• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
pirates.jpg
Boline. The town, the island, the former slave plantation/jail for any criminal scum of the Bull nation. Eighty five years ago two pirate captains joined forces to infiltrate and attack the island. The pirates who had sneaked onto the plantions began freeing the slaves to help fight back. The island had potential... Where the Bull would use slaves to work and farm, pirates could live and build a home. The fort at the highest point of the island made for excellent defense. You could spot a attacking force from a fair distance and work on a counter before the island is in range of fire.
The two captains are respected and feared among the seas for various reasons.
Captain blackbeard, said to be the devil in human form. And his rival turned ally captain Gold Rodger.
The thing they are most known for is rallying pirates together under their name, creating a unified fighting force of criminals that at one point in time was powerful enough to rival the navy.
(As the stories go...)
With the death of blackbeard in battle and Rodger dissapearing, pirates had no leadership and fell to fighting each other once more.

At the currant age, 1769 if your some educated sort... the island and town of Boline is still under occupation of pirates.
Refugees from various parts of the world land here hoping for a new life, The land while dangerous with beasts and monsters, holds bounty in many ways. The Town, which was built over time eventually became home to those with dreams, and those whose lives had no worth in the eyes of the government. A pirate council of four captains rule over Boline. While the fleets are divided the power the four captains have is oppression. They take what they want when they want, the payment?
"There's no navy bombing us right? That's because we protect Boline"

Two captains currently reside in the fort of Boline, their forces ransack the town of rum, wine and various foods. Be it stolen from a merchant in the seas, or from the three rival bars. The Sanders pirates and the blackrose pirates "on the order of the council" began stealing from the town. Pirates, and people alike. All would give tribute.

This was unfortunate for the three pirates who entered the ragged dragon. As they attempted to steal from one of the demon twins, Jay was quick to beat all to death. As each person in the building stood still. The man who fought back began to speak. "No one steals a drink from my hand.. I don't care if it's a army. I paid for shit it's mine, you need to kill me before you can stand on top of me, take what's mine as yours."
Jay pushed his greying hair to The side as he put his hat back on. His twin brother Bo was quick to stand. Unsure if Jay had brought the wrath of a small army down upon the town... The twins had landed on Boline searching for a bounty, the bounty was killed and the twins were left stranded when the blackrose pirates decided the merchant ship should join their captains collection.
In the two months of being here there was very few who stood up to main pirate crews on the island.
Bo noticed more of the sanders pirates heading toward the bar. A wagon remained empty out the front of the ragged dragon, men and women all across the town, even in the shanty tents outside the town were robbed this night. The people were at boiling point. All they needed was a leader to direct that anger, or a fool to throw the first punch. The people were ready to riot.

IdeaLover IdeaLover Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Yahhah Yahhah Bellatsakha Bellatsakha Redfork2000 Redfork2000
Your characters are in the town of Boline somewhere, if you are in the biggest bar in town, you have witnessed three men get beaten to death and somewhat inspiring ramblings. At least twenty of the sanders pirates are approaching and a fight will happen once they see there men murdered.

“Are you experiencing chills as well?” Anais asked the patient sat in front of her on the hospital bed.

He was a middle-aged man with a gaggle of children and an expecting wife waiting by his side, “Yeh, actually. My bones get all shivery even when I’m in front of the fire.”

“Okay, I know what it is,” She said, “The cut is infected and it’s given you a fever. I can heal the cut, but the fever will take a while to go away. You can drink a little eucalyptus oil with a cup of tea twice a day and it should ease the symptoms.”

“Thank you miss.” He said and the whole family sighed in relief.

“You’re welcome, just make sure to tend to any cuts you get in the future properly and hopefully we can avoid it getting this bad again.” She smiled at him and called for one of the teen girls working as staff to fetch the man some eucalyptus oil in a small bottle.

She pulled his arm towards her. The cut had puffed up, yellow pus had collected around it, the skin was red and inflamed and she reckoned it had to be very sore. One of his children, a young girl perched at his side, scrunched her face up in disgust and mimed vomiting at the sight. Anais supposed it wasn’t very pleasant but she’d seen much worse. She reached her other hand over the start of the cut and gently pressed down, a warm orange light glowed as she used her magic to pull the red blood cells together and close the cut. It was small so it barely took a minute.

The man left with a spring in his step and Anais felt like she’d accomplished something. It was a nice feeling that she got every time she helped someone and the main reason she kept on learning as much as she could about the human body and how to cure things. Her healing magic could only fix surface wounds though so she had a long way to go.

Just as she was washing her hands, a man in a bartender’s uniform slammed open the doors into the ward and yelled, “Hey! Pirates are in my bar trying to steal everything. It’s gonna get pretty bloody so just letting you know.” That was all he said before he stomped out, his frown lines like a crevice in his face.

The doctors tutted and frowned. Anais knew how pirates could be since she’d traveled with them before. It would be a bloodbath up there and all the injured would slowly migrate to them and they’d be swamped. She sighed and wiped her hands dry on a towel. It wouldn’t be the first time either, those pirates had been up and down the island leaving nothing but problems, especially for the hospital which was the only one with more than one employee.

