• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings β„™π•π•’π•˜π•¦π•–π•“π•’π•“π•šπ•–π•€

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Kassandra

grb_scrn_liberty_pano_1080_nl.jpg

Peak City. The unofficial capital of Discovery, often referred to as the 'urban model of the future' by its more pretentious design contributors, but who could blame them, really? A marvel of city planning, sustainable living, multicultural community, and understated luxury, dead-center in a biodiverse island? One would surely be forgiven for believing their plane ride had transported them across the pacific, as well as a century into the future upon their arrival. Truly, the 2030s seemed to cease at the Island's shores. But whom did humanity have to thank for this modern utopia? Whose vision took the form of an island nation led by order and intellect? Why, Dr. Lucius Indigo, of course, the figurehead of Indigo Sciences. Eccentric as his emergence into the science scene was, never at any point in his career could anyone doubt his brilliance.

Humble beginnings in the field of pharmacological sciences took him toward the development of orally-boosted flu vaccines. Branching out into biology, his contributions to genetic marking made detecting and eliminating inherited diseases a triviality. Every field he ventured out into, Dr. Indigo was a superstar in. And yet, Discovery was his pet project. Compared to his numerous achievements, the purchase and planning of an island nation were relatively simple. And yet, as natives and brilliant minds from all over the world poured into the Peak, Dr. Indigo's primary office building, it was abundantly clear that this was his magnum opus. Even the party he was holding was an involved affair, with everyone in black-tie and supplied with fresh food sourced entirely from the island, all of which came from his newly installed agricultural centers. Anyone who caught a glimpse of the doctor during the event saw him wracked with passion and close to tears, and every time, he explained it was due to his excitement in preparation for the apex of the evening's proceedings. 'Midnight' was the only hint he'd give, but as the clock neared twelve, Indigo was nowhere to be seen. The excitement had reached the point that half of those in attendance were counting down the seconds with their phones, like a mini New Years Eve. They even finished it off with a cheer. Then the gas came.

Where it seeped out of, nobody knows. It seemed to just replace the air, from some survivors' perspectives. Only a handful of the hundreds of thousands on the island managed to escape, all while Dr. Indigo was missing. Natural assumptions were made. The truth was something different, of course, but by sunrise, many minds were already made up. They'd walked into a trap only a genius could have designed.

When Dr. Indigo roused, his hands bound and his mouth taped over, he recognized immediately the gas coming in through the vents of his private bathroom. There was no chance at escaping it, so he took a deep breath. Cinnamon. Just like he'd theorized all those years ago. The gas was scented, and for good reason. If you were lucid enough to recognize the smell, you were immune, like he was. It was too bad there were only seven people vaccinated against It in the whole world. He eventually chewed his way out of his restraints and escaped to the roof of the building. The sky was a noxious orange, and the streets he designed himself were washed with blood. His worst fears had been realized. His private helicopter provided a means for escape, but upon finding a village of natives and rattled survivors, he was met with hostility, forcing him to retreat to a nearby medical facility he'd secretly installed underground, one of many hidden services he'd planned on announcing at later dates. From there, he spent his time attempting to recreate the vaccine he'd administered to himself so many years ago, and monitored the situation in the infection zones in what little off time he allowed himself. It was this way he came across the anomalies. Exhibitors of behaviors and unnatural abilities undoubtedly caused by the gas, but unforeseeable even to its original creator. His directives shifted, as he knew he had to warn others of the mutants roaming the island. Indigo was a day away from embarking on an expedition towards the village that had driven him off, when the island's observational border sensors detected several large figures underwater, approaching shore. Soldiers in protective gear began traipsing all over the island, scavenging crucial data and experimental prototypes from labs. Not only that, but the mutants seemed to have peaked their interest as well, with their orders seemingly shifting towards 'detain and capture' rather than 'kill on sight.'

Indigo managed to intercept radio signals between the submarines, and with them, plans to help them recover from the gas for 'repurposing.' And if a couple of geneticists under the ocean could do it, he knew he could, too. Even with his lack of training, the doctor managed to capture eight individuals that had mutant characteristics. Subdued and unconscious, he began flushing their systems, and found that their partial immunity had become complete. Once again, he had a new goal. The Island's technology was meant to be shared with the world, not hoarded by a shadowy organization with its creators silenced. His only hope to fulfill this mission, however, laid in the mutants. He hoped that once they regained consciousness, they were lucid once more.

β€’β€’β€’​

Dr. Indigo stepped out from the supply closet in full hazmat gear. The projection chart he had in his makeshift office insisted today was the optimal, earliest day he could induce consciousness in his subjects. And although he was undeniably afraid of how they might react, he had no chance against the soldiers on his own. He reminded himself this was always inevitable one last time before taking his station by master control panel at the furthest end of the observation room. The room with eight beds occupied by unfortunate individuals cursed with extraordinary, freakish power.

