Plagued by a Rose [concluded]

Lance thought for a moment before nodding to Cecile's request. Lucius was excellent at his job, loyal, and wouldn't jump into the fray for no reason. When the assassin made as if to attack Phillip, Lance stiffened visibly, but Lucius beat him to speaking. He watched the assassin carefully for any other attempts to attack, but otherwise kept silent.

And there was the assassin's apprentice now, entering with an apology and ignoring the rest of those in the room. Lance wasn't in the mood for half of this, so he leaned against the wall and sighed. This had gotten a bit out of hand, but there was nothing he could do.

((I don't have much to post, sorry.))

The adviser stumbled aback, surprised by Lanister's belligerent actions. However, he became only more enraged by his threats. "Have you heard of diplomacy?" he snapped, straightening his robes and mustache. He then turned to the prince, who appeared bored and uninterested in the situation. "Take note of the Rose Kingdom's failure, young prince. You must never allow a terrorist group to reside in Bathelon". With that the Adviser turned to leave, walking briskly towards the exit and pausing at the door.

"This way, prince, we have much to prepare", he gestured for the prince to follow. "And, Lucius, don't let him touch the girl", he said firmly, narrowing his eyes at the Wilting Rose leader. With that, the adviser and the prince left the room, stepping down into the dark stairwell. The princess was at last "alone" with the Wilting Rose.

Cecile now shifted uncomfortably from her plush arm chair. The sight of how quickly the man was to threaten the adviser's life left her uneasy. She wasn't sure how the organization would feel upon learning that the princess possessed no skills or political power. She eyed the assassins expectantly, too uncertain to speak first, lest she say the wrong thing and be attacked.

"What is it that you wish to speak to me about?" she finally asked as the room had fallen dreadfully silent. She glanced over to Lucius, feeling safer with him guarding the scene.

[OOC: No worries. I can't type much tonight either because I'm just floored with homework]]

Lanister looked towards his apprentice with a hard look, before pointing towards her. "We will discuss this 'Later' aspirate. Let us go. "He said to her, before walking with the princess. When they were alone (with his apprentice and her guard) he pulled off his hood. His features noticeably softened. "I am sorry you had to see that. We don't have a very noticeable presence in bathelon, unlike the other kingdoms. Prior to the plague, there was no need for us. "He said to her, before looking towards the raining sky. He held his hand out, and Cecile could watch as the rain would be caught.....and started to form a ball. "I can smell magic on you....It's like the air after a lightning strike. You have a strong power in you, but it's unrefined, untrained, and unfocused....."He said, closing his hand, as the ball would freeze. He would take the ball, before handing it to Cecile. He then leaned in, and whispered. "I can help."

Lanister would help her to the balcony, so they would be hard to hear. He then started to whisper. "I know your position on the throne, that you are a distance from it......and I know your skills at leading wouldn't be the best......that is why you need help. Help that you wouldn't get anywhere else. "He said, looking at the falling rain. "Do not worry, I ask nothing in return........except legal amnesty in case one of my fellows get captured. Get the picture?"He asked. He was basically telling her, if he gave her help with leading the kingdom when everything was said and done, that his group would have the ability to operate with more freedom. Going to a princess-turned-queen was about as high as you could get. "If you don't believe you'll ever be able to lead, or that something like this wouldn't work, then let me tell you a little history...."He said, before recounting a tale he had heard many times.

The story was of a little princess named Amalia, from an unknown kingdom. She grew up having everything, but it was ripped from her when her mother was assassinated, and an usurper took the throne, and she was kidnapped. The person that rescued her was Larvae Sanctaurii, one of the soldiers-turned-assassins that founded the Wilting Rose. He was formerly her bodyguard, but when her mother was killed, he was framed for the murder. With the help of a 'Loyalist coalition', he managed to rescue her, and had assassinated the enemies responsible for her mothers death. However, the group that aided Larvae turned on him, attempting to use him as a scapegoat, and take the throne for themselves. Upon discovery, Amalia ordered them killed, and with Larvae teaching and guiding her (until he left to found the Wilting Rose), she ascended the throne.

The point of the story that he was attempting to get at was this: How was Amalia remembered? As a young girl who ascended the throne over a mountain of corpses? No, she was remembered as a woman that did her best in an age that was not kind to little girls, or princesses. Lanister was generally offering to help her take the throne, while not directly saying it.

"I could feel your anger.....don't let it control you.....but don't let it go. Use it to forge your will, Sharpen it like a sword, and practice.....When the time is right......when you are prepared, and we have the cure.....I promise you this: You will have your revenge, and you shall have your birth-right. "He said to her, before moving away from her. "I'm not telling you to decide now....but please: Think on it. "He said to her.

@Enuky K @Naomi Loriel

The princess followed obediently as Lanister coaxed her out onto the balcony again. She clutched the small ball of ice in her hands. This was her opportunity; she could finally learn to use magic... She tossed the ball of ice over the edge and turned to him as he spoke. He is lecturing me, she thought, becoming bored with his story. Her attention span was not the best.

She then began to think about her life before being captured. It was true that she had lived comfortably, but she had also been subject to "princess schooling", among other princess related tasks. If there was one thing she had learned over the course of a year it was that she did not particularly miss the royal life. She wanted to be responsible for no one, while also having no one responsible for her. Indeed, dependence on others was the flaw that landed her in Bathelon.

She longed for power,but had no interest in being tied down to the well-being of a kingdom. Besides, now she understood. He was only interested in the potential political relationship they could share. She was an opportunity to him. Cecile's lips curved into a slight smile as the man stepped away from her. She had already made her decision. Whatever the Wilting Rose needed to hear from her he would hear. She could not let this last ditch effort fail.

