stories to tell. Now they were being puppeted by forces beyond their control. It did not sit well with him.

"Mentals..." Ink growled under his breath, while still patting at his head. What had that strange feeling been all about??

Ink then decided to chime in, annoyed at seeing Zeke trying to make small talk. "teacher's pet..."

Davriel gave Zeke's outstretched hand a pleasant smile while not at all moving to take it.

"Consider it shook; mentally. Not interested in early morning frostbite. and literal babes perhaps not, but insofar as the vast power arrayed at your fingertips you are but mewling cubs in the crib. Though, to my understanding from our mutual blue clad pain the ass, not all of you are exactly unused to that general feeling." he said with a roving glance over the group. "Most of you even. Except the short one."

"I make due."

"You know how to dress at least."
Davriel said breezily. "So, we can hop right to it, or... if anyone has any questions first, I suppose we can lead off with that."

"This used to be a person" Corrin's voice cut through sharp, her mouth curled into a frown as she stood a few paces back from the zombie manning the door, still bowed in wait for her to enter. Davriel arched an eyebrow.

"Yes, the ones that used to be other things tend to lack opposable thumbs. Makes the door thing a bit difficult."

When that didn't illicit anything but a glare from the dragon, he rolled his eyes.

"Great talk. Any useful questions?"

When that didn't illicit anything but a glare from the dragon, he rolled his eyes.

She glanced between Corrin and this Davriel in their brief chat. It was not the greatest start as far as first impressions went, with the dragon's concern about the nature of the dead servant, the acerbic response and the following glare/eye rolling. Tera cleared her throat in an attempt to get his attention."...You may not call it particularly useful, in the context of learning about this 'vast' power arrayed at our fingertips, but I do have a question, if you'll indulge me. Something I want to know more about. Sorin Markov, do you know him? What is he like?"

"The corpse servants are hardly the most pressing question, don't you think?"

<"Perhaps not, but color me a bit curious. Where I come from, the dead walking is quite...unusual.">

Cinder just snorted at that. "Yeah, sureeeeeeeeeee. You did everyone a favor with that gross as hell stuff." She shook her head.

Ink snorted.

They called it gross, he called it a free meal.

"Yes, the ones that used to be other things tend to lack opposable thumbs. Makes the door thing a bit difficult."

Ink's eyes lit up. "Yeah, I've got a question-"

Zeke retracted his hand and placed it against Ink's chest as his brother approached.

<"Damian.">

"Ink. It's Ink. To you. To everyone."

<"The business between us aside, you've already made a nuisance of yourself twice. I'll not let you perform a hat trick."> Zeke warned, his thought speak singled in so only his brother could hear it. Ink blinked and shifted uncomfortably.

"What? Are you threatening me?"

<"...Just think carefully about what you say and how you say it. Like it or not we are guests in this man's home. Making enemies out of everyone and everything solves nothing. That's all."> Ink slapped his brother's hand away and stepped back, trembling slightly, a cool patch of ice frozen across his chest where Zeke had placed his hand. Ink sniffled and then looked over at Davriel. "Look, I'm with them." Ink thumbed to the gathered crowd at large. "But I'm not OF them. We just all happened to fall into this shitheap at the same time. But you're based here, you've got a whole mansion run by corpses. What would I have to do if i wanted to stay here? What if I wanna learn how to use these planeswalker powers and make a name for myself here? Who do I talk to? Where could I go?"

<"D-Ink. We are strangers in a strange land, here. Anomalies at best. This is not our home to claim.">

"sure beats going back with you." Ink shot back, gripping and ripping the chunk of ice off his person.

Zeke didn't say anything but the way his shoulders slumped show his brother's words had struck a nerve.

She glanced between Corrin and this Davriel in their brief chat. It was not the greatest start as far as first impressions went, with the dragon's concern about the nature of the dead servant, the acerbic response and the following glare/eye rolling. Tera cleared her throat in an attempt to get his attention."...You may not call it particularly useful, in the context of learning about this 'vast' power arrayed at our fingertips, but I do have a question, if you'll indulge me. Something I want to know more about. Sorin Markov, do you know him? What is he like?"
Davriel gave the dragon a side eye before he turned to Tera and gave a shrug of the shoulder.

"Not sure how much you already know, honestly. I know him in the same way that you know a country's king, or your city's mayor. Hopefully one of those two examples sticks."
He raised a hand and started counting off fingers "He has a vested interest in Innistrad's continued existence. Willing to fight against foes that threaten the multiverse. Holds centuries long grudges, sometimes petty ones. His father and grandfather were bloodthirsty monsters, like most of innistrad's vampires. Vampires that are still very much the dominant force on the plane. Occasionally the stupid ones still poke around my manor thinking I'm just some uppity cattle who's forgetten its place against his orders otherwise. Bit of a mixed bag."

<"Perhaps not, but color me a bit curious. Where I come from, the dead walking is quite...unusual.">

Ink snorted.

They called it gross, he called it a free meal.

Ink's eyes lit up. "Yeah, I've got a question-"

Zeke retracted his hand and placed it against Ink's chest as his brother approached.

<"Damian.">

"Ink. It's Ink. To you. To everyone."