With the push of a button, a stimulating shock to their altered nervous systems roused them from their induced sleep. Anxiously, he moved from bed to bed, removing from them whatever medical equipment was hooked up into their bodies. He managed to do so before they were awake enough to notice with time to spare, even after administering little Hello Kitty bandaids wherever needles previously were. Dr. Indigo promptly took a few steps back to watch his work come to fruition. "Victor Frankenstein has nothing on me... God, that's not really a good thing, is it?"

Da Babbies:
Kyon Kyon
sox sox
-ferret- -ferret-
anderswo anderswo
Juju Juju
ave goin insane ave goin insane
seasonedcat seasonedcat

Eo woke up with a pounding and all consuming headache, suddenly turning over the side of his little cot and hacking up some substance he'd rather not investigate.

"Owww," he groaned, pushing the heels of his palms into his eyes, hoping to stave off the pain but probably only creating more problems for himself. He slowly took in himself, wondering how he got from the wave pool with the sharks he was studying, to...here? And with hello kitty bandaids? And a person in a hazmat suit??

"Oh god. I'm dying aren't I?" Eo asked in possibly his most meek and defeated voice yet. And these other people? Were they dying too? Was this the way Eo was to go? Dying among strangers in some strange lab?

A searing pain hit Eo in the temple and he cried out. Blood. So much blood. Trickling. Slippery. Red. Blood. As soon as it had came, it was gone and Eo was left feeling cold and confused.

Hot. Dry. SPICY. Dr. Dander Mullins was beginning to come to. Boiling. Tropical. FLAMING. His vision felt somewhat blurry and hazy as he awoke. ROASTING. BLISTERING. SIZZLING. What were these unfamiliar emotions he was feeling? SCORCHING. BLAZING. A N G R Y. Why was it so hot in this room? A N G E R. A N G E R Y. F U R I O U S ! Everything felt... red.

Dander took a deep breath, channeling his inner peace and finding his happy place. The fogginess in his head subsided as he began thinking positive thoughts. Thoughts of a cool pond deep in the woods, koi fish swimming just within his reach. He figured he must've has some wild fever dream or something. Perhaps he was ill with the flu. He did feel quite feverish and his throat felt dry. Probably why he was waking up in a hospital bed. In an odd looking hospital room. With an odd man in... a hazmat suit? Dander sat up in his bed, his sheets for some reason melted to his back. He went to rub his eyes of the grogginess that met him upon awakening, but his arms felt so ridiculously light that he ended up hitting himself in the head instead. "That's odd..." He took a little gander around the room, noticing several other beds, the other 'patients' beginning to awake as well.

"Actually this whole situation seems a bit curious." Dander held his hand to his chin, being more cautious this time as to not hurt himself. "Mr. Hazmat, could I be in some sort of experiment that I forgot I signed up for?" The shirt Dr. Mullins was wearing all of a sudden caught fire, but for some reason it didn't bother him much.

Last edited:
When Elsie woke up, even before opening her eyes, she noticed a strange itching beneath her skin. She didn't know the reason nor could she tell what it felt like. It was very light, still, constantly present all over her body and most intense around her lower arms. Additionally, her head was buzzing, not only because of the slight headache she felt while awakening, but because of something else. It feels like thousands of bees bustling in my head, she pondered. What a strange thought.

In the beginning, she started to move her fingers. They felt more heavy and tired than usual. Probably, from not moving for a longer period of time. That was when she started thinking: Where and why she was waking up right now? She wasn't laying in her bed at home in Den Haag. What had happened? Next, she moved her toes, the legs, her arms. While moving, the itching grew slightly stronger, and she rolled over to her right side cumbersomely. God, she felt so weird: Tired, itchy, heavy. Elsie opened her eyes and a blazing light struck her sight. Her right hand shot up and shielded her sight abruptly. Squinting, she tried to adjust to the light while she caught the sound of a man's voice to her left and a whimper to her right.

She was laying in one of eight hospital beds within a laboratory-like room. That's it, she thought. I either went bananas or ended up in a horror movie. Her eyes were still feeling sore when she sat up and started to look around the room. The voice she had noticed earlier came from the man to her left who was interrogating another person in a hazmat suit. Why was he wearing protective clothing, was he dangerous? Or were they? Before she could continue thinking, something else caught her attention. Elsie's eyes widened.

"Sir, I think your body just caught fire."

Her instincts kicked in. Without questioning the sudden fire, the cop's eyes darted around the room, searching for something that could help to choke the flames. When she noticed a pile of fire blankets Elsie didn't think about the strange coincidence, but heaved herself out of the bed intently, stumbled towards the counter, grabbed a blanket and threw it above the man's shoulders.

While she collapsed onto her knees exhaustedly, she didn't notice the small bee that crawled out of her arm and started buzzing around the room. Instead, she just felt a strong itching and scratched her arm absently.

mentions: Kyon Kyon -ferret- -ferret-

Last edited:
1620004489600.png
~ Augustus Justinian-Claudius Evans ~
|interactions: (everyone)|
Augustus' felt like shit in more ways than one. His head pounded and his nose itched. His stomach burned and his throat felt scratchy like he had chugged bleach for hours. With a croaky voice he sat up, running his hands through his greasy hair(clearly needed a bath), "Okay what the fuck did I take because I can't remember shit so it clearly wasn't worth this fucky hangover." he groaned out looking around the room with 8 other people, one of which was in a hazmat suit.

"Okay I am either on some wicked LSD trip right now, I am abducted by aliens, or I am some government experiment. None of these options I am opposed to." he spoke simply glancing down at his body, "Okay the hello kitty bandaids, grade A choice. I don't care who you are or why I am here, you receive my instant respect." He spoke simply. When the girl claimed that the man was on fire he blinked lightly before looking at the man again, squinting, "I mean he's hot but I don't think its something you need to panic over in my opinion-" he was cut off by the bee he noticed in the room,

"Okay hazmat man I think the quarantine shit you had planned for us is poor quality because there is a fucking bee in here. Unless that's one of the patients too," he added the last part as he placed his hands on his chin, thinking.

Penny roused from what felt like a nap that went on too long. Stray, inquiring voices pestered her like they were trying to drag her awake, but she knew better than to let them. Waking up after sleeping for so long just led to waking up uncomfortably hot, sweaty, and irritable with a side of skull-splitting headache. The only cure she knew was to keep sleeping and hope her internal clock found a more stable time to kick in. Plus, she wasn't exactly eager to meet whoever was chatting so closeby in a bad mood.

Deciding this would be her dedicated course of action, Penny decided to prescribe herself a sliver of light to try and attempt what time of day it was. That golden Discovery sunset had a habit of bleeding in through the islsnd's meticulously organized windows. Something they undoubtedly included on purpose when designing the island's architecture. But when she tried pulling open her eyelids, she found that the muscles in her brow felt so weak, they couldn't even pull them open a sliver. Distressing, but still not enough to worry the groggy pilot. After all, this could've all very well still been a vivid dream. Reaching up to try and pry and eye open, Penny found that they continued to resist. With both hands, now, she tried pulling her eyelids away from each other, only to feel a rough sort of skin formed between them. A silent whimper of panic escaped her as she fully awoke, and just before she resolved to trying to scratch them open, the skin seemed to recede. The sun blinded her, but it was welcome respite in comparison to being blind just a moment ago.

Looking around the room, she was about to join the others as they complained about their miscellaneous ailments when their host, a mysterious figure in a full hazmat suit watched over them. Even behind the visor hiding their face, it was clear all the complaints were starting to overwhelm them, so she kept quiet.

"Mutations... Dormant now, but they're there," Indigo spoke within the confines of his protective gear, making a little list of his observations before addressing the patients. He pressed a button on his forearm and made the visor go transparent, letting them all identify him. His nervousness was clear. This was going to be the first time since the incident that anyone laid eyes on him without breaking out the pitchforks and torches. "I don't think I need to introduce myself. But what you all might not be aware of is that your last, lucid memories are likely a week old. Something from my past has come back to haunt me, it seems... I know you must all have questions, believe me, I do, too, but it'll all come in due time."

His brief, vague explanation was slightly detoured by the presence of the bee. It was the fifth that had emerged from the young lady he'd resorted to privately calling the 'Hivespawner," and served as a decent segue into the more complicated angle of Discovery's recent happenings. Sidestepping and grabbing a jar off of a nearby sterilized medical tray, Dr. Indigo captured the bee and set it aside. "An old project of mine has overtaken the island. It's ruined everything I've worked for, turned almost everyone I dragged here from all over the world into angry monsters... But you guys fared better than most." He motioned towards the jar. "You retained some semblance of your humanity, and what you lost came back a little less... Human. Truthfully, you're monsters in your own right, but at least you're not rampaging. Anymore..."

anderswo anderswo seasonedcat seasonedcat Kyon Kyon -ferret- -ferret- sox sox ave goin insane ave goin insane Juju Juju

The sound of strange voices woke Chai from her medically induced slumber. She forced herself into a sitting position and wiped at the sleep in her eye with a fist.

A wave of confusion hit her when she realized this was not her room, and fear hit soon after she realized the complex medical equipment scattered around the room. Her clothes had been replaced by a patient gown, and instead of her cat she was surrounded by strangers.

She watched them all quietly, especially the one that spontaneously combusted. What on earth was going on here? She glanced suspiciously at the figure in the hazmat suit, which soon turned out to be the most familiar face here.

Indigo.

Chailai frowned in bewilderment, "What do you mean, 'not rampaging anymore'?"

She could feel her chest tighten and her heartbeat quicken. Indigo had used the word 'monster', and after seeing that flaming boy... did that mean she had some freakish ability? She looked down at her hands and slowly closed them into fists, tightly grabbing the cloth of her medical attire.
Kassandra Kassandra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back