• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hippu

Big Fast
The History
About 5 years ago, two neighboring kingdoms (Names to be decided) were in the middle of a two year long war when both kings fell ill and died within days of each other. With the deaths of their leaders, the cause of the war also died, but the coincidence of both their rulers dying and the close ages of their grandchildren was uncanny and murmurs were heard that the gods themselves had set this situation up. With their fathers dead, the heirs and their wives began to discuss the terms of a white peace, both hinting at a series of marriages that would intertwine their realms for a long time and found that they were of the same mind. It was quickly decided that their children would be promised to each other and married soon after they came of age. The eldest would only have the chance to meet once before they were to be married but the rest would have the chance to meet several more times before marriage such that the youngest would be very well acquainted before their time. In an act of cooperation to further solidify the decision and demonstrate their approval for what was to come, both of the new rulers paid a large team of workers from both of their kingdoms to build a large and luxurious estate on the border for the arranged meetings between their children.
The Details
Generally it's a loose idea I had for something simple to start with since it's been so long since I've been involved in roleplaying like this, and input from interested players would be very welcome. What I have decided is that there should be a 1:1 ratio of children between the royal families, and that they will be accompanied by a retinue of attendants, servants and protectors both noble and lowborn which are available for people to play as well. I am thinking that I will mostly be playing important NPCs. Complications and drama are expected, and I'd prefer that the relationships between characters develop organically. I don't want to do something too strict as far as writing and posting requirements and I want this to be fun so I'm leaning towards a casual atmosphere. CS thread will be made after some interest is gained.

Regarding the world, the exact tech level and features are not strictly defined but it is a pre-industrial society and magic and magical creatures exist, but they have some grounding and aren't so immensely powerful. Marriages are largely a means of securing the future, obtaining wealth and status but there is the hope that both parties will at least end up with a somewhat positive relationship. Friendships, love, hate and everything between can bloom here.

Please note your interest and any questions here. We will figure out further details together here as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back