Plagued by a Rose [concluded]

Cecile laughed at Lance's question, "well, I was raised here", she said. She felt that would be enough to answer his question. Thornton and Cecile had spent a significant portion of their childhood in that garden; as a prince and princess they weren't allowed to wander freely outside the castle for safety reasons. Without another word on the subject Cecile sat up to watch the spectacle taking place across the garden. Kuvira, Lanister, and her brother appeared to be having a heated discussion, and the next thing she knew they were being greeted by a man and woman Cecile did not recognize. The princess watched on while trying to gather what was happening as best she could from the distance away they were.

The rose prince was relieved to see Kuvira so readily accept the bargain of Lanister's, although he felt a slight pang of guilt for Admiral Lenin. Thornton took a protective step closer to the queen after the arrival of Yaro and Maeve, however; he chose to let Kuvira lead the discussion as she seemed informed and capable enough to do so. He was admittedly confused by Yaro. His demeanor suggested he was an enemy, but he was pledging his faith to the Yunakai.

Kuvira rejected the strange man's allegiance, and Thornton did not stop him from leaving the scene. Once Yaro had left Thornton turned back to the queen. "Shall I show you around your new home?" he asked. He felt his queen needed a break from the political events of the day. He took her hand and began leading her about the castle. Thornton, Lenin, Maeve, and Kuvira made their way across the garden and entered the castle from a different entryway than they had come.

Once they entered the castle Thornton spoke to a lone castle servant about preparing the festivities, and the servant bowed and went to alert the other maids and begin preparing. There would be a great feast prepared soon. The group then took a series of hallways and stairwells before making it to the King's quarters. It was an entire level of the castle used just for the king. It had a kitchen, bath, and an enormous bedroom. The room was perfectly tidy because it had not been used by the king. It was weird being there to Thornton.

"This suite will be yours, Kuvira, and ours once we have been wed", he said.

In the garden Cecile and Lance were still resting in the grass. Cecile was glancing around as he tried to gauge how many sprites were there, and inwardly hoped he would give a numerical answer. When at last he answered she laughed to herself and rose to her feet. She grasped at her scepter which hung from her back with her broomstick and disappeared. "Invisibilia."

The invisible princess made a dash into the garden where she hid among the vibrant plant life. Playfully, she antagonized Lance from where she could not be seen. Lance was still seated in the grass. Cecile then motioned her scepter in his direction and cast an ignitus spell, sending a small fireball at him that missed and died quickly on the ground. Sprites went busy to work repairing the charred grass, and Cecile waited to see how Lance would respond to her child-like antics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maeve sighed. "Yaro, with my duty to the queen, I'll be forced to fight against you if you attack her. Don't make promises you might not be able to keep," she replied as she walked alongside him. She settled her mask back onto her face as they approached the castle.

She quietly listened to Kuvira's scathing words towards Yaro, noting how Kuvira seemed disgusted with Maeve's choice. She would've spoken up to assure Kuvira of her loyalty, but Yaro suddenly handed his dragon to her. Taking AveNix, Maeve patted it gently and watched Yaro draw his sword. She tensed, ready to block an attack at a moment's notice, but realized she didn't have to. The grip Yaro's hand had on his blade was wrong for attacking, as he'd grabbed it from underneath, something many Yunakaiain soldiers had taken to doing when pledging something. It let them forgo the awkward turning of the blade, and simply plunge it into the ground. Which is exactly what Yaro did, before dropping to one knee.

Many of the nobles who had ordered Yaro's family's execution were dead already, taken out by Wyrthriel with very secretive orders. This had been blamed on a powerful, unnamed individual who simply didn't exist, and had been 'killed' by Yunakai's soldiers. Only a few still remained, and some of them were reaching old age even when Kuvira took the throne.

Kuvira rejected Yaro's proposal. Maeve understood why, and while she wasn't happy about it, she kept silent. Handing AveNix back to Yaro, Maeve was surprised by Kalamitat's rousing. She felt it focus on the two beings standing beside Yaro. She could tell which 'side' was saying what beforehand, and it was only made more obvious by this rare display of the physical appearance of a soul. She said nothing as Yaro went, only staring after him before turning to Kuvira.

"Despite his promises.. If he does something to harm you, then I will kill him. If you order me to, I will kill him. Don't let my actions make you think my loyalty runs stronger for him."

Lance followed Cecile's gaze, but didn't comment on the events she was watching. It wasn't long before the Yaro and Maeve had parted, with Yaro leaving and Maeve moving to Kuvira's side. The group soon disappeared into the castle. He faced Cecile again as she stood, and watched with surprise as she disappeared. Not too long after that, a harmless ball of fire shot at him from a random location out in the garden.

Grinning slightly, Lance jumped to his own feet, and dashed off into the garden himself. Despite not being able to see Cecile, he did his best to detect any signs of where she was and lose her in the garden. His training and instincts allowed him to quickly disappear among the more dense part of the garden. From there, he scaled a tree, peering down towards where he thought Cecile was.

As Cecile moved, the slightest rustle alerted Lance to her location. Moving to the opposite side of the tree, Lance took a leap into the branches of another, until eventually he was just behind Cecile. Carefully and quietly, Lance moved towards the edge of a branch, until he suddenly 'fell' out of the tree, softening his landing with a roll that carried him right behind the princess, where he reached out as if to grab her in a hug of sorts, the easiest way to keep her from escaping. Whether or not he grabbed empty air was up to the princess.

"I'm sorry, Pru, we just don't have enough support here in Valpurina. None of our rallies have generated sufficient interest; the citizens of Valpurina are unwilling to act against our governance."

Thunder struck as the black haired female made her way through a forest trail. Her hair was long and frizzy, falling about her sides. Instead of her usual witch attire, she dressed more like a servant in a worn, white dress. It was more snug in fit than her witch gowns, and now the slightly rounded form of her belly was visible. The woman appeared to be expecting a child.

"Then we will have to gather our support from elsewhere."

"Pru... where could a few orphans like us possibly find enough support to overthrow a kingdom?"

A heavy downpour of cold rain began and Prudence quickened her pace through the forest. She had neither her wand nor her broomstick with her; she would have to seem as harmless as possible where she was going. However, she hated the feeling of being vulnerable without those important items. Finally, the woman was out in the open once again as the forest opened up into a village.

"The Order of the Raven."

"The Order of the Raven? In Bathelon? What business would they have with us?"

"True, we would have to offer something great in return."

"Like what?"

"Umbra Carcerem"

The Umbra Carcerem was an ancient tale believed to be a myth by some. Legend had it that long ago the lands became overrun with demonic entities and malicious spirits. It eventually forced the Wilting Rose to intervene. The Wilting Rose set out on a difficult mission capturing as many of these malicious spirits as they could. The captive spirits were then imprisoned in a great forest. To ensure the demonic entities would never escape, the grand masters at the time put all of their powers together to perform a massive gravitational spell. The land of the prison was scraped of the earth and sent to the heavens; where it would float for eternity never to be seen again. Umbra Carcerem, The Shadow Prison.

