What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pirates Of The Skies! (IC Thread)

Dice System
D&D 5e
Characters
Here

Human Error

*Insert Incoherent Screeching Here*
Something to preface with how I write things
This is how I write narration.
This is how I write Roleplay (NPC's actions and speaking)
Anything in bold is important information.

Our story starts in the bustling city of Helior, the capital of the Kingdom of Kor'Morak, a country of adventure and opportunity... Well, if you were a thief, or a killer.
The Kingdom of Kor'Morak acts as a safe haven for any type of person imaginable, as long as you've got the gold to pay the taxes. Money makes this countries gears turn, and no city is more apparent with that than the trade capital of the world, Helior.
Helior is built into the largest mountain in the world, Mt. Helior. And this is split into three layers, the base of the mountain, and up to the clouds, are known as the Commons.
The Commons are where most trade and business happens, as well as where housing and basic functions of living are found. You will find every type of person in this part of the city, as this city does not discriminate, if you have the coin.
Above the clouds you have the Syndicate, where nobility and the rich life out their lives, no cares in the world, and no reason to care either, everything they need in up where they live, as the workers below toil and slave to keep these people happy.
And then there is below the mountain, the Wastes.
The Wastes
are where the people that have broken deals, succumbed to sickness, or got washed away in the tides of the economy, forever trapped in debt, and no way but to sell yourself out. The Wastes is also where the trash from the Commons and the Syndicate go.

Our story starts in the Commons. The Gilded Daisy has stopped there to stock up on supplies and sell some things to head to Duranal, The Floating City.


Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi strawberrycelia strawberrycelia
Calcifer and Crow
Being the Navigator(s), you don't really have too much to do while the ship is on the ground, however, Fargus managed to give you two a task to fetch something that he had ordered last time he was here, and that it is now ready. He doesn't give you the details on what it is, however, he does tell you where it is, go to a tavern called, The Weeping Oak. Go there and say Ol' Westy sent you. Oh, and feel free to stop at any shops along the way. He did give you a map of the city, but... Reading is a little... Confusing, even for navigators.

Ian Temero Ian Temero
Lilith
You have barely been scraping by with the jobs you've been getting, some more... Embarrassing, than others, but other than that, it's just been a hard time.
You and your sister have been getting hungrier by the day, and the medical attention your sister has received hasn't been the best, all the medication she's been receiving has either halted, or worsened her condition, but nothing has succeeding in curing her, some of the doctors are even turning you away, and you have nowhere near the amount of funds to pay for better healers. Things aren't looking good.
But you recently had heard word of an airship that has docked, The Gilded Daisy. And you had heard that they are looking for more crewmates, for multiple different jobs, one being, the Ships Mage.

As you make your way to this ship, you see outside the ship a bunch of crewmates, primarily female, hauling crates and bags on and off of the ship, all while being instructed/yelled at by an elf with long black hair, scars across her face and wearing a full set of armor, excluding the helmet. And seeing a dwarf with dreaded black hair and a beard to match. Tinges of grey taint the color of the beard, as he sucks from a pip and is reading from a scroll off to the side, leaning against the airship.
 

Ian Temero

Knight of Swords
f11fb562747989d8b0a19b699708564f.jpg
Lilith Falciani

HP: 20
AC: 14

Passive Perception:
14

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2


Familiar
Cat

HP: 10
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 13

A ship full of women? Really? Probably should have expected as much from a ship called Daisy. Lilith thought to herself as she watched the crew of the ship move about. It was an odd sight to see, all these girls doing what most would consider men's work. It was promising though, meant there was a better chance of her getting hired. She had her doubt though. Seeing as the man in charge was... well, a man... she was assuming that there were going to be some favors involved. The thought disgusted her, but she would find a way deal with it (one way or another), all for the sake of the bundle in her arms. "Peggy. We're here." She said gently.

