• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Pirates of the Darkening Skies - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
@Silanon Did you want our paths to intertwine still? I can make that happen easily enough.
Sure thing! Your character's a ittle older as well, right? That'd mean that it's plausible to have been working together a number of times already, despite her jumping between different crews all the time. The last trip was before the one that lead to your escape; she might have warned you when she left the ship, your call how much she told you in advance. Not too much, I'd say; just enough of a hint to let him mentally prepare for his heroic deed.

Sure thing! Your character's a ittle older as well, right? That'd mean that it's plausible to have been working together a number of times already, despite her jumping between different crews all the time. The last trip was before the one that lead to your escape; she might have warned you when she left the ship, your call how much she told you in advance. Not too much, I'd say; just enough of a hint to let him mentally prepare for his heroic deed.

That's right. As if now I'm thinking mid to late twenties.

And I think I'll go with that idea. Could make aine fun weaving if backstories using that.

I'll try to be starting my CS this evening. Already got the the base readied in drafts, and made mobile friendly for my sake. Hust got to start filling things in.

Grey Grey "...treefolk are functionally gods" Kona has no interest in any of that nonsense.

Though, a lot of this talk about Ivara and Rex's character has got me thinking. We don't have anyone filling the captain spot, right? I might tweak Kona to fill that role. She's already has the highest Guile and Persuasion out of the characters I've seen so far, and she sort of has the pedigree to boot as well. Maybe she's pulled some favors to get herself a rickety old junker airship (maybe she has a debt to someone now in exchange for it or someone's just happy to piss off her father some by helping her) and is recruiting people she knows personally or has heard good things about.

Somehow I missed a bunch of pages. Crud.

But! One thing we could play on is her being a Captain in training. Rather than tweaking her to fit that role, instead have it be a role she grows into. And becomes a person that they follow, not just because shes an heir or started out that way. But earned the title of their leader via their experiences and proving herself as such.

Also! If you arent interested in the job, I'd be willing to take the mantle :3

Silanon Silanon
What was that I saw you mention about bonds?

Well, for my advantages I think I'll go with, the following, if they are specific enough.

Training: Sky Pirate (as you had advised)

Familiarity: construct handler, bonus when taking or working with elemental constructs - animal handling, empathy, persuasion.

[If construct handler is not viable]
Pirate Notoriety(or some specific faction if their are any) bonus when dealing with and navigating those of the like minded professional. - mingling, subterfuge, empathy

Knowledge: Endjinn aficionado, bonus when operating or working on construct powered skyships. Craft, administration, navigation
(Saving that for an easy find for me.)

Grey Grey
What attributes would most closely affect piloting and craft rolls?

D. Rex D. Rex Whether she's the captain now or later, I already planned on her starting out with not many people trusting her or expecting much. She's definitely inexperienced when it comes to making command decisions. People (important people) really only care about her because they can exploit her (either to use against her father or for some other personal ambition). If you want to be the current captain (training her or whatever) I'm fine with that, but I still think it makes sense that the only reason they could afford their own ship is by name dropping that she's the daughter of Smokebeard.

D. Rex D. Rex Whether she's the captain now or later, I already planned on her starting out with not many people trusting her or expecting much. She's definitely inexperienced when it comes to making command decisions. People (important people) really only care about her because they can exploit her (either to use against her father or for some other personal ambition). If you want to be the current captain (training her or whatever) I'm fine with that, but I still think it makes sense that the only reason they could afford their own ship is by name dropping that she's the daughter of Smokebeard.
I think being a supportive First Mate would be more his style. Or even something lesser. He cant quite do much commanding while focusing on the helm aside from telling folks to hang on or to prepare for a opportunistic maneuver or broadside.

Besides, I like the Iroh angle. Imparting in her wisdom and skills to help her be the best while letting her lead at her own pace.

Grey Grey
I got the mechanics up. Let me know if they are wrong. Went with the assumed 60xp for abilities (will remove the xp counters later)

Do you have a new calculator for the combat stats? They didnt all seem to match what was in the chargen doc. I might have gotten a couple wrong.

