Plagued by a Rose [concluded]

Lance was more grateful than Thornton would ever (be allowed, with Lance's consent at least) know at the treaty's acceptance, although it was closer to an agreement in the terms that it was simple and didn't take hours of planning. Nodding his quiet response, the Bathelon King followed to the buggy, his eyes narrowing at the sight of Sir Edwin's strangely familiar face, although he didn't say anything.

It was then that Troy decided to speak of Thornton and Kuvira rather disrespectfully. Lance sent a glare cold enough to freeze a dragon towards the immature girl.

"You seem to be misled. How one's family may act does not and never will dictate how the person acts. I am much more tolerant than my father; King Thornton, who didn't execute me on the spot like his father would have, is much kinder; and Kuvira is not an emotionless madwoman. Get that through your head and stop blaming people for mistakes others made! I'm sure Kuvira didn't order the death of children, and Thornton hasn't revealed a single hint of withholding the cure! Sure, they may have acted rashly at times, but so have you, and the rest of us!" While nowhere near the volume of yelling, Lance's voice had steadily risen from its original deadly quiet. His blue eyes were closed to burning flames than chips of ice his father had possessed, but the similarity was there nonetheless.

Soon after his rant, Cecile appeared into the gardens, obviously just awoken. She questioned if he was leaving already, and Lance nodded. He didn't speak to her at first, instead heading over to Troy and glaring down at her again.

"If you won't help her for anyone else, then help her for me," he growled quietly. "Or if not then, then for herself, because she is nothing but an innocent girl caught in a war. But if she dies from a cause you could've prevented, I'll kill you myself. Petty as it is, revenge is a wonderful thing." With that, the king turned back towards the buggy, walking towards it but pausing before he passed Cecile.

"Thornton, Kuvira, I cannot thank you enough for how much you've done. You two have saved a kingdom, something Troy doesn't seem to realize." There was a moment where Lance didn't move or say anything, as if mulling something over in his head. He suddenly reached out and pulled Cecile into a hug.

"I want you to stay safe." Another pause, but Lance pulled away from her, gave a small smile, and climbed into the buggy. And soon, he was gone.

((There. Boom. I'm finished.))

Troy would just stare off at the man after he left, before closing her eyes, in deep thought. She had not heard someone, especially someone from the nobility, speak that passionately in a long time.....not since her brother when he first met Troy. Opening her eyes, and biting her lip, she would let out a long sigh, before pulling her eyepatch off. "It seems that your ally speaks from the heart when it comes to you, Thornton......I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time, Don't make me regret it. "She said, showing her demon-marked eye.

She would then walk over towards Cecile. "
Excuse me, miss? I have heard that you were afflicted by a curse sustained in Valpurina. "She said, blinking lightly as she looked at the girls. She noticed that the girl appeared to be drowsy and mentally afflicted, but she assumed that it was simply because of her oversleeping. "May I see the mark the curse left? If it is specially tailored, it'll leave a distinctive mark, specific to each mage. I can see what curse it is, and if you're lucky, I'll be able to tell you who cast it on you."

And so it was King Lance left for his kingdom a hero. He was successful in his mission; he had obtained the cure for his people. Lance was victorious, but a long road to recovery would be awaiting his return in Bathelon.

-to be continued

OOC: Wow! Sorry if that wasnt a good closer but lets not forget that Lance was our protagonist and he just completed the mission he originally set out to accomplish. I wanted to focus on him as a narrator.

I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you! I feel like this has been one of the best rps I have ever participated in. It was my first group rp and I'm so happy with the experience and the things I've learned from it.

Oh my gosh though! Y'all have put so much dedication into this since January. I just can't thank you all enough.

Thank you for making this small dream of mine a reality and for being my dream team. (':

I will have the sequel thread and replies up tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread