Plagued by a Rose [concluded]

Kuvira woken up from her dream, she jolted up. alarmed to see Thronton watching her rest. she wondered when he arrived, how long she was, what happened in her absence. Her dream was more of a confrontation of her enemy's brother, something she would have to ignore at this time. there was more things to be done than wondering if he nightmares would haunt her for the rest of her life.

she relaxed herself with a soft sigh."Prince Thornton, I apologize for keeping you waiting." she said before actually look at him. sweat visibly on his face, the fear in his eyes. something was obviously wrong. she leaned towards him to touch his hands affectionly as if to soothe him. " Is something wrong? are you alright?" she asked seemily concerned for him.​

Thornton pulled his hand away from the queen. "Yes... something is." He paused and swallowed, "I cannot marry you, Queen Kuvira. I have done something dreadful...". He was pained by his own words, but he knew that a woman as good as Kuvira would never marry a man who killed his own father. Nevertheless though, she deserved the truth. "I killed King Thornton".

OOC: Short so we can move this a little faster xD

Kuvira was stunned when he removed his hand from her. he was so affectionate in the past. her eyes widened when he mentioned he could no longer marry her. she couldn't let him get out of her grasp, not when she was so close. it wasn't that surprising when he admitted his involvement to the disappearance of the king but she didn't say it. Instead Kuvira was empathetic as she reached out to touch his cheek.

" You are mine and I am yours from this day till the end. I will not leave you because of this, not even if you begged. I know how this feels and I will not let you go through this alone. Does anyone else know about this? she asked in a soft tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thornton carried a look of disbelief when Kuvira did not immediately rebuke him. He smiled warily to her when she touched his cheek and reached out to take her hands again. His face returned to a worried frown. "My own commander is investigating me", Thornton shifted, "and that damn Clementina overheard my conversation with him..."

His blue eyes stayed frozen on Kuvira's. He spoke, "It was an accident, my queen, but... I was about to kill him." He looked down in shame. "I don't know what to do about all of this. It's only a matter of time before they find his body". His face was horrified by the thought of it. He couldn't imagine how badly the mines must stench from the rotting flesh.

" Then that's where we'll start... We have to get rid of the body. There is no other way." she said, she knew that he would probably oppose of it yet there was nothing to do. she sat up straight already thinking of her strategy. she had covered murders multiple times, this will surely be the hardest one she'd face.

"First I need to know what you told the commander, we will have to make you an alibi for that day." she informed him. every move she would make was fatal and he could be convicted for treason. something that couldn't happen.​

Thornton was bewildered yet soothed in a sickening way by Kuvira's ideas. He was glad to know he had her support. He shook his h ead, "I know... we must dispose of it, but it will be... tricky". He didn't know how far the body could have fallen. He looked to her hands and then back to her eyes, "but we will handle it", added the king.

"I told the commander that the last time I saw the king was before your initial attacks on our lands... We only spoke briefly and I don't think I said much...", Thornton said. "Perhaps it will be best if we wait until the night to remove the body... can the Bathelon king be trusted? We may need his help...", asked her. He was still shaken by what he had done, and his thoughts were somewhat frenzied. He was lucky to have a cool headed person like Kuvira at his side.

She began to rub his hands gently. She was glad that he was more understanding that she expected. gracious that he was more level headed than his twin sister. when he finished his confession on what he told the commander she simply nodded. "Good, You need to cooperate with your commander, make him believe that you are willing to do whatever it takes to find your father. Tell you need to tell him what he wants to hear, willing to confess. You've been in a heat discussion with him, anything that sounds reasonable, he soon stormed off without another word to you not telling you his whereabouts. make it seem like he left the country., I can work on the bribery so the 'evidence' can be in our favor." she said thinking aloud.

Kuvira paused when he mentioned bringing alongside Lance. "The less people that know the better, but if you believe you are willing to trust him with this. I will not oppose." she said. in her point of view, ally was made for politics and trade not personal but she didn't say a word about her belief. Thornton still had innonce, something that she never had the chance to enjoy. she didn't want to be the one to take it away, soon enough he will learn his lesson. anyone could betray anyone.​

A voice was heard from the corner of the room. "As I told you, I can help."The voice was none other than Clementina, who had followed behind Thornton when he quickly dismissed her. She would quickly raise her hands, stopping anyone form speaking. "Listen.....You don't like me, and I sure as hell don't like either of you....But right now, the last thing the Rose lands need is civil war. Given our climate in Valpurina right now, we cannot afford it to escalate that far.....So, I am willing to offer help, if only to make sure things stay stable on the surface. "Clemenetina said to the both of them. "The Commander noted that several knights spoke to him about seeing Thornton on the day of his visit....No doubt, he'd have a record of that stored somewhere. You get me that, I can make sure that those that talked are silenced......Permanently. "Clementina told them. Given the womans look, it was obvious she would rather not be helping, but was most likely taking into consideration the bigger picture.

