Plagued by a Rose [concluded]

The princess had not considered herself to be in any danger there. Who would recognize her in the Yunakai Kingdom? There was no one that she could think of. She did not realize how easily wrong she could be. For that reason, her sights were set high on exploring the markets, and preferably alone. She eyed the group around her wondering how difficult it would be to slip away from them if only momentarily. She was trying her hardest not to show how excited she really was to be there. To be "freely" walking around outside was quite a change of pace for the girl.

Lanister's words of caution to the princess fell upon dead ears. The only message the girl retained were his words of affirmation, granting her request to look around the markets. Her attention had immediately drifted to a nearby stand when Lanister gently grabbed her wrists. She blushed as a cool, relaxing sensation spread through her wrists and the scuffs and bruises from the trip disappeared. Not only had the spell healed her wrists, but it had also been powerful enough to give the girl an overall refreshed feeling. Her body became relaxed and her eyes lifted upward to meet with the masked face before her. No man had ever made her feel quite so good before. It was a shame that he would eventually be against her.

A smile stretched across her lips as Lanister explained his finances. He would also be taking care of her expenses? This was going better than she had expected. She could not wait to get her hands on a wand and finally have control of her magical powers to escape, or at least she was hoping that it would be that easy. She did not realize that even with a medium skill would require great time and training. She wrapped her arm around the masked assassin's elbow and followed close beside him as he lead the way.

She quietly whispered to him, "I would rather handle our business without all of them." She nodded to the others around them, hoping Lanister would be wiling to get them alone while they sought out a proper medium for her to train to use magic with. The others likely needed certain things from the markets as well.

At Lanster's command, Haruka dutifully moved over to guard her master while he spoke to Cecile. She watched quietly as the two talked and Lanister melted the shackles. When the princess requested to explore the markets, Haruka could clearly see the eagerness in her eyes. She nodded slightly in agreement when Cecile suggested leaving the rest of the group behind. "It may be easier to get what you need if they aren't involved. But would it be wise to keep the Queen waiting?"

Kuvira gave a stern look towards her adviser everything was set, the feast being prepped as she stood and yet no visitors."doesn't seem like the king and queen takes this negotiation seriously." She said taking a seat on her throne. She didn't appreciate their absents nor did she need their trade. She given enough money and supplies to countries to worry about the rose kingdom.

"Maybe you should give them more time. Perhaps something came up?" Kuvira turned to him unfazed.
" That's way people arrive earlier than expected so this doesn't happen. I didn't have problem from any of the kingdoms but this one. They aren't leaving a good impression.... But I'll wait and hopefully they have a good excuse."

@Robyn Banks @Naomi Loriel @Enuky K

Lanister looked around. "It would be best we do this in private........ah! there is the place! "He said, pointing over to a small shop. As he walked inside. The shop was filled with magic potions, baubles, and other useful mediums......for a novice. Why did Lanister choose this place over all others? As this thought would (likely) pass through the princesses mind, he'd walk towards the 'young girl' at the shop, who was doodling at the table. "Well, hello there. "He said.

The young girl would look up, and speak in a small, childish tone. "Hi mister. Sorry, but my mommy and daddy are not here. They went out too-" She started to say. But was cut off by Lanister.

"Summer's rose.... "He said, cryptically.

The girl would stare for a moment, before a smile would break on her face. "Thus kindly I scatter. "She replied, in a much more mature tone. This woman was an affiliate of the Wilting Rose. She would then drop her hood, revealing two elven ears. Obviously, She was much older than she looked. "It has been a while, Lanister. I haven't seen you since you came for Miss Haruka's weapons. Tell me, to what do I owe the pleasure of dealing with my business partners?" She asked, rubbing her hands together to get rid of the leftover crayon. If one would look closely, they'd see scars and callouses on her palm and fingers, the clear sign of a smith.

Lanister would look towards the two. "This is Master Nephenee Miabanise, She is an Arcanist: A person who mixes the art of enchanting with forging, and crafter of some of the finest weapons and armor to grace this earth. She crafted my weapons, as well as Haruka's, and many other Wilting Rose's gear. Though not a member, she is a invaluable asset. Which reminds me -"He finally looked towards her. "I need a medium crafted." He asked her.

The woman would just laugh, as if this was some sort of game. "Since when have any of your number needed a medium for spells? Getting soft, what with the lack of kills coming in lately?"She asked, kicking her legs back in forth.