She had planned on only visiting for a month or so before she’d be on her way, but she’d stuck around since the pirates showed up to help with the onslaught of injuries. In preparation, she packed a small bag of cleaning supplies. At least they only gave people cuts and bruises because she could heal those with her hands so she didn’t have to carry a huge bag around containing all the medical supplies. Hopefully, there wouldn't be too many deaths this time.

She glanced at the clock and announced to the room, “I’ll give it half an hour then head up there to see what's going on."

To think he'd almost had a quiet day. Varus Blackfin had simply entered Boline with the intention of getting a quick drink, maybe a boat so he wouldn't have to swim all the way to the next landmass, and a bit of respite, but it seemed the man was out of luck.

He'd walked into the biggest tavern in town bought a couple drinks and had been happily enjoying a bit of merriment when a bunch of pirates had barged in and attempted to pillage the establishment, they seemed to have picked on the wrong group as they were easily beaten to death by a pair of men, who then spouted off something or other. Varus had spent a bit of time in the town already and was quite familiar with the fact that a large crew of pirates seemed to run the place. Varus had never considered himself a pirate, of course he wasn't a man of the law either. The wereshark was more of a wandering Bandit than anything else, grabbing whatever he could, and latching on to opportunity before disappearing back into the sea.

He didn't have time to do that now, the pirates would be here soon, and they would be mad. Varus wagered every man in the bar would be slaughtered if they didn't fight back so he did the only thing that made sense. He pulled out his flintlock and began to clean it. Pulling out a small rag, and pouring some powder down the barrel. He sharpened his teeth to points as he finished with the gun. He gave a bit of a dry cackle, as he lifted himself from the chair

"Well, this is gonna a damn good time" he grunted to no one in particular. He pulled out a sabre from a scabbard as he leaned against the bar, not much else to besides waiting for the place to get sacked.

200b2eab7905980a65ffd20734df49e2.jpg
First mate Gnawty (of the sanders crew)
led fifteen of his men toward the ragged dragon, four others broke away from the group to hassle others.
Gnawty was known for his fighting skill and his abilty to turn into a beast like version of himself.
"raghhhhhhhrr"
The calling sign of the lionman Gnawty sounded out through the streets of boline. The bartender of the ragged dragon punched the counter in anger.
"All of you get the fuck out! I'm not having Gnawty and his big bitch pull the roof off my home"
The people who knew the name (and were scared of it) ran. The bar slowly shifted, with a few finishing drinks as quick as possible before running. Others like Varus began to ready themselves.

But The men following the lion are all ready themselves. Some held daggers or blades of varying kind, others had single shot rifles packed and loaded.
One giant of a man (8ft)
Held a club the size of himself, it looked like a tree he had broken all the branches of.

Bo let a massive sigh loose as the last of the pacifist pushed their way out
"Jay it's time to go outside"
"But it's easier to fight indoors" Jay announced with a laugh.
Bo looked out the door again. "You always wanted a crack at Gnawty didn't You? Or perhaps you would rather test your arm on the giant?"
Jays eyebrows shot up at the word giant, and he was convinced on going outside to see.

Bo looked over the crowd in the bar who seemed to be preparing for a fight.

"The council falls tonight People! By my fire or my brothers hand. We shall show the pirate government that you cannot tax free men and women!"
Bo held a flaming fist infront of him to emphasis his point.
"Fight with us, give me the cunning, the strong and the powerful of you. Those who join Us and live will cement their place in history as the council crumbles and a new age of piracy begins!"
Bo's heart was pounding in his chest, fighting was nothing, the thought of death made Bo laugh. But public speaking? Terrifying. Bo kept his face composed as he stormed out the door to follow his brother. The Demon twin with a brain was hoping he inspired some men to join the fight.... the two had been in tougher situations, but being stuck on Boline with an island against you would surely end in death, Bo could see that... Jay just seemed giddy for a challenge.

Jay spoke softly but excited as his brother stood next to him.
"Which do you want? I'm gonna murder the big one I'm sure of it"

Yahhah Yahhah Archdemon Archdemon Bellatsakha Bellatsakha Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse Redfork2000 Redfork2000 IdeaLover IdeaLover LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
The first confrontation is about to begin, remember to write actions as attempts, I will write enemy and Npc reactions. If you use a skill or a stat to try and emphasize why your attempt at violence or diplomacy should work please bracket it after the action as so (strength 5) or whatever is needed. Intelligence and charisma would be used to complete tasks non violently.

Last edited:
  • Stats:
    • Strength: 4/100
    • Agility: 4/100
    • Dexterity: 8/100
    • Charisma: 2/100
    • Intelligence: 8/100
    • Magic: 4/100
    Power: Aqua Domain - Water Control
Inside the Ragged Dragon there had been another pair of siblings aside from Bo and Jay. Keta and Codi had arrived at Boline a few weeks ago. They had been traveling with a merchant and his shipping company, securing materials for Codi and researching new recipes for Keta. Boline was a reluctant stop for the merchant. They had some relations with pirates. With one of the council there was a verbal deal, it was nothing more than extortion for the vessels supposedly assured safety in the waters around Boline. But another captain of the council had raided the ship for anything of value while docked on the first night. After that the furious merchant took his crew and left, completely forgetting the two siblings had opted to stay in town for the night. And that's how Keta and Codi ended up stuck on Boline.