Clementina would then reach into her pocket for something, before handing it to Kuvira. "
Here. A Gesture of good faith. This is Yaro's location in Yunakai. You can send one of your agents, or Maeve, whoever you want, and inform him of his....living condition yourself. I can't right now, as I have to deal with the fact that we're dealing with rogue elements in our home. "Clementina said, hinting at the fact that their living conditions were a bit unstable at the time.

Osuin would nod to Cecile, before handing her a small bundle. It was Leather armor. It came with arm guards, leg guards, and hand wraps. It was light, but easily strong enough to withstand a few blows. "We'll keep this short today......I find that we meditate and focus better when our bodies are exhausted. It frees up our mind. No magic: Just physical combat. Let's begin. "Osuin said, getting into a defensive stance in his own armor.

His training method was calm, but firm. It prevented the practitioner from feeling frustrated, but refusing to allow said practitioner to quit. Osuin was not harsh, despite anything thrown at him: He was calm and reserved, merely pushing for Cecile to try harder.

Yaro looked towards the woman. " You're not in Valpurina, you're still in Yunkai..... Nephene here is our merchant contact. Shes crafted some of the best gear to grace the lands from her forge. I just wish she'd get rid of her creepy friend...."

"Hey, don't call him creepy! Naxus is a perfect gentlemen!...."Nephene said, absent-mindedly rubbing the Demon forger's head. The Demon was hard at work helping Nephenee craft her latest master piece.

(....and I'm done!)

Lance watched quietly as Cecile began laughing, and followed when she left. He hadn't really expected her to take an interest in the affairs. When they arrived where Kuvira and Thornton were talking with Ousin, the Bathelon king drifted to the edge of the room, the same thing Maeve had done after leading Lanister to the group.

He had no words for the situation, or for Lanister's outburst, as strange as it was to see the 'mature' assassin in such a state. A small glimmer of respect for Ousin appeared as the warrior quieted Lanister with one word. Lance glanced at Kuvira, guessing--no, knowing--that the order for attack did not come from her. Wasn't the queen's mother still alive? Pondering this, Lance watched Thornton depart.

Curious as Cecile accepted Ousin's training off, Lance followed them back to the gardens and sat on the sidelines, noting Cecile's form and any flaws he might catch for himself, in case he was called on to help.

The princess replaced her brother's armor with the leather armor given to her by the grand-master. It was lightweight and more comfortable, she thought. Cecile was completely caught off guard when Osuin then decided that they would only be using physical combat. The girl stood there looking dumbfounded as Osuin took a defensive stance. She hesitated, taking a step back before meekly imitating the grand-master's stance. Was he waiting for her to strike him? The anxiety was really getting to her.

Cecile had never participated in any physical combat outside of kicking and screaming. She had no idea what to do in this situation, and was embarrassed by Lance watching her. The hot sensation of blushing swept over her face, causing the princess to bite her lip in an attempt to stop it but it didn't help. She then fidgeted and scratched; she couldn't hold a steady stance to save her life. Finally, she broke her stance and pointed to Lance, "I can't with him sitting there watching me", she whined.

. . .

Prudence gave a big sigh of relief when she learned they were not in Valpurina. She breathed deeply and tried to make herself comfortable. Perhaps she was still exhausted from the events that had taken place, and pregnancy made most women at least a little crazy. She turned to the woman and her demon and smiled warily to them, "thank you for allowing me to stay in your home".

Her gaze then shifted back to Yaro, whose eyes she peered deeply into when she spoke, "and thank you for bringing me to safety... How long can we stay here? And you never did tell me what those people were attacking us for...", she said.

Lance sighed. "I'm not judging you. I had the same problem when I first started." He rose to his feet. "Do you want me to turn around, or help you? Ousin apparently decided you'd already had combat experience, and he hasn't even done an exercise to clear your mind so you can focus." While he wasn't planning on criticizing the warrior's training method, he found it was a lot different than what Dante had done.

"When Dante trained me--and Ousin probably knows of this technique--she always had me meditate and learn all that I could about my surroundings. While I wasn't as good as the elves themselves at delving into the minds of creatures, I still managed." Forgetting Ousin's presence, Lance sat cross-legged on the ground next to Cecile. "Sit, and close your eyes, and clear your mind. When you've done that, try and learn everything you can about your surroundings. From the largest bear to the smallest insect, from the greatest oak to the youngest sapling, and everything in between. And when you feel you've learned all you can, I want you to tell me. It's hard to explain just how it works, so I apologize for that."

Lance himself had already dropped into the trance-like state, and was somewhat startled at the vast arcane power surrounding Cecile. Noting that, Lance moved on to the rest of the garden. The small pinpricks of energy that noted sprites was a bit distracting, since Lance wasn't used to such a presence.

The rose princess reluctantly followed Lance's lead and sat next to him with her legs crossed as well. She sat up straight and closed her eyes, but one could see Cecile frequently peeking out at Lance, whose eyes were really closed. She tried thinking about the noises surrounding her, but didn't feel like she was focusing on "enough" aspects of the garden. She peeked into the garden too; keeping her eyes closed was difficult for her.

She sat there clueless while trying to decide if she had learned all she could. What did that even mean? The girl didn't feel like she had learned anything new about the garden. She decided it would be best to at least pretend to be learning; it would keep Lance happy. She squinted her eyes shut and tried to focus harder, but her internal commentary on everything never ceased.

After several minutes of silence past Cecile became lost in her thoughts ...literally. Instead of answering Lance, Cecile began a series of low chuckling sounds. She felt her thoughts becoming murkier and at last the girl's eyes opened with a blank expression. She continued chuckling, and it appeared she was looking at something, but she only seemed to be laughing at nothing to the other men in the garden. It also appeared that the princess had forgotten about the meditation session.

A sudden shift in Cecile's energy sent alarm bells off in Lance's head. He could feel the burst of dark magic radiating from her curse mark, and as that happened the girl began laughing. It was unnerving, to say the least.

At first, Lance hoped she had thought about something funny, but it soon became clear that the princess was not okay. Taking a deep breath, Lance prepared himself for something he'd never done to a conscious human being, something Dante had often advised against: delving into someone's mind. He struggled past the mental block that the curse was using to fog Cecile's mind and, once he found the glimmer of sanity he slammed mental walls up against the curse. Dante had had him perfect this technique on his own mind as well; in fact, they had spent more time on mental sharpness than physical.

At first, holding up the 'walls' was difficult, but as the curse began to wane Lance began to relax. When he felt the attack was done, he withdrew from Cecile's mind. As he did so, he discovered that he was absolutely exhausted. Cecile wouldn't've felt very tired, unless the curse was drawing on her energy.

Flopping back onto the grass, Lance sent a glare at Ousin. "Thanks for the help," he grumbled. "Anyways, if you're going to train Cecile, you need to start with a meditation technique to make her aware of her surroundings. Then you need to increase her reflex speed. Then you can teach her forms and styles of fighting, and defensive and offensive techniques. Finally, when she's skilled enough, you'll be able to spar. What you were trying to do just made no sense." Finished complaining, Lance rose to his feet and stretched, looking down at Cecile. "Are you okay?"

Osuin was watching the scene curiously. He had a small smile on his face as he saw how quick Lance was to help. When Lance explained his methodology to Osuin, The elven male would just sigh. "I had assumed that she'd have been taught even a basic form of self-defense. It would be generally senseless to leave a princess, especially a lone one, without any proper way to defend themselves. That is, unless...."Osuin would stop speaking, as his face would shift into a frown, though he already knew he hinted at what could be the reason that Cecile was left defenseless.

Unless they meant for her to be captured, and possibly killed.

Osuin would quickly shake his head, before looking over. "
It doesn't matter......this presents a new area of opportunity, however. Without an existing fighting style, it will be much easier to imprint my fighting style, without it conflicting with another. Also, that is a good idea, Lance, but I'd like to suggest a middle ground: Meditation first, then a few minutes of practice, then we continue with said meditation. It'd allow her to constantly test the environment after a battle, and would offer her a short reprieve from each training session."Osuin offered.

As he was talking Osuin was casting a spell over Cecile, trying to transfer the effects of the curse away from her, taking them on himself.

Yaro would look down at his hands. "My family challenged the reign of the current monarch, and the other families ordered our execution.....besides my aunt and cousin, who can't inherit due to marriage, I am the last member of my family. My elder brother, mother, and baby sister were killed....."Yaro said, before clenching his fist. "I should've done more......I'll make them all pay for what they've done."

(OOC: @Andraus I'm REALLY sorry but after mulling over this for two days I've decided I have to skip your post. Robyn and I were working on that scenario together as a trust builder for Thornton and Kuvira and I am not willing to abandon those ideas. You had already rejected the idea of including the Wilting Rose in the murder case when I asked you, so... I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but that's my choice here.)

@Robyn Banks

From within the king's bedroom the conversation between the king and queen went from confessions to planning the cover-up of a murder. Thornton held Kuvira's hands for a moment while she rubbed them. He still could not believe that he of all people would be dealing with an issue of this magnitude. He had spent his entire life living as a gentle soul. He released a frustrated sigh as he wondered what Cecile would think of him if she knew what he had done. The king shook the thoughts from his head and rose to his feet.

Thornton walked across the room where he came before a large window and peered outside. Dusk was now approaching, and the feast would be ready in a matter of hours. He spoke to her while remaining fixated on the outside, "I will do my best to smooth things over with the commander tonight at our feast. I'm sure he will be in attendance." Thornton knew the commander well, and knew that to change his mind would be a difficult task. He would just have to do the best he could, he decided as he anxiously stepped away from the window and began pacing the room once again.

He nodded as he listened to Kuvira's thoughts on including the Bathelon king. Thornton felt as though they would need more assistance than what only the two of them could provide to be successful. If Lance were willing to keep the truth away from Cecile, he would ask him to assist. Thornton made a mental note to speak to Lance at the feast.