"That is a myth!"

"Is it?"

At last the witch reached her destination: Yaro's home. She knocked at the door and walked around the building searching for any signs that the former Wilting Rose assassin was present. It soon became clear to her that he was not. Muttering to herself, the girl resisted the urge to use magic to break into the home. She was soaking wet and freezing cold, but such a move would destroy any chances of him trusting her. Instead, the witch made herself as comfortable as she could in a small barn behind the home that was opened. The barn was leaky and old, but it was better than being outside. The girl shivered and curled up on the straw that was scattered about the ground. Although disgusted by the creature within her, the witch was confident that he would take pity on a pregnant "peasant" shivering in the cold. She would await Yaro's return.

tumblr_muzbfwGZyW1rk5jbto4_250.gif

"I know Maeve..." though Maeve was silent and didn't say anything against her decision she didn't regret it. the two sides of Yaro only proved that she wouldn't know what she was going up against or when. it was better for her to play it safe rather than causing a civil war against houses. She knew it would be a matter of time before the elders arrived to her throne room to complain about the situation at hand. something she didn't want to think about at the time.

she was soon comforted by thornton's comforting words. his low voice seemed to soothe her in a way she couldn't explain. Kuvira gave him a false smile
" Yes, that sounds pleasant" she said whilst he took her hand, taking away from the lavish rose garden into the castle. she knew their relationship would be bittersweet yet she wasn't quick to conclude anything after all they only matter each other in the matter of hours. the palace was more vast and deserted than she expected, fewer servants and empty spaces possibly for reason she didn't understand though it didn't change the beauty of the environment around her.

as the Prince commanded the servant to prepare for a feast brought out a more sincere smile to her face. she couldn't remember the last time she had a hearty meal that actually satisfied her taste buds. though she wished her ladies in waiting back in Yunkai wouldn't be in the rose kingdom until tomorrow when everything was prepared and ready. she continued to follow him through the pathways until they entered a lavished chamber. it was dazzling in every way imaginable. but one picture caught her eye. a woman with jet black hair and light blue eyes. she was ravishing. she hestitated to touch it but figured it was best not to. she turned to thornton.
"thank you. this room is charming. makes me excited to rest my head tonight."she commented.seeing the awkwardness on his face. she cleared her throat. "Why don't we talk about the distribution of the cure. the sooner it's done the less people will be infected by it."

Morgana-villains-23624298-361-299.gif

regina tapped her fingers on the golden throne. her face seemed unamused when the old geezers emerged from the shadows and into her presence, she already knew the reason the news were buzzing through the kingdom faster than they speak of sound in her opinion. she simply crossed her legs with a smirk on her face. "is there a problem?" she asked as if she was oblivious to the matter at hand. the men's faces seemed stern and unfazing. as one of them approached. " Queen Kuvira promised us the elimation of the lineage and what did we see? A descendant standing on his balcony with a dragon around his shoulder."

Regina lifted up her hand as a sign for him to hold his tongue, she arose soon after. " yes I understand that one of the lineage has escaped the flames but no matter. we all know how repulsive their house was and I will make sure that on behalf of my beloved child. that Yaro wull be executed but may I ask did anyone figured to kill him yourselves?" the group fell silent, reflecting their actions. "really now. as you say he was merely standing on his balcony with no weapon but a small dragon that may not even know how to blow its own frost. yet you took no actions? pity." she called forth a soldier who knelt before her. "burn the house where Yaro was last seen with everything in it. I don't want another one running about in Yunkai. for the boy, order the Wythriels to hunt him down and bring him to me alive. I want to discussion some business with him."

"but what about is dragon? They are a powerful creatures. as well as endangered. it's possibly bound to him." one of the elders informed her. she turn her smirk unfading. "Dragons have been killed by men before. it was even a sport, an award. it wouldn't be a problem. besides, the world live without one less dragon in the world." she replied. she sat back in her throne. "now leave my presence, unlike this I have more important things to think about." they soon bowed and departed. she gave out a deep sigh. she was more worried about the infected than some mere boy. she prayed Kuvira would return with something to aid her or she feared she would be infected well. so far everyone in the palace was safe and people who weren't were condemned and lookd in a room with the other impure civilians. the rats that were spotted were killed on sight. it seemed harsh but it was working effectively so far.​

As he left through the void-gates leading to Valpurina, Yaro spoke to a couple of soldiers from there. Given that his House lacked proper defenses at the moment, it would be best to have trained soldiers/assassins to protect what Yaro couldn't. Getting a total of twenty guards, more than enough to defend his house if need be. It was a sensible choice, but Yaro had a gut feeling that he'd need it somehow. After arriving back home, Yaro looked towards the guards. "Stay out of sight, but plant magical mines around my home: Lightning, Fire, Ice, whatever. Make sure no entrance is left undefended, but keep out of sight. Make it seem like we're undefended. "Yaro said, as the guards went to complete their duties.

Walking over, he heard his horse start to whine uncomfortably, before walking into the barn. Inside, he saw what appeared to be a woman bundled up in rags, hiding out the dreary weather. Yaro's hand immediately went to his blade, before he would not draw it. Instead, he would speak up. "
You there. Keep your distance......are you alright?"Yaro asked, unsure if this woman was affected by the plague or not.

Lanister sighed mentally as he looked at what had happened. He had expected it, but for Kuvira to act so fool-hardy.....those two rulers were meant for eachother. Looking over towards Lance, Lanister would speak up. "I am going to go and get some business done, My lord. I should not be long. Take care, and stay safe: The both of you. "He said, bowing to both him and Cecile, as he left for Valpurina.

20 of the kingsmen arrived with arrows of flames in their hands. one of the guards stood out among the rest, making it clear that he was the captain. this causes from some whispers to arise as people walked out of their homes to see what the matter was about. " By the order of the regent queen. this home will be burned to the ground by the flames of Rhoylls' holy grace." as he spoke the men summons a whirlwind of flames on the mansion. Wythriel members stayed hidden in the trees awaiting for one of them to spoke the owner of the estate. "the night is dark ad full of terrors but the flames will burn it all away." the captain recited one of the prayers ordered by the high priestess herself. "burn every property that is under their house's name." the bystander just stood and watched at a distance as the mansion was engulfed in flames. five of the men began to part to cover more ground.

Yaro would see his Mansion begin to be engulfed in flames, his eyes filled with pure terror. Using ice magic, he began putting them out, but with every flame, two more spout up. Instead of dealing with this himself, Yaro had a few of the guards take care of it. Yaro himself was holding his chest, as this made him relive his most horrible memory of his life....