The bundle stirred and a pair of green eyes blinked open, followed by a second smaller pair of yellow. The girl yawned and the black cat in her lap stretched. "What do you mean we're-" The child started to ask, but then spotted the ship and her eyes opened wide. "Wow! Is that an airship? We're going to be going on that?" She chirped excitedly.

"Hopefully." Lilith answered, setting her down on the ground. "Now I need you to stay here for a minute, alright?" She stroked the girl's red hair before bundling the cloak tighter around her. "I'll be back in just a minute. Toketsi, protect her." The cat meowed in response to the order and the witch turned her attention back to the task.

Since the captain seemed to like his women Lilith figured she should play to that a bit, so she spent a moment to tidy her hair and adjust her bodice before sauntering up to the dwarf. "Are you the captain?" She asked, flaunting her figure a bit. "I heard you're looking for a mage?"
 

Human Error

*Insert Incoherent Screeching Here*
Ian Temero Ian Temero
Lilith
The dwarf didn't look toward her right away, instead taking the time to roll up what he was reading from, and stuffing it into his coat.
His attention turn to the woman in front of him, his head tilted slightly upward as he gave her a warm smile,
"Aye, I'm the captain of this here crew, and I'm always open te havin' another mage aboard."
The dwarf pushed off the side of the ship, walking slightly closer to her and holding out a hand to shake,
"The name's Fargus Westwind, and for what reason did ye want te join the crew?"
The dwarf didn't seem to be too intent on eyeing her up, instead, the dwarfs attention was drawn to the child a ways behind her, before turning his attention back to Lilith.​
 

strawberrycelia

lil pink bunn

Crow.jpg
Crow

HP:
23/23
AC: 12
Speed: 30ft

Passive Perception: 9

Cantrips
Fire Bolt
Prestidigitation
Message
Shape Water

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
Feather Fall
Fog Cloud
Ice Knife
Sleep

2nd: 2/2
Fog Cloud
Ice Knife
Sleep



Helior is loud, bustling and lively in a way that Crow has missed. So often she races through small towns, pulling a hood tighter over her head and keeping as low as possible - but for the past few weeks, she's been acclimating to having a safe space, a ship where your worth is equal to the work you put in. Sure, the others aren't entirely comfortable with her just yet; being a changeling is a hard sell, but she's full of hope for the future for the first time in a long time. Besides, she's getting an opportunity to explore the city before they leave, and she's exploring with Calcifer. Crow likes Calcifer, though she shows it mostly by matching the sharpness of his tongue. The halfling is more accepting of her than most, and it goes a long way in her eyes.

The crowd is thick, full of different types. A lady dwarf with a braided beard, a tiefling that seems to be belly dancing off to the side, a group of shady looking halflings conferring in lowered voices and passing something between themselves. It's rife with the tense feeling of possibility, of danger, of strangers sizing each other up. It's wonderful. Crow bounces through the well-trodden mud, her boots leaving deep imprints. The mountain looms above them, different paths leading deeper into the bowls of the towering beast, but they're not just here to explore. They're here to pick up a package.

Of course, Crow has already gone off track and purchased herself a thick leather-bound notebook - but she's trying her best to stay on track. "Calcifer, I thought you said those little legs don't slow you down?" she teases with a smirk, effortlessly weaving through the crowd and staring back over her shoulder at the halfling. It's only then that she glances back down at the map. "The place is called The Weeping Oak - didn't we pass that five minutes ago? Or am I thinking of something else?" She can hardly tell what half of these markers say, let alone where she is amongst them. "Sorry couple navigators, aren't we?" Crow gripes, blowing out a sigh through her lips.
 
Last edited:

Ginko The Mushishi

Traveling Mushi-Shi

3b41115e88512eacac8e607c02f6eabf.jpg
Calcifer Alpine

HP:
25
AC: 16
Speed: 25 ft.