Thornton returned to Kuvira's side and knelt next to the bed. "I will come for you tonight once everyone has gone to their beds. We will have to remove the body tonight before we can begin mining for the cure...", he said, peering into her eyes intently.

. . .

Lance was critical toward's Osuin's teaching methods, as he normally was regarding anything involving Cecile. Little did they realize, the grand-master was only trying to gauge Cecile's current skill level by observing her in action. He wanted to witness her posture and movements, and realized quickly that he was starting on a blank slate. Cecile had no current skill level.

While Osuin and Lance were talking, Cecile's eyes became less dull as her consciousness was protected by Lance and Osuin's actions. She emerged from the trance and blinked, "yes, I'm okay? All we're doing is sitting here...", she said. It became apparent that Cecile did not notice the moment of confusion. To her, nothing out of the ordinary had taken place. The girl wondered if Lance had been expecting the meditation to be challenging to her. "Are we finished meditating now?" she asked impatiently; she didn't want to commit anymore time to something she perceived as useless like meditation.

. . .

Prudence's allowed Yaro to speak without interruption. Her green eyes narrowed as he shared with her the tragic details surrounding his family's murder. She leaned forward and spoke in a low voice to Yaro, "I am so sorry for your loss...", her voice trailed. She felt awkward trying to redirect the conversation from sympathy to recruitment, but she knew it must be done. Yaro was the key to getting access to the Umbra Carcerem, and she could not risk losing this opportunity by allowing him to grieve. She decided to play into his livid anger and use that to her advantage.

The witch shook her head, "a true tragedy...", she added about his situation. Prudence then sat taller and began to rant about the monarchies. "This is why the monarchies must be eradicated. They have destroyed so many families over this very type of nonsense! Yet now they seek to rule over us with magic... it will only get worse from here the longer we allow it to go on."

Her expression became more determined as she went on. "I lost my family to the Rose Kingdom after they discovered our...talents." The witch lifted her hand and a small flame appeared at its center. It vanished. "I was spared for being a child, but I have never forgotten what they took from me."

A silence fell over the room as a small smirk spread over her lips. "Alone I cannot exact my revenge against the Rose name, just as alone you will likely never achieve justice for what they did to your family", she said and paused. "Yaro, you are another victim of the government's tyranny, but you are not alone. There are many of us who have suffered at their hands, and we intend to stop this injustice and find our own retribution for the suffering they've caused."

It was then that Prudence finished speaking. She carefully eyed Yaro, trying to gauge a reaction out of him. "I wish that you would join us. We could accomplish so much together."

Yaro looked up to Prudence, prepared to say no, or to ask why she believed she was any different, but he felt something....stir in him. Little did he know of the inner battle he was facing between his fractured soul. Mercy and Vengeance were clashing heavily, both believing that something needed to be done, but disagreeing on what path to take.

'She offers us the one chance we need to bring justice and hell down on their heads! We must accept, we need their help, and from that look in her eye, they need us.'

'-and what happens when they don't need us anymore? I agree, I want to see who made what happened happen brought to justice, but we cannot just go against the government like this!'

'We have wealth, we have our people, we have our training, and more importantly, we have whatever friends this woman has. The time for standing idle is done! I refuse to wait, while our enemies are on the march! If we are to hope to survive, to see our home survive, we must take the fight to them!'

'Yes, but....'

'But nothing! This is going to happen! I'm done doing for others, I'm done giving up my happiness to satisfy others.....I am doing this for me'

Yaro would open his eyes, and they'd be a sharp blue, as Vengeance took full control. Yaro would then look towards Prudence. "
You sound like how Troy used to talk, but....If I'm going with you.....If I'm putting all that I have left with you.....I'm going for blood. No law, no code of conduct. I will make this as simple as possible: You point me and push me in the right direction, or stay out of my way."Yaro said to her, his fist clenched. "If you do that......my blade, my wealth, and every person I can convince to join me? they're yours."Yaro said, literally offering the only thing he had left to give. Though he did mention one thing: A name.

Troy

Lanister would walk out towards Maeve, looking at the city below. "Fancy seeing you here, Yunakanian. Don't suppose you mind if we talk awhile?...."Lanister said, placing his arms on the edges. "I've been wanting to talk to you in private for awhile, since I last talked to him.....but now is as good time as any."Lanister said, before propping his arms up. "I wanna know what your relationship with Yaro is....I need to know you're not just twisting his heart to stab him in the back. "Lanister said. To anyone else, it might have been nosy, but Lanister was one of Yaro's closest friends, almost considered a brother to him. Lanister obviously was only looking out for him.