....Flames enveloped the forest. The body of the three stood on the ground in front of him, where as behind the bodies stood the husk of his former friend, with a demon glint in his eye. A maniacal laugh would shoot out from his mouth, before he began lashing out towards Yaro, desperate to save his friend from Demonic possession, raised his blade at the charging figure.....

Yaro's eyes would change from the memory, going to their cold blue color as Vengeance took over. Mercy hid deep in his body, as he walked towards where the flames shot out from. Yaro would then reach out his hand towards an encroaching Kingsmen, before grabbing him by the throat. Yaro would stare into the eyes of the man.

"wha......What are you?!"

"...I am your Death."Yaro said, before twisting his hand, snapping his head clean of the neck. Tossing the body towards the rest, Yaro would proceed to draw his sword, before he would slowly walk over, running his blade through the stomach of one, and using his body to block arrows and magic shot at him. Yaro kept his eyes out for the trees, knowing that 20 soldiers would hardly be all that were sent to attack him, before roaring at them all. "GO AHEAD!!! HIDE IN THE SHADOWS!!! LIKE IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! "Yaro yelled, as he continued to combat the kingsmen.

Lanister would already be approaching Yaro's home, before seeing the pillar of smoke shooting out from the spot. Fearing the worst for his student, Lanister immediately jumped into the trees, before making his way towards the fire. Seeing that there were people hiding, Lanister would lift up his wrist, aiming his crossbow at the back of one, before shooting them in the back, trying to get the jump on at least one. He would keep moving, as to avoid being spotted quickly. He knew he had a small window of time, he just hoped that he could help.

Yaro would look over towards those approaching his burning home, before signaling with one hand. The Five that had been approaching would see guards/assassins come out of their hiding spots, aiming to kill the soldiers where they stood. Yaro would look above as he started slashing towards another soldier, using ice as a shield. "NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM KILLING YOU ALL! NOT MEN! NOT SOLDIERS! NOT ANYTHING!"Yaro yelled, trying to stay ahead in the fight.

wythriel assassins in the trees throw chains fro opposite sides as yaro made his outbursts. wrapping around his body from his arms to his feet, beginning to pull causing Yaro to fall on the ground. they began to drag him away in a poof of smoke, doing their best not to release him by any means. while the guards casted spells against Yaro's soldier, many fell. the prayer still buzzed through the air as the house continue to turn into ashes. bystanders still watching intensely, some even participating in the solemn prayer.

the barn was the next to go as the guards casted a burst of fire from their wands, soon realizing a woman with child inside. "Should we take her out?"

"The queen commanded that everything burns with their property. we can take no choices. may the bright flames of Rhollys burn brightly in her soul."
one of the guards locked the barns doors, making sure nothing got in or out as the others continued on. the sight was filled with awe but also for a sign of warning for the others citizens. one would dare go against the high priestess or they knew their fate would be the same.

The princess was sitting along the side of a wide tree trunk. After running from Lance, the girl weighed her options and realized that by moving she would inevitably be caught. The girl decided that her best bet was to remain still and quiet, although it was still not enough to prevent the king from detecting her. Cecile was a sitting duck peering out into the garden and expecting to see Lance eventually appear. Unfortunately for her he had already arrived, and was right above her in the trees listening carefully for even the slightest of sounds.

A split second before Lance grasped Cecile from behind she heard a snap in the tree branch and started to bolt, but she was too sluggish and Lance too swift for her to evade his capture. She yelped in surprise and reappeared after losing control of her invisibility spell shortly after. Cecile's face became bright red; it had taken Lance no time at all to locate her. She struggled momentarily to escape before giving up in a pout. A dirty idea came to Cecile's mind. She leaned forward, cupping her curse mark with her hand and grimacing while crying out as if in severe pain by it. Lance impulsively released her; unsure of whether or not he had caused her "pain", and Cecile took advantage of the moment of confusion by gripping her staff from behind her back.

"Gravitate inferno", she called out and gestured the staff in his direction. Suddenly, Lance would find himself weighted down against the force of gravity. He stumbled in surprise as the spell took effect and Cecile began snickering at him. He could still move, but his movements would be slow and sluggish now. Cecile took off in the opposite direction; now she was much faster than Lance although there was no telling how long or short the spell would last.

. . .

From the barn Prudence maintained a fearful expression when Yaro entered. As expected, Yaro demanded to know who she was and why she was there. She sat up and turned to answer him, but suddenly the Azarus was under attack. "God dammit", Prudence muttered as he jumped into the action. She wished she had brought her wand. Prudence decided to stay put in the barn and let Yaro handle the attack. She did not want to reveal her powers to him just yet.

This proved to be a fatal decision when the Yunakai soldiers slammed and locked the door to the barn. Prudence jumped to her feet and went to try and open the door, but the suffocating smell of smoke flowed into the barn. It was on fire! For a moment Prudence circled the barn in panic. Her mind was racing in attempt to find a solution to this. There was no way out.

Prudence then took to etching a wide circle in the dirt floor of the barn. She frantically added a series of lines and designs to it until she had an intricate Celtic knot drawn. The girl put her hands together and stepped into the circle. Closing her eyes she began to chant softly,

"Craft the spell in the fire;

Craft it well; Weave it higher.

Weave it now of shining flame;

None shall come to hurt or maim.

None shall pass this firey wall;

None shall pass. No, none at all."

The fire that was just beginning to eat through the barn doors then moved in a strange way. Flames began spinning around the woman, creating a sphere of fire but remaining safely along the circumference of the circle. Prudence could not leave her protective circle. She stayed there with her eyes closed and her mind willfully controled the fire. However, this was a very difficult spell and surrounded by such high heat Pru was unsure of how long she could maintain it.

When Cecile yelped, Lance instinctively released her, only to realize at the last moment that Cecile had fooled him. When the princess grabbed her staff, Lance's wariness jumped high and he tried to disappear into the brush again, only to trip as his body became sluggishly heavy. While Dante's training him with heavy armor helped him stagger to his feet, the king had no chance of catching Cecile again, especially in the same manner he had. She would be on guard.

He watched as Cecile ran away, and followed at a slow walking pace. He kept it the same as the spell lifted, making sure to face Cecile even as the distance between them grew. Eventually, though, Lance knew Cecile would be too far away to hear. Thankfully, she wasn't focusing on remaining quiet; only escaping.

At last, during Cecile's run, the princess at made the mistake of circling around. While still a good distance away, Lance knew he could catch her then. Thankful for the spell's wearing off, Lance was quick to move to the left to intercept Cecile. At the same time, he took a diagonal path so he would end up just ahead of her.

When he reached where he wanted to be, he hid in the bushes, watching as Cecile ran straight towards him. Unable to keep from smirking slightly with triumph, Lance grabbed Cecile around the waist and lifted her onto his shoulder as she ran into him.