Keta wiped her mouth with a napkin. She had just finished her food when she noticed three dead men on the floor. Without any surprise in her voice she asked, "Did I miss something?"
"Three idiots fought one idiot. Three idiots loss. One idiot won and started spouting some nonsense." Codi picked at her food. It looked like she'd been moving it around more than eating any.
"What's with men and always fighting...but how was zi?" She glanced over at the one she assumed had just fought. "Oh, there's a double!"
"Who? The idiot? It was over in seconds, not enough to tell really. And it's twin, not double."
Codi scanned the bar. Everyone was shifting around. The bartender looked ready to burst. She sighed putting her fork down. "Seems like we're gonna get kicked out again, that skittish bartender has done this every time there's been a fight."
"Finish your food and we can go." Keta was still looking at the two men. She was sitting relaxed and with out a care, almost every other day a fight had broken out. And she was quite used to random deaths, especially ones in restaurants. Keta had her chin propped on her hand. This was her usual sitting position when bored. She stabbed into a piece of meat on Codi's plate and ate it. "Taste like garbage but I won't have you wasting food."

Most of the patrons had left by now, leaving the twins and a few others. If these people were to stand with the twins was unknown. Keta however hated the fact that so much food had been left on their plates and drinks in their cups. "Tsk."
"Then why do we keep coming here for food?" Codi ignored her sister's annoyance. Because she felt miserable, had been for awhile now. Codi knew her sister was an excellent chef, but for nearly every meal since they got stuck on this island, they come to this dingy bar for this crude excuse for food.
"We're stuck in Boline, so I might as well learn about the local cuisine. There has to be some appeal to this food, and I aim to discover just that." Keta angrily stabbed a potato like vegetable but had a difficult time swallowing it. She gripped her fork as her hand clenched into a fist. A quick drink and she let out a heavy breath. "I don't think what I just ate is meant for human consumption..." She paused hesitating at what she was about to say. "I don't like it, but we can go. Actually, I heard something interesting last night. Supposedly, the people in charge here have grand banquets. It just so happens one is later today. I'm sure they'll have plenty of ingredients I've never seen before."
"Oh thank Zire." Codi got up from her chair and picked up her backpack off the ground. Where the backpack had been, the wood floors had bent noticeably. Once she was ready she gave her sister a worried look. "You're not expecting them to just hand over the ingredients, right?"
"I have an idea, just trust your sis." Keta followed after Bo and Jay, with Codi chasing after her.

Once outside she went over to the two men and got their attention, not having noticed the men lined up with weapons. "Excuse me, you two gentleman wouldn't happen to be going to see the leaders of this island would you? If you let me and my sister tag along, I'll cook all the good mood foods for you, more than you could possibly enjoy!"
As Codi came out and saw the situation, men with hostility on approach, she dropped her backpack with a thud. Her arm pulled back behind her head and in a few short moments a spear of ice had formed in her hand. Without hesitation she threw it at one of the men with a rifle. As soon as the first had been thrown, she created another spear of slightly different variety, more adept for melee combat than ranged attack.

(Please let me know if the dialogue colors need to be adjusted. I've decided Keta and Codi will only use the Zi, Zir, Zirs, Zirself in dialogue, it affected the flow of words too much.)

Last edited:
Narcisse Delacroix
The sound of footfall made itself known as four men stepped forward to the pier, moving from their ship to the wooden grounding in those moments was what appeared to be yet another captain. Narcisse paid no mind to the two newcomers and finished tying off his ship, a difficult task for one man but one he'd come to be well-versed in. Granted the ship was little more than a dinghy, it was a dory to be exact- and from the looks of it the small boat seemed to be taking on water rather hastily. Turning around Narcisse was met with the sight of two rifles aimed at his head, bayonets extended past the end of their barrel and threatened to poke an eye out as he locked eyes with them. "It's a shilling to tie up your boat miss, pay up." One of the riflemen said with a grin as his eyes moved seemed to lasciviously glance over his body, the other rifleman made some motion to agree with his accomplice but stayed quiet outside of an annoyed breath. In the numerous trips Narcisse had taken, Boline had been one his least enjoyable ones- the brothels here had proved plenty enjoyable, and the food tended to be better than his the last cook could manage, the issue came from the damn docking tax he had to pay any time he came through. Of course this prompted a sigh of annoyance as Narcisse reached into his pocket, their aim seemed to intensify before the shilling was produced from his pocket and he tossed it to the one who stated it's requirement. "I s'ppose you'd be needing to know my calling, Captain Ambroise- That's me name." He stated as the shilling was caught by the one gun that resolved it's aim.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance then, Captain." The man stated before pocketing the shilling, another set of footsteps approached quickly and shouted out to the other two men. That along with a faint clinking sound of metal, "Oi! You two! Keep watch for a captain with a lil' ship- The sir's looking for 'im, silver haired." The bearded man said as he approached. Turning his head to look at the newcomer Narcisse failed to realize the wind was picking up, a gust caught his hat and pulled it free from his head. Immediately his arm shot out and snatched it from the air, but upon turning back both rifles were trained on him, his hood had fallen back at this point. "You loose the shilling mate? I paid off this whole fee you imposed so might as well let me pass, savvy?" Narcisse honestly didn't want to deal with whatever they'd decided on but feeling the sun on the back of his head led him to an easy enough explanation. One of the men with their rifle trained him narrowed his eyebrows, a bush of messy black hair pressed together above his nose as the newcomer stared at Narcisse in disbelief.