She followed Lanister to the edge of the balcony where he helped her step back down into the window. Once again she was soaked and cold. Lucius was standing just outside the window awaiting their return. It was evident that he had been listening carefully.

- - -

Meanwhile, deep within the castle the adviser and the prince met alone. "Prince, how much time do you need before you will be ready to begin this journey?" He frowned, "I will not be accompanying you to the Rose Kingdom. I am too old for such a mission, and I must tend to matters here." He eyed the prince with a worried look. He could not stand the idea of sending the princess off in the prince's care without his supervision.

The adviser walked idly around the small corridor. It was a secret chamber where political meetings were held. The room was empty except for a long table at the center of the room with chairs. On the table sat a single candle, which dimly lit the room.

Phillip turned back to the prince and reached into his robe pockets bringing out a small cloth bag. He handed it to the prince with a sigh. Within the small bag was the princess's royal crest.. "I expect you to treat her as a princess", he said sternly. "Lucius must go with you...", it was clear that the adviser was worried about the outcome of this mission. He also could not stand the thought of sending prince Lance off with the likes of the Wilting Rose.

@Ami the breadling @Andraus @Trombone Geek

Last edited by a moderator:
"I doubt I will need much," Lance responded vaguely, honestly not all that sure when he would need to begin. Dante would be a great help, and would be coming for sure; she could probably teach the princess how to defend herself as well, something the girl would need to know in case her witchcraft didn't work. He was still convinced she had used magic to open the window.

He noticed the way Phillip was looking at him and sighed. "I'm not going to hurt her," he added, looking at one of the walls and observing the patterns.

Lance took the bag, peering inside and nodding. "I'll keep that in mind." He didn't comment on Lucius accompanying them; he was a good guard. Still, it seemed Phillip needed more assurances.

"Don't worry. Their reputation comes from not double-crossing their clients," Lance said. He found himself trusting the Wilting Rose, because they wanted the cure and, while they could probably get it alone, they wouldn't get the profits they would gain from helping Bathelon, and they knew it.

[OOC: Sorry this kinda slowed down, hah. I was having a little bit of a writer's block + too many long hours of homework + my poor computer. </3 So.... I haven't had much time, hah. I hope that's okay.]

Phillip smiled faintly to his young pupil. He was relieved by Lance's answers. "You are correct, prince", he said with a nod. He lifted the candle from the table. The conversation had helped the adviser to accept the idea of trusting the Wilting Rose. He let out a slight sigh as he considered his diplomatic duties. "I suppose it is time to give our guests a proper greeting then", he began as he motioned for the two to leave. "I will be directing the servants to put together a lavish banquet; in honor of our agreements. I will bring our collateral --roughly 300,000 coins-- and we will feast".

The two began their leave pushing forward a narrow stone door which opened up to a small study room. Phillip quietly pushed the secret door to a close behind them. It blended perfectly against the stone walls. "I expect you to be in attendance tonight and to dress accordingly", indeed a banquet was a formal event. He smiled again, "I shall invite our benefactor, and in the mean time prepare yourself", he said beginning his way back to the tower.

Admittedly, the adviser was somewhat disappointed to find that Lanister's conversation with Cecile had already passed. He had hoped to get a chance to eavesdrop in some way. He approached the assassins with a much brighter attitude than before. "I hope you will be willing to join us for a small banquet in honor of our appreciation to the Wilting Rose", he said with a slight bow. "You are welcome to rest here until the prince is ready to take his leave with you, of course". He was willing to treat his guests with utmost respect now that they were partners of Bathelon, although temporarily.

About the kitchen the maids bustled to prepare a modest feast. Beautiful main dishes were to be crafted for the occasion. A large roasted duck would be decorated in fruits and vegetables. Fresh bread would be baked. Bathelon may have been suffering financially, but the royal family was of course well off.

@Naomi Loriel @Enuky K

Lanister nodded to the woman, before looking out. "I will teach you what I can...It shall be interesting to work with the nobility, and teaching them the art of magic. I am not, however, a forgiving teacher: If you fail, you will try again until you make it work. "He said to her, sounding dead serious. .I cannot, however, take you as a true apprentice. My apprentice here is Naomi. "Lanister said, holding his hand out to her. He sounded like a proud father."I raised her as a child, and trained her the best I could......Now the time has come, Excuse me. "He said, before moving to look at Naomi.

"Naomi! Kneel, aspirate."

When she would, Lanister would walk over to Naomi, before taking out his Folding Blade. He then placed his blade on her shoulder. "You were weak, when I took you as my apprentice.......Now, your years of training, and your wit, have sharpened you to the finest blade......The task ahead of us is of high importance, and the Council of thorns have decided that now is the time.......This shall be your final test. Rise now, Naomi: You are a Wilting Rose Assassin."He said, before holding out a parcel. Inside were a bow, and two daggers. "Under Normal circumstances, you would get these when the task is done......The Council wish to give them to you now, as a sign of their faith in you. They promise you a position of High Importance when you return. Raise your head high, My child. You have earned this. "Lanister said, and he gave Naomi one of his rare kind smiles. He was more than proud of how far his apprentice came.

rs_634x1024-140917092230-634.Reign-CW-New-Season-Mary.jl.091714.jpg
Queen Kuvira
Kuvira peered out the window dreamily, tapping on the table as her head rested on her free hand. The day was warm and sunny while the atmosphere seemed vivid. She slowly got lost in it, waiting to be any place but there."My majesty... You're highness do you know the answer?" Her tutor asked, eager for her response. Kuvira looked back at him with a neutral look on her face that slowly transformed into a grin."Socrates states that 'A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true.'"Though she was drifting off into her own fantasy world, she was still attached to the real one. Able to hear his countless questions and able to give back accurate answers.