"They are not for any of mine. They are for her. "Lanister would hold his hand out towards Cecile.

The elven woman would stare at Cecile for a minute, her golden eyes scanning her as she would stand up from her chair, and walk closer. "You don't look very intimidating......"She said, as if she was insulting, before she would speak again. "But I see potential in you.....a fire that can forge blades......It is not often I see something like that in a person."She said, before looking at Lanister. "I will forge her weapon for free."

Lanister would look towards her, his face showing the telltale signs of shock. "You'll forge it for free?" He asked.

"I craft weapons for beginners, fools that have no right casting the higher art. "She said, with a tone of disgust. "-and I craft beautiful weapons, used to silence your enemies.......but for this young girl, I shall craft a Master-piece."She said, as she looked towards her. "Train yourself well, though. It will be some time before you can use it properly. Without any level of skill in the High art, you'll be unable to use it."

Almost as if by reaction, a letter would lightly fall from the ceiling. It was simple, but the seal.......it was melted silver, with a strange rose sign. However, if this was a sign warning of Assassination, then it would've bee a ring. Inside was simply a letter.

I apologize in advance for any tardiness, but I have urgent matters to attend too. Nevertheless, I shall be there soon, I only ask for time. We have a road ahead, and I must make sure that the person in my charge is not threatened. It will be good to finally meet the new queen of this realm. I hope this is a start of a very prosperous relationship. We've have been watching for quite a long time.

There was no signature on the letter......the only signature was a wilted rose petal, which was enough to clearly state who it was from.

For a moment Cecile hesitated to follow Lanister into the unusual shop; she worried about how the prince and his knights would react. To her surprise, however; the Bathelon ambassadors did not oppose as she and the assassins entered alone. They trusted the Wilting Rose to prevent any potential escape and thus waited outside the shop patiently. It was also true, perhaps, that they had felt a bit of pity for the girl and decided to allow her a brief amount of free time before reaching the palace.

Immediately as they entered the small and cluttered shop the girl began to examine the many things within it. She had read and memorized the recipes to many potions, but this was her very first time seeing real concoctions. Delicately, she began to lift each small vial and eye them as Lanister and the apparent child conversed.

"Summer's rose".

"Thus kindly I scatter".

She would have to remember these words. She then placed a small vial back down and approached the two as the child appeared to actually be an eleven woman. She listened eagerly as the elf woman spoke; she was ready to have her own magical tool. She then blushed when the woman mocked her need for a medium, and seemed to doubt that she had any need for magic at all. She was beginning to feel discouraged, but the elf quickly agreed to craft her a medium. Cecile's blue eyes widened in anticipation, "can't I have a wand?" she asked. She insisted on using a wand. She could not see the impractical flaws of a traditional magic wand, and it was the only medium she had any knowledge about.

She nodded to the elven arcanist, "thank you so much for seeing potential in me", she began, "I already know many spells, how hard can it be?" Cecile shrugged off its difficulties.

@Andraus

Six months had passed since Edwin was inducted into the Rose Kingdom Special Forces. It was then that he was informed of a shocking truth: that Princess Cecile--his princess-- could potentially be alive. The subjects and other ranks of the kingdom had previously been told that the princess was killed at the hands of Bathelon armies. The Special Forces were given the truth, and it was a sad truth indeed. Edwin was horrified to learn that King Thornton himself had ordered the Special Forces to end all pursuits of the princess. However, he obeyed such commands. Until, that is, he saw the face of the princess.

Edwin was visiting the Yunakai Kingdom on a surveillance mission. Every so often, the Special Forces sent a knight to the Yunakai with the task of observing the Kingdom's state. He was to report any indications that the plague was taking over this kingdom. It had become a simple and routine task to the knights, who were currently stationed in the Gallica Pass just north of the Yunakai Kingdom until further notice. Today had been a day much like many others. The Yunakai Kingdom was not suffering any more than it had the last time he visited. He had been preparing to take his leave when he saw Cecile's pale, soft face among an odd looking group of men and women.

The princess appeared frail and tired to the knight, and it made his blood boil. Hadn't they at least treated her properly? Her once long and luscious black locks were cut short, too. Now the knight quietly wandered the marketplace in near vicinity to the group. He would have to keep a close eye on these criminals. His objective was simple: he would rescue the princess, and keep her all for himself. She would make a fine bride for Edwin. She would be his little secret, and no one in the Rose Kingdom was searching for the princess. No one would ever know. Surely the princess would be happy with such a talented knight, thought Edwin.