"Record timing boys. Capture of this one will most certainly improve the captains opinion of ye both." He smirked cockily and stepped forward, still well under the defense of the two riflemen on either side. His comment earned a chuckle from the other three, the two riflemen had their moment of humor cut short once they realized that Narcisse had been accompanying their somewhat jovial tone. "Rich mate. You two blokes think he would let wind o' that news reach the cap'n," Narcisse looked between the two who seemed to relinquish some of their focus in that moment as the middle man looked to contest, his face had twisted into a mass of frustration and something of annoyance as he hurriedly took a step forward. "A first mate wants to alw'ys look better than the crew, o'erwise he'd be one of 'em." The two riflemen turned to look at their third member with a bit of a confused expression before dropping their rifles to the side and drawing their cutlasses, each seemed unsure of who to point the blade at as the center man shook his head in annoyance. "Captain's fury'll be upon us all if we don't get him!" He shouted as if to cut out any room for negotiations, the two turned to Narcisse again who responded by shrugging with a simple "He's got a point mate."

~~Slight Skip~~​

In the next twenty minutes Narcisse had been put in irons (handcuffed), and was being led through town with the three men from the pier. "Narcisse Delacroix-" The higher-up spoke snarkily before Narcisse himself cut in, "Captain" he responded with just as much of an attitude. The man rolled his eyes before continuing on with whatever he had meant to say, "You're just as your stories say. Looks of a woman, deceitful as any other pirate." He spoke to which the two men who walked on either side behind him decided to bring their own commentary into the mix, clearly they lacked the intelligence and pride that their third member had. Narcisse turned to face each of them as they spoke, "Legend has it he managed to escape the locker o' Davy Jones" To which the other, who had until this point been silent, responded "Aye. Surely it be rumor, no cap'n alive could escape being marooned by their own crew much less Jones." their whispers proved to be far more interesting to Narcisse than to the ramblings of the man who headed the charge. "... Furthermore, Blackrose will be more than happy to see you hang..." but at this point Narcisse has just tuned him out. His best bet of escape would be with the other two, which for some reason the other man had given the key to his cuffs to. He slowed his walking slightly to move between them and glanced between them both who looked at him, "I say your best option be knocking 'im out now. Think o' it, taking my bounty for yourselves, gaining position in your ranks. It's what ye want ain't it?" Narcisse prompted to them both, the two smirked to one another before quietly drawing their swords and making haste to move forwards. In the process one bumped into Narcisse, "Sorry mate." he quickly apologized to the man as the continued forward. Narcisse had only been chained in the hands, so like any self-respecting pirate he bolted when they had their backs turned.

Quickly he made his way down a street and into an alleyway, this was where he unlocked the irons and hid them beneath some rubbish that had been left out in the alley. Reaching back and pulling his hood back over his head he ensured it was positioned well enough to hide most of his face if he were to look down, this was held in place by the placement of his hat to keep the damned thing from falling off with a stiff breeze. Continuing through the alleyways he came across a bar, and within there was some sort of conflict going down from the sounds of it. Moving to peak around the corner he was soon stopped short as a man with graying hair pushed through the door and made his exit, from within it seemed that another man was attempting to rally whatever amount of people remained in the bar before he too made his exit. Now that they were out he turned to the door.... only to immediately be met with two more faces moving out, these ones he paid a bit more attention to- namely due to a twinge of unsavory intent. Taking off his hat for a moment he took a bow but they seemed dead-set on pursuing the other two escapees.

"Off to go against the council, eh? One hell of a distraction i'd say" A smirk crossed his lips as he glanced through the doorway of the bar, there seemed to be a handful of people readying their weapons and preparing to combat the men of Sander's crew. The lad before had a decent speech to him, it was nothing worth writing home about but it satisfied the need to strip away the cooled layer of the morning's metaphorical porridge. Before the door to the bar could even manage to close Narcisse made his way inside and looked between the people, Varus stood out among the group but he didn't dote on any one more than the other. Moving forward he made his way to the bodies upon the floor, squatting down he pulled a compass from one of their corspes and stood to his feet. "These be Sander's crew, do they not?" he asked rhetorically before looking to the room once more. "These be the same crew that rule over the waters of this coast. Why, they appear to me as little more than feed for the fish." He spoke loudly in a means to address the room as a whole, as he did this he started forward before stepping up atop a chair followed by the table.