"Got you again, Cecile," Lance said, shifting slightly to make holding the princess more comfortable. "Or have you got another trick up your sleeve?"

Cecile was pleased that her idea to get away from the prince had been successful, but soon found herself disappointed as Lance was once again able to locate and catch the girl. She huffed from his shoulder in another pout; she knew Lance would never fall for such a cheap trick twice. "Put me down", she whined in protest while withering about to try and make him lose his grip of her. She couldn't reach her staff from such an angle, and was at a loss for any other ways to try and escape.

At last the girl relaxed in a slump. A person of her skill level was child's play for Lance. "How do you always do that", she then asked. There was a slight grumble to her tone as she wondered how it was he could navigate so stealthily.

. . .

@Robyn Banks

Thornton was relieved to see Kuvira appeared impressed by the Rose Palace. When they made it to the king's quarters he was even more relieved that the queen was happy with it. Then the situation of course took a political turn, and Kuvira brought up the cure. Thornton stiffened at the realization that he and others would have to visit the mines. The mines where the king was rotting. Chills came over Thornton as he fumbled for an excuse to avoid the subject entirely.

"Of course, my lady...", he began scanning the floor with his eyes. They soon returned to Kuvira's gaze, "I will have to see to it that our men resume operations of the mine first...". The mine was shut down shortly after the Rose Kingdom had ridden itself of the plague, and had not been used since. Internally the prince was sweating. He made a plan to visit the mine late in the night in secret and assess the situation before allowing operations to resume.

"I promise, my queen, I will speak to the commander and by tomorrow the cure will be yours", he said. He kissed her hand and bowed to her. "Now if you will excuse me, I should find the commander right away", he said. Her appeared nervous and eager to leave.

The young Elven Grand-master watched as the two enjoyed the calm before the brewing storm. Though his religious teachings told Osuin to preserve such innocence, he knew it was not to last. Wilting Rose.....their name said it all. A Beauty, corrupted by the influences around them.

It was a sad unfortunate truth, but it was one that Osuin had long come to accept. His belief was that, for every bit of darkness he took upon himself, Osuin felt that the world around him was a brighter place, and when he eventually died, he would have saved the world from a whole great darkness itself, dragging it down into hell with him.

To him, Redemption was death.

Even as these thoughts plagued him, Osuin could not help but smile as the two enjoyed their time of peace. It was a time they would not have forever, and one that should be cherished. But for now, Osuin had work ahead of him. Walking through the Palace, he quickly maneuvered his way through, until he found the room that Kuvira and Thornton were in.

"
I'm sorry.....Is this a bad time? I was hoping to discuss some thing with you both." Osuin said. He had more tact, and a hell of a lot more restraint than his two compatriots, but that was mainly due to his teachings. He maintained the look of perfect calm and politeness, even if he felt at unease. It was this way he managed to maintain friendly relationships with the people he knew. Though they'd never truly get close to the Elf, He was sure he'd leave the best impression possible.

Yaro felt the chains dragging him away, panicking as he looked for an Escape. He could try to free himself via magic, but he didn't have water, nor enough time to melt the chains. He needed a liquid.....a Liquid....

The blood on his head from his own wounds gave him an idea: His own blood!

Biting his lip, Yaro spat blood on his hand, until he felt....strange. Almost as if he was using a new power source, but it made him feel....weak. Little did Yaro realize he stumbled upon a VERY forbidden art, one that many in Yunkai would consider Black magic of the highest degree. It was a magic taught to many by demons, and accidentally discovered by the rest in times of danger.

Blood Magic. The Forbidden school of magic, teaching the using of Life-force as a more powerful substitute to Mana.

Using this newfound power source, Yaro tried to snap the chains with fire, and was surprised to see the chains 'snap' from the quick dark red flame. Pushing himself up, he went towards the House, and saw it in flames. He knew his Dragon would survive, but not for long, not in Magical flames. Looking towards the flames, Yaro dove in head first, feeling the sting as the fire hissed on his flesh. He hurried into the building, and looked for the sound of wailing. Passing through the burning timber, he saw AveNix. Grabbing the lizard in his hands, He ran for the balcony, before seeing that the flames were spiraling around them.

"
Dammit!.....Gods fucking dammit! I am NOT dying like this!"Yaro said to himself, before watching the flames be controlled by the very female in the barn! Thanking whatever deity was watching over his broken Soul, Yaro took this opportunity, and jumped down below. Yaro then ran over towards the Female, placing the Dragon on his back. He aided in controlling the flames.

"
Here I thought you were someone that needed help.....I owe you my life Miss! Let me return to favor. "Yaro told her, as he tried to redirect the flames. However, his magic had been drained, so Yaro looked towards his palm, where he had spat blood on before. "Dammit......Let's hope this works!" Yaro said, before pulling out a Crossbow bolt, and jabbing it in his hand. Using his own Blood to power the spell, Yaro helped the woman control the flames, and redirect them towards the casters.

His face was one of sick amusement as he heard screams.

"
Like I said.....people like all of you should be burning in hell.......I will just make it burn brighter. "Yaro said, before seeing his home collapsing. "We need to leave!"Yaro said, looking towards the female.

Lanister was furious. As he watched his students home burn to the ground, He could only watch in amusement as He and a female repelled the attacking force. Knowing that this attack would be soon across the country, Lanister turned towards the guards remaining. "Head back to Valpurina. When the Grand-Masters hear that one of our own were attacked, Heads will be rolling!" Lanister said, as he left with them. He hoped Yaro would be safe.

Thornton and Kuvira were then interrupted by the elven grand master who entered. The young king was relieved for a change of topic to have arrived, and quickly rushed into the conversation. "Of course we will speak with you, grand master", he said with a bow before waiting expectantly for him to speak. @Robyn Banks

. . .

It was then that the barn caved in. Prudence could see the area around her, but the fires were still raging. The woman was covered in soot and could barely breathe, but at last the fire was diminishing in size thanks to the barn falling in. Now the flames danced about at her hips, and Prudence could breathe better at least. Her head turned to Yaro who was able to use the directional shift of the flames caused by her spell to his advantage. She couldn't muster any form of response to him as she was unbelievably exhausted by the heat and smoke. She could feel her energy depleting rapidly.

When Yaro stepped in and began assisting in controlling the flames the pregnant woman had taken all she could. She collapsed to the dirt. Fire was still flickering around her, but it could not get past the boundary of the circle. As long as Yaro was assisting in the flames, the protection spell would stand and it would stay out of her circle. @Andraus

Osuin would bow, as polite and courteous as he knew how, before he spoke up. "As I am to understand, Cecile requires training to use her magical abilities. Now, while I understand you wish to protect your sister more than anything Thornton, You cannot protect her from this: Magical abilities, especially those that are Arcane-Sensitive like Cecile, are very volatile, especially in their young adult stages, when their passions run high. "Osuin said carefully, listing the dangers of leaving Cecile without proper training. "While I am told that there is plans to increase her physical attributes more, such as endurance and stamina, we must not neglect that she is still a young woman, and needs proper guidance. What I am proposing is this: I can teach her."Osuin said.