"Correct, now I think we should transition from philosophy to current politics in the known world." He announced with excitement in his voice while she let out a soft groan in boredom. Unlike most of the countries,The blue kingdom cherished education and all that came with it. Technology, science, philosophy, etc. Which meant hours of learning in a study room, with no entertainment whatsoever unless Kuvira recited some humorous jokes she remembered when the time was appropriate.

Kuvira has a very strong interest in learning, the problem was she already had knowledge of it. She could recite most of the scrolls and books in the library words from words without fail (except the ones that recently arrived since she haven't had much time like she use to. ) Especially the spell books her father suggested before his passing, She was able to solve any mathematic equation thrown at her effortlessly.So why was she there?

"Mr. Dubois, though I enjoy the curriculum at hand, I would rather work on my own current political matters. My citizens are probably awaiting for me to tend to them." She said getting up from her seat, ready to walk out. until she was stopped by her teacher with a clearing of his throat. If an ordinary person done that to her she would've ripped their throats out but since this once the man who tutored her since she was young she let it slid. " Well your highness, you should know that the people know you are busy with your studies... Though you may be queen of this flourishing kingdom. you are still 16, Therefore you must attend to your studies as well as your kingdom." He preached satisfied with his acquisition. before he could proceed to the subject. she interrupted him once more.

"But I've answered your questions accurately for the past 3 hours, its obvious that I already know about it." Her smirk started to revive as she leaned her body closer to the table. she had a perfect way to get out of this situation. " Let's make a deal. you give me a hard question about politics and world affair. if I get right, I am free to go. if I don't, i'll spend 2 more hours learning since I may not know how much a claim to...How does that sound?"Mr. Dubois eventually let out a grin after a couple of seconds of thinking.

"What is the most problematic reason of the affects of the known countries?" Victoria adjusted herself then began to thin as she did, Dubois' grin grew bigger assuming that he had won.
" the relationship of the countries? No he wants something, something unexpected."Soon enough It came to her. she stood up straight and looking him straight through his eyes with hers. she said announced."Desire. Every country has a lack of satisfaction for what they have and that causes the conficts. The greed, desire to expand.That's the real world problem... Am I correct?" Her Tutor grin soon faded and turned into a sigh. "Meet here Same time tomorrow." She skipped out of theroom saying. "I don't think so." As soon as she walked out of the room, .

Kuvira walked down the halls making sure that everything was in place. Her ladies in waiting following her by her side. The Royal family of barathelon was suppose to arrive within the week. Possibly asking for help with their financial issues and what not. In all honesty she had little to no respect for them. They heard rumors of them feasting and endulging themselves while their people suffered. But nevertheless she will help them soon enough."I want everything prepped and ready for their arrival. I can't let them think lowly of us." Not like they can.

She adjusted her elder wand that was hidden in her dress before taking a seat in her throne. Her rested her hands gently on her lap before looking at the two guards men.
"Bring them in."

[QUOTE="Enuky K][OOC: Sorry this kinda slowed down, hah. I was having a little bit of a writer's block + too many long hours of homework + my poor computer. </3 So.... I haven't had much time, hah. I hope that's okay.]
Phillip smiled faintly to his young pupil. He was relieved by Lance's answers. "You are correct, prince", he said with a nod. He lifted the candle from the table. The conversation had helped the adviser to accept the idea of trusting the Wilting Rose. He let out a slight sigh as he considered his diplomatic duties. "I suppose it is time to give our guests a proper greeting then", he began as he motioned for the two to leave. "I will be directing the servants to put together a lavish banquet; in honor of our agreements. I will bring our collateral --roughly 300,000 coins-- and we will feast".

The two began their leave pushing forward a narrow stone door which opened up to a small study room. Phillip quietly pushed the secret door to a close behind them. It blended perfectly against the stone walls. "I expect you to be in attendance tonight and to dress accordingly", indeed a banquet was a formal event. He smiled again, "I shall invite our benefactor, and in the mean time prepare yourself", he said beginning his way back to the tower.

Admittedly, the adviser was somewhat disappointed to find that Lanister's conversation with Cecile had already passed. He had hoped to get a chance to eavesdrop in some way. He approached the assassins with a much brighter attitude than before. "I hope you will be willing to join us for a small banquet in honor of our appreciation to the Wilting Rose", he said with a slight bow. "You are welcome to rest here until the prince is ready to take his leave with you, of course". He was willing to treat his guests with utmost respect now that they were partners of Bathelon, although temporarily.

About the kitchen the maids bustled to prepare a modest feast. Beautiful main dishes were to be crafted for the occasion. A large roasted duck would be decorated in fruits and vegetables. Fresh bread would be baked. Bathelon may have been suffering financially, but the royal family was of course well off.

[/QUOTE]
Lance frowned at the mention of a feast. He had to admit he didn't much like the idea of such waste after seeing the poor condition the kingdom had been in. Not that he could voice that to his adviser; the man would probably have Lance's head were he to discover the boy had sneaked out of the castle and curiously gone to check on how his people were doing. Needless to say, it was a mess. Still, he couldn't protest without seeming disrespectful, both to Phillip and to his guests, so he sighed, pretending the idea of dressing formally was more of a bother. As the adviser made his way to speak with Lanister and Cecile, Lance had wandered off to the kitchens. In order to make up for the cruelty of feasting while his people suffered, he made his way to where the head chef would probably be found.

"When the feast is over, I want you to take what food you can and distribute it to the people, however you can. Try not to endanger yourself, but find a way." There was likely to be much food left afterwards, but Lance hated that this was the best he could do. Nevertheless, he watched the cook hesitantly nod, and gave a slight smile. Murmuring his thanks, Lance left the kitchens.

Dante was there, sitting on one of the seats in the room, reading; when Lance left the kitchens, she looked up with a small grin.

"You seem like your mood's improved," the warrior said; Lance rolled his eyes and didn't respond to her comment.