"Yaro was my pupil back in Valpurina....Even after he left, we kept in close contact. One thing he kept telling me he missed home for, despite his family? You. He wanted to see you again, but he knew that if he came, odds are it would just make it harder. Not just for him, but for both of you...."Lanister said, pulling off his hood and mask. "When what happened to his friends.....happened, he didn't know what to do, and when his family died, he was lost.....I'm guessing going back was the only thing he could do....."Lanister said, before looking towards her. "I don't know what is going on between you two, but I want to know if what is going on is genuine. My friend has suffered enough, I won't let him suffer anymore than he has too. "He said, showing actual concern for his friend. If this brought Lanister out of his normal egotistic shell, then obviously this was a very sensitive spot for him.

An unusual sight would be seen walking the streets of the capitol: A woman in full armor, carrying two swords, and a bow on her back. She was practically skipping through the crowds, not a care in the world for who she bumped into, or who stared at her. As she approached, the woman felt a stirring in the sword clipped to her waist. It's metal gave off an unnatural vibration to all those the weld it, except for the bonded pair. As if on que, the aforementioned sword stirred.

"
It has been over a week since I've been properly fed, can we please find someone and kill them?"

"Getting ahead of yourself again, Muramasa? C'mon, it's not that much farther, and I'm sure there are bandits or dissidents that the Idiot in the crown has to deal with. We just gotta play executioner."

"Ugh, that's not exciting, they already know it's coming...."

"It's still food for you, Muramasa. Take it where you can get it."

"~Sigh~ Fair point, Toriel."

"Call me that again, and I'll melt you for scrap. It's Troy."

"Of course it is.....Toriel."

"Ugh, I hate you sometimes...."

"Haha! you don't have the energy to hate! Which is shocking, because you seem to have the energy for anything else."

"Are you complaining, my oh so lovely companion?"

"Hmm.....nah, it makes killing people so much more enjoyable!"

As the two bantered in their minds, they came up to the gate of the palace. The woman named Troy simply rolled her eyes at it's extravagance, seeing it as an eyesore more than a piece of beauty. As she approached it, she was stopped by gate guards, each one bearing the royal colors. Raising an eyebrow, she would simply place a hand on her hip before grinning. "
Can I help either of you?"She asked looking at the two.

"What is a woman like you dressed in battle-garb for?! Those are meant for a man, not some girl playing soldier."

Troy would simply raise an eyebrow before, speaking up. "This is armor that I made sir, I am a Dragon hunter. I need access to the Castle, either way. I must speak with the Prince. "She said, trying to be as courteous as possible.

"You? A dragon hunter?! Don't make me laugh! Go play make believe somewhere else, child!"

Troy would simply roll her eyes, her smile still on her face, before she would grab the guards partner, and....flung him. He would go flying towards the Castle, rather high up. Troy would then dust her hands off, before turning towards the guard again, her smile only wider. "Can I go in now, or do you need a flying lesson too?..."

The guard simply stared at the fact that his partner had been flung such a far distance by the woman before, out of fear, he'd unlock the gate. "H-Here! The gate's unlocked, go right ahead! please don't hurt me....."

Troy would simply approach the male, much to his increased fear, before planting a kiss on his armored helm. "Thank you good sir!"She said, walking off, leaving the stunned guard at the gate. She barley kept herself from laughing at the stunned guards reaction, before cocking her head to the side, hearing her partner talk.

"Was that really necessary?..."

"Are you complaining? We got in."

"Touche, but first impressions are everything, and I think we just killed that one."

"Eh, he'll be fine. Probably sore as hell though."

Lanister would simply watch as a guard landed on the platform near them, groaning pain. "What the hell...?"Lanister said, before looking in the direction the male flew in from. He would soon plant his face in his hand. "Does Troy really have to hurt someone the MINUTE she shows up.......what am I talking about, she's Troy!"Lanister said, looking exasperated, but showing signs of a smile on his face.

@Trombone Geek @Enuky K

"I try my best to avoid doing such things, Lanister, but if my queen commands me do so then so be it. Yaro knows that, and you know that." Maeve kept her voice void of emotion as she spoke, but even so the slightest tremble made its way in. It couldn't be helped.

:Human emotions are so flimsy, are they not?: Kalamitat remarked. For once, Maeve agreed.

"I'm sure you understand, Lanister. Yaro does. But if I can keep from hurting him.. then I will do my best." And with that, the moment was ruined by a guard sent flying by some midget from below; Maeve peered over the balcony, down at the girl, apparently named Troy, and instead of taking the stairs like a sane person she chose to drop down onto part of the roof below and slide down, hitting the ground just in front of the girl and giving a friendly smile, even though she'd put her mask back on long ago.

"There are much better ways to get into a place.."

Lance was even more unnerved by the fact that Cecile didn't remember her bout of insanity, but didn't mention it. Instead, he stood and moved to the edge of the clearing again. "I'm just here to watch now," Lance said, nodding towards Ousin. He would let the grand-master take over again, even though he thought Cecile training as a full-blown warrior might've been a bad idea. Something lighter and faster seemed like it would be easier on the girl, with her small build.