"
I am trained in both magic and magic-breaking, I can keep an eye on her curse and hopefully minimalize some of the effects. I can also train her to control herself: I am a former High Priest, and I know many things such as meditation, prayer, calming rituals, and spiritual strengthening. A quote from my former master was this 'Those that seek conflict are only fighting a war within themselves'. I believe that, with proper guidance, I can help her find peace. I plan to as if she is alright with this, before making any rash judgement's, but I wanted to inform you all first." Osuin told them, offering what he thought would be the bet for her. It was true, he wanted to help her as much as he could, and he made sure his sincerity was heard in his voice.

Yaro looked towards the woman as she collapsed, before looking around. He knew that his strength would fail him, and he couldn't rely on blood-magic constantly, whatever it was, so he did the only sensible thing he could: He picked up the woman, and ran. He had to get the woman somewhere safe, especially after she saved his life, and he only knew of one place besides Valpurina: He'd take her to the Arcanist's shop. If anyone could hide him until the smoke died down, it would be the smith.

As Yaro was racing through the city, Lanister was going through the gates with the Survivors. Walking through the familiar gates, He'd stumble into the sewers, appearing at the Palace as quick as he could. He'd approach the court-yard, where he saw Lance and Cecile. They'd see he was slightly injured from the fight, as were the rest of the group with him. "Where is Grand-Master Osuin? I need to see him immediately!" He said to Lance, and from the look on Lanister's face, it was a imminent threat....whatever it was.

@Trombone Geek @Enuky K

Lance waited for Cecile to give up before gently setting her down on the ground. "Training. Lots of it. Before Dante, things were simple, but my beloved mentor didn't go easy." The king's expression dipped into a frown, as if he couldn't exactly put his finger on something. "There was someone.. a long time ago? A long time ago, I think. And I used to play these sorts of games with--...them." Much of Lance's words were halting, and he seemed unsure.

"Do you want me to teach you?" Lance asked. "It'd help you protect yourself, and we have excellent grounds for training right here. If you feel up to continuing it after I leave, we'll have to think of something."

Maeve had long since drifted away from Kuvira and Thornton's company, wandering the castle. It was mostly deserted, and Kalamitat was sleeping, so Maeve enjoyed the peace while she could. It was then that she caught sight of Lanister hurrying through the palace. He looked in a hurry, and didn't stop when she called his name questioningly. She only followed.

Lance looked up, surprised, as Lanister burst from the brush. "Um.. I'm not sure, really." Before he could continue, Maeve landed in one of the trees and spoke.

"He's with Kuvira and Thornton. Come with me." And, like a shadow before the light, she was gone, but not so quick that the Wilting Rose assassin couldn't follow.

Lance watched the two leave, and looked towards Cecile. "Should we go see what it's about? Lanister doesn't seem in the best shape. Something could be wrong."

tumblr_mwmbc6mqgO1qjozueo3_250.gif

Kuvira just watched as Thornton nervousness take effect. she knew something wasn't right from the sight of puking on the floor at Valpurnia to at that very moment when he couldn't even keep eye contact without looking at the ground almost in shame. did she really trust this man? she expected them to reveal eachothers secrets but she knew it wasn't that simple, she would have to dig it out on her own.yet there was on thing she learned during her reign. Never lie to someone who trust you and never trust someone who lies, love was a far different story. she knew that he has treated her was the love she would expected but she wondered if she would return the favor. but how could she portray love if she never felt that way before? she decided not to think of that matter. her heart was meant to be left alone. as her future king kissed her hand and made a haste to leave. she sighed softly. what she would give to feel nothing again.

the door soon opened as an elf approached, she courtsied in his presence before taking a step back. she remained silent since it was not her time to speak. knowing that he was a high priest made her remember of her mother. the witch who she haven't seen or heard in months on end since she was crowned. though it was obious by the others that she was deemed as an inadequate mother kuvira seemed quite naïve. perhaps because of their relation or her rare optimistic personality. her mother still wanted what was best for the kingdom in her eyes and the almighty was always on her side. something she admired.

when the elf finished his statement she simply looked at thornton, finally taking a good look at him without interference, his long red hair and baby blue hues, his face was alluring in her opinion but of course she would keep that comment to herself, in fact she didn't plan to speak. she knew her place more than anything but one thing flickered in her mind.when she wed it was a fact of the time that a man rules his wife, even if she was a queen. something she couldn't let herself fall victim of. she had to keep him wrapped around her finger, she needed him to trust her if she wanted absolute control of the throne. if she didn't do it she feared the worst but she had to wait. patience is key.

"Why don't we discuss this at the feast. perhaps Cecile will want to put input into her future, since I know it will result in her throwing a fit other wise." she said with a gentle grin. "Osuin, why don't you join us. you must be starving and it would be an honour for a former high priest such as yourself to bless the food." she said turning to pring Thornton, waiting in his comment to follow.

Cecile sighed when Lanister burst into the garden and laughed at Lance's question. No, she did not wish to engage in any political matters for the day at least. However, she knew better than to say that aloud to Lance, who was likely very interested despite it not involving him. The princess now had an expectation to be involved in these issues.

Without a word to any of his questions Cecile began walking in the direction of Maeve. Soon the four of them were caught up and walking together through the halls.

The nervous Thornton was grateful for Osuin's interruption. He listened to the proposition and gave it serious thought. Cecile's curse was a frightening fate for his sister, and Thornton wasn't sure if he alone would be able to help her. In a surprising shift of mood Thornton burst into laughter as Osuin mentioned his priesthood.

He turned to Kuvira with a rosy smile, "can you imagine my sister with a priest?" The princess was ill tempered and poorly behaved. He wondered how a benevolent priest could manage her. He turned back to the grand master and said, "Thank you for showing such support of Cecile during this difficult time", he mentioned the curse, "I believe that I have to agree with your reasoning, Osuin, and you may serve as a mentor to her."

It was in that moment that Lance, Cecile, Lanister, and Maeve made it to the king's quarters. Thornton's eyes sparkled with relief; it was yet another distraction. He smiled, "Ah, Cecile, you're just the person we needed to see, now if you'll excuse me...", he turned to Osuin and bowed then turned to Kuvira and bowed. He kissed her hand, "I must find commander Vohon, and I will return to you once we have discussed the mining operations". With that, the king quickly left the room.

. . .

When Prudence awoke she had a terrible head ache and she felt sick to her stomach. She was quick to become alert, but pretended to continue sleeping until she took in her surroundings. She appeared to be in a cluttered shop of some sorts, but it was none she had ever been in. Wait. Yes, she had it was the store the elf child would never let her into!

The witch had been cleaned and tended to in her sleep, and was relieved to be in a safe environment. She still could not wrap her head around the events that took place. A simple mission nearly cost her her life, and she was not pleased with that. She suddenly jumped to her feet and spoke harshly to Yaro who was awake with an old elf woman, "who were those people and why were they attacking you?!" She paced the room and appeared frustrated. The woman spoke as if she knew more about Yaro than one would expect; she no longer seemed like a coincidental guest.

"Were they after you or were they after me?!" She snapped. She feared the Wilting Rose could discover her identity and hunt her down for cursing the Rose princess. She grimaced and wrapped her arms around her stomach in pain; she needed to vomit.

Osuin would simply shake his head. "Given the amount of blood on my hands, I doubt my prayers would do anything for the food...."Osuin said. Kuvira and Thornton would notice that Osuin had a different aura about him: Where Clemetina had feverish devotion, and Ysmena devoted herself to magical study, Osuin appeared to be.....tired. Though it was obvious he was adamant in his belief in the ideals of the organization, it was clear as day that, as a religious person, his sins weighed down on his back. But he took that pain with his head raised high.

He was clearly a more willfully strong being.i

Osuin would then turn over towards the door opening. He turned into an over protective mode towards Lanister. "
My boy, what happened?! Why are you covered in ash and blood?"Osuin said. It was odd he acted like a parent towards Lanister, though there may have been more about their relationship than any knew.

Lanister looked towards the male. "Yaro was.....attacked. The Yunkanian Wyrthiels and Kingsmen attacked his families mansion. Though he and his dragon got out okay, his home was burned to the ground. "Lanister said, cleaning his blade. "There was only one person that could've ordered that: The Queen Regent. I can take a few of the others, and we can-"Lanister began.

Osuin would hold up his hand. "Lanister, I know how strongly you feel bout him, but we cannot afford to start acts of vengeance upon Yunkai, ESPECIALLY in the sensitive political climate as of right now. Yaro knew full well what would happen if he went home, we all told him. "Osuin said to Lanister. If he had enough control to keep Lanister in check, it was a hint at how effective he was as a leader.

"
So we're just supposed to allow the fact that he was attacked in broad daylight?! We can't let those people think we're weak, we must-"

"Lanister!"The male spoke up in an Authoritarian voice. The Assassin would be silent, as the priest would walk over, and place a hand on his shoulder. "My child, I never said I would take this silently. I need you to keep your head clear, and have the Assassins stationed in the city keep on a look-out. Protect Yaro where you can, and find out as much information as possible. If it is true that the Queen Regent was the one that ordered that Attack, then I'll handle this. If we cannot reach a peaceful solution, then I'll deal with it myself. Yaro needs you to keep an eye out for him, not getting yourself killed for the sake of avenging this insult. We'll have another chance to avenge this later, just not now. "The male elf told him.

Osuin didn't have to explain what he meant by 'deal with it himself'. Anyone would know that he was referring to Assassination, and if he said that he was going to deal with it himself, a Grand-master of Might, than anyone would know that a noble would not stand a chance if that came to be. However, thankfully, Osuin wasn't resorting to violence first: He was aiming for peaceful resolution before the application of force. It was clear that this man was cut from a different cloth from his counterpart, the Grand-master of Shadow. The Wilting Rose benefited from having him as a Leader.

Yaro would look over towards the female and, instead of being suspicious about her at all, would rush over to see if she was okay. Ever the gentlemen, he would sigh in relief. " I am so glad you're okay! I was worried when you collapsed that you'd be hurt...."Yaro said, before bowing. "Where are my manners? I am Yaro Azarus, Scion of House Azarus. I am sorry you got caught up in my political mess, but no matter: You saved my life. I'm ever in your debt. "Yaro said, keeping his head bowed.

Yaro was a very respectful person, and the fact that this girl saved his life made him trust her almost immediately. The Dragon on his back would squeal lightly, before Yaro would laugh. "
AveNix said thank you too!......I am really sorry you got caught in that mess. You didn't deserve that, especially in your..... "He would wave towards her body. "Condition......"

The Elven Forge-master would simply choose this moment to walk out, with bowls of vegetable and lamb stew. "Oh good, you're both awake. I'm Nephenee Miabanise, the Arcanist here. "She said, revealing herself to be the Forge-master, instead of her daughter. "Yaro told me that you saved his life....I'm sure Lanister and the rest of our friends would pay you back greatly for it.....but for now, the best I can offer is warm clothes, good food, and a safe place to sleep. "She said to Prudence, handing her the bowl.

Prudence relaxed when Yaro started praising her. Noticing that the man did not seem suspicious of her she decided to go through with the mission as planned. "Nice to meet you, Yaro...", she said pretending she was learning his name for the first time, "you can call me Pru", she added. The female couldn't help but smile towards the excited dragon, and she gently reached a hand to stroke its head. Prudence had ample experience with demons and monsters; a dragon was no pest to her. Her hand then moved to caress her belly when he mentioned it and she smiled warmly to Yaro, "oh no worries, Master Yaro, I believe my little one is alright". Prudence felt no true concern for the abomination living within her, but she had to at least pretend to be a happy, expectant mother.

It was then that the elven arcanist entered the room bringing with her food for them. Pru didn't realize how hungry she was until she could smell the soup. She thanked the woman as she took the bowl and began to eat. She was grateful for everything they had done for her. As she was picking away at her bowl she tried to strike a conversation with Yaro. "For what it's worth, I apologize for trespassing on your land... I just thought it would be a dry place to stay without disturbing anyone..." She knew her trespassing was no longer a concern at all to Yaro considering the barn and his house were gone. "Why were you being attacked?" she asked.

. .

Immediately following the arrival of the group to the Rose palace Prince Thornton took his leave. Cecile tried to stop him because she wanted to know what he meant when he mentioned they needed to see her, but Thornton ignored her and went on. There seemed to be something on his mind. From then on all eyes were on Lanister and Ousin's emotional conversation. Lanister was all riled up because apparently Yaro had been attacked. However, the grand master was unwilling to seek vengeance it seemed. Cecile glanced to Kuvira because it seemed the Yunakai was responsible for the attack being described, but chose to say nothing as the event did not appear to involve her. She wondered what her brother had meant and waited patiently for the explanation.

. . .

After searching the grounds for quite some time, Thornton was finally able to find Commander Vohon. He was dressed in his military uniform and in route to the royal palace. In Thornton's absence Vohon had been in charge of the responsibilities of the king while he was visiting Valpurina. The two past each other on the road leading to the palace. Vohon spoke first. "Why, Prince Thornton, you're exactly who I have been needing to see". The commander spoke differently from his usual gruff tone; his voice was friendly. Thornton knew something was wrong right away, but what he had coming he could not have predicted.

"Oh?" Thornton inquired.

Commander Vohon let out a slight chuckle. "Since you left for Valpurina, I have launched an official investigation into the disappearance of King Thornton. It is being headed by myself and the Emerald Thorns, of course. Although I must say, Prince Thornton, I was a little surprised that I had to launch this investigation on my own", he paused, "with no order to do it from you."

Thornton felt the hairs on his body stand and he stiffened. Vohon stood watching him closely while waiting for a response. "I... I uh... the situation with the Yunakai was too imminent for me to focus my attention on anything else", he finally sputtered.

Vohon let out an understanding sigh, but it was only to be cruel. "I've questioned every knight of my units about when the last time they saw King Thornton was. Many of the knights believe they last saw him with you on the day he disappeared."

Thornton's heart thumped heavily as the realization of where Vohon was heading came over him. People had seen him! It was true, Thornton could remember the kingdom the day he and Thornton visited the mines. It was crawling in knights because of the pending attacks. Thornton felt panic building within him. "That's just a coincidence", Thornton said finally.

"It could be a coincidence...sure. So tell me, Prince, when was the last time that you saw King Thornton?"

"The day he disappeared."

"Where?"

"The palace."

"When?"

"The morning... it was before the first attack", he lied.

Commander then smiled to the prince. "Prince Thornton, you are a suspect in the disappearance of King Thornton. You will be hearing more from me soon", he said and bowed to the prince before walking away from him. Prince Thornton said nothing and stood there for a long moment like a stunned animal.

tumblr_mwmbc6mqgO1qjozueo1_250.gif

Kuvira was hesitated as he rushed out of the room without another word., watching him go. she

stood there watching the discussion between Lannister and Osuin, in silence. she was surprised really, the person who saw himself as superior to her was idiotic enough to have a conversation in front of Yunkai's current queen against her own regent. she waited silently as they began to finish only to say a few words to make her presence more notable. "If you have a problem with my Regent you can simply speak to me, I am the current ruler after all and I would be happy to sort it out." she said in a all knowing tone. it seemed like every time she saw the problematic man, there was always something. "though I would watch what you say last time, you tried to negotiate we went into war." she turned to Osuin almost as if she was daring him to make a move. The wilting obviously wasn't in her favor when it came to political matters. never could tell the difference between personal and business. always making their emotions get the best of their judgement. people are so... hostile when they don't get their way. the inability to feel had it's advantages.

Kuvira met Cecile's eyes only staring at her for a moment before breaking the glance. "Your brother is considering allowing you to be trained by Osuin for the time being. he wanted to make sure that you agreed to go along with it." she said. Kuvira didn't mention that it was her that requested Cecile's approval because eshe didn't think it would benefit anyone. it was best that the twins relationship stayed neutral at least. there was no reason to make Cecile see Kuvira in a new light, nor did she want it. she didn't care for Cecile perspective of her.

Osuin would simply rub his temple as Lanister walked out. "I swear, I've raised him since he was a boy, and he's never stopped giving me a headache....Ah well. What I said still remains true, Lady Kuvira. "Osuin said, turning around to face her. " I'll be able to keep Lanister from doing anything right now. No doubt, Yaro is hiding in Yunakai still, probably at one of our safe houses..."Osuin told her, before sighing. "-and like I promised, I will try to settle this diplomatically, Lady Kuvira.....but If I cannot, if I cannot get these attacks on him to stop.....I'm sorry, but I will have to stop it myself by force. " Osuin said to her. Kuvira could tell, clear as the sky, that Osuin did not want to kill anyone. Odd for an Assassin, but Osuin would strike Kuvira as a man that didn't choose the life of an Assassin out of necessity or a need to kill. It seemed to have a deeper meaning to him.

Osuin would then turn towards Cecile.
"It is true. I was telling your brother and Kuvira that I wanted to ask you, if you wish me to train you and mentor you. I don't want this to be anyone's choice, but your own. I will not force this on you, but I hope you can understand why I want to. With my abilities, I can try to counter some of the effects of your curse, as well as teach you to live through it. It is the best I can offer, Princess...."Osuin would say, bowing his head to her. "I am also a mentor in governance, politics, commerce, and various other subjects. Depending on what you are interested in, I am sure I can cover it. "Osuin said.

As the Male knight would leave, Thornton would feel a breeze sneak by him, as he would see Clementina. She was drinking a 'red wine' and seemed to have listened into the conversation. She wouldn't say anything for awhile, seemingly more interested in the area around her, ad her wine. She would then speak up.

"It would seem you have a thorn in your side, My prince.....if you want, I can remove it."

Yaro would look down towards his hand as the elven woman would refill Prudence's bowl. " People I once considered friends left me for death.....First my brother, then my mother.....then my baby sister.....Now, my home is finally gone....."Yaro's eyes were red, as he looked ready to break down, before his body would tense up, and his eyes would shift blue. "Kuvira......Regina....All of them.....They'll all pay for what they've done...."Yaro said. Prudence would be able to see how fractured Yaro was as a person: a split soul, his family murdered, and everyting taken from him. It seemed his hatred was the only thing fueling him now.

tumblr_mwmbc6mqgO1qjozueo2_250.gif

kuvira tried her best not to scoff at his response. " I understand how you feel about this matter but it occurred on Yunkaian grounds. not the roses and he is a citizen of yunkai. its not in your jurisdiction to interfere. " she said before arising from the bed. " Not to mention that he did threaten me and the things I worked for. he's a threat and I don't want him in Yunkai nor does any of the nobles. he isn't safe there anyways. my regent is doing the appropriate decision towards this. IF you can remove him from Yunkai and no attacks will be made as simple as that. Actaully you should see that as mercy for if you have spoken with my

mother she wouldn't be so pleasant."
she said with a sly smirk on her face. there

wasn't anything to negioate it was her land therefore her terms. it was either they took it or not. " honestly I don't see why the only thing the wilting rose has done so far is make threats of wars. perhaps should start worrying about yourselves instead of prying."

kuvira smirk soon faded" is he really a man that you would thousands of lives at risk for. we both know that he isn't...stable. he isn't even a wilting rose anymore nor is he an ally of Yunkai and he has no interest of being either. You seem wise but don't let your feelings get the best of you. you should think twice on the people we are wiling to protect and what you are willing to give." she looked at him realizing she was doing her usual sinister routine but she wasn't lying. Yaro wasn't a man to be trusted, he been corrupt to a point where there was no going back. not even if he tried. "You both can continue your training discussion, someone else if you don't mind. I think I need to rest for a bit. Osuin you can stay in the castle for as long as you like you seem tired and I am sure that time to unwind would be benefital. Cecile, i'm sure that this decision is up to you and your brother will support you no matter the outcome... I'll see you two at the feast."

she waited for the rest of the group to depart from her current chambers, she then took out a box to see her dragon egg surrounded by candles to keep it warm. she carefully placed it in the center of the firplace before blowing out flames onto the wood using a spell. unlike Yaro she wasn't trying to make it known she had a dragon of her own. stared at it in awe. she knew it would hatch soon but she had to be patient. it was only a matter of time. she sat at the desk beginning to write two letters one for her ladies and another for her mother. when she was finished she called upon Lenin.

he seemed more stiff and upright, he was an admiral for 20 years. his life belong to the seas and his soul to his forces. she approached him silently. "Lenin, I am sorry for what has happened. I wish it would've gone some other way."