"Ye be pirates, don't ye? Payin' tribute to a cap'n that brings no riches to his crew, I'd say a mutiny's in order." He announced before looking out one of the windows and witnessing one of the members from before toss a spear of ice like a javelin towards the men of the corrupted crew. Turning his attention away from them for the moment he returned his gaze back to the bar patrons in a sweeping arc, his tone was confident and he seemed to almost exude a persuasive aura of a type. "I'm sure those bastards have taken more from your haul then they dare give back. So I raise a, proposition of sorts." Narcisse made note of what he was doing as he jumped atop the next table, it wobbled uneasily for a moment before he continued walking. His movement, and rather strange course of actions, would hopefully warrant the attention of the others who stood in preparation for whatever conflict was to come. "It is my intention to commandeer one of their ships in this here harbor, pick up a crew of able bodied pirates, raid, pillage, plunder my weaselly black guts out. So I ask you all. Are you contempt with being taken as o'erwise petty men, those who are pressed like rats beneath the councils thumb!" Jumping back to the floor he continued his speech as he walked back towards the door. "Those of ye who seek vengeance on those who wronged ye- Pack yer powder and let them hear your shot ring out! Rush forward and show them the wrath they call upon themselves!"

"Ye who wish join me pour forward. Tonight we cull their crew and seize their harbor, we gather those who wish oppose the councils greed and cut down those who uphold it. Join me crew or not, if fear is what holds ye back let wrath push ye forward!" (Charisma 9) He shouted out before leaving the bar and exiting into the streets, with any luck that would persuade those who remained in the bar to come out and combat the approaching men- or if he was even luckier then he may have earned a few extra deckhands for the crew he sought to piece together. At the least of luck he may not have even swayed someone to stand from their stool, but he'd have to hope for the best in this scenario. Turning towards the four in the street he followed them with a grin, "Seems the four of ye seek to tarnish the tyrants iron rule. If so I may have a proposition for ye." He called out from a decent distance behind them, they did have a head-start in advancing through the street after all. "If not then you'll serve as a decent enough distraction" he muttered beneath his breath as he drew one of his two pistols and used his thumb to pull back on the hammer, a small click indicating that it was ready to be fired.
Interactions/Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah , NeonFlow NeonFlow , IdeaLover IdeaLover ,Probably Drunk Pirates in the Bar

A warm wind seemed to blow as Captain Narcisse spoke, the men in the ragged dragon inspired by the woman with boyish charm. Sixteen men (Varus blackfin makes seventeen)
Who had their blades and pistols ready. A tall man by the name of Corbin had lightning between his palms. The magic man pushed ahead of the crowd to be one of the first to make a difference. Inspired by the twins actions and the captains words. The battle had already started however...
Codi was accurate with her spear of ice, soaring through the air as if cold looks could kill piercing a member of the sanders pirates, his dying screams loud at first but quickly go unnoticed as his comrades retaliate. The five men holding rifles take aim at the group outside the tavern.

The hopeful cook asked a question the twins had no time to answer, as jay blew a massive cloud of smoke enveloping the entire Sanders pirates. (The 8ft man was unaffected.)
Bo pushed the female idiot down and the two narrowly avoided gunfire.
Another person shouted from a small distance, they were soon followed by the remaining men who rallied to fight.

As the giant man waved his club to get rid of the smoke first mate Gnawty burst into laughter
"you think some ragtag group has a chance against The council? You will die or kneel before the might of Miguel Sander's fleet."

Corbin was the first to speak "Sanders has six ships you tosser, hardly a fleet!"
Jay burst into laughter before adding his own answer "I'm gonna make you into cape Pussy cat"
He said pointing at Gnawty. His body turned to face the giant man with a log on his shoulder.
"and you big man!" jay smiled like a sadistic child as the big man's eyes locked onto his. "I'm gonna shove that up your ass and turn you into a candy apple"
The big man grimaced mad, but Gnawty roared before he could speak
"kill them all!"
The Sanders pirates who were not reloading rifles attempted to do just that, running at the crowd with daggers and rapiers.
Gnawty attempted to slice jay in half with his sword but the fool was to quick, avoiding the loud lion jay ran toward the giant and with a impressive leap stomped into the groin of the large man, both fell to the ground.

As Corbin and the rallied men attempted to fight the sanders crew Bo stood quickly to join in, a fierce look washed over the man as fire grew from his palms. As if throwing a bomb Bo lobbed fire at the men with guns, successfully murdering two via explosion and causing another to stop drop and roll.
Gnawty who seemed to be to quick for the hot tempered guy was quick to crash into him, the shoulder check sent Bo flying into the wall of a building behind him. As Gnawty quickly raised his sword he turned to Codi, the first to insult his honour by killing one of his men.

Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse IdeaLover IdeaLover Yahhah Yahhah Archdemon Archdemon
Redfork2000 Redfork2000

A woman crashed in through the door, her coughing was probably louder though, all she could manage to say through her tearful gasps for air was..
"Bla..." "ro..." to all in the ward it seemed obvious that she was trying to name captain Alice blackrose, the woman died to poison of a unknown sort before she could confirm or deny the general suspicions.
To a intelligent doctor of Boline, they would know this isn't a poison or a venom that can be found in the wild. It's cruel magic...
Bellatsakha Bellatsakha

Last edited:
  • Stats:
    • Strength: 4/100
    • Agility: 4/100
    • Dexterity: 8/100
    • Charisma: 2/100
    • Intelligence: 8/100
    • Magic: 4/100
    Power: Aqua Domain - Water Control
"Codi!" Keta shouted as her sister was already reacting to the situation. Before she could do more, Bo pushed her down, saving her from the gun fire.
Ice formed around Codi, deflecting rather than blocking any shots aimed towards her. As the battle began to heat up with Bo and Jay's attacks. Codi found herself the target of Gnawty. She didn't hesitate to thrust her spear towards the enemy. (Strenght 7, Agility 3, Dexterity 5) "I'll skewer you too!" The moment it pierced his flesh, she'd freeze him from the inside out. (Magic 7)

Keta recovered quickly and went to support her sister. With what little water she could sense, she pulled it toward her to form a thin blade and sent it flying towards Gnawty. (Magic 4) With both her blades readied, she charged at him from the side planning to slash at the lower legs with her scimitar and hook into the neck with her khopesh. (Strength 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 8)

Keta and Codi had been in enough fights to know where and when to focus their attention. They worked best together and right now was the time to strike with their greatest effort. Both were focused on this man who seemed to be calling the shots, hopefully none would target them during their fight, and if so they didn't even have time to wish for an ally to aid them.

Varus Blackfin moved out of the pub and was a bit surprised at the behavior of the quartet of people that the wereshark would consider suicidal, or crazy. Personally Varus was more likely to try not to mess the biggest men in the battle. He fired off his flintlock so as not to waste it. Then simply threw it to the side. The man grew multiple feet as he shapeshifted.

His shirt was sliced in half by the dorsal fin sprouting out of his back, his face turned into a more triangular shape. With a mouth full of serrated pointed teeth. His skin changed to a blue hue with a stark white underbelly. The giant sharkman narrowed its cold black eyes, looking upon the battlefield. The shark's clawed hands clutched a scimitar, it surged forward ignoring the bar goers whom he'd been standing among a few moments before. The shark snapped its jaws, slashed out with its scimitar, and clawed out with its free hand.
(Strength 9, Agility 6)

It looked forward gauging the situation with the bigger threats. The giant and the lionman, Varus turned back at the throng of normal men fighting by the bar. Deciding to abandon the small fry Varus charged at the smaller enemy , Gnawty. The sharkman slashed out with his blade as he neared the enemy officer, it would then snap at Gnawty in an attempt to use its deadliest weapon, It's vice like jaws. Finishing with a clawed hand aimed at the lion's midsection, in quick relentless succession.
(Strength 9, Agility 6)

Anais really thought the head doctor would snap as soon as the second person came bursting through the door. However, that anger was replaced with concern as soon as the woman dropped to the floor coughing and spluttering in pain. The last thing she uttered was the name 'Alice Blackrose'.

Three nearby doctors leaped into action. They cleared the nearest cot and lifted the woman’s body onto it as steady as they could, but it was hard as she had gone completely limp. Anais rushed over and pushed her way closer. She checked her breathing first, luckily her lungs were still working but the same couldn’t be said for her heart. It was rapidly declining and they didn’t have long before she’d be dead.

“Morrison, start on chest compressions,” Anais ordered, “Taran, check the blood pressure. Mudoch, stand by to take over from Morrison.”

She pulled the woman’s eyelids open one by one and saw no reaction from her eyes, she was completely unconscious and her body was shutting down. It became obvious that this wasn’t a common affliction as Taran read her the blood pressure results and Anais checked her other vitals. Morrison had administered chest compressions for ten minutes to no avail when the head doctor, Dr. Bulstrode, approached and told them to stop.

“There’s no use.” She said wearily, her voice showing her age and experience, “If her heart hasn’t restarted by now, it never will. You can’t do compressions forever.”

Morrison protested but Bulstrode was having none of it. She all but pushed him away from the body, going a quick once over then ordering for it to be taken for an autopsy. Mudoch announced the time of death and that she died of an unknown poison and the doctors left slowly to go back to their previous patients.

“Don’t you have work to do?” Bulstrode asked Anais with a slightly wary tone as if she was going to attempt to revive the woman.

Anais wasn’t going to, she knew complete revival was impossible for even the best of healers, “I’m going to have a quick look over the body before it goes to the autopsy, if you don’t mind?”

Bulstrode flashed her a flat look, “Fine. Don’t try anything.”

Anais flashed her a smile as the head doctor walked away. There was a niggling feeling in the back of her mind that made her wonder if the cause of death was really poison because she’d treated many poisons, in fact, it was one of her specialties, and none of them had that type of reaction. Or rather, lack of reaction. She noticed there was no discoloration or swelling or noticeable bit marks as she checked the woman over more thoroughly. Instead, there was a dark purple ring in her eye that was only noticeable if you knew what you were looking for.

Her breath caught in her throat. She’d seen that before when she passed through a secluded village for a quick break before planning to take a ship from the next port over. The village was nothing like she’d ever seen before. The people were like ghosts, there was a dark fog that covered the ground constantly and the magical energy coming from everyone was the most intense she’d ever felt.