OOC: I THINK Maeve and Lanister were in the fairy garden too? I honestly can't remember, but for simplicity that's where I'm putting them

Upon their initial arrival to the palace grounds, the palace was largely deserted. However, after just a few short hours smoke was rising from the chimneys, lights could be seen from the windows, and servants and groundskeepers were out and about tending to the castle grounds and preparing for guests to arrive. The castle was once again bustling with activity, and already word was spreading throughout the kingdom that the war was over.

From the fairy garden Cecile found herself embarrassed by her inexperience, and wanted desperately to escape Osuin and Lance's critical teachings. She knew that training would be necessary for her to ever become a powerful sorcerer, but with Lance there especially she felt self conscious. That was when all attention was diverted to a Rose knight who came toppling from above to the ground, and a young female came blitzing onto the scene right after. The energy of the sprites became sporadic as they fluttered about in a frenzy; the female's aura was also unusual to them. Cecile took the opportunity of a distraction and rose to her feet. She first bowed to Osuin, "forgive me, grand-master, but if guests are beginning to arrive I must prepare myself for the banquet". With that, Cecile took several steps backwards before turning and hurrying away, eager to avoid training.

As she made her way through the garden she came to the visitor who had already been joined by Lanister and Maeve. Cecile stopped before them and looked 'Troy' up and down. "You don't look like a guest", she commented boldly, gesturing to Troy's attire. Indeed the visitor was not dressed formally as guests were expected to be. The princess glanced to Lanister with raised eyebrows and waited for some sort of explanation. I didn't think any of Kuvira's guests were coming until tomorrow night...At least I won't have to train anymore for right now, thought the girl. There was much she needed to do to prepare, including a bath and a change of clothes into her formal Rose uniform. The banquet would be starting very soon now.

. . .

In the Yunakai shop Prudence listened to Yaro as if his words were music to her ears. Yaro's acceptance was a groundbreaking advancement for the resistance. Although the organization was still new and largely unknown, Prudence was confident that what Yaro could bring to the resistance would finally give them what they needed to ask for the Order of the Raven's allegiance. With the Order of the Raven by their side, the monarchies had much to fear. A smirk remained across Prudence's lips; everything was falling into place.

Her smirk seemed to falter when he mentioned the name Troy. She reflected briefly about the only "Troy" she knew-- from the orphanage, and wondered if it was the same girl. Deciding to ignore the coincidence, Prudence found herself unable to break away from Yaro's piercing blue gaze as he ranted on about his intentions with the resistance.

"I think all of that can be arranged", Prudence murmured and rose to her feet. "We will not show mercy to anyone of royal blood", she added, but paused. Her gaze sunk to her belly with a shameful expression before quickly returning to Yaro's determined eyes. This thing is the only thing standing in my way, thought Prudence bitterly as a more forced smile came to her lips. She sighed and continued, "but as you can see I am in a vulnerable state for the time being". The black-haired female blushed slightly as she rubbed her rounded belly, "I need to know that I will be protected at all times", she stated plainly.

"First you must escort me to Bathelon. The Order of the Raven has recently returned there, and we need their power on our team", she said. The woman appeared ready to leave and begin their journey.

Lanister would look over to Cecile. "This is an old associate of mine, we knew each-other in training. She is-"

"Big brother!" A small blur would dart past Maeve and Cecile, as the woman would envelope the man into a bear hug, picking him up in the air. Despite the light armor, it should've been hard to carry someone like Lanister, let alone the Rose knight. It easily showed her insane amount of strength. "Oh I missed you, missed you, misssssed yoooou! "She said, practically bouncing up and down, swinging the male around.

Lanister would just have a dark face, from a lack of air. "Air.....lungs.....breathe....."He tried to speak.

"Oh, sorry brother! "She would say, dropping him on the ground with a loud 'thud'. She would just have a goofy grin on her face as she would lightly rap her knuckles on her head. "Oopsy....I forgot how fragile you were sometimes."She said, helping him off the ground she had put them on. For someone that was trained as an Assassin, she looked NOTHING like the part.

Lanister would just stand, and dust himself off, giving a small smile to the female, before turning towards the others. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet my adoptive sister. Her name is Toriel-"Lanister would simply be cut off as a fist sent him back to the ground he was on. "OW!"

"I told you I hate that name, brother, I hate that name!" Troy said, a pout on her face, before she would look towards Cecile, and dart over towards her. "By the spirits, I love your hair! It's so pretty, especially in the sun! If you only had a dress matching color, you'd have men hanging off you like crazy!"She said, staring at Cecile up and down, her smile back on her face.

"Ugh, Troy, that's the Princess! Careful. "Lanister said, trying to stand.

"So what? She's still a person, and I still love her hair."She said, before looking towards Maeve, and darting over towards her. She would just look at her, before a devilish grin appeared on her face. "Oh I know who you are! I heard Yaro talk about you so much, I could spot you anywhere....You're Maeve, ain't you?"she said, a sly smile on her face, obviously having stories to tell. She would, however, look down towards her Sword, which everyone would hear.

"I thought I sensed a familiar aura......Kalamitat, is that you?"