"NO, I must thank you for the humbling yourself to his offer. I will miss my position but it ifor the best." Kuvira stepped back, starting to think. " you can still travel the seas perhaps not as my admiral but you can still be in command of my exterior trade in other regions." his eyes sparkled at the thought of it. he bowed before her as a sign of his acveptance " that would be an honor my queen. I will take on the role as soon as time allows me." she stopped him befor handing him the two letters " thank you but I need youet this taken cared of first." he nodding before walking away. Kuvira laid on her new bed feeling the silk against her skin, she sighed before drifting off into her dreams.

Dear Mother,

I am please to tell you that the war has officially ended but not in the way that we both intended in actuality it is far better. on the terms of our treaty, I have agreed to wed the future king of the rose kingdom, expanding our country and the possibility of an heir seems high making this a triumph. we will be married and coronate in the matter of days, therefore your position as my regent will be longer than expected do to my additional responsibility to stay and aid the rose kingdom heir time of need. hearing about the attack that was bestowed on the capital the cure for the plague will be given to you tomorrow though the exact time is out of my control. I expect weekly updates of the matters of Yunkai as well as no major actions be taken without my consent. may God be in our favor.

Queen Kuvira,

first of her name, queen of Yunkai

~Dream Sequence~

5fe77b86ae417a4e9b195ec60b9a158a.jpg

The man known as Sotha fell on one knee, dying in front of Kuvira. He would look towards the body of his sister, Adara, not too far off from where he stood. but unlike many that fell before, he was smiling.....it was a sad smile, almost as if he pitied the woman before him, as he watched his blood drip from his hand. He did not show fear or angst over his fate....it was as if he accepted it.

"Well.....That's that I suppose......Despite our years of loyalty.....We're cast aside like simple pawns.....our ancestor was right......We should never have trusted you......So, are you relishing in your victory?.....going to gloat....Happy that you killed a Knight and an Innocent child...?"Sotha asked, before he laughed lightly, causing him to cough. "You think you've won, don't you?.....I don't think you've realized just what you've done...."

"So you kill me......tell me, whose next?.....are you going to kill other families too?......how many are going to have to suffer for those sins.....that crawl on your back......From that blank mask you put on......killing doesn't even phase you, does it?.....Why?.....were you forced too, so you had too?.......What kind of reasoning is that.....?"Sotha said, his hand falling from his wound

Sotha would prop himself against the wall, looking over towards Kuvira. "You don't realize just how far you've fallen, have you?.....A reign that starts in bloodshed.....ends in it......All your work....everything you sacrificed......it will be for nothing......you will watch, be forced too......as you see your kingdom crumble, due to what you've done.....I go to my grave with no regrets.....I'm glad my sister is spared this fate.....Just make my brothers death quick, so he doesn't lose himself in this...He doesn't deserve to see a person he once called a friend....turned into a tyrant....and a monster...."Sotha said. He was losing blood fast, the wound breaching his lung.

" You've ripped a family apart.....and for what.....thinking it will save this land...? Those were my reasons for opposing you as well, and look where it got me.....Now my brother knows your pain....to not have a family to fall back to when things look grim.....You'll remember me when you're on your knees, begging for help....."Sotha said, before he would cough up blood on the floor, clearly near death. He would, however, look up towards Kuvira, his Crimson eyes showing no fear. He then spoke his last haunting line.

"Inferos invenire potest esse manuum tuarum.....Goodbye Kuvira...." Sotha said, before sliding off the wall. It was in the old tongue, one he know Kuvira would understand.

May the hell you find, be of your own making...

Cecile'e eyes widened when Kuvira explained to her what it was Osuin was offering her. She turned to Lance with a look of surprise and then to Osuin with the same look. A grand-master wanted to train her? At first she was excited by the news, but as she looked over Osuin she began to feel differently.

He seemed so old. The princess was unsure about working under someone who appeared serious and cold, but if it meant taking the throne away from Kuvira then she would do it.

Before Cecile could answer or Osuin could further elaborate to her the queen dismissed them. The group respected her wishes and left, heading back in the direction they had come. Cecile spoke as they walked, "I accept your offer to train me, grand-master", she said. They had just arrived back to the garden. It was where Cecile lead them unsure of where else would be a good place for the group to be at once. @Andraus

. . .

Thornton nearly jumped out of his skin at the sight of Clementina, but he quickly regained his composure. Standing tall and brushing off his sleeve he answered, "I am in no need of assistance, thank you. I have nothing to worry about regarding these false allegations. I am confident my forces will bring the true predator to justice!" The king bowed to Clementina, "I look forward to seeing you tonight at the feast".

The king then turned and walked briskly to the palace. He felt sick to his stomach, and he was starting to sweat. Thornton knew it was only a matter of time before the news that he is a suspect became public.

He came to the king's quarters and quietly entered the room. Kuvira was sleeping and so he sat from a chair and watched her, mulling over the things he would have to tell her once she awoke. @Robyn Banks

. . .

Prudence watched the former assassin speak with a sympathetic expression. She could understand the pain and frustration of losing loved ones to the monarchies. The feeling of helplessness once a monarchy has become the enemy. She gently reached over and stroked his hand soothingly, allowing him to release some of his grief without interruption.

Her eyes flickered in interest once the man's words became slathered in vengeful thoughts. She resisted the urge to smile as the success of this mission came to view.

The woman let out a soft groan and adjusted position while rubbing her belly. She returned her hand to his while her foresty eyes peered deeply into his. "I have also been wronged by the barbaric monarchies... I'm alone, too." Prudence glanced around the shop. The fact that she had been brought back to Valpurina was problematic to her; she was a fugitive. It was only a matter of time before someone identified her from the try outs. She had assaulted the rose princess after all.

"Would you like to accompany me to Bathelon? I could use the help..., and I think you would fit in well there." She paused and hesitated before going on, "I have to leave here very soon. I am a fugitive here." @Andraus

Users who are viewing this thread