I am currently a few drinks in and at a convention so normal service will resume soon maybe

Grey Grey
I got the mechanics up. Let me know if they are wrong. Went with the assumed 60xp for abilities (will remove the xp counters later)

Do you have a new calculator for the combat stats? They didnt all seem to match what was in the chargen doc. I might have gotten a couple wrong.

This is upthread and if no one has you covered by morning local I'll get you.

D. Rex D. Rex Think this might be what you're looking for.

Defence
Defence: Dexterity + Defence
Parry: Defence + Parry Focus, etc
Evade: Defence + Evade Focus, etc
Block: Defence + Shield Focus, etc

Offence
Melee: Dexterity + Melee
Ranged: Intuition + Ranged
Unarmed: Dexterity + Unarmed

Speed: Fitness + Athletics
Initiative: Speed + Composure
Combat Pool: Speed + Dexterity
Physical Soak: The lower of Fitness or Strength
Magic Resistance: = Willpower + any special traits
Health: 10 Condition: 20
Short question about this: There's two kinds of Defence here, right? For Parry, Evade etc, which one do we take? If I have the skill Defence 2, and Dex 3, without a focus, do I have Parry 2, or 5?
5 until you take a Focus

D. Rex D. Rex Your Attributes and Skills add up properly. You have 3 unspent XP on Attributes that you could use to up Guile to 2, but I assume you'd rather save it to up something different.

I'm on the train right now but I'll look over the mechanics when I'm in my office at home, so I can focus.

Esbilon Esbilon Epiphany Epiphany Any ideas for your characters? Bear in mind, this is the kind of game where you can easily join the crew a little down the line if you fancy you'll need a lot more time.
I'd hate to hurry you or lose you, since I like having you both at my table.

Otherwise, let me ponder on where we find outselves in awful pirate ancap land - possibly in the midst of being summoned to Leadbelly's lair to beg her, uh, charity.

Esbilon Esbilon Epiphany Epiphany Any ideas for your characters? Bear in mind, this is the kind of game where you can easily join the crew a little down the line if you fancy you'll need a lot more time.
I'd hate to hurry you or lose you, since I like having you both at my table.

Otherwise, let me ponder on where we find outselves in awful pirate ancap land - possibly in the midst of being summoned to Leadbelly's lair to beg her, uh, charity.
SOrry, I haven't been able to find the time to plan out anything more concrete than what I said initially. I like magic and I like a divine heritage, but how exactly this would work out, I dunno and unfortunately, I have plans every day of the week this week. House Hulbrad sounded most appealing on my initial read through.

Cool and fine. Hulbrad, the House of Apocalypse, are prone to turning up all over the place due to their extensive intelligence networks.

I think once D.Rex establishes backstory I can get a thread up.
Everyone still on board?

Still here, and ready to go once the magical details are done.

Also, I have question. Regarding the alchemy stat, when should I rolls using it? Is it like everytime I tried to make chemical substance? When I play alchemist character things like that usually done off-screen though so I'm not sure how to apply the stat here.

Still here, and ready to go once the magical details are done.
I think the last prospective School details were fairly solid, but I'll go over them again today and see if anything really needs a tweak.

Also, I have question. Regarding the alchemy stat, when should I rolls using it? Is it like everytime I tried to make chemical substance? When I play alchemist character things like that usually done off-screen though so I'm not sure how to apply the stat here.

When you're making a substance or doing some ad-hoc chemistry, I might ask you to roll it - but you can generally assume that under normal circumstances, routine mixtures are well within your ability without a roll and you probably have a reasonable stock of substances you made off screen.

Cool and fine. Hulbrad, the House of Apocalypse, are prone to turning up all over the place due to their extensive intelligence networks.

I think once D.Rex establishes backstory I can get a thread up.
Everyone still on board?
Was waiting on your judgement of the mechanics.

Was waiting on your judgement of the mechanics.

They look fine to me; do consider spending that last 3 Attribute XP on Guile, or I'll let you carry it forward to add a Skill to one of your advantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back