Fantasy RP

CallmeMyth

Ruler of Twilight
Hello all,

I've recently been considering creating a fantasy RP. It would be either a detailed RP or casual. Participants in the role play wouldn't be required to write a novel per post, so long as they put forth their best effort and avoid making one line posts or one paragraph posts with little attention to structure or detail.

As for the type of world I envision, imagine a universe that is similar to The Witcher. I want a more mature themed RP, but of course everyone would still be required to follow the site rules. Nothing too graphic. Sexual relations between characters would have to be worded carefully so its not too raunchy, or if you are bad at writing such scenarios, just implied or left out completely.

The RP would involve all manner of monsters and mythical creatures, and would also involve various races like dwarves, elves and such. Magic would also be included, as well as non modern weapons.

I haven't came up with names for the various territories, created a map or devised a plot for this RP yet. That's why I'm asking for help from any creative, like-minded individuals.

Of course, if anyone has an RP that is similar to what I'm describing here in any way, I am willing to join other people's role plays. Let me know how you guys feel about an open world RP, and please give me your suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokiemonfan said:
Hello all,
I've recently been considering creating a fantasy RP. It would be either a detailed RP or casual. Participants in the role play wouldn't be required to write a novel per post, so long as they put forth their best effort and avoid making one line posts or one paragraph posts with little attention to structure or detail.

As for the type of world I envision, imagine a universe that is similar to The Witcher. I want a more mature themed RP, but of course everyone would still be required to follow the site rules. Nothing too graphic. Sexual relations between characters would have to be worded eloquently so its not too raunchy, or if you are bad at writing such scenarios, just implied or left out completely.

The RP would involve all manner of monsters and mythical creatures, and would also involve various races like dwarves, elves and such. Magic would also be included, as well as non modern weapons.

I haven't came up with names for the various territories, created a map or devised a plot for this RP yet. That's why I'm asking for help from any creative, like-minded individuals.

Of course, if anyone has an RP that is similar to what I'm describing here in any way, I am willing to join other people's role plays. Let me know how you guys feel about an open world RP, and please give me your suggestions.
The description you gave here is more or less the definition of a genre "medieval fantasy".

About half the plots on the fantasy section are about something like this. You could just go and look for one.

Of course, you may want to build your own world, so if you do, good luck!

Yeah I basically am looking to create or join a medieval fantasy RP. I know the entire genre involves these elements, I just don't feel like searching through the countless pages of fantasy RPs to find one that has the type of setting I'd be interested in, so I was hoping someone would offer a suggestion. I do want to create my own world, though. Which was basically the point of my thread. Sorry for the vagueness.

Pokiemonfan said:
Yeah I basically am looking to create or join a medieval fantasy RP. I know the entire genre involves these elements, I just don't feel like searching through the countless pages of fantasy RPs to find one that has the type of setting I'd be interested in, so I was hoping someone would offer a suggestion. I do want to create my own world, though. Which was basically the point of my thread. Sorry for the vagueness.
Well, in all honestly, I don`t think you should do that. I do look around and I see a ton of requests to roleplay topics that are like in the post above them...without either replying to each other`s threads, or even starting an RP together.

Could you provide what ideas you have in mind? A lot of people will stay away from statements of worldbuilding if they feel wary that their ideas might get rejected due to something you`re keeping from them.

Idea said:
Well, in all honestly, I don`t think you should do that. I do look around and I see a ton of requests to roleplay topics that are like in the post above them...without either replying to each other`s threads, or even starting an RP together.
Could you provide what ideas you have in mind? A lot of people will stay away from statements of worldbuilding if they feel wary that their ideas might get rejected due to something you`re keeping from them.
I had a few ideas in mind for a future RP, but I'd rather not discuss those with anyone except whoever I would be creating the RP with. I'm looking for people who would be willing to create a universe with me, and their ideas would be very much welcome. I'd be willing to help you with your RP too, of course. Just let me know what you need.

Pokiemonfan said:
I had a few ideas in mind for a future RP, but I'd rather not discuss those with anyone except whoever I would be creating the RP with. I'm looking for people who would be willing to create a universe with me, and their ideas would be very much welcome. I'd be willing to help you with your RP too, of course. Just let me know what you need.
How about we do both? I'd be willing to do that world with you , even if you didn't want to help with my RP, so we could help each other out? We'll make that world you want and in paralel you give me a hand with coming up with some stuff for my RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back