One of the villagers had a similar reaction to the woman except there was no rush to revive them. Anais wondered why no-one wanted to get close to the person, then one of the older folks showed her the rings in their eyes and a set of dark patterns covering their arms and told her never to mess with that kind of magic because the wielder wasn’t someone to be messed with. They had to be strong and malicious in order to pull that off and those two traits weren’t something Anais wanted to see together.

She remembered how the woman mentioned Alice Blackrose and wondered if the infamous sea captain had something to do with it, directly or indirectly. Bulstrode cleared her throat behind Anais as two people came to take the body away. Anais stepped away obediently and wiped her hands on her apron.

At Bulstrode’s distrustful gaze, she announced, “I’m going to head up to the bar now and see if anyone needs medical attention.”

The other doctors hummed in acknowledgment as she left. She took her time walking up to the bar, noticing the fallen rubble and bloody patches as she got closer and taking the time to keep out of sight so she didn’t get embroiled in any combat. If she was noticed, she wouldn’t be able to fight back. Not only because she didn’t have the strength nor training, but it was in her doctor’s oath to ‘do no harm’ so it would be against everything she stood for. Perhaps that was why she felt so useless on her previous pirate crew.

There was a man lying in a cobblestone alleyway blinking hard and clutching his head in pain. Anais could immediately tell he had a concussion and once she got closer, she saw the blood pouring out of his skull. She didn’t know which side he was on, but it didn’t matter because it wasn’t her place to play god and decide who lived or died. It took a while for her to heal him. The wound was so deep she feared if she’d gotten there a minute later he’d be dead. She placed his head gently down on an almost empty sack of potatoes and pushed him out of sight so he wouldn’t get hurt again as he fell unconscious.

As she made her way closer, civilians noticed her uniform and asked her for help with small cuts or bruises caused by falling rocks or the pirate’s warning strikes. She saw a group of strong magic users holding back a great deal of them and decided to wait a little longer until whichever side won decided to leave the losers for her to heal.

As Codi and Keta attacked Gnawty he used his speed to avoid damage entirely, this led to the lion man straight into the jaws of Varus who promptly tore the man to pieces. Jay also had found success in sadistically beating the tall man, he probably would have kept his word on making a candy apple of the man but settled on leaving him as a mouth breather for all eternity. As Corbin shocked the remainder of the sanders crew the rallied pirates took the opportunity to strike while the enemy was stunned.

While a massive blow to the sanders crew had happened in a instant with the death of gnawty. The numbers taken down in this fight was rather petty to what laid ahead. The entirety of the black rose pirates scoured Boline in a drunken raid, many sanders pirates join them.

Bo coughed hard and gasped for breath as he struggled to stand. Being launched into a wall was a first for him. Jay had ran on ahead to avenge his bloodline seeing as Gnawty was despatched rather quickly and someone had to pay. As he ran off to find another fight to he stopped by a woman whose uniform drew a crowd. Jay pushed through them to find a doctor.
“Miss doctor! If I punch a tall fools nose til it’s bloody and flat will he survive? I’m ok either way but if he’s still alive I need to go back and keep my word less I be a liar...”
The injured backed away from the man with a bloody a fist.
“Oi I ain’t a lepper don’t treat me like one”
Bellatsakha Bellatsakha

Bo found his way to standing and deciding if ribs were broken or not when he saw what looked like the first victory. Jay running off was no good but more important matters were at hand. The sanders and black rose pirates were drawn to the sounds of battle. Gnawty being killed before he could retaliate was the least of concern. There was more out there. And knowing the blackrose crew they are presumably armed with poison... The people of boline would have the numbers to face the council, if all of boline was on board to riot. Just the bravest of one bar against two large pirate crews is another gamble all together. Despite what felt like his chest being caved in bo felt kinda confident. One girl made ice seemingly like nothing, some man could conjure thunder, one seemed to be a fucking shark. When a shark that holds a sword is fighting the same enemy as you the odds don’t seem to weigh as hard.
So what if Miguel sanders controls the wind?.. ice, thunder, fire and a shark seem like a killing combination to face the odds. Can only assume jay is off defying logic.
The rallied men of thirteen who survived,(fourteen if we count varus blackfin, eighteen if you count the twins and and siblings although jay ran off)
Turned their attention to Narcisse... Corbin shouted with adrenaline pumping through his body “what now lass! We storm the streets? take the fort? Ill have Miguels head on a pike by midnight!"

IdeaLover IdeaLover Yahhah Yahhah Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

Anais was in the middle of healing someone’s cut hand when a man in leather armour came running up to her causing everyone to step away in fear. He asked her a rather violent question and she could tell he was one of the main fighters against the invading pirates, although the bloody fist was a good indicator. She wasn’t intimidated by him. She’d seen a lot of people like him on her travels and they didn’t scare her once she figured out they weren’t as violent as she imagined them to be. It was more the unpredictability that worried her.

She didn’t have to think about her answer, “I wouldn’t say for certain, but the impact would definitely give him a major head injury if you really managed to break the bone that much. At the least he’d lose the ability to smell or breathe through his nose, at the worst, he’d be dead. It depends on the force of the punch. Of course, if he’s alive and his wounds aren’t tended to soon then he’ll die of blood loss, but per my doctor’s oath, I have to heal him so if you really want him dead then it’s best to check him before I do.”