"I have to prepare for a feast," Lance said, barely disguising the tone of disgust in his voice. Circumstances aside, he absolutely hated formal occasions. Dante's grin only widened.

"I suppose I should, as well," Dante said, laughing on the inside when Lance's steps paused for a moment. The boy never could get over the fact that his mentor, the woman who'd taught him how to fight for years, wore dresses. He shrugged it off and continued away; he would be ready in due time. Dante herself closed her book and left the dining hall, to her own room.

[OOC: DAAANG Y'ALL TOOK THAT SHIZ PERSONALLY! baha. I didn't mean to suggest that the Bathelon royal family are selfish or gluttons or anything. I mean remember the 2007 recession? The prez was still livin it up in the white house im sure.]

Phillip's eyes widened at the spectacle taking place before him. His look of surprise and slight disapproval quickly vanished as he regained his composure. He beamed as the young apprentice fell to one knee and Lanister bestowed the high honor upon her. The adviser began to clap accordingly, "lovely, lovely" he said. "Such an occasion deserves to be celebrated so I expect to see you both at the banquet!" The adviser then turned to his apprentice and bowed to her. He did not wait for a response to his request; however, this went unnoticed by the assassins as Cecile chirped, interrupting their conversation.

"Don't I get to go to the banquet too?" she whined. She was twisting a strand of hair around her finger with one hand and giving the adviser the saddest puppy-dog look she could achieve.

"Absolutely not!" he immediately spat and hesitated. He really had not considered whether or not the princess should attend, but "no" was an instant reflex response to any of the girl's requests. He decided to stand by his answer for the sake of not appearing impulsive. "You will have a platter brought to you, as usual", he huffed.

Cecile was not finished. She continued to whine about it, "why not! I'm part of the mission too. I deserve to be there!" The adviser appeared unmoved. Discouraged but determined, the princess went on, "Lucius deserves to be there too! He could watch after me!" She pointed to the silent knight then clutched her hands together in front of her chest. "Please let me go...", she begged. (@Ami the breadling )

The adviser finally relented; he held a deep and chivalrous soft spot for women. "Fine, you may attend", he muttered gruffly. He turned to Lucius, "do not let her out of your sight". He knew that he could trust Lucius with the task.

The princess squealed in delight, "thank you thank you!"

The adviser extended an arm for Cecile to take hold of, "Come now we have to get you ready", he said to her. He lead the way to the entrance of the tower room and together the group descended and reentered the castle. Cecile appeared more elated than usual; it would be her first time getting to walk around most of the castle.

[OOC: I'm about to jump a little ahead here and probably wind up with a super long post...but I'm trying to get this going.]

It was becoming late in the evening when the banquet was fully prepared. Cecile and Lucius had been allowed to wander the castle at Cecile's request. However, She found herself quickly tuckered out by the action so the two sat at the massive feast table. It was beautifully covered in food. Cecile was excited to be out of her room, but a year of minimal activity had left her weak. She was tired already. She sighed. Other guests of honor were beginning to arrive.

The adviser was first to arrive. He circled the table surveying to ensure a good job had been done. Once deciding he approved, he took a seat next to a throne at the very end. The prince could sit at the throne if he so chose. Dante arrived shortly after him. Next, Lanister and Naomi arrived, taking their seats across from the princess. Prince Lance was the running slightly late, as he usually did to events he did not particularly care for.

When at last the prince reluctantly arrived the adviser stood and spoke. "At dawn each of you will embark on a very important journey that the future of Bathelon depends on", he began. "Let us pray for safe travels and a safe return". He held a goblet up in a toast, "and now let us feast!"

Chatter and movement began around the table as guests began to serve their plates. Maids walked around the table refilling goblets with water or wine as needed.

Cecile was dressed in a long and poofy ball gown. Her hair was tightly curled into ringlets and her face was painted in make up. The adviser had indeed prepared her for a formal event. Even her head was topped in a silver tiara. By the adviser's direction, she had been made up into the perfect princess once again.

The princess made her way to where the prince was sitting, followed by Lucius. He was poking around his plate but not eating much. She took a seat next to him. The adviser was busily presenting Lanister with his 300,000 gold coins. Cecile folded her arms, "I still need my crest", she whispered. She glanced over the table. She wasn't used to being around so many people. The girl had once been an

extrovert but a year in isolation now made her anxious. Her energy was drained by the social activities going on and the noise was giving her a headache.

Haruka smiled proudly as her master presented her with her own weapons. "Thank you master, I will not let the council down." And then she listened in annoyance as the Rose Princess complained to the adviser about wanting to go to the ball. She was not looking forward to sitting around with a bunch of royals. But she clutched her new weapons tightly and felt a warmth spread through her. She would prove herself with this mission.

[QUOTE="Enuky K]It was becoming late in the evening when the banquet was fully prepared. Cecile and Lucius had been allowed to wander the castle at Cecile's request. However, She found herself quickly tuckered out by the action so the two sat at the massive feast table. It was beautifully covered in food. Cecile was excited to be out of her room, but a year of minimal activity had left her weak. She was tired already. She sighed. Other guests of honor were beginning to arrive.
The adviser was first to arrive. He circled the table surveying to ensure a good job had been done. Once deciding he approved, he took a seat next to a throne at the very end. The prince could sit at the throne if he so chose. Dante arrived shortly after him. Next, Lanister and Naomi arrived, taking their seats across from the princess. Prince Lance was the running slightly late, as he usually did to events he did not particularly care for.

When at last the prince reluctantly arrived the adviser stood and spoke. "At dawn each of you will embark on a very important journey that the future of Bathelon depends on", he began. "Let us pray for safe travels and a safe return". He held a goblet up in a toast, "and now let us feast!"