Cecile, Haruka, and Lanister all entered the small shop while the others waited outside of it. Edwin continued to browse the marketplace while watching them. For now, he would only observe. He would take note of all who learn of the princess's existence; they would have to die.

Lucius waited outside the shop, going into his usual statue mode. The intimidating armor paired with the spear resting in his hand, nobody would enter the shop. Though he noticed that he felt observed. Someone was watching. Not like the normal people did. But with something plotted. Though he could not figure who it was. He would not speak about that, who cared for his opinion anyways. He was OK with just being there, though ignored by everyone he travelled with. At least no unnecessary small talk.

@Ami the breadling @Naomi Loriel

Lanister lifted up his head, his eyes darting towards outside. He felt watched, and that was the last thing he wanted to feel. He'd have to play it cool for now, but Lanister knew that leaving the princess alone was a bad idea. "Haruka, would you kindly wait outside? I suspect we will have company soon....."He asked, before turning towards the Arcanist. "If it's not too much to ask, I'd suggest we do this now."

The Elven woman would turn towards Cecile. "Listen, Rose princess... I understand that you may be eager to cast the higher art, but you must listen closely to one thing: Your father wanted power for the sake of having it, and look what it did to him. "She said, revealing that she knew who the princess was, but chose not to say anything. "In any event, a wand is too simple, too plain....it is something to do the job, nothing more. I 'hate' wands. But, I can craft you something that will allow you to channel your magic properly and fit you well.....A scepter for a Queen, a Staff for a mage. "She said, as she walked in.

She stepped into a room, that was littered with crafting materials, metals, and tomes.....as well as a
Summoning Circle. Nephenee would lift several metals into the air, as she summoned a.......Dragon head?! She would lower her hand as the dragon would roar, it's fires melting them together. As the head disappeared, She would cast her hand, as a Demon Forgemaster appeared, and began shaping the metal. The metal was soon taking shape, it's power growing......but it was missing something....

Nephenee would look towards a table, before picking up a single
Sapphire. She would hold it to her face, before she began whispering ancient words to it. Soon, the gem inside would glow with power, before she would fit the gem in the boiling metal. She would finally let her hands shoot out, as gouts of cold air would brush against the piece. Soon, all that would be left would be a single, Powerful Staff.

This was the true power of a Master Arcanist, a power that only a mage could wield.

Dante had copied Lucius, but she kept a close eye on the prince as he wandered about, taking in the bustling and lively city and comparing it to his own. He soon stopped this, only being further infuriated by the Rose Kingdom's refusal for aid with the plague. Selfish bastards. Eventually, he returned to the shop, leaning against the wall next to Dante. He didn't talk, but waited somewhat-patiently for the princess and her new 'pet' to return. He doubted Kuvira would be very happy with waiting, but there was nothing he could do at that moment to help it; Lanister's apprentice had already made clear the point that Yunakai's queen wouldn't be pleased if they took their sweet time, and had been nearly ignored.

When Dante looked up, bright green eyes scanning the crowd carefully, his gaze drifted to her left hand, searching for the sign language she had taught him after having the method of communication approved with the general of Bathelon's army; it was then required that every soldier learned it, although its main use was for undercover missions. In the pitch black of night, they would use the cries of different nocturnal animals and insects instead. Dante quietly moved her fingers and hand into different shapes, being sure that Lucius was watching through peripheral vision just like Lance.

-We're being watched.- As she signed this, her eyes remained on the crowd, alert as ever but not suspicious. Lance replied, his crossed arms hiding the movements easily.

-Should we act?-

-No,-
was Dante's quick reply. -Just wait, for now. No need to raise alarm.- Lance made not a sound, and didn't react, but Dante knew he agreed. She cast a quick glance into the shop, hoping Cecile and Lanister would hurry up. They were taking too long to get to this meeting.

Cecile watched in silent amazement as the elven smith forged her enchanted scepter. She grasped at the finished product and felt a surge of power run through her body upon contact. A wide grin formed at her lips as she eyed the device. Her expression became almost sinister when suddenly she gave the elf a polite bow, "thank you very much for this staff. I will use it wisely", she said.