Troy would just look surprised, before looking towards Maeve, a bigger smile on her face.
"I never heard this sour puss actually happy to see someone! I didn't expect to see another one here...."She would say, as she moved her eyepatch over her eye, revealing the Demon mark, a mark that symbolized a person who WILLINGLY bound themselves to a demon. She would then finally remember that she had not introduced herself. Kalamitat would be able notice that, due to the close bond between the blade and wielder, that Muramasa was much stronger and more well-fed.

"Oh! Where are my manners! First impressions, Troy...."She said, before backing up, and bowing. "My name is Troy Conners, wielder of the Demon Blade Muramasa, who you just heard. I am a former Assassin, Mercenary, Adventurer, and...."Her face would fall slightly, at the disdain at the title. "Expert Dragon-Hunter."

@Trombone Geek @Enuky K

Kuvira only nodded at his responses, beginning to sit up straight. she watched Thornton walk to the large window, admire the sunlight that hit his face. Yet she simply did say another word. when he returned to her side, she simply nodded before a guard walked in. " Your Majesties, a guest has arrived to the castle." he said. Kuvira arose from the bed, hesitant if she should show affection or not but decided to leave it alone. " Until Tonight Prince Thornton." she commented before departing.

She was lead to the Fairy Garden, to see Lannister get punched by a girl playfully on the shoulder, surrounded by Maeve, Cecile, and Lance. She rolled her eyes from a far. Pleasant more of Lannister's uninvited Guests, must be my lucky day. she thought. She put on her usual false smile soon approaching the group. "Dragon Hunter huh? Well that seems quite interesting since there are no dragons to hunt well... one actually. but that would be a criminal offense in my country unless there was a reason for it." she announced making sure that her presents was known. she turned to Lannister, her smile slightly remaining. " I see you have brought along more guests." she said in a tone that obviously had a bit of sass. " No matter. everyone should probably get prepped and ready for the feast." she suggested but it sounded like more of an order. " In fact I'll escort you to the chambers you can change it, providing A few outfits for both of you." she still had hospitality though she was sure that trouble was going to arise quite soon. she didn't want to leave the two alone, she didn't trust them.

Troy would soon dart over in front of Kuvira, looking her in the eyes, not a care who she was talking too or the fact that doing so was considered disrespectful, her pinkish hair swaying behind her. " The last dragon I killed was over a month ago. It was a male Boartusken Swamplurk, after it attacked a nearby settlement harvesting spider-silk from the marsh."Troy said, before pulling her clothing and standard steel armor out of the way. Once she would, everyone would see that a mail of scales were placed under it, for added protection.

Dragon Scales.

"
I swear, the acid shredded the last set of scales I had, I had to completely rebuild them from scratch after that...But I did learn more about dragon's from it! I didn't know that Dragon's could use their own bile as a corrosive material. Acid was not something I encountered before. "She said, leaning in close to Kuvira. She cocked her head to the side, before speaking up. "You're....Kuvira, correct? the same noble person-thingy that my adoptive brother grew up with?"She asked, not even needing an answer.

She would then reach over, and
flick Kuvira in the head. It wasn't particularly painful, just the fact that she did it at all. She had a pout on her face.

"
One, that was for yelling at Yaro when he left to make his own life! and Two, that was because HOW IS YOUR SKIN SO FLAWLESS!? Your people are called dragon's, for crying out loud, shouldn't you have burn marks or scars?"She asked, looking at Kuvira left to right, envy in her voice. "I'm his adoptive sister, Troy. Pleasure to meet you, Kuvira."She said, before reaching into her bag. She would then hand Kuvira something.

A leather bound, magically protected
Journal.

"
This little bundle contains everything I know, and all my theories, on the Dragon-kind. I know your people have little to go on than old stories, so I am letting you borrow it. "She said, obviously making a peace offering, given the fact that Dragon-hunters and Yunakanians don't mix. "Don't bother trying to destroy it, it's magically protected to resist even Dragon fire. Also, don't worry about losing it. I have a tracer crystal so I can find it, even when lost. "She said, before looking down.

"
I also politely refuse dresses. I am a normal person, not a doll. I don't get why people dress up so fancy for things like food...."she said, obviously preferring her warrior garb.

@Robyn Banks

OOC: "I dont wanna do a lets get ready scene" DX -proceedstoletsgetreadysceneanyway-

The group was joined shortly thereafter by Thornton. He entered the garden, stepping past the group and heading towards Lance and Osuin. He approached the men who were quietly watching everything from a distance. Thornton smiled slightly while greeting the new king.

"Would you like to join me, Sir Lance? You look like you could use some fresh attire", he said, noting Lance's tattered clothing. Before waiting for a response from Lance, Thornton bowed dismissively to Osuin and lead him away. Thornton and Lance then left the garden and went into the palace.