Chatter and movement began around the table as guests began to serve their plates. Maids walked around the table refilling goblets with water or wine as needed.

Cecile was dressed in a long and poofy ball gown. Her hair was tightly curled into ringlets and her face was painted in make up. The adviser had indeed prepared her for a formal event. Even her head was topped in a silver tiara. By the adviser's direction, she had been made up into the perfect princess once again.

The princess made her way to where the prince was sitting, followed by Lucius. He was poking around his plate but not eating much. She took a seat next to him. The adviser was busily presenting Lanister with his 300,000 gold coins. Cecile folded her arms, "I still need my crest", she whispered. She glanced over the table. She wasn't used to being around so many people. The girl had once been an

extrovert but a year in isolation now made her anxious. Her energy was drained by the social activities going on and the noise was giving her a headache.

[/QUOTE]
Dante's dress had been rather simple; a bit fancier than those a peasant woman would wear, but not over-the-top like Cecile's was. The silverette (YAY MADE-UP WORDS) took a seat next to Lucius, looking to the guard with a grin. "How much of a handful is she?" the warrior asked jokingly, although she nodded slightly in approval when she took in the princess's attire and make-up. While not a fan of such things, it seemed the advisor ((SCREW SPELLING IT HOW AMERICA LIKES IT "adviser" IS JUST WEIRD TO TYPE)) had warmed up to her a bit.

Lance entered the room, his clothing closer to Dante's in that it wasn't overly fancy or restricting, but still a bit better than usual. Despite his fathers sickness and obviously approaching death, he hadn't taken to wearing a crown. His hair was pulled up versus back, but mostly everything was the same. He paused when he noticed the seating arrangement--obviously he was expected to sit in the throne. Holding back a sigh, he made his way there and sat, listening to the advisor speak, responding to the toast duly.

Afterwards, his gaze drifted to Cecile, taking in the way she'd been dressed and prepared for the feast. "Hm. How does it feel to be dressed like a princess again? Does it bring you any closer to before your capture?" he asked, noting how uncomfortable she seemed. When she requested her crest, he slid it over without a word of protest.

tumblr_ndkj4p15bP1s0uqrro1_500.gif

Kuvira sat on her throne for a little longer, taking in a deep breath before arising. She has only ruled for 6 months but already had done a sufficient job and maintaining and improving the Kingdom. Something she knew her father would be proud of and yet she was anxious.

Her advisor Vladan, leaned towards her before saying. "My Queen, you are doing quite well with maintaining prosperity for only sitting on the throne for a short period of time. You're people seem quite fond of you." It was obvious he was trying to comfort her with compliments however she adjusted herself before looking towards him with a faint smile.
"I would hope so, My people deserve a respectable queen especially at this time." Vladan paused for a bit before continuing on. "Yes, but many people are concerned about when you are wed. It is your obligation to produce a male heir to the throne especially since you are the lone born child of your parents.Perhaps a can arrange a betrothal of a noble with title or A well off prince?"

Seemed like something they've discussed every month since her coronation, something that was the least of her concern.Kuvira looked at him before gracefully stepping of her throne starting to walk away as her Advisor and ladies kept up.
"I understand that it is important that I produce an heir but this isn't the time to discuss such things. Maybe to take my subjects minds off of the world that is crumbling around them but it will be hard to ignore many kings making their way in and out of Yunkai to negotiate about trade of medicine and resources for the plague."

She finally turned to Vladan. A proud and respectable man he was, and an extrodinary wizard. Her stern look soften as she added on.
"I plan to be a virgin queen until this is over. We don't need alliances or false hope at this time, I am only 15, I still have years to rule... But if you will fancy it. You may lookel for suitor that you think will be appropriate for me when the time comes." The advisor bowed "thank you, Your highness" and with those words he was off. Her ladies in waiting giggled and started to talk about their dream marriages. Kuvira smile returned as she playfully rolled her eyes.

Lanister gently hugged the girl, grinning with pride. "I know you will, Haruka. For years since I took you as my Aspirate, you've shown me Loyalty, Determination, Survival Instinct, a potential for leadership, intellect, and incredible skill. I can provide you the tools, but mark my words: One day, your name shall be known across the world. "He said, and this was high praise coming from a Master Assassin. Removing his hood, to reveal shaggy brown hair, and pulling off his mask to show a clean cut face, Lanister looked over towards Haruka. "Let us enjoy these festivities while they last. I know you may not care for it too much, but think of it as training: Hiding among the nobility in plain sight is a valuable skill. "He said, before sitting next to Cecile. He would gently pat her hand, to reassure her, before looking at the coin provided. He would take a small portion to cover expenses: out of the three hundred thousand, he only took fifth teen thousand.

Lanister would look over towards Cecile, before shrugging his shoulders. "I can tell you being in plain sites bugging you....think of this as a practice. When you cast magic like we do, you must avoid 'every' other distraction. Simply focus on the spell, charm, or hex at hand. "He said, before leaning over to a candle, and pressing his fingers to it, lighting it.

[OOC: @Trombone Geek I KNOW! I used to use "advisor" but then the computer and phones kept flagging it as a typo. I noticed my school uses "advisor" though! I am fine with either or]

Cecil frowned as Dante poked fun at her behavior. They could not understand what it was like to be a prisoner, she presumed. Lashing out and causing disturbances had proven to be the only way to gain the attention of others. It was often dreadfully boring in her room. She shifted in her seat and smoothed her skirt absentmindedly as the prince spoke to her.

At first she wasn't sure how to answer the prince's questions so she busied her hands with her crest. She fastened it securely to her gown and looked away from the prince. Finally she answered, "I feel wonderful", she lied. She did not want the prince to know about how she really felt. After all, her current state was all the prince's doing. She gritted her teeth; she would make him suffer for his actions someday. "Now I do", she said with a smirk as she motioned to the elegant crest attached to her dress. For fear that the prince could take offense to her open display of the Rose icon, Cecile quickly turned her attention to Lanister leaving a cold shoulder to Lance.

Slowly the girl looked around the table, practice was it? How sitting around other people could assist her in learning to use magic was beyond her. She was then easily drawn back by the assassin's use of magic at the table. "I want to try", she cooed, blowing out the candle and expectantly lifting a finger to it. However, she was once again greeted with no success as the candle remained unlit. The discouraged princess huffed softly to herself. The adviser then began to speak over the table.

"At day break each of you will begin the journey to the Yunakai Kingdom. The trip should take approximately two days by horseback". Phillip laid a large map drawn on parchment paper across the table. On it was a drawing of the route to take. "The roads are old and worn", he advised, following the route with his index finger. On the map one could see that it was a straight shot to the west from Bathelon to Yunakai, but there were no connecting roads from Bathelon to the Rose Kindgom. The Rose Kingdom was almost completely encircled with rugged mountains. It was the kingdom's natural barrier against attack. The only opening leading to the Rose Kingdom was the Gallica Pass located directly north of Yunakai. This pass was kept heavily guarded by the Rose Kingdom Army.

Phillip had been to the Yunakai before, and had even once met the queen Kuvira. She had been just a young child at the time, and Phillip doubted she had any memory of it now. "Most of the journey will be through forests, so you must be careful to avoid predators and thieves. You will know when you have reached the Yunakai when you begin to pass through its scattered villages, but you will need to keep going until you reach the heart of Yunakai: its capital city. There you will find the queen Kuvira".

The Blue Kingdom was the most prosperous of the three nations. There were currently few cases of the plague; affecting mostly babies and the elderly. Luckily, the people of Yunakai had access to adequate care. The kingdom was unique because it was the only kingdom that did not persecute users of magic. The use of magic and witchcraft was strictly prohibited of peasants in the Rose Kingdom. However, this acceptance of magic was perhaps one of the leading causes of the Yunakai's prosperity. It opened the door to innovations, eventually making the Blue Kingdom the most advanced.

"Be very careful once you reach the Yunakai. They have a much different...culture from ours here in Bathelon. It is difficult to predict what you might come across there with such a liberated populous". He paused in thought, trying to recall any other useful advice to give.

Haruka sat and ate her food, which was a bit too rich for her taste, and observed the princesses attempt at magic. When the advisor began to explain their trip, she learned their path as best as she could. "Predators and thieves should be easy to deal with." She said under her breathe to Lanister. "But will these royals really be okay travelling through the woods?"

[QUOTE="Naomi Loriel]Haruka sat and ate her food, which was a bit too rich for her taste, and observed the princesses attempt at magic. When the advisor began to explain their trip, she learned their path as best as she could. "Predators and thieves should be easy to deal with." She said under her breathe to Lanister. "But will these royals really be okay travelling through the woods?"

[/QUOTE]
Cecile could hear Haruka muttering softly to Lanister. She peered past him to the girl and made no attempt to conceal herself listening in. She quickly retorted in a whispered hiss, "of course I'll be okay". She appeared to have taken the girl's implications personally. She was paying little attention to the adviser and his boring talk about logistics.

Lucius stood. Of course. He always did. And, as always, thr aegis kept silent. He had walked besides Cecile but now he was at the wall. She seemed to have taken something personal there. He would not jugde anyone there. At least not loudly. He kept silent and faced to the door, the table only in the egde of his field of view. Lions like the one on his helmet couldn't speak after all.

Enuky K][OOC: [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/23273-trombone-geek/ said:
@Trombone Geek[/URL] I KNOW! I used to use "advisor" but then the computer and phones kept flagging it as a typo. I noticed my school uses "advisor" though! I am fine with either or]
Cecil frowned as Dante poked fun at her behavior. They could not understand what it was like to be a prisoner, she presumed. Lashing out and causing disturbances had proven to be the only way to gain the attention of others. It was often dreadfully boring in her room. She shifted in her seat and smoothed her skirt absentmindedly as the prince spoke to her.

At first she wasn't sure how to answer the prince's questions so she busied her hands with her crest. She fastened it securely to her gown and looked away from the prince. Finally she answered, "I feel wonderful", she lied. She did not want the prince to know about how she really felt. After all, her current state was all the prince's doing. She gritted her teeth; she would make him suffer for his actions someday. "Now I do", she said with a smirk as she motioned to the elegant crest attached to her dress. For fear that the prince could take offense to her open display of the Rose icon, Cecile quickly turned her attention to Lanister leaving a cold shoulder to Lance.

Slowly the girl looked around the table, practice was it? How sitting around other people could assist her in learning to use magic was beyond her. She was then easily drawn back by the assassin's use of magic at the table. "I want to try", she cooed, blowing out the candle and expectantly lifting a finger to it. However, she was once again greeted with no success as the candle remained unlit. The discouraged princess huffed softly to herself. The adviser then began to speak over the table.

"At day break each of you will begin the journey to the Yunakai Kingdom. The trip should take approximately two days by horseback". Phillip laid a large map drawn on parchment paper across the table. On it was a drawing of the route to take. "The roads are old and worn", he advised, following the route with his index finger. On the map one could see that it was a straight shot to the west from Bathelon to Yunakai, but there were no connecting roads from Bathelon to the Rose Kindgom. The Rose Kingdom was almost completely encircled with rugged mountains. It was the kingdom's natural barrier against attack. The only opening leading to the Rose Kingdom was the Gallica Pass located directly north of Yunakai. This pass was kept heavily guarded by the Rose Kingdom Army.