She then straightened up and stared towards the doors to the shop. She glanced to Lanister and back to the elf, debating her next moves. Then an idea came to her. In a fast dart Cecile took off towards the door, "I know exactly what to do first!" she called back to them, cackling to herself as she pushed through the doors, slamming Haruka with the door and shoving her out of the way. "Sorry!" she said, running towards Lance. Stopping at the prince's feet she slammed her staff into the ground and called out, "amphibious metamorphous!"

A bright green stream of energy appeared, swirling around Prince Lance. Before Haruka, Lucius, or Dante could do anything about it the prince transformed into a toad. Cecile laughed out, grabbing up the toad in her hand. "Give me one good reason why I should let you live! What? What's that prince charming? Croak?" She was pinching the toad's sides and cackling in an evil way. Then she saw it.

For a split second the girl noticed a familiar face in the distance. Her attention focused on the background for a quick second, scanning the busy crowds once again for a face she recognized. The magical stream reappeared, swirling once again around the small toad. Cecile had lost control of her spell in her distraction. She turned back in surprise as the prince reemerged before them. She blushed, backing away, "I...I was only kidding...", she said. The girl did not have enough control of her powers to produce a long lasting spell. She glanced around once again for the face, but noticed no one. Deciding she must have imagined it, the girl turned back to the prince expectantly. "I didn't mean to...", she added in and unconvincing way, embarrassed by the failure of her magic.

Edwin's eyes widened in surprise as he witnessed the princess use magic. This will be more difficult than I thought, he thought to himself. Cecile would be even more difficult to control if she had control of magic. With that, the knight stepped into a neighboring shop and out of their view. He would catch up with the group later.

@Trombone Geek @Andraus

Last edited by a moderator:
Dante took a step away to watch the princess work her magic, feeling the power gather with her intent before her words were even said and deciding it was quite harmless. She watched as Lance was turned into.. a toad?! That had the 'mature' woman doubling over in laughter, seeing Lance try to hop away only to be snatched up and teased by Cecile. Before the half-elf could say that enough was enough, the princess got distracted and lost control of her spell.

When Lance reappeared, he was scowling, glaring at the princess coldly enough for the air around them to seemingly drop several degrees. It was a trait the boy had inherited from his father; it had helped Varudian win several negotiations with hostile countries when he demanded something. The prince didn't move to attack her, though. He only stepped away, leaning back against the wall.

"Do that again and I won't control myself," he growled, and he took some glee in the princess's blushing face. Dante had calmed down, but quietly clapped for the girl.

"Try to make it last longer, eh, princess?" she asked, grinning and not flinching when Lance's glare focused on her.

"Tch. You're all animals," he muttered, pushing off of the wall. "We should get going. Queen Kuvira is probably displeased with our tardiness." Without another word, he walked off into the crowd, towards the castle. Dante followed, unable to wipe the grin off of her face. Lance would never live that down!

...Although, she would have to teach the boy some counter-spells, if she could.

The princess's thin lips curved into a slight smirk as she watched the prince try to brush off what had happened. However, it quickly vanished as the prince spoke to her in a harsh and icy tone.

"Do that again and I won't control myself."

Cecile shuddered in thought, wondering how serious of a threat it could be. After all, the prince was the perfect target for her to practice on from her perspective. She knew the prince as well as Lucius were under strict "order" to protect her. She was comfortable with her situation now that she was free to walk about, and did not want to risk her freedoms being taken away. At least Dante had found humor in her actions. "Toad", she muttered under her breath to Lance as he brushed passed them and began his way through the streets.

At this point Lanister and Haruka approached the group, heading in the direction Lance went. Cecile looked guiltily away from Haruka, feeling somewhat bad for pushing her into the door. She followed closely after Lance to avoid speaking to her, clinging to her staff protectively. She was eager to test out more spells. The group had not traveled very far when Cecile began to feel exhausted by the activity. She became sluggish and irritable. At long last, however; they arrived at the Yunakai palace.

@Robyn Banks

adelaide-kane-reign-gif-wallpaper-2.jpg

As they made their way into the throne room. Kuvira rose to see her guest. She faked a warm smile, yet in actuality she was irritated. She scanned the group disappointed. No king and queen? They must not take me seriously but I will give them the benefit of the doubt... For now. "Welcome to Yunkai, I hope your travels were well." She said before looking at the group once more. "But if you don't mind me asking where the rulers of the rose kingdom so we can negotiate on this IMPORTANT matter?"