Thornton brought Lance to his own quarters. He opened a large wardrobe and began sifting through the clothes for something Lance could change into. Most of the clothes were colored in royal tartan but at last he came to a black watch kilt and cape. It was the tartan worn by Emerald Thorns and other knights when trying to remain hidden. "Try this", he said and handed the clothing to Lance. He then crossed the room and lifted a sword laying across his desk, "and I believe this is yours?" It was Dante's sword. Thornton lifted the sword gently between his hands; it was much lighter than he would have guessed given its large size.

His attention turned back to Lance then as he awaited a response from the Bathelon leader. He was eyeing Lance carefully while trying to decide if he could be trusted or not. @Trombone Geek

Cecile watched Kuvira and Troy's greeting and became visibly annoyed by Kuvira's commanding presence. Who was she to "escort" anyone around her palace? While Cecile reflected on this question the situation escalated. Troy was throwing a fit and then she actually flicked Kuvira! Now a smirk came to Cecile's lips as she resisted the urge to laugh.

The princess stepped forward, injecting herself into the encounter and interrupting each of them. "Nice to meet you", she said while grasping the dragon hunter's hand and shaking it firmly. She then gestured to Kuvira and spoke sarcastically.

"Since Kuvira here knows the palace so well she will be happy to show each of you to your rooms! Now if you will excuse me; I need to tidy up myself", she said.

She turned to face Kuvira and started to leave. She grinned at the queen as she passed her and muttered, "they are all yours".

Cecile then crossed the palace and went to her room. It was next to Thornton's, but she was unaware that the two men were right next door to her. Cecile opened her wardrobe and stood eyeing the clothes. She had not worn her "proper" attire in a long time.

Her hand brushed the pleated skirt of her uniform before she removed it to examine more closely. Would it still fit? Hesitantly she switched into the highland dress and stood before a tall mirror. The princess did a quick twirl to watch her form.

There were few skills the girl possessed, and highland dancing was one of them. While Thornton was taught combative skills and academics, Cecile was schooled in the art of dance. It had been a year since she last danced, realized Cecile as she dropped to the floor and slipped on her stockings and shoes. Finally she retrieved her tartan sash and started to secure it around her body but was soon reminded she no longer had her brooch. The girl tied the sash in a knot instead and looked herself over once more.

The smell of cooked food was beginning to spread through the castle; it was at last time for the feast to begin.

Lance watched the newcomer warily, but Thornton quickly arrived to escort him somewhere where the king could don something more fitting for a feast. He nodded to Thornton's request and followed quietly.

When they arrived in the Rose prince's chambers, Lance leaned against the wall, watching Thornton rifle through his closet in search of something that would fit Lance. He cocked an eyebrow at the.. kilt. Lance was sure he'd looked ridiculous in that.. thing. It surely looked hideous from his point. How did the Rose kingdom stand such things? Wearing skirts was something women did.

Realizing he'd stared for a moment too long, Lance awkwardly shuffled over to take the kilt and cape, eyeing it with the slightest distaste but deciding it would be better than what he was wearing now. Much better. Shrugging and deciding it couldn't hurt, Lance moved into a different room to change, and felt ridiculous when he emerged. Walking wasn't restricted like it would be were he wearing an actual skirt, but it still felt wrong.

Hoping he'd put everything on correctly, Lance moved to the desk as Thornton indicated Dante's sword. The king stared at it for a moment, silent.

"Thank you for the hospitality, Thornton," Lance said as he lifted Dante's sword and wishing there was a harness or sheathe for it somewhere. It'd be much too heavy and cumbersome like that, though; Dante usually carried it in one, but it seemed she'd lost hold of it while possessed.

"Is there a place I could put this until I leave, or should I leave it in here?"

As soon as Lanister was distracted, Maeve disappeared into the shadows, observing the newcomer and avoiding any interaction with people. As the arrogant hunter reached out and flicked Kuvira, Maeve growled, but kept to herself, glaring from behind her mask at Troy. ((Sorry, not much to put here.))

Thornton chuckled slightly as he observed Lance's uncomfortable behavior. However, he was not surprised by his reluctance to adopt the kilt as most visitors of the Rose Kingdom were surprised by the attire. When Lance returned from the large bathroom attached to Thornton's room he laughed again at the look on his face and patted him heavily on the back, "don't worry; you'll fit in just fine", he said, his expression still amused.

"You may leave the sword here, if you wish", Thornton commented idly as his lips curved back into the form of a frown. Thornton crossed the room and peered out a large window. The window faced the back side of the castle grounds and there was a beautiful view of the Rose Mountains from there. He glanced back to Lance, "if you don't mind, there is a matter I would like to discuss with you...".

Thornton turned to fully face the king. He was holding his hands behind his back, "but Cecile is to know nothing of this", he said. Thornton would not debate this decision, and if Lance were unwilling to keep the truth from his sister he would not share the information with him.

"Can I trust you to leave her out of this?" he asked. The sound of distant bells could be heard from another area of the palace, signifying that the feast was prepared. Soon noble warriors and knights would be arriving for the festivities.

Users who are viewing this thread