2019 Writing Event Pink Roses for Her

MJ ._.

Nothing

That evening, he was supposed to tell her. Most boys did it easily; they just went to girls whom they preferred and told them about their feelings. But his feelings were different; they burnt. Even looking at her had become sweetly painful. They knew each other since childhood. She was a sweet girl. He liked her but she was only a child. Then he went to the city for less than two years and when he returned, she wasn’t a child anymore. She’d bloomed into an adorable young maid with soft round face and large brown eyes. Pink roses suits her pink cheeks, he had decided. So that day he had walked far from the village to pick wild pink roses that grew beyond the dark forest. He had a bunch of them in his arms when he walked back but as he reached the forest the sun had started sinking down. He had to hurry to meet her before the light was gone.

“What a wonderful smell.” Said a sweet voice as soon as he stepped into the forest. Startled, he turned toward the voice. “Who’s there?” He asked warily. From shadows, stepped forth a young woman with fiery red wavy locks that reached her heaps. She wore a black dress so thin and tight that her curved attractively showed off. “Can I smell them closely?” She asked but before he could answer she’d come close enough for him to sense her sweet smell. “Smells good…” She repeated softly. “Your smell is even better.” The boy replied without thinking. The red haired girl blushed. “Thank you…” She said shyly. “I make perfume in my cottage… do you want to see?” She asked. It was hard to refuse her. A bird lied from a branch and made it tremble. The boy looked up at the motion and saw the sun downer than before. “I’ll come tomorrow… with my love. She’d love to test your perfumes.” He answered reluctantly. The girl seemed annoyed for a moment but then smiled and nodded. “I love hearts that are in love. Let me give you a perfume to take to your love as a gift.” She said kindly and took showed him a small red bottle. He hadn’t noticed where it had come from; her dress didn’t have pockets or sleeves. “Thanks…” Said the boy happily and reached out to take the bottle but suddenly wind blew and sent pollen of his roses to her face. The girl sneezed. “God bless you…” Said the boy as his mother had taught him to say when a person sneezed or did a kindness to him. As soon as hearing the prayer, the girl shirked, stepped back and squirmed. Her body vibrated wildly and the red bottle fell from her hand to shatter on the ground. The red liquid burnt at her feet. Such a strong poison that was. “FOOL!” Screamed the witch who now looked like a hag rather than a girl. “You don’t deserve my eternal beauty… go and die with your country cow whom you call love… love is no more than a man’s lust… some hormones and I know them all. I brew them and am able to make people to fall in love or hate each other.” Said the witch while walking farther from him. “If you promise to not say a single prayer again, I’ll give you love and eternal beauty with my potions. Come with me and forget about your plain girl.” She offered but the boy wasn’t listening anymore. He was walking back to the village faster than before. He didn’t want to be late the night he was going to confess his love for the first time.

The boy sat at the edge of the lake to wet stems of roses; he wanted them to be fresh when he presented them to his love. “So gentle… are those for someone special?” Asked a kind voice. He looked up and saw a girl almost in the same age of his love swimming in the lake. She had long green-blue hair that reached her ankles. He blushed and wished to look away but couldn’t take her eyes off her body. “Yes… I’m going to meet my love.” He answered. “How romantic!” The girl chimed. “But you’ve come a long way and your body is covered with sweat. Take off your clothes and wash yourself in the lake. You love will be happier if you are clean.” She suggested and it sounded reasonable. He put roses on the ground and started fumbling with his buttons but as looked down into the lake, the reflection of the sky on its silvery surface told him that the was out of his sight. He looked up and noticed that the color of sky was about to change as the sun approached to horizon. “It’s too late… I’ll be back tomorrow with my love to swim together.” He said as picked roses up to go. “I’m lonely… I won’t let you go anywhere.” Said the Nymph and fog rose from the lake. The boy ran as fast as he could but when he was out of the fog, found himself out of his path and in dangerous part of the forest.

A pair of soft hot arms wrapped around him from behind. He forced his body free and turned to look at the person who had played the prank. She was sexy woman with purple hair and black horns. The boy backed off in shock and she giggled. “Don’t be afraid, boy~ Don’t look at my horns… see my body!” She laughed and her voice was strong. “I don’t have time for this… I’m going to meet my love…” He said but she cut it: “I don’t care. I can teach you good tricks to please her. Don’t you want to know?” She offered seductively. “No… she won’t like it. Good girls don’t like play boys...” He defied. She laughed again. “You know nothing! Nothing as a good girl exists. There are people who can enjoy their bodies and those who fail. Come~ Let me show you… it’s free~ ” She approached him so he had to step back again. “I trust my love and her chastity. You can’t sway me with all joys of the world because my joy comes from my soul not my body.” He said confidently. It made the succubus mad. She changed to a beast in blink of an eye. “Soul? Your soul? I hate it! I’ll corrupt it… give it to me!” She yelled and began chasing after the boy as her ran for his life.

He only stopped when he felt the ground under his boots wasn’t steady. Marshes. He backed off and looked back. The succubus had stopped chasing him. But why? He looked ahead at the marshland. The sky was scarlet and it was too late to return. What if that monster has been scared to follow me here? Is a worse one living in marshes? He wondered.

“Are you lost? I can help you pass the marsh.” Again it was a woman who found the boy. She was tall and slender with silky blue-grey hair so long that brushed the ground as she walk. She wore long robs with V shaped collar that revealed her extremely pal chest. He had already learned his lesson; these people were dangerous. “No, thanks. I’ll go around it.” He answered. “Why so cold?” Asked the woman with icy voice. She walked neared and he noticed her eyes were as red as fresh blood. He had to run but she was in front of him wherever he turned to. “You can see my true face, can’t you? Normally, you should love my face and trust it. If you tell me why you’re different I’ll let you pass without harm.” Lilith offered. The boy thought of what had happened to him with the other three girls. “I don’t want to fall for faces, bodies and voices. The witch was right; lust is cheap and that sort of love can be made by some potion. My beloved is a plain girl… maybe I’m the only man in the village who thinks she’s pretty… but I want her. I want to make her happy. I want to see her smiles. I want to be happy with her. That’s why tonight I should take these roses to her. She has the most beautiful soul… she’ll be my salvation.” He answered and was surprised by himself since he didn’t use to be so talkative. “A soul… usually succubus devours their soul before they reach my marsh and then they easily fall in my trap and I take their hearts. I bet a heart full of love like yours is going to be the most delicious. But you’ve not fallen for me. You didn’t walk to my arms. This is not the way of my game so I’ll let you leave and meet your girl.” Lilith said and showed the boy the safe way out of the marsh.

By the time the boy reached the village the sun had set and the moon was walking u the dark sky from east. A dog barked a welcoming woof and he saw her carrying a large bucket of water to a barn. The boy ran forward and took the bucket from the girl with one hand and put roses in her hands instead. “Wow… they’re do beautiful… and smell heavenly…” She said happily. He was right, pink roses suited her rosy face. But he could say nothing. He boy had lost his tongue again. He took the bucket to the barn and watered cows. They walked out together under slivery shower of moonlight. “The moon is so beautiful tonight.” She said softly. “N… not as pretty as you…” He finally managed to utter. He reddened, she blushed. “These flowers… are you going to extract their perfume?” She asked perhaps to hide her embarrassment. He shook his head. “For you.” He said in low tone. She was silent again. “Thanks.” She said and they stood there in front of each other but none had the courage to look up. “These must be rare… how… where could you find them?” She broke the torturous silence. And then he began. It was easier to tell the story as they walked to farmer’s house. “That’s amazing! You’ve seen a lot and my brothers will be jealous if they hear that you’ve met so many pretty girls!” She giggled like a child. His heart was melting. “No… I saw no hair prettier than yours, no face more adorable than yours, no eyes as beautiful as yours… and I want to hold no woman but you.” He had finally said it but she didn’t seem to be shocked. Although she was red ear to ear it seemed that she had expected him to ask for her hand. “I… always watched you working… and thought… your broad shoulders are so manly. It’s easy to trust my happiness to them.” She looked up and smiled. He could give his life to embrace and kiss her that moment. “Let’s go inside. Please have dinner with us. My father is going to be happy to have you beside him.” She took his hand and took him inside the farmer’s house.

Users who are viewing this thread