<"The business between us aside, you've already made a nuisance of yourself twice. I'll not let you perform a hat trick."> Zeke warned, his thought speak singled in so only his brother could hear it. Ink blinked and shifted uncomfortably.

"What? Are you threatening me?"

<"...Just think carefully about what you say and how you say it. Like it or not we are guests in this man's home. Making enemies out of everyone and everything solves nothing. That's all."> Ink slapped his brother's hand away and stepped back, trembling slightly, a cool patch of ice frozen across his chest where Zeke had placed his hand. Ink sniffled and then looked over at Davriel. "Look, I'm with them." Ink thumbed to the gathered crowd at large. "But I'm not OF them. We just all happened to fall into this shitheap at the same time. But you're based here, you've got a whole mansion run by corpses. What would I have to do if i wanted to stay here? What if I wanna learn how to use these planeswalker powers and make a name for myself here? Who do I talk to? Where could I go?"

<"D-Ink. We are strangers in a strange land, here. Anomalies at best. This is not our home to claim.">

"sure beats going back with you." Ink shot back, gripping and ripping the chunk of ice off his person.

Zeke didn't say anything but the way his shoulders slumped show his brother's words had struck a nerve.
Davriel squinted at Ink, bemused. "Like... in my house? You can't. If you mean in Ravnica in general, well, thats your perogative. Its a city, go get a job and rent a place or something, after I've done my little teaching bit."

Davriel gave the dragon a side eye before he turned to Tera and gave a shrug of the shoulder.

"Not sure how much you already know, honestly. I know him in the same way that you know a country's king, or your city's mayor. Hopefully one of those two examples sticks." He raised a hand and started counting off fingers "He has a vested interest in Innistrad's continued existence. Willing to fight against foes that threaten the multiverse. Holds centuries long grudges, sometimes petty ones. His father and grandfather were bloodthirsty monsters, like most of innistrad's vampires. Vampires that are still very much the dominant force on the plane. Occasionally the stupid ones still poke around my manor thinking I'm just some uppity cattle who's forgetten its place against his orders otherwise. Bit of a mixed bag."

"A descendant of bloodthirsty, grudgeful monsters..." She restrained the urge to dryly laugh at that. It was uncanny how fitting that was. She'd been raised on stories about how vicious her grandfather had been in his prime, not to mention tales of others even further back. She could only imagine the ruthlessness of the earliest Markovs, a millennia ago. Ones that grew up when their god emperor was far more involved in the daily affairs of the burgeoning culture. There was a reason their family name was so respected and so feared on their homeworld. A reputation she herself had spent too long further cultivating. But yet, like the her of today, it seemed this man was inclined to fight for the greater good. A mixed bag? Yes, that seemed like it was putting it mildly.

"I see. Thank you for that." Tera replied, with a polite bow of her head. She fell silent afterwards, that was all she wished to know before they got right to what they came here for.​

Last edited:
"Well it sounds harsh when you put it like that. I'm sure he's fine." Davriel said with a flippant wave of his hand before he clapped it with the other. "Now; I was going to offer you all a day to rest considering we've just had a war and all, but you all look chipper enough, and this plain has coffee so I'm good to go; the faster we get this over with the faster we can all go anywhere else. Shall we start the lessons?"

"Fine with me" Wednsday answered

“Yes.”

“Oh hell yeah I’m ready, teach me how to jump across dimensions and laser beam monsters with my eyes.”

Davriel squinted at Ink, bemused. "Like... in my house? You can't. If you mean in Ravnica in general, well, thats your perogative. Its a city, go get a job and rent a place or something, after I've done my little teaching bit."

"...Huh."

Taken aback by that mildly straightforward answer, Ink sat back and folded his arms across his chest. His ears quirked up in thought.

Zeke didn't like the sound of Ink staying here all by himself, in an entirely new world. But this wasn't the time or place for anymore brotherly arguments. So, he'd have to let it go...for now.

<"Please, go on."> Zeke said giving a gracious nod towards Davriel.

"Well it sounds harsh when you put it like that. I'm sure he's fine." Davriel said with a flippant wave of his hand before he clapped it with the other. "Now; I was going to offer you all a day to rest considering we've just had a war and all, but you all look chipper enough, and this plain has coffee so I'm good to go; the faster we get this over with the faster we can all go anywhere else. Shall we start the lessons?"

"Fine with me" Wednsday answered

Kratos had been silent the entire time with Davriel the centre of his attention, eyes firmly fixed on the gothic debonair as he fielded questions irrelevant to their situation.

Or, rather, his situation. For the most part, he could sympathize with Tera when Davriel disseminated on Sorin. It was jarring to learn you may have descended from a line of otherwise superhuman entities bereft of their humanity. Monsters.

Perhaps Sorin was not like Zeus entirely but his lineage certainly sounded like it.

Hmm.

"I simply wish to learn walking the planes so I may return home, I will not take much of your time."

“Yes.”

“Oh hell yeah I’m ready, teach me how to jump across dimensions and laser beam monsters with my eyes.”

"Do not teach the child how to laser beam monsters, she is lacking in maturity."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back