• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pillars of Creation - A complete history of the world.

Kanuut

World Builder, World Destroyer, Cheese Grater.
So, who would be interested in a nation building RP where we enact a history?

In the RP players would take a group and play out different sections of the group as it builds and interacts with other groups. There would be no set perspective. GMs would feature as 'wills of nature', portraying natural events and directing players into interesting ideas, for example, one member of group X has invented Y. Allowing new pathways in the RP.

As a player you would be the controller of your group, acting as its leaders, on all levels, choosing which wars to wage, which lands to colonise, direct your people to conquer the globe.

The initial setting of the game would be during the early days of civilisation, only basic tools have been invented and dangers abound. As the game progresses magic and knowledge would expand and wars will be waged, empires will be forged and fall.

A basic draft of the rules would be:

Players don't decide outcomes for major things, so if theres a war you argue your positions and a GM will declare victories, both minor and total.

Players don't control knowledge, so no "my person invented X', but they can say 'my person studies 'vague description of what X does', to which a GM will decide upon success/failure

GMs can't powerbreak, if an empire is taking over the world we won't stop it, but we may subtly favour the weaker players in non decisive ways

Players can have their groups killed off/integrated into another players group, but if that happens the player can start a group in an uncharted area, take control of an NPC group or attempt to form a splinter group from another players group (GM will decide if splinter groups succeeds in independance)

The world will be Earth, probably starting in Europe (for biodiversity and access to other locations)

There will be multiple races, and deities will form with belief, and can interact with the mortal world.

If you are interested tell me, and any suggestions for improvement will be considered.

If more than 3 people are interested I'll start an RP and we can have new players join under the same conditions as a player whos group is destroyed.

You're hitting a lot of the areas that I love to RP: politics, history, war, & religion. There's obviously lots of potential there for writers.

I'll keep an eye on this.

As a lover of world building I'd be interested in joining this if it gets off the ground. Quick question: You say this is set on earth but that things like magic would be introduced and that the RP would start in the early days of human history, so would we just be using Earth as a map layout and then players would be free to create their own cultures, names for things and possible fantastical elements?

SpiralErrant said:
As a lover of world building I'd be interested in joining this if it gets off the ground. Quick question: You say this is set on earth but that things like magic would be introduced and that the RP would start in the early days of human history, so would we just be using Earth as a map layout and then players would be free to create their own cultures, names for things and possible fantastical elements?
Yes, we're using Earth as a geographical layout to simplify making landscapes. This means that all players can see the general geography of anywhere in the world even if no maps have been made. Details such as positions of forests and lone mountains and rivers are changeable, but mountain ranges, large land masses, the great rivers etc are to stay the same as on Earth.

I've made the RP and you're all welcome to sign up now. I'll make a starting post when theres enough civilisations accept and then its free to start. Detailed - Pillars of Ceation | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

This will be largely player driven, so feel free to debate amongst yourselves for the outcomes of conflicts and such.

I could be interested in this, although I've never really done anything like this before. Other than terrain, I'm assuming I won't need to know all that much about ancient Europe?

creepingShade said:
I could be interested in this, although I've never really done anything like this before. Other than terrain, I'm assuming I won't need to know all that much about ancient Europe?
Other than the geography and basic human anatomy nothing is set.

We're using Earths geography to simplify things and ensure we have a large amount of space to expand into if needed.

Other than that, nothing is set. Magic is possible, Gods can exist, players make their own civilisations and cultures. You can base your's off of an Earth culture but it doesn't have to follow it's history or develop the same way.

We're making a new world. We're just using Earth as a map.

And as for the ancient Europe, there's not really much to know. We're starting at the dawn of civilisation, there's no countries yet no politics, just a few groups of villages helping each other. You're in control of the fate of this world.

I was thinking maybe we should start in like the medieval era? The ancient era is quite bland when it comes to creating a nation. In the medieval era we'd have a lot more room for diversity and cool unique features of our various civilizations.

This world is ours to shape, so we'll use the dawn of civilisation to set up the world with our civilisations then I'll give everyone some expansion and knowledge and we'll start the fun part around the equivalent to medieval.

I think it's better to spend a bit of time before that because magic and divinity will affect how a civilisation grows.

This first stage will pass pretty quickly, If you really want it to go fast I'd suggest signing up so we can start sooner :P

I also wanted to start in this age because it'll give us a chance to alter the civilisations as more join, as well as expand into gaps we find, in both geographical claims and aspects I've overlooked that are necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but it will be a rather complex form of magic, you'll develop it slowly. I'd suggest you give your people a good reason to be fiddling around with it if you really want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back