Phillip had been to the Yunakai before, and had even once met the queen Kuvira. She had been just a young child at the time, and Phillip doubted she had any memory of it now. "Most of the journey will be through forests, so you must be careful to avoid predators and thieves. You will know when you have reached the Yunakai when you begin to pass through its scattered villages, but you will need to keep going until you reach the heart of Yunakai: its capital city. There you will find the queen Kuvira".

The Blue Kingdom was the most prosperous of the three nations. There were currently few cases of the plague; affecting mostly babies and the elderly. Luckily, the people of Yunakai had access to adequate care. The kingdom was unique because it was the only kingdom that did not persecute users of magic. The use of magic and witchcraft was strictly prohibited of peasants in the Rose Kingdom. However, this acceptance of magic was perhaps one of the leading causes of the Yunakai's prosperity. It opened the door to innovations, eventually making the Blue Kingdom the most advanced.

"Be very careful once you reach the Yunakai. They have a much different...culture from ours here in Bathelon. It is difficult to predict what you might come across there with such a liberated populous". He paused in thought, trying to recall any other useful advice to give.
Lance knew Cecile was lying about how she felt, but he didn't comment on it. The princess then ignored him, leaving him with no way to try and cure his boredom. He sat there for a while, mentally running through common battle tactics in hopes that something interesting would pop up, and watched as Cecile attempted to light a candle as easily as Lanister had, but failed. The girl had no chance to practice the magic Lance was sure she'd learned about somewhere, and so knowledge of even the simplest of spells turned out to be useless to her. Not that Lance himself knew any magic; Dante knew minor spells, mostly to do with healing and buffering allies.

The advisor began to speak, then, and Lance turned his attention to that, although he found himself even more bored by it. Banquets always drove him insane. The prince pushed his food around his plate, sighing. Whether it was a form of social anxiety or whatever, he always hated eating at formal events. It was strange, and had no reason, but he was thankful that few questioned it.

The advisor mentioned Yunakai. The prosperous city had no reason to help Bathelon, Lance was sure, but the more the merrier. He rested his chin in his hand, sighing quietly and hoping the dinner ended soon so he could go read, or something, away from people. Although, Lance had to admit, what he did know about Yunakai appealed to him. They accepted magic, and that allowed them to advance far beyond other countries. The prince didn't contribute to the conversation, remaining silent throughout the dinner.

Cecile waited impatiently for the young trainee to respond to her, but the girl appeared to be ignoring her. The princess hissed persistently, "aren't you going to say something to me?" It was one word too many because at that point her words had drawn the attention of the adviser, who had been just wrapping up his speech.

"Silence!" The adviser commanded from the short distance across the table. He added, "you dare interrupt this important meeting! Do you have something you wish to share with us princess?"

At this point all eyes in the room were fixated on Cecile. Great, she thought sarcastically as she sunk deeper into her seat. "I didn't say anything", she objected defensively.

The adviser appeared impatient. "Then I believe it is well past your bedtime", he said sternly; knowing she had lied. He then instructed Lucius to take her back to her chamber. The girl could be heard protesting through the halls long after Lucius guided her away. It was at that time the adviser rose, collecting his map and slipping it to Lance. The banquet had ended. "I will show you to your rooms for the evening", the adviser said to Lanister and Haruka while beckoning for them to follow.

He bowed politely to the prince, "Good night, prince", he said. After the group had left the banquet hall the servants began to clean and collect leftover food. There was much to prepare for the morning's soup kitchen.

- - -

It was very early in the morning when Cecile was half-awakened. The soft sound of Lucius and the adviser entering her room had caused the girl to stir from her sleep. The two men didn't speak; they were trying their best to not wake the sleeping princess. As the girl stirred the men paused and waited quietly in the darkness. Cecile had been barely conscious, and quickly drifted back to sleep.

The sound of the princess's soft snoring made the adviser confident that it was safe to continue. They approached her bedside and Lucius gently propped the girl up while the adviser opened a small vial filled with a dark, blue liquid from his pocket.

"Trust me; this is for the greater good", said Phillip to Lucius. He clenched the girl's cheeks and poured the mystery liquid into her throat.

Cecile awakened, startled. "What are you doing!" demanded the girl as she tried to break away from Lucius's hold of her. However, she did not receive an answer. Her thoughts became fuzzy and the world around her began to spin. Within seconds, the girl had fallen into a deep state of sleep.

Sir Phillip had decided that it was in the group's best interest to minimize the girl's activity while traveling to Yunakai. He felt that her known presence could make them more likely to face attack during the trip; the subjects of Bathelon were not fond of her after all. He had also felt that Cecile would make the journey more difficult in general considering her usual behavior and bad attitude. The blue liquid was a drug powerful enough to keep her knocked out for days. He would also give Lucius another vial to have in case it was ever needed again.

The next time Cecile awoke it was midday. She found herself laying alone in a horse-drawn carriage. Her body felt stiff and sore all over from the long hours of sleep, but she had no idea how much time had passed or where she was. Her ankle was shackled securely to the floor of the carriage with a chain. She peered out a small carriage window curiously. Lucius was steering the carriage, but everyone else was riding horseback. Around the streets there were many people about and shops. They were in a lively city, and it was very different from the quiet town of Bathelon. The group had arrived in the Yunakai Kingdom.

The prince was closest to the carriage, riding almost right next to it. Cecile finally began to realize what was going on, "you let me miss the whole trip?" she called out to Lance from the window. She appeared very disappointed as she had been excited about traveling. "and why don't I get to ride my own horse", she whined to herself, pulling helplessly at the chain.

Lanister looked over towards Cecile's carriage, hearing her awake, and quickly moved over. "While I can agree with the reasoning, that does not mean I approve of this! This took valuable time out of her studies, and it is time we are already in desperate need of. "He said, with an 'almost' growl. The man could be quite intimidating when he was angry. He would then look towards Haruka. "Haruka, keep them from interrupting me. "He told his apprentice. He had hoped to use this time to develop her understanding of magic. He knew why they did what they did: She was a little spitfire, and could be in a lot of potential danger. But Lanister was confident he and his apprentice would be able to defend her, as well as Lance's soldiers.