She let them speak before just nodding as if she understood. "You all must be hungry. I have prepared a feast. We can dicuss the trade soon after. Please follow me I will escort you there personally." Her raven, Lenore, still resting on the top of her throne. As she began to stroll out of the throne room, takIng a quick glance at lance and Cecile. She was very much aware that they knew about her madness. The best part of her in her opinion but no matter and the fact that she could be a bastard but it didn't matter. She still had the advantage and she was determined to use it. One way or another.

The banquet hall was lively. With a long table filled with various foods. People dancing. In actuality she throne a party. Just to show of the luxury of the kingdom. A tactic to show the neighboring kingdoms, what they could obtain with her aid. She turned to them gesturing.
"Please enjoy yourself." She said. She took a glance at her flight squadron already knowing that they will complete their task well enough.a group of young and beautiful women that are trained and polished by Kuvira herself. They are then sent to sleep with important noblemen and report back to their mistress about information. This includes, but is not limited to; secret meetings, changing written contracts, changing personal opinions, agreement, political interests. Though Kuvira made it clear that technically her Flying Squad are friends of hers and she doesn't trust any of them.

@Ami the breadling

Lanister walked ahead of the group, security reasons mainly. When the Young Ruler had shown them a glimpse of her power, Lanister had to admit, he was impressed. But it stood to reason that they could not back down or balk at this. Lanister would take off his mask, and bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you ma'am......My name is Lanister Xhast, I am a member of the Wilting Rose. This is my Apprentice Haruka. "He said, showing her his apprentice. He may be showing off, but Lanister had no shortage of pride in the child. Though they were not far apart in age, Lanister saw her, in many ways, as a daughter to him. He believed that, one day, she would succeed him.

"Allow me to introduce the young woman in our charge.......This is Lady Cecile, Princess of the Rose Kingdom. "He said. He showed her off mainly because of her staff. Nephenee Miabanise was a well-known arcanist, that always evaded the courts of the kingdoms. Sure, she could forge weapons for an army, but then they wouldn't be unique anymore. Nephenee only ever poured her heart and soul into objects for specific people. To show that Cecile had her favor was a clear show of power, and a careful move on Lanister's part.

Cecile's stomach went into knots as Queen Kuvira inquired about the Rose Kingdom "rulers". Had she expected King Thornton to be there? The princess followed the queen's eyes from herself to Lance. Then she understood. Neither she nor Lance impressed her in the slightest. She wondered how much Kuvira knew about the culture of the Rose Kingdom, specifically about how women could not rule. Cecile was in no position to "negotiate" political affairs. Not only did she lack any political power, but she had come from a very different upbringing compared to the Yunakai queen. Cecile lacked formal training and was much less educated than her. The princess bit her lip in thought wondering how long she could continue to pretend that she had any influence over her kingdom. She was a fraud. She had no interest in getting the cure for these people; only in escaping.

Then Lanister introduced the pale faced girl to the queen. She shifted where she stood, appearing uncomfortable with being announced in such a way. Her right hand clutched the scepter close to her body. She felt even worse now that she was being stared at. Cecile couldn't imagine what a joke Kuvira saw them as. A frail, sick looking princess along with an arrogant prince, an elf lady, random assassins, and a silent Knight. Her first impression of them could not be good at all, decided Cecile.

The queen then mentioned food. Cecile's interest perked as she thought of eating. She had not eaten a bite in over two days! Her demeanor suddenly became more alert and energized as she eagerly followed after the queen. She gaped slightly as they entered the elaborate banquet hall; the food and festivities prepared were much greater than the Bathelon banquet. Cecile was then the first to make herself comfortable and start helping herself to some of the food. @Robyn Banks

tumblr_mzd3pmrLrY1ridkjdo1_r1_250.gif

Kuvira watched as Cecile started to help herself before waiting for the others. There was no poise in what she's done. Almost made her scold. Sad that she was younger than everyone yet she seemed the most mannered. There was no bow or nod of acknowledgement Lanister seemed quite promising though. A man she would have respect for. Yet it seemed like there was no diplomat to negotiate with her, this was humiliation on her part if she just went along with it. But she had a plan for the rose kingdom soon enough. She wanted to entertain herself by speaking the 'princess' briefly.