She rattled off all the information as quickly as possible. It wasn’t a very clear answer, but from the man’s muscles, she would guess the damage leaned towards the worst.

She only stated that last part because although she refused to use her own two hands to end someone’s life, she had nothing against other people doing it. They didn't make an oath so it wasn’t her job to tell them how to act, she was just there to pick up the pieces in the end. If there were any pieces to pick up.
NeonFlow NeonFlow

Narcisse Delacroix
In the time which Narcisse had been approaching the combat the rest of the group he'd managed to rally and the faces which truly stood out had taken haste in dispatching the opponents that were set before them. Granted his approach to the fight had been rather slow, it was still something to marvel at as he witnessed the magic that these others could call forth. Such an event caused the corners of his lips to perk up, twisting into a satisfied smirk as he continued forwards. The voice and figure of a young lass had worked in an almost uncanny way, the flintlock rested against his shoulder now as his arm had bent slightly. With each continued step he the barrel of the weapon tapped against his shoulder once more. This scenario occurred far more often than he'd willingly admit, situations where his crew, or the random people he'd inspired, would finish their conflict before he had to bother with firing a single bullet. The cheers from the merry-band-of-misfits that had joined forces out of mutual interest served to further inspire Narcisse, people who were filled with energy tended to be much easier to convince into doing something stupid. If they managed to pull something impressive off then that morale would only heighten. Reaching a hand upwards, Narcisse reached under his hood and cap and scratched at his scalp beneath the lengthy white-hair only to notice that numerous sets of eyes rested upon him. Counting them out, there seemed to be about seventeen of them and all of them likely expected the same thing from the captain- A heading.

As the breeze continued and moved towards his face he took a breath, the scent of blood and old rum mixed in an all-too-familiar way. A hint of something else made it's way into the mix as he released the breath, turning back to look at the people he glanced between them all before settling on the one who prompted a question his way. "I get where yer comin' from. The death of Sander's first-mate, the beast-man, the thrill that comes with it!" He emphasized to reiterate the shining achievement, a simple means to push reason back and promote emotion to press them forward in a similar fashion to how he lived his own life. Looking once more to the crowd as a whole he let his mind wander between them all. Among this crowd there was; a man who seemed to have taken a blow from the earlier fight fairly well, likely well off in skirmishes; Two ladies who used different forms of water, well-off magic users who seemed suited for ranged and close-range combat; A sharkman, gave off a similar vibe to a savage beast- and likely could bite Narcisse in two without much efforts; and then of course the other members from the bar, the group of able-bodied sea-folk who'd managed to survive a decently powerful skirmish.

"I believe my intent is fairly clear, seizing their harbor and takin' whatever ship suits my fancy." He prompted and held his arms out to the side as though he were shrugging before walking past some of the crowd in the direction of the harbor. He'd taken about three steps before spinning back around on his heel to face the men once more, and in this move he decided to return his pistol to his belt. "If you wish to claim the head of that messes captain-" He gestured to the splattered gore that remained of Gnawty, "Feel more than obliged to do so- Those of you who wish not to do the hempen jig or have a blade kissed by the Blackrose venom run through ye'." He paused to let the point sink in as the distant sound of carnage from the drunken storming of the streets continued it's approach towards them- another occurrence of nightmarish raiding dealt to the already struggling township served as nothing new to him, such a thing razing this landscape was far more commonplace than even a stray cannon-balls devastating blow.

"Well ye have a few options, the first of which is stay here to brave the slaughter that makes it's way ever closer. The next is the true proposition I be talkin' of." He raised his voice a bit more with this as he took just a moment to fully process what he was going to say. "The vessel I intend to claim as me own, If it strike your fancy- I extend the offer to each of you to sail with me. No captain is quite the sum of his word without a crew and ship, to me the latter option sounds far more appeasing. If any of you intend upon staying and combating that horde- My next bottle o' rum will be in memory of ye." He spoke clearly before beginning to walk backwards while still facing the rest of the crew, he didn't wish to put on too much of a show since that would just be an oddity- this was simply to test if he'd piqued any of their interest. "If you do intend upon joining me crew, don't hesitate to extend to invitation to those on our way to the harbor- just know that once the sails have lowered and ship pulls 'way, we're not coming back until we decide to finish off the tyrants that rule this land." He spoke simply before removing his hat and bowing a little, a way to express respect for the honor they'd showed in that fight before placing the hat back upon his head and turning away from them. Whether they came or not would be entirely up to what their own emotions and goals led them to do, his had simply been to steal a ship and possibly pick up a portion of his crew here. The fact that he'd riled up a bunch of people in a bar to kill another captains first-mate had been entirely happenstance. Regardless of this he continued his way towards the harbor, his eyes feasting hungrily upon the coastline and looking through the ships to find out which boat he would be commandeering.
Interactions/Mentions: IdeaLover IdeaLover NeonFlow NeonFlow Yahhah Yahhah

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back