"Hold very still, this will only take a second. "He said, as he took a strange looking handle out. He then flipped it in the air, as it ended from two separate parts, first the main blade then blade tip. He would then best his bare thumb against the blade. "Fire touch, fire slame, fire meet and fire ram."He said, as the blade began growing bright red. He would then quickly strike the shackles around her wrists and Ankles. They would collapse from the combined weight of magic fire, and the attack. "Now, we're outside the Kingdom, so it should be alright for you to look around, I am warning you though, keep your head low. Anyone finds out that you're a princess, some will stop at nothing to capture you."He said, as his blade lost it's glow, as he returned it to his side.

He checked outside, to make sure that no-one was listening in but Naomi. "I had hoped to teach you more magic by now, since it is openly accepted it here. But no matter, this presents us with an opportunity. I know someone in this city that could help us with your studies. She owes me a favor, so getting what we need should not be a problem."

@Naomi Loriel @Enuky K

Dante scowled, but Lance watched with slight amusement as the princess was scolded, but didn't comment on it. He waited not-so-patiently until the meeting was over, taking the map from the advisor and nodding a small 'good night' in response to his words. He rose, thanking the head cook once more before leaving to his own chambers, where he was quick to fall asleep. Dante had chosen to help the cooks clean up, as she often did, before leaving as well.

Lance found himself waking early in the morning, much earlier than he was supposed to, but unable to fall back asleep anyways. So he simply lit a candle, reading for a few hours before eventually putting the book down and climbing out of bed. He packed everything he would need for the trip, and wore simple clothes fit for traveling. With his longsword strapped around his waist, he left his room.

((Skip a lot of things, blah de dah..))

Lance glanced over at Cecile as she awoke. "I wasn't the biggest fan of what the advisor had done, but he didn't ask me about it," he replied. "As for a horse, keeping a sleeping person on a horse is difficult. At the pace we're moving, you may ride my horse if you wish," he said, and on the inside he could admit he felt a bit of sympathy for the princess, and was beginning to see she acted just like he did at times, if more girlish. However, before the princess was able to respond, Lanister had his little outburst, and broke her shackles.

"You could've asked me for the key," Dante said from a small distance behind the carriage, but the corners of her lips were curled up in silent laughter. The woman had been forced to walk due to the uncomfortable size of her sword, but she disliked riding horses anyways. Her armor was light compared to her weapon.

Lucius was highly uncomfortable with the task of driving the cart. He hadn't said something but he really disliked it. Therefore, now, he spoke. He turned to a random guard. "Could you continue to drive this? I am of more use on feet.", he said and swapped with the guard to then walk next to Dante. Neither his armor, nor his weapon were too heavy. That made him fast in combat, faster than one would expect.

Cecile was very relieved by Lanister's aid, although his spell and blade had startled her slightly. It felt good to be protected by someone who seemed to care about her rather than those who seemed to resent the task. She was glad to see the shackles destroyed; that way they could not be used again. "Oh, but I'd rather him do it this way", she responded softly to Dante as she flexed out her freed ankle. Of course this had been the adviser's doing, but luckily the big bad adviser was finally gone. She turned to Lanister, "thank you", she whispered back to him. The carriage then came to a stop; they had reached the capital city gates. The guards at the gate were quick to allow their entry as the queen had long instructed them to expect the diplomats of Bathelon.

Cecile took Lanister's hand, "Can we walk then?" she asked. Lanister then helped the girl step out of the carriage. She brushed herself off and stretched as the prince spoke briefly with the Yunakai guards. They told him that if they continued forward they would soon find the Yunakai palace in the center of the city. The carriage driver then took his leave to return to Bathelon, leaving Cecile free to walk on foot next to the others. Before them was a busy open market place. Cecile's blue eyes lit up as she scanned the many interesting stands some selling produce and others selling a variety of magical trinkets and items.

"Can't we explore the markets some", she asked idly to the prince as her gaze shifted from stand to stand. Her pace slowed to get a better look. "I haven't gotten to have any fun", she added in complaint. She was interested in finding a wand. After all, the girl had no weapons or belongings aside from her crest.

@Enuky K

Lanister looked around the Market. No signs of anyone looking suspicious, no-one paying any special attention to them......for now, it was safe. "Yes, but not for long. The longer we stay, the more of a chance you'll be recognized. "He said to her, putting his mask on. He knew how to put on a show if he had to. The reputation was easy to play off: The Wilting Rose were widely feared and respected for their art. But it wouldn't be enough.....Lanister would then look towards Cecile, as she rubbed her wrists. An idea then sparked in his mind. "Please, M'lady. Allow me. "He said, as he pressed his fingers on her wrist. Though it was minor bruising, and scratches, his hands would glow a soft pink before they'd disappear.

The nearby populace saw this.....and feared it. It was one thing to be apart of one of the most dangerous assassins guilds known to the land, but it was another to be a strong enough mage to cast magic without a focuser. If anyone had a plan to cause trouble, it would most likely end there. Lanister knew the people feared him, and played on it. Not because he didn't think he could take it, but because he didn't want to go through the hassle of cleaning blood off his blade, and clothes.

"I received a small portion of gold from our 'investment'. I'm sure we can get what you need while we're here, M'lady. "He said, being as courteous as possible. While most of the coin went to the guild, Lanister received a small portion to pay for expenses. He'd most likely just buy spell books, and a wand. However, a wand was a bit impractical.......He wondered if there was an Arcanist in the city that could fashion gloves to act as foci? He'd have to ask around and see.

Users who are viewing this thread