She appraoched the princess along with Lance before handing cecile a cup of wine.
"Wine to wash it down?" She suggested with a grin. Still keeping her hospitality. "So you are the princess of rose kingdom. I only heard briefly about you. I think if we are future partners we should get to know each other. Are you both arranged?" She asked smiling at the two.

Lance was about to introduce the group, and apologize for their lateness, and explain the absence of a true ruler; that idiot Lanister beat him to it, and with a quiet sigh Lance drew towards the back of the group, waiting with crossed arms. When Lanister, so caught up in his pride forgot to answer Kuvira's question, Lance stepped forwards again, bowing slightly; he was, after all, only a prince.

"Greetings, Queen Kuvira. Allow me to update you: the Rose Kingdom has closed its borders after the plague spread outside. They refuse anyone else a cure, and have no inclination to leave their comfortable home, not even to save their own daughter, who has been in our care--" to put it nicely-- "since she came across one of our soldiers. King Thornton and his wife are not here, nor is my father King Varudian; he has fallen deathly ill. All you have is myself, Prince Lance Crowsmith; the Princess Cecile Rose; two members of the Wilting Rose--Lanister and his apprentice, Haruka--and two guardians of ours, Dante Tareza and Lucius Ornstein." He brushed over the members of the group that oh great Lanister had forgotten as well, and while he didn't know the last names of the Wilting Rose's secretive members, he did his best.

I know this tactic, Lance thought with slight amusement as they entered the banquet hall. Showing off. A good idea, though. He didn't need this to prove that Yunakai's partnership was crucial. He turned his head to watch Cecile hurry towards the food, and felt slightly guilty then for forcing her to sleep on the journey; it had made it nearly impossible to actually feed her. You really should ask me next time, geezer, before you do something Lance scolded mentally, even though his advisor wasn't here.

Lance followed Kuvira over to Cecile, as he should, and listened quietly until--

"Are you both arranged?" She was smiling like it was perfectly normal for that to happen. Between the Rose Kingdom and Bathelon? The two hated each other!

"Er, no, we aren't," Lance replied, shuddering inwardly. Married? To a Rose? No, thank you. "Simply babysitting her until her parents take responsibility," he added, with a touch on venom coloring his voice. How immature could a king get, seriously? Varudian always fought for what was his.. at least, when he was able to. Realizing he'd been staring at the wall a tad too long, he blinked himself out of his trance.

"So, Queen Kuvira, you mentioned negotiations with the Rose Kingdom's rulers; while you didn't get what you bargained for, would Bathelon have a chance to be of any aid? There.. isn't much we can do, money-wise, as it's been slowly trickling away in an attempt to keep our few remaining healthy citizens alive. Whatever we can do, however, we will; Yunakai is a prosperous country, and I feel with Bathelon's recovery, there would be a lot to be gained on both sides."

Dante chose this moment to sit beside Cecile, always in a tactical position; Lance could see her relay hand-signals, and she could scan all around the room for any danger. She trusted Yunakai, of course, but one could never be too careful; like the Wilting Rose, assassination groups weren't always associated with their ruler. She could also listen to the conversation, and advise Lance if she had to; although, like his father, the boy had a great mind for negotiating. Fighting was a more iffy part, but that was why guards existed, after all. Granted, Lance was also hotheaded at times, but somehow for Varudian it had worked in the end; perhaps it would for the prince. Time would only tell.

tumblr_ndkj4p15bP1s0uqrro1_500.gif

"Ah I just assumed since I never seen a princess with another prince from a foreign country they are bethrothed. I apologize." She nodded his way. "Though you seem to take her as a burden.which is quite understandable." She said before taking a sip of her drink.

After a while the prince began to speak once more. She could admire that from him.
"Of course. We can negiotate privately after the feast. I can consider you a diplomat for the time being, so we can get this further along. I don't won't your journey to be all for not. " she turned to the princess giving off a tense stare. "As for the rose kingdom because of the incompetence it had known me not taking my consideration seriously as Lance has informed me. Not aiding its people in need. I will no longer offer any trade whatsoever but I will do something quite more deserving. I will take the rose kingdom out of the rulers hands. I want the rose kingdom in my control as queen. It is clear that I will do far better. Than a princess who doesn't even know how to eat properly. And that can go on baratherons part ad well for not teaching you such. So tell your parents that they can dethrone themselves or I will take it by force." She nodded slightly towards to two before pulling out a sinister grin. "I will let that all sink in." She said before excusing herself.