Passive Perception: 14

Cantrips
Green Flame Blade
Blade Ward

Spell Slots
1st: 3/3
Magic Missile
Chromatic Orb
Shield

Inventory
20 Crossbow bolts.
20 arrows
5GP
Calcifer waded through the large crowds, keeping up with Crow to the best of his tiny abilities. The two navigators were quite a pair; Sometimes they fought, other times they partied. More often than not they teased one another. Calcifer saw someone with equal intelligence in Crow as well as equal wonder for the world, thus a bond between the two would easily come around for Calcifer. Although by no means would he ever admit it, nor speak such words, Calcifer cherished his friendship with Crow.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves, certainly not. Calcifer was prickly as a cactus, stubborn as an ox, and quite sharp-tongued. If you knew Calcifer well enough, that was how he showed affection to others. If he does not insult you; he does not like you at all.
Simple and clean just like that. No more, no less.

When Crow distracted their mission with buying a notebook, Calcifer certainly chewed her out for it. Sure he wanted to sell his Homeland Jewelry, but Captain's Orders came first. "My legs are doing just fine! Maybe those damned stilts you're walking on should move a little slower" He grumbled up at her, tossing his gold coin in his hand and messing around with it. "You-Wha-You think we've been passed it already!? Crow blast it let me see the damned map! Sometimes I wonder if you even have eyes up there." He would have climbed up her shoulder, but they were in public and this certainly wasn't time to scout for land on the Gilded Daisy. Throwing his hand up towards Crow to receive the map. "We've got time, I don't believe Captain wanted us in a rush. Buut... Next time...Don't go buying things again understand!?" Calcifer yapped up at Crow. "Not until we're done with our duties for the day!!"
strawberrycelia strawberrycelia
 

strawberrycelia

lil pink bunn

Crow.jpg
Crow

HP:
23/23
AC: 12
Speed: 30ft

Passive Perception: 9

Cantrips
Fire Bolt
Prestidigitation
Message
Shape Water

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
Feather Fall
Fog Cloud
Ice Knife
Sleep

2nd: 2/2
Fog Cloud
Ice Knife
Sleep

Crow laughs and allows Calcifer to snatch the map from her hands, unable to keep herself from giggling when his cheeks go so bright cherry-red. The color nearly drowns his freckles, it's adorable. Nearly imperceptible to those around her, Crow's cheeks shimmer, and she happily imitates the bright color on her pale 'human' face. Calcifer turns the map every which way - and she can relate, the Captain isn't the best at cartography. Growing a bit restless, her gaze begins to once again roam around the bustling market, when she alights upon a small wooden door painted with the image of a delicate golden oak tree. Squeaking with excitement, she reaches down to gingerly grab Calcifer's sleeve, pulling him quickly through the crowd with her.

Or, as quick as she can without tripping up the halfling. As much as she likes to tease him, she wouldn't dump him in the mud. "Calci! Look! I guess it doesn't have a sign.." She trails off as they get closer to the ornate door. It's beautiful - but from inside she can hear the telltale sounds of a tavern. Yelling, singing, and even.. a bit of shrieking. Hrm. "See? I'm a great navigator, I found it!" Crow turns back to Calcifer with her hands on her hips, before faltering a bit. "Uhh, now you go in first." She's not nervous - or, not.. completely nervous. This is just the first proper errand she's run for the captain, and if she lost control and shifted in the tavern... Well, it would ruin everything. The thought is a bit disheartening to say the least.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi
 
Last edited:

Human Error

*Insert Incoherent Screeching Here*
strawberrycelia strawberrycelia Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi
Crow and Calcifer
As you walk up to the Weeping Oak, you notice that it is quite a bit smaller than the rest of the buildings, as it is naturally made out of the hallowed out innards of a large tree.
The tree was very much still alive, and the door actually seemed to be morphed into the tree itself.
By the sound of laughing and yelling, you could guess that there were 40+ people inside, must be a popular spot, despite it's size.
Once inside, a wave of warmth hit you and the smell of delicious food hit your nostrils.
The yelling and laughing became quieter, the only main sound, other than other patrons calmly talking, was the sound of music coming from a bard in the center of the room, one of the most soothing voices you've heard, as well as an expert on the lute. The bard continued his music, but gave you two a sideways glance as you two entered the tavern.
From behind a counter on the opposite side of the room, a human woman with long, messy black hair and a goofy smile on her face looked away from the conversation she was having to look at the new people who just entered,

"Oi there! Welcome to the Weepin' Oak! 'Ow can I 'elp ye!"
Looking around more, you notice that there can't be more than 10 people in this tavern, and when you had entered, it was plenty more quiet and cozy than what you had been hearing from outside.

Ian Temero Ian Temero
Lilith
(Repeating from before. So It don't get lost, Same to you, if you want me to add more to go off of, I can)
The dwarf didn't look toward her right away, instead taking the time to roll up what he was reading from, and stuffing it into his coat.
His attention turn to the woman in front of him, his head tilted slightly upward as he gave her a warm smile,

"Aye, I'm the captain of this here crew, and I'm always open te havin' another mage aboard."
The dwarf pushed off the side of the ship, walking slightly closer to her and holding out a hand to shake,
"The name's Fargus Westwind, and for what reason did ye want te join the crew?"
The dwarf didn't seem to be too intent on eyeing her up, instead, the dwarfs attention was drawn to the child a ways behind her, before turning his attention back to Lilith.
 

Ian Temero

Knight of Swords
f11fb562747989d8b0a19b699708564f.jpg
Lilith Falciani

HP: 20
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 14

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2


Familiar
Cat

HP: 10
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 13

The way the dwarf looked at her wasn't with the eyes of a womanizer, so maybe her initial read of him was wrong. Perhaps she should approach this with more professionalism than seduction. Still she'd err on the side of caution and keep some of the charm on. It was hard for people to say no to a pretty face after all.

Fargus offered his hand and Lilith hesitated for a moment. She hated people touching her, but she needed to make a good impression, so forcing on a smile she shook took it. "Lilith Falciani." She introduced herself. Noticing him glance towards Peggy she hoped her presence wouldn't be a deal breaker. "I've got a mouth to feed and the work around here isn't enough." She told the captain, deciding that honesty was probably the best approach with him. "Figured working on a ship would at least put a roof above our heads and food in our belly while I figured out what to do next." There was no need to mention the annoyed criminal element and potential cult looking for them. Once they were in the air and away from Helior those would be problems of the past.
 

Human Error

*Insert Incoherent Screeching Here*
(Been busy as of late, sorry)
Ian Temero Ian Temero
Lilith
Fargus gave her a deep stare before he let out a sigh,
"Your pay is based on how much you help around the ship. As long as you are working enough for the childs place one the ship, I would be glad to have you aboard."
Fargus looked past Lilith toward the child once more, waving for her to come over, glancing back up at Lilith again.
"What do you know of Sky Sailing? Are you accustomed to heights? Are you aware of some dangers that may occur?"
Fargus began to rummage around in his coat pockets, searching before he ended up pulling out a pin, holding it out to her, the pin was of a golden flower, encircled by a small silver rope, going up the stem. A similar design was on the side of the ship.
 

Ginko The Mushishi

Traveling Mushi-Shi

3b41115e88512eacac8e607c02f6eabf.jpg
Calcifer Alpine

HP:
25
AC: 16
Speed: 25 ft.

Passive Perception: 14

Cantrips
Green Flame Blade
Blade Ward

Spell Slots
1st: 3/3
Magic Missile
Chromatic Orb
Shield

Inventory
20 Crossbow bolts.
20 arrows
5GP

Cal grumbled as he was trying to decipher the map, but just as quickly as he had started, Crow's hand swallowed his wrist whole and flung him alongside Crow for a ride. Gripping the map in one hand, Cal basically flew off his feet and trailed behind Crow. "Unhand me gods damn it! WOMAN I MEAN I- AH!" Calcifer had to take measures not to bump or slam into crowds as Crow lead him along. Within a few minutes, the ride had stopped and Calcifer felt the safety of the ground once more. Growling like a dog at Crow he pulled his hand back to his side.

"Next time you do that I swear I'll..." His threat soon died down as he saw the gold symbol of an Oak Tree laid bare upon a...rather large hallowed out tree? Cal looked at Crow, then back at the symbol, then back at Crow.
"I see...Since you found it I'll let you off...This time." Calcifer was just about to go in before Crow showed her hesitance, which struck Calcifer with an opportunity to tease.
"By the sails of the Gilded Daisy I didn't take you for the one that would have cold feet, Crow. Tis' almost like watching your wedding night play out...That is if anyone were ready to put up with you and your boundless energy." Cal opened the door for Crow, and took the lead for her.

In a hushed tone, Calcifer spoke to Crow "Do not worry about the eyes that fall upon us, we've got one thing to do and one thing only." Calcifer took the first step in, then the next until he walked his way towards the bar. He noticed just how quiet it got while entering, and it struck him as odd whereas it was so loud and rambunctious on the outside. Though he decided to wipe those thoughts out of his mind for now. Hopping up on one of the stools available. With a precious little smile of his own, Calcifer started playing with his gold piece again while he spoke to the woman with the messy black hair.
"I hope you certainly can help us, Ma'am. We're here on business. Ol' Westy sent us both here. Mind helping us along our way?"

Human Error Human Error
strawberrycelia strawberrycelia
 

Human Error

*Insert Incoherent Screeching Here*
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi strawberrycelia strawberrycelia
Calcifer and Crow
Moving through the tavern, you notice that actually not many eyes are on you two, just the occasional curious glance from the patrons, but none seen to be wanting any trouble, although they look like people that would definitely start something, the tavern does seem to have an air of peace, you felt it since you entered, you just feel more calm.
The woman behind the counter leaned against the counter, watching you two with bright red eyes, strange, even around here.
Her mood lifted as she heard about Fargus, and she gave a wide smile, she pushed off the counter, and crossed her arms,

"Ah, The ol dwarf needs his usual, eh?"
She turned around and grabbed a smaller bag off one of the many shelves behind her, then emptied the contents in front of them, what fell out were two sets of four dice, one made of wood, and one made of metal.
"Entertain yourselves with this while I go and fetch it, it may take me a while to find it."

Ian Temero Ian Temero
Lilith
Fargus gave her a deep stare before he let out a sigh,
"Your pay is based on how much you help around the ship. As long as you are working enough for the childs place one the ship, I would be glad to have you aboard."
Fargus looked past Lilith toward Peggy once more, waving for her to come over, glancing back up at Lilith again.
"What do you know of Sky Sailing? Are you accustomed to heights? Are you aware of some dangers that may occur?"
Fargus began to rummage around in his coat pockets, searching before he ended up pulling out a pin, holding it out to her, the pin was of a golden flower, encircled by a small silver rope, going up the stem. A similar design was on the side of the ship.
 

Ian Temero

Knight of Swords
f11fb562747989d8b0a19b699708564f.jpg
Lilith Falciani

HP: 20
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 14

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2


Familiar
Cat

HP: 10
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 13
"So work twice as hard. Got it." It was about what she expected to be able to bring Peggy on board. Better than expected actually. She noted the captain waving her sister over and nodded to let the child know it was okay to come. Then she answered the questions as she took the flower and pinned it to her collar. "I know next to nothing about sailing, but I'm a quick study. Heights will not be a problem. As for dangers, mechanical malfunctions, storms, chill winds, spoiled supplies, monster attacks, raiders." She had thought long and hard about this, the potential danger she was putting her sister though, but had come to the conclusion that possible danger was better than insured danger. "Those last two I’m more than confident I can handle.”

It was about this time that the small child skipped over. "I heard that dragons like airships!" The redhead piped in excitedly, bouncing on her toes. "Are we going to see any dragons?"