Cecile's face became flushed as the prince and the queen spoke. She was embarrassed by the degrading way of which Prince Lance described her. She frowned and sent Lance a hurt stare as he became visibly disgusted by the thought of marrying her. She would probably be betrothed by now had the Bathelon army not kidnapped her. Unfortunately for Cecile the shaming would only continue as the queen chimed in, also belittling the princess. She sunk into her seat and piddled with her food; she suddenly lost her appetite. Instead, she sipped on her glass of wine.

The girl's eyes became illuminated with worry as Queen Kuvira laid out her plans. She would overthrow the Rose Kingdom? It left Cecile unsettled, although she had no interest in ever returning to the Rose Kingdom. In truth, Cecile held a lot of inner conflict over her past home. She had a twin brother there after all, who she missed dearly. Despite her hatred for the Rose Kingdom, she could not imagine the kingdom's demise.

Her eyes fell solemnly to her plate of food which she continued to poke around but not consume. She remained fixated on the food even after Kuvira dismissed herself. She did not want to look at Lance; she was angry with him for the things he had said. Kuvira had already made it known that Cecile would not be present while they discuss their negotiations, and that, too, was upsetting. She would not get to know their agreements. The girl fell unusually quiet; she did not want to let on to Lance how troubled she was by what had just been revealed. What use could they have for her now that a new agenda was in place? Cecile had much to worry about.

Lanister stepped away from Cecile, as he spoke loud enough for Kuvira to speak. "You say this now, like you are able......though your advances and achievements are well known throughout all the kingdom's, you still don't take into consideration that there are some things 'out of your control'. "Lanister said, with a smile. He knew that the Queen was a borderline control freak, and knowing that there were things outside of that control were probably maddening. "While you focused on moving forward, you forget where you come from........you were weak, disunited, and it took your 'enlightened' rule to finally bring them together......such a shame that your parents could not be here to see this. "Lanister said, as he lightly looked around.

"You move forward, you advance, you 'prosper'.....but you forget, and you'll suffer when your people are reminded of what they have forgotten. I don't blame them for choosing to support you, why would they not? War, Fear, Disease, there were a myraid of problems.......It corrupted their judgement, and in that fear, they turned to 'you', Queen Kuvira, and all you asked from them was their silent compliance. But one thing that is always true is that words will always retain their power. Do you want to know the truth Kuvira? There's something terribly wrong with this country...."Lanister said. He knew he was hitting nerves, he prided himself for being a learned man, but He still wasn't done. "But, if you wish to prove me wrong, then do so Kuvira, I would so love to hear it."

tumblr_n1ompgg3fo1ridkjdo6_r1_250.gif

Yes I WAS weak, and disunited. In a matter of months I built this kingdom to the glory its become. I have done more than your king and queen have done in their entire Reign. Understand that you need me more than I need you. Under my rule I can do the same thing for the rose kingdom." She stepped forward glaring as if she her eyes were sending daggers. "you aren't the person I have to prove. You're a subject that just forgot their place. You're all talk but no real power. Therefore you are my least concern at the moment.Your princess should be confronting me not You. So I suggest you hold your tongue." Her tone changed from intimidating to blunt in a matter of seconds. She glance at the Princess. Waiting for her to make a move, although knowing she would be disappointed."this does not change my decision and my offer still stands. They resign or I attack."

Lance watched everything lay itself out patiently and quietly, and had to prevent a laugh from escaping when Lanister spoke up, as if it was his place. "Lanister, unless you would enjoy running a kingdom yourself, something I'm sure you're quite capable of, I suggest you keep quiet." Sarcasm was dripping from his voice as he spoke; the assassin obviously didn't know the meaning of the word 'diplomacy.'

"Queen Kuvira, I will apologize for not teaching Princess Cecile manners as I probably should have. However, her kingdom degrade women severely; one cannot hold the throne, and so they are taught nothing and left to live in ignorance, so the girl does have somewhat of an excuse." He paused, as if thinking. "That being said, I wouldn't object to the rule of her kingdom being given to other hands. But, Princess Cecile is not incompetent as you may think. With barely any training, she managed to turn me into a toad the moment she had her hands on her staff." Lance brushed over the event as if it meant nothing to him; as embarrassing as it had been, it proved Cecile wasn't the bumbling idiot he'd originally thought she was.. Not that she was exactly the smartest. He refused to admit that much.

"You understand that the prideful King Thornton won't give up his throne, and the people will be displeased with an invader taking it. And, despite their views on women, perhaps one of their own would be more accepted. Of course, only if she proves teachable--with your approval, of course, perhaps you could take the Rose Princess underneath your wing, and then place her on the throne? She would owe you a debt, and that would secure the Rose kingdom as your ally." Finished speaking, Lance waited Kuvira's response; while the Queen had wanted Cecile to speak up, Lance could tell the girl was hardly in any position to do, shocked as she was by the blunt words of Yunakai's ruler.

He wanted the throne out of Thornton's hands, but Yunakai's ambitious ruler gaining more power, and taking more of Bathelon's border countries, was a concept he'd rather not have become real. Bathelon wasn't known for its military force, but for its trade; the last time an enemy kingdom had taken over, Bathelon had plummeted down to the bottom of every merchant's list, until a long-disbanded assassin group much like the Wilting Rose had taken the throne back before suddenly disappearing. After that, Bathelon had returned to normal.

Dante laid a comforting hand on Cecile's shoulder. "Don't worry," she mouthed, smiling slightly. Lance had stood up for the princess, which was good news, although he would probably brush it off as a personal agenda later. He'd get away with it, too; that was politics, after all.

Cecile had no choice but to look up from her food when Lanister spoke out, defending the Rose Kingdom. He had done what Cecile was too cowardly to do. For that, she appreciated Lanister. She managed to smile faintly to him before Kuvira answered him, this time antagonizing the princess directly. The queen's prediction was correct; Cecile was too intimidated to respond to the mighty queen. She sipped more at her wine. Admittedly, she was beginning to feel the relaxing effects of the alcohol; she had never been allowed to have wine before then.

Next it was Lance's turn to speak, as he jumped in choosing to also defend the princess. Cecile's face became hot and bright red. How could he defend her now? She rose angrily to her feet, wobbling slightly as she did so. "Look here, Prince Toad Wart",--she would forever nickname the man after toads--, "Why would I want your defense after the nasty things you just said about me? After the nasty way you've treated me for the past year?! You've taken a lot more from me than I've ever taken from your kingdom!" She huffed, continuing her rant, "and I would never wish to learn from someone who just expressed a desire to take over my kingdom".

She paused and eyed everyone at the table. Her temper tantrum was not finished yet. She turned to Kuvira, "You have no idea how much I know", she spat. She lifted her staff belligerently into the air and swept it over the tabletop, "Ignitus!" The food at the center of the table suddenly became inflamed. With that, Cecile sat back down and returned to eating her food, kicking Lance in the shin as she scooted her chair forward.

Lanister would sigh, but would be slightly impressed at her ability to cast magic. It seems that rage is a strong focuser for her. Lanister would simply press his hands to the burning table. "Blizzargo."He said, as the fire would be snuffed out, as a cold wind would cover the table. Lanister would then stand up, a smile on his face. "You're right, Lord Lance. I shouldn't be here unless I have a kingdom....We are just a simple city-state, that still remains out of everyone's reach. "He said, bowing his head to the prince, before looking towards Kuvira. "A subject that has forgotten there place? That is mighty funny coming from someone like you, Miss Kuvira. "He said, as he walked over to her, before leaning in, whispering to the Queen. "a 'Regicide'. "He said, as a smile would play on his face. His people knew far and wide the truth of what went on here, Assassination was their business after all.

He would then lean away, so Kuvira could let what he said sink in, as he turned towards Cecile. "M'lady, If you don't mind me stealing you for a second, I have a few things to discuss with you. "He said, trying to help the girl clear her head, and hopefully talk to her about a few things. He didn't need a war on the Rose Kingdom's doorsteps yet.

@Enuky K @Trombone Geek @Robyn Banks

Cecile scowled in a pout when Lanister quickly extinguished her fire. She glared at him. That hadn't been easy for her to do, despite the simplistic nature of the spell. She crossed her arms and sighed; she was still angry.

Then Lanister requested to speak with the girl in private. She rolled her eyes impatiently. What could he want? To calm her down? She got the impression that he liked Prince Lance's ideas and she would have none of it. He had really hurt her feelings, and it would be a long time before she forgave Lance for talking down about her to Kuvira: her enemy!

She turned and reluctantly obliged, standing to leave with Lanister.

@Andraus

Users who are viewing this thread