Lilith frowned at the thought. "Let's hope not. I can't fight those." She joked dryly, placing a hand on her sister's head. "Peggy, this is Captain Westwind."

"Hi'ya capt'n!" She chirped as she gave a salute with a wide grin, the cat in her skinny arms meowing its own greeting. "I like your ship! She's really pretty!"
 

Human Error

*Insert Incoherent Screeching Here*
Ian Temero Ian Temero
Lilith
Fargus looked down at the excited child,
"Thank ye, lass, other than me own children, she's me pride n' joy. And maybe one o' these days I can introduce ye to my dragon friend."
Fargus glanced up to Lilith, winking before he turned toward the ship and called up to it.
"Thalia! Get on down 'ere and show these two around!"
A few moments afterward, a head of blonde hair poked out over the side of the ship,
"Who'd ya rope in this time?"
The women hopped over the side with a rope and climbed down the side, jumping off and landing on the dock.
She looked the two new members up and down before giving them a smile,

"Two new sisters aboard the crew, eh?"
She began to walk over to the plank that would lead onto the ship.
"Well, let's get it over with, c'mon, I'll introduce you to some faces you'll be seein' alot."

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi strawberrycelia strawberrycelia
Calcifer and Crow
Moving through the tavern, you notice that actually not many eyes are on you two, just the occasional curious glance from the patrons, but none seen to be wanting any trouble, although they look like people that would definitely start something, the tavern does seem to have an air of peace, you felt it since you entered, you just feel more calm.
The woman behind the counter leaned against the counter, watching you two with bright red eyes, strange, even around here.
Her mood lifted as she heard about Fargus, and she gave a wide smile, she pushed off the counter, and crossed her arms,

"Ah, The ol dwarf needs his usual, eh?"
She turned around and grabbed a smaller bag off one of the many shelves behind her, then emptied the contents in front of them, what fell out were two sets of four dice, one made of wood, and one made of metal.
"Entertain yourselves with this while I go and fetch it, it may take me a while to find it."​
 

strawberrycelia

lil pink bunn

Crow.jpg
Crow

HP:
23/23
AC: 12
Speed: 30ft

Passive Perception: 9

Cantrips
Fire Bolt
Prestidigitation
Message
Shape Water

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
Feather Fall
Fog Cloud
Ice Knife
Sleep

2nd: 2/2
Fog Cloud
Ice Knife
Sleep

Crow's cheeks flush at the mention of marriage. Such a silly thing, so far from changeling culture, but fascinating nonetheless. Crow is about to shoot back that she'd be an absolute catch, what with her ability to switch out her appearance and... parts at any point, but Calcifer opens the door to the weeping Oak and she's struck silent. It's so... pretty. She sticks close to Calcifer and looks around the place, a grin spreading across her face.

The woman behind the counter is striking, her eyes a bright shade of red. Crow listens intently and watches in fascination as the woman dumps two pairs of dice in front of them before heading to the back room. Quickly she crowds into Calcifer's personal space and doesn't think twice before she snatches the metal pair, flashing the halfling a Cheshire smile. "Whoever rolls higher buys the other a drink?"

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi
 

Ian Temero

Knight of Swords
f11fb562747989d8b0a19b699708564f.jpg
Lilith Falciani

HP: 20
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 14

Spell Slots
1st: 4/4
2nd: 2/2


Familiar
Cat

HP: 10
AC: 14

Passive Perception: 13

Peggy let out an excited gasp at the though of meeting a dragon while Lilith just rolled her eyes. The woman called Thalia climbed down the side and the small girl watched her performance in awe. "Wow! That was awesome!" She squealed. "Lil! Can you do that?"

"Maybe..." Lilith answered. She wasn't strong enough to be good at climbing, but rappelling with some fancy flips, that she could do. The sailor started walking up the plank and Lilith scooped Peggy up into her arms and